What about removin the focus cost on shadow rmb?

LockEasymeef

The full dark build currently has some serious focus starvation issues outside of siphon. It deals a little less damage compared to the bombardement helix build, so why not remove the focus cost of shadow rmb? Focus shouldn't be something to worry about, it is just unfun to rely on weapon procs or destroy your flow to throw out a mantra (it really destroys the rotation in comparison to bombardement helix or call, since you have to be really fast and don't have ''gaps'' you can use to weave it in)

Wouldn't recommend Full dark build until you have at least True Scorpion.

If you play for dps, dragoncall and Bomb/Helix build can clear the run faster.

The only reason I like dark build is it ignore the Target debuff like many moment of endgame boss where you can't apply any essential debuff for WL to pull their combo. If not for those boss, I would dragoncall and mow them down. Also to keep "3" skill on daze in case of cc-sensitive situation.

If you have 300 Retrieved Secret Techniques, get HM Soul Shackle T5S2. Recover 5 focus and you can use it twice, quick and easy to weave in between Wingstorm combo.

It's not about what spec is better, I just enjoy playing full dark build more than anything else. i like stealing aggro, you know :D.

(sitting at 600 ap+, 57% crit and 212% critdmg btw ;) )

The point is, once we get legendary acessories, full dark build will become a very good spec and I want it to be dynamic, not a focus proc dependant rng rotation. 

I really like how it plays but running out of focus is just ...

It's easy to put in a mantra in bombardement helix or call, since bombardement is just a filler and you will always hav a mantra proc. In the full dark build a mantra can completely interrupt you damage if you're unlucky. 

Removing the focus cost of dark rmb wouldn't make this spec op or something, just more fun

i've been using full dark build with hm rmb for around 3months now. with true scorpio your 100% chi recovery procs alot since you hit a lot of things like rmb rapture helix, each one of them can proc it. if you didnt get the proc use soulshackle t5s1 and it will give back alot of chi. and for the times that shackle is down use either t3s1 mantera or t4s1 imprison. if you time these things you will never go out of chi

but the best way i know for chi is use rmb then 1 lmb then salvo. it gives a bid more damage and chi back

All depends on how you spec Rupture - F1 = no focus issues, With F1 Rupture, I don't even spec Mantra, it's not needed. I used to use F1 for longer fights or where I know I'm going to be taking more damage, or it's a tank n spank snore feast and I don't want to manage focus. Unfortunately, now that F2 Rupture reduces Wingstorm cooldown, it's too much DPS loss to justify it.

I've always used Salvo though.  2 sec reduction on Wingstorm is too good to pass up on Helix build and more than makes up for the damage loss from Bombard to Salvo.

I've never been able to pull off a decent Dragoncall rotation, so I don't bother.

4 hours ago, Eileithia said:

All depends on how you spec Rupture - F1 = no focus issues, With F1 Rupture, I don't even spec Mantra, it's not needed. I used to use F1 for longer fights or where I know I'm going to be taking more damage, or it's a tank n spank snore feast and I don't want to manage focus. Unfortunately, now that F2 Rupture reduces Wingstorm cooldown, it's too much DPS loss to justify it.

I've always used Salvo though.  2 sec reduction on Wingstorm is too good to pass up on Helix build and more than makes up for the damage loss from Bombard to Salvo.

I've never been able to pull off a decent Dragoncall rotation, so I don't bother.

Even with the changes to shadow rupture I can't bring myself to use it.... I don't like using a build that completely focus starves me... Oh well I'll spam my HM helix less then other people.... at least I'll have focus for days haha

55 minutes ago, Dr SoulReaper said:

Even with the changes to shadow rupture I can't bring myself to use it.... I don't like using a build that completely focus starves me... Oh well I'll spam my HM helix less then other people.... at least I'll have focus for days haha

not only you use helix less, you also hit lower (Since shadow rupture have higger dmg), and you spam your V less.... you're basically behind everyother WL dps

I switched to Shadow build with Ice Wingstorm, I have HM rmb and I have to say that I'll not come back to Bombardment.

The rng on bombardment crit is awful, many times you don't crit and have to re-cast it.

I use Mantra when I use Wingstorm, my bar is always full of chi, I'm using HM Mantra too.

You can cancel Mantra with Helix, so using during Wingstorm is the best thing.

On 8/30/2016 at 11:59 AM, Nowaki said:

not only you use helix less, you also hit lower (Since shadow rupture have higger dmg), and you spam your V less.... you're basically behind everyother WL dps

heh welp i take back what i said yesterday.... after using shadowrupture for gloomdross... i noticed a rather large difference in overall dps.... now i feel like a scrub... meh oh well lol

Archived