This is what is happening in EU.

NightFer

This is a terrible idea.  The essential idea behind monoplizing something is by controlling a commodity that has a a finite or at least extremely slow supply.  NCWest has already stated they're adding multiple new ways of obtaining moonstones, and even if this person manages to maintain the price for a week or 2 more, he's going to be in for massive losses once details of the patch are released.

Pretty much confirms what Ive always thought was going on. Its not just in EU, its happening in NA as well. 

By product of a toxic, selfish, greedy game community.

Then these individuals are the first to come to the forums and qq about why their favorite game is dead.

I can't believe some people would purposely try to make it harder for the masses to gear up. I'm sure certain NA Big Shots has done similar things, I have no problems with folks that spend thousands of cash on the game if they wanna support it and gear up faster themselves, nothing wrong with that. But purposely giving everyone else a harder time just for the sake of greed and playing god just makes me sick.

Or maybe casual can stop for a moment and realise that prices are going down + more sources of moonstones later on + less mats needed next patch?

If you are so obsessed with buy moonstones right now then you deserve to be milked by merchants lol

Also moonstones are cheap AF now compare to what that guy paid for lol

5 minutes ago, ShiroUmi said:

I don't really care what they are doing, what I am wondering is where did the person get that amount of gold to nonchalantly did what the person just did.

Easy, just slam a few thousand dollars on Nccoins and than transfer all that for gold in the currently exchange and bang, there's your 40k, 50k etc.

5 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

I can't believe some people would purposely try to make it harder for the masses to gear up. I'm sure certain NA Big Shots has done similar things, I have no problems with folks that spend thousands of cash on the game if they wanna support it and gear up faster themselves, nothing wrong with that. But purposely giving everyone else a harder time just for the sake of greed and playing god just makes me sick.

4 silver poh perfume says hi, 10 silver hae mu balls says hi, also moonwater tears quartz stinger moonstones PSTS radient energy etc when they are newly released say hi.

If you are not willing to farm items yourself and buy from others that's what you ask for.

Just now, adbe said:

4 silver poh perfume says hi, 10 silver hae mu balls says hi, also moonwater tears quartz stinger moonstones PSTS radient energy etc when they are newly released say hi.

If you are not willing to farm items yourself and buy from others that's what you ask for.

I have no problems farming myself. I am set with 625ap. I am talking about all the lower ap folks out there.

8 minutes ago, MasterBlaster said:

I have no problems farming myself. I am set with 625ap. I am talking about all the lower ap folks out there.

then that's what they ask for, I for one am grateful that those items are tradable and you can buy some of them should you not enjoy some content of this game

moonstone in particular is a problem for newbies in every region but since they are going to change this problem for NA/EU I'm ok with it (unless its F10 solution like mysterious crystals right now -_____-)

Oh also on the topic of monopolising the market you should talk about HM skills, know a lot of people doing that, or ornaments when demand finally hit in our version.

This particular person admits he and his group is doing this since moonstones were introduced with silverfrost patch. If people like that never existed here, we wouldnt have any problems with moonstones to begin with whatsoever. We wouldnt need more ways to get moonstones and the demand wouldnt be this high. Why other regions have moonstone prices 2 times lower than us? They dont need them? Wrong! Later on you need shit loads of moonstones aswell. They have the same ways (except the battlegrounds we dont have) for farming them. 

Thats all I can say. Instead of looking for new ways to make people rich ingame, find a way to stabalize the marketplace dear NCSoft devs.

Lol, pretty sure NCsoft knew this was going on but would never say anything about it because it would make them look like retards who dont know how to manage a game.

regardless. All that money probably came from gold sites. Theres no way these people earned that in game.

One Word, Owner of the Bots For Sure, cause now recent business, 5Dollar for 100gold, is the normal rate, but now since lot ppl asked for Moonstone in F10,

they doing that, 5dollar = 50moonstone like that not sure, but saw some one was talking in Faction chat about it

6 hours ago, NightFer said:

sad_life_moonstones.jpgmoonstones.jpg

I wouldnt hide the names so here is what is happening and WHY the price of moonstones is so high still. Just going to leave this here for the casuals across the regions to see.

PS: This is defenately not me!

I am confused... you are saying one person bought 11140 moonstones to try and manipulate the market?

Normally someone would only do such a thing is prices was expecting to go up.... is this person an idiot or a troll? mabey planning to hold on to the moonstones until the market crashes?

either way sounds like a huge gamble/risk.

I can only Imagine/dream if i had 1k gold... 51k LOL woudent have to farm or do anything in the game for years.

Yes, there is.

A guildie has like 76k, he has multiple accounts. Got the 100k gold archievement also multiple times. He is using a 3rd party Program thats buying Low and selling High. 

On his alts he is also rank10 reached it by buying hmcoins, so he can put up 50 items.

Some good investments. And daily reaching the goldselling cap on currency exchange.

23 minutes ago, luzt said:

Yes, there is.

A guildie has like 76k, he has multiple accounts. Got the 100k gold archievement also multiple times. He is using a 3rd party Program thats buying Low and selling High. 

On his alts he is also rank10 reached it by buying hmcoins, so he can put up 50 items.

Some good investments. And daily reaching the goldselling cap on currency exchange.

Did he also unlock the "Undead" achievement?

• NCSOFT

I just had a look at the total amount of Moonstones created daily across all European Realms and what's being shown in the OP is nearly not enough to impact the Market. 11,000 Moonstones is nowhere close to what's even being produced daily by Europeans Players. No one's going to create a shortage by buying so little Moonstones.

Don't forget that the amount being traded at the Marketplace is fairly lower to the amount produced daily (which no one knows but us). Lot of players are just holding onto their Moonstones. If prices were to suddenly go up due to the beginning of shortage more sellers would appear on the market to take advantage of that and prices would head down again.

It'd take a massive amount of gold to create a proper shortage of Moonstones over several days (we are talking millions here) and while this is achievable if some players decide to band together we are still free to remove these players from the game for disrupting others. Playing the market for personal gain is perfectly fine and allowed by the rules up to a certain level. Disrupting the in-game economy on a regional level is something we can punish.

(And to wannabe traders out there, buying a commodity while a market is clearly bearish isn't smart.)

Archived