Is KFM still viable?

Arcayne

Back in January I originally started as a KFM. I enjoyed it greatly, and as I gained levels I found it quite fun. However that was then. Now it seems as if ranged is the way to go.

You have so many ways to either CC or burn down mobs/bosses that I dont see how a mele class not named sin can compete. 

So the question...is rolling a KFM main still a viable option given how nowadays you even have FM's "tanking" bosses. Or should I justify roll with ranged and ride the pew pew wave?

I'm afraid B&S follow typical korean MMO route - make the range classes OP in to sky, trash the melee classes to the ground and say they are just "hard" because stupid crowd will buy this bullshit anyway.

KFM is viable in the latest contents only I guess. If you wanna start a KFM skip everything, just keep doing story quest and get as far as you can. Only go back and challenge the low level dungeons for weapon upgrades when you are a bit overleveled past the recommended level. I seriously think this is the only way to have fun with KFM -.-

If you like easy learning class roll with the fm/range pew pew wave.

If you have good/decent ping: lower than 100, if your at 20ish ms you should be able to become what i call a  "kfm god".

if you like "tanking" bosses play kfm, if you are average skilled i can promise you that you can hold aggro from people who have 50ap more than you easily. 

use the fire build when lvling it has aoe and give health back

due note that you will have an easier time in SSP when you get around 550ap with good soul shields and  hongmoon skills , a KFM can and should do around 250k in 10 secs that is more than enough to get credit for anything/everthing there as long as you dont mess up your dps rotation which is not that hard once you get used to it. (you use single blue buff, get lvl 4 searing palm and then spam comet strike, it should do around 30-50k each hit)

i dont pvp on my kfm, but i heard and know it is strong if you take the time to learn your 3rf, ccs/ pvp stuff/ other classes

hope this helps,

p.s. I do regret that i did not choose an easier class for my FIRST blade and soul character, but now that I have masted pve kfm i really do enjoy it and love tanking/ buffing parties with blue buff and having double cc of everthing(daze,stun,knockdown), and 4 iframes helps :D

the answer is YES, KFM is still viable and very strong if used properly. 

If viable means "you can succeed in all content and have fun playing" the answer is definitely yes. And it should not matter that it will be yes for any class, as that is what a good and balanced game should provide.

I am playing KFM in all aspects of PvE and PvP and it's very satisfying for me. If you like the KFM style you should not worry about sticking with it. ^_^

If you are good and can excel in the class and able to tank yes it's a viable class.

Range tanking will soon be a thing in the past considering most range tank by simply kitting the boss which is terrible for future dungeon. In TW server players do look for tank for some dungeons and not DPS because there are simply too many DPS around and very little capable tank.

Thanks for the replies all. Ive decided to go ahead and roll one, ranged meta be damned.

Anyways I find ranged classes boring, always have. So was hoping to avoid them. Rolled an FM once got to 39 and got bored to death. Plus spamming sunflowers isnt my thing, (scummoner.)

Btw thank you Solidarius for the indepth tips. Ill be sure to heed your advice as I work my way to 50. Mucho appreciated! ^ ^

Archived