Forums

Brethren and sisters We have done it

On 8/14/2016 at 7:55 PM, United17 said:

Actually I've played this and TERA which are the extent of my Korean MMO experience. Neither takes an ounce of skill. So not sure what you're talking about. You've done 4 man Masts 2 times, you've done it 1000 times. What skill? Stay out of big aoe? There's no skill just endless repetition.

Try something like SWtoR where in hard modes it takes an entire coordinated group, and OP gear won't save you. One person does the wrong thing, shoots at something shouldn't, breaks a CC he shouldn't it's a wipe. Also there's ACTUAL mechanics. No "ok stay out of the obvious water that's hurting me". There's mechanics just to GET THROUGH the raid in western MMOs. Mobs have mechanics the map has mechanics. BnS is just oh welp we missed that cc on YETI it's ok we'll just DPS down with our 650+ AP no problem...lol.

Ya BnS...game's hard and really putting up with the grind and tedium is by far the only challenge in this game. BnS takes "skill" please. I could bring in a mediocre player from Star Wars and have him run through a BnS "raid" guarantee at the end they would say "oh that's it?".

Sound like you had your raids delivered to you on a silver platter so probably you didn't see what's really going on when the average Joes and Janes run those dungeons.

We the normal Joes and Janes have to learn the mechanic of Yeti before that thing smirk and kill everyone. My first yeti party was full of 450APs. The highest person was 500AP even. And you know what, by the time we finished Yeti, everyone was extremely happy and felt accomplished. That no rooting/chaining/pinning/KD/air combo/picking him up during heat phase because if we do, that's a guarantee to lose 1 heart (In 4men, it's a byebye see you later). Forget to stun him before 2nd jump, that will be 1 heart left after his 3rd jump. Forget to clear some of the ice pool and pt has no FM to save everyone from that grave mistake? Welp, here comes the grim reaper. With a party of average players, Yeti would probably the first boss ever that require team work/mechanic. Then after that, Naga King, Asura, Nexus -- they all need mechanic. That first room in Nexus, sure, you can just throw bomb without thinking and ends up with a 3.5mil HP boss, but we prefer to fight a non 3.5mil HP boss by getting the right one -- which again you need to know the room mechanic.

I don't complain about those. In fact, I love these bosses. I like think that require some works especially cooperation rather than just kamikaze running in and smashing it.

At the same time, it sounds like you like SWTOR more than BnS since it's more "challenging". Maybe, you should spend more time in SWTOR so you don't have to worry about people who aren't up with your game in BnS.

With that said, lowering the cost for weapon upgrades will definitely allow more people to be able to upgrade the weapon so they can at least able to pug maps without being kick due to those "600AP+ Naryu Lab" or "600AP+ Lair" (Trust me I saw those and I laughed so much that I choked on my water -- It's ridiculous because I cleared Naryu with a party of 6 whose AP ranged from 390-430AP so not sure why the 600AP...Aren't that map lv45?)

Edited by YamiKokennin
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

About time.      That's seriously all I have to say. This should have been done  a long time ago.

so what? tablets are easy to get.. i get them without trying. and when i need them to upgrade i have them ready

What we need is gold reward increase by say 30-50% at least 

Having too easy upgrades will just cause people having high AP but 0 skills. There are already alarmingly increased amount of 600+ players who pretty much knows no mechanics of dungeons, don't listen to party and keeps causing party wipes.

6 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

It's ridiculous because I cleared Naryu with a party of 6 whose AP ranged from 390-430AP so not sure why the 600AP...Aren't that map lv45?)

I so agree with this. I have been to those 600+ parties few times and to be hones I rather hit LFP for that dungeon than ever again join 600+ parties. No one cares about mechanics and the dungeon take ridiculously much more time thanks to that.

6 hours ago, YamiKokennin said:

Sound like you had your raids delivered to you on a silver platter so probably you didn't see what's really going on when the average Joes and Janes run those dungeons.

We the normal Joes and Janes have to learn the mechanic of Yeti before that thing smirk and kill everyone. My first yeti party was full of 450APs. The highest person was 500AP even. And you know what, by the time we finished Yeti, everyone was extremely happy and felt accomplished. That no rooting/chaining/pinning/KD/air combo/picking him up during heat phase because if we do, that's a guarantee to lose 1 heart (In 4men, it's a byebye see you later). Forget to stun him before 2nd jump, that will be 1 heart left after his 3rd jump. Forget to clear some of the ice pool and pt has no FM to save everyone from that grave mistake? Welp, here comes the grim reaper. With a party of average players, Yeti would probably the first boss ever that require team work/mechanic. Then after that, Naga King, Asura, Nexus -- they all need mechanic. That first room in Nexus, sure, you can just throw bomb without thinking and ends up with a 3.5mil HP boss, but we prefer to fight a non 3.5mil HP boss by getting the right one -- which again you need to know the room mechanic.

I don't complain about those. In fact, I love these bosses. I like think that require some works especially cooperation rather than just kamikaze running in and smashing it.

At the same time, it sounds like you like SWTOR more than BnS since it's more "challenging". Maybe, you should spend more time in SWTOR so you don't have to worry about people who aren't up with your game in BnS.

With that said, lowering the cost for weapon upgrades will definitely allow more people to be able to upgrade the weapon so they can at least able to pug maps without being kick due to those "600AP+ Naryu Lab" or "600AP+ Lair" (Trust me I saw those and I laughed so much that I choked on my water -- It's ridiculous because I cleared Naryu with a party of 6 whose AP ranged from 390-430AP so not sure why the 600AP...Aren't that map lv45?)

No it was just easy, easy as pie. Went into the 2 new dungeons as well, never watched a video never knew anything at all about them cleared them without a single death in the party, pug parties mind you. Went on to 4 mans and oh looky exactly the same except with 4 people and no noob indicators, again cleared them easily.

Ya SWTOR is 10x the game this is and I like it exponentially better, not to mention the fact I'll spend $15 a month on that and $100 a month on BnS (at least), and I still play it quite frequently, but I've played it for almost 5 years now in December so it's to the point i've done everything.

See those "mechanics" you listed for YETI (if you call CCing a boss mechanics) now make them 10 fold and you'll have a hallway in a raid in SW. I'm not saying it's always easy a noob can screw it up easily, I'm just saying it takes no skill like people are claiming, there isn't a dungeon in this game that does, takes gear sure....but skill...nope.

Have you ever though that maybe they want to run the dungeon in a fast pace? 

Everybody's rushing once they know the mechanic, sad but true.

Time is money after all, most players wont bother doing a 10min dungeon, when there's a way to do it for 5min. 

6 hours ago, Ishtar said:

Time is money after all, most players wont bother doing a 10min dungeon, when there's a way to do it for 5min. 

And thats why we need to gear upfaster so we can do those easy runs with the high levels

46 minutes ago, CrimsonKitsune said:

And thats why we need to gear upfaster so we can do those easy runs with the high levels

The requirements for fast runs will keep highering even if gearing is easy. People will start asking for 650-700 or even 750+ to get rid of those players who simply geared fast without learning any dungeons. NA/EU players aren't kind to newbies.

7 hours ago, Ishtar said:

I have seen 600+ 4men yeti get wiped, 600+ Asura get wiped at babies. I have seen 500 and below survived maps when the high AP die. First hand experience on my WL. AP aren't everything. Once you are wiped, you hare to redo, that may take even more time than a group that is 500+ steady running with no wipe.

But yes, back to the point of this thread. Lower the upgrading cost will allow more alt/new players to be able to gear themselves thus open them to later dungeon without getting kicked from party.

Edited by YamiKokennin
1 hour ago, YamiKokennin said:

I have seen 600+ 4men yeti get wiped, 600+ Asura get wiped at babies. I have seen 500 and below survived maps when the high AP die. First hand experience on my WL. AP aren't everything. Once you are wiped, you hare to redo, that may take even more time than a group that is 500+ steady running with no wipe.

But yes, back to the point of this thread. Lower the upgrading cost will allow more alt/new players to be able to gear themselves thus open them to later dungeon without getting kicked from party.

How do i put this...

The people joining the party are randoms, it's not like every 500 party you encounter are veteran, the same goes for 600. It's totally random. (unless specified) 

It's always better to search for pt with ap similar to your own.

I just reached 600 recently, so i always search for 600 first before lowering it. 

Also there's those certain players that kicks people who didn't met their requirements, there's a lot of them, we call them elitist fags lol. 

I encounter them on daily basis. You get to hear their holier than thou attitude no matter your ap. 1 mistake you make, they call you out/cussing/name calling, you name it. Most of them are retarded tho.

Edited by Ishtar
22 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

The requirements for fast runs will keep highering even if gearing is easy. People will start asking for 650-700 or even 750+ to get rid of those players who simply geared fast without learning any dungeons. NA/EU players aren't kind to newbies.

Oh no you misunderstood when we get to that level we can steam roll them ourselves, we won't need those high lvls anymore because we will be the new high lvls the old set can finally fade off into obscurity :). 

On 8/11/2016 at 6:19 PM, 876605_1452550437 said:

Who cares, its way to late and WOW's new expac is the final nail in this coffin. 

Lol.  WoW is no threat to this game.  Yup, I just said that.  Combat sucks as does PvP.  So... people will leave and after a few weeks come right back.  Legion is hardly the "nail."

On 8/15/2016 at 5:40 PM, YamiKokennin said:

LOL What?  So, I played SWTOR ran progression, killed everything there is to kill and completed all raids in Nightmare that are available and hard mode.  And you are way off.  Waaaaayyy off.

Do you know what a mediocre SWTOR player would say after running a purple dungeon here?  "Why did I die?  Where are my heals?  There is no way to avoid those attacks?  This is ridiculous."

Point of fact, raids are different.  There is no way to compare them because SWTOR uses the trinity.  Also players are much easier to carry as a result.  And as for skill?  You have to be kidding.  Skill is not a requirement for most raids in SWTOR.  What is required is knowing when to go click a button, or stand in a spot, or stay away from the boss.  That is hardly skill.

So they are apples and oranges, but if you are talking just about skill, there is no comparison.  BnS is much more skilled based than SWTOR.

On 8/16/2016 at 10:16 PM, United17 said:

See those "mechanics" you listed for YETI (if you call CCing a boss mechanics) now make them 10 fold and you'll have a hallway in a raid in SW. I'm not saying it's always easy a noob can screw it up easily, I'm just saying it takes no skill like people are claiming, there isn't a dungeon in this game that does, takes gear sure....but skill...nope.

So I take it that you haven't seen a failed 4men Nexus run with 2 Legendaries? Yes they are surpass'ed the 650+ AP sitting close to 700. Why they failed? Failed to CC sarge, and didn't spread the drills, and they literally asking why their damage suck after the CC failure. Sure, if there were no CC phase nor drill drop, they could have completed. But they thought their gears can help them complete the map ditching the boss mechanic, they were dead wrong. After that failing party, I got into another party for 4men Nexus with 500-550AP, guess what, not a single errors on any bosses. We completed it and it was smooth.

1 hour ago, Yolie said:

Do you know what a mediocre SWTOR player would say after running a purple dungeon here?  "Why did I die?  Where are my heals?  There is no way to avoid those attacks?  This is ridiculous."

Point of fact, raids are different.  There is no way to compare them because SWTOR uses the trinity.  Also players are much easier to carry as a result.  And as for skill?  You have to be kidding.  Skill is not a requirement for most raids in SWTOR.  What is required is knowing when to go click a button, or stand in a spot, or stay away from the boss.  That is hardly skill.

OMG, this is exactly how I felt like :) I actually mainly healed, then started DPSing in SWTOR. And one thing I cannot cope with in BnS is an expectation to tank as well  as DPS and only offheal yourself & have non-targeted AoE heal, that is not scalable for the situation (in other words, I cannot pour health onto that guy who needs it and burst-heal him).  The closest battle in SWTOR that I can think of to the BnS battle in its pace, amount of responcibility on each player and pattern is the Underlurker, bless its soul (prior to nerf).

Another thing is, in SWTOR, an Operation is a Big Thing. You form the group, get everyone lined up, swap the roles, then proceed through the Operation. In BnS, the dungeon is industry and a conveyer belt.

They actually do have some pretty elaborate cutscenes in BnS, but I doubt more than 5% of the players actually watched them even on the first run. The point in BnS is not to run the dungeon, it's to get stuff. if the best stuff in BnS was obtained from dancing your avatar naked on top of Jiwan's Peak, you'd have folks trying to get the skin off their toons (and complaining about the dancing bots).

I am finally getting what people told me from the start. Without the grind, BnS is done for. What keeps it alive is the competition for the grind laurels. If tomorrow you logged into the game and found yourself with a 100,000 gold and maxed out gear, if you are not the kind of a player that has to get things and be better than everyone else it getting things, you'd be enjoying BnS just as much as you do with Awakened Infernal and True Profane. BnS content is just trappings for those folks that really want game stuff, whatever it is called, and gotta get it. And getting it the hard way makes them feel awesome.

In SWTOR, gear or level or a guild is like a gateway to a world. In BnS, gear is the end of the road. Once you get it, I guess, it's gold you are amassing, but it's not like it's gonna give you any new experiences or something. It's always about getting stuff, not experiencing stuff. Getting Blight Weapon in Narrows is exactly the same as getting Offal in 4M Masts.

So, if you don't enjoy the process, the journey of getting richer in a game, or if you say "I cannot get there, because..." BnS has not much to offer you. One, maybe three runs through each of those dungeons to prove to yourself that you can do it, see the scenery and that's that.

BnS doesn't have the scope to appeal to a wide audience, it is targeting a very specific type of the player, and obviously does it well, because for a while all of us get caught in that race and start wanting things. It's just most of us stop really soon, because... we don't really need them and don't get our kicks from the infinite cycle of acquisition.

Edited by DomiSotto
29 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

OMG, this is exactly how I felt like :) I actually mainly healed, then started DPSing in SWTOR. And one thing I cannot cope with in BnS is an expectation to tank as well  as DPS and only offheal yourself & have non-targeted AoE heal, that is not scalable for the situation (in other words, I cannot pour health onto that guy who needs it and burst-heal him).  The closest battle in SWTOR that I can think of to the BnS battle in its pace, amount of responcibility on each player and pattern is the Underlurker, bless its soul (prior to nerf).

Another thing is, in SWTOR, an Operation is a Big Thing. You form the group, get everyone lined up, swap the roles, then proceed through the Operation. In BnS, the dungeon is industry and a conveyer belt.

They actually do have some pretty elaborate cutscenes in BnS, but I doubt more than 5% of the players actually watched them even on the first run. The point in BnS is not to run the dungeon, it's to get stuff. if the best stuff in BnS was obtained from dancing your avatar naked on top of Jiwan's Peak, you'd have folks trying to get the skin off their toons (and complaining about the dancing bots).

I am finally getting what people told me from the start. Without the grind, BnS is done for. What keeps it alive is the competition for the grind laurels. If tomorrow you logged into the game and found yourself with a 100,000 gold and maxed out gear, if you are not the kind of a player that has to get things and be better than everyone else it getting things, you'd be enjoying BnS just as much as you do with Awakened Infernal and True Profane. BnS content is just trappings for those folks that really want game stuff, whatever it is called, and gotta get it. And getting it the hard way makes them feel awesome.

In SWTOR, gear or level or a guild is like a gateway to a world. In BnS, gear is the end of the road. Once you get it, I guess, it's gold you are amassing, but it's not like it's gonna give you any new experiences or something. It's always about getting stuff, not experiencing stuff.

So, if you don't enjoy the process, the journey of getting richer in a game, or if you say "I cannot get there, because..." BnS has not much to offer you. One, maybe three runs through each of those dungeons to prove to yourself that you can do it, and that's that.

BnS doesn't have the scope to appeal to a wide audience, it is targeting a very specific type of the player, and obviously does it well, because for a while all of us get caught in that race and start wanting things. It's just most of us stop really soon, because... we don't really need them and don't get out kicks from the acquisition.

Ah, some one that gets it.  Yup.  Agree with what you have said especially Underlurker.  It took a while to get SWTOR folks to realize that they needed to step out of their role and understand they are responsible for their health to a great degree. Lol.

Yes.  It is very different.  The trinity is solid in SWTOR.  Tanks do nothing but and heals heal etc. etc. with rare, very rare, exceptions.  So strategy the is different.  Is it better?  Hmm... I'm not so sure.  It is different and can be just as challenging.  But here, you take responsibility for everything.  And yes that means that if you have high dps you may have to tank a bit.  And forget about heals, you better be ready to use your skills and potions to heal yourself and don't forget your iframe.

Operations have to be more organized and the mechanics more specific in SWTOR, but it doesn't make them more fun per say.  Some are simply click here, stand here, etc.  Here, there is less coordination but it is also more reflexive.  You have to adjust on the fly, know when to throw your combos etc. etc.  Take Yeti for example, one second everything is fine the next everything is falling apart because of a mistake with a stun.  You have to adjust and your gear unless you are legendary may not be enough.

As for the grind it is different as well.  Grind here for gear is a big part of the game.  In SWTOR it is only a big part of the game if your run Operations aka raids.  It is a different audience here for sure.  The challenge and combat is the selling point in BnS.  Everything else is a side note.  SWTOR is all about story and the group content is a component of that.

I'm still sub SWTOR.  I have played everything and now I'm waiting for new group content most especially new Ops.  In the meantime I get my combat fix here.  But to be honest, it is hard to go back to SWTOR from a combat perspective.  It is so vanilla in comparison.

Two very different games.  Net result? Both of them are fun.  But skill dominates here. 

Edited by Yolie
1 hour ago, Yolie said:

I'm still sub SWTOR.  I have played everything and now I'm waiting for new group content most especially new Ops.  In the meantime I get my combat fix here.  But to be honest, it is hard to go back to SWTOR from a combat perspective.  It is so vanilla in comparison.

I was thinking about returning to SWTOR, but the thought of rehearsing the rotations again is not appealing. I don't think I have adapted to the BnS combat, but I feel that it did help me with overall gaming IQ. My spatial awareness is not good enough to be able to do everything the higher end dungeons demand on the fly. Neither I was able to do higher end Hard Modes in SWTOR on the level even in my best role/my best class.  That pretty much placed me in BnS with having zero troubles up to 45 purples, managing through those okay-ish, then the first 50 purples being rather easy, and then being hit in the face on Yeti. I can do it if and only if the roles are mimicked and distributed before-hand.

Overall, I am feeling like trying a Trinity game again, rather than staying with BnS. If  I have came across folks I really liked playing with, and BnS simply had more to it, I'd be willing to work on it, mainly by matching my abilities (however modest) with a class that will highlight my strong points/mask my weak ones.

I'm just playing a little with different classes, staying away from the group content and relaxing in BnS - and one little appreciated thing about BnS is that you can actually do it in it, because low skill combat is remarkably easy and fluid - and waiting on Revelation to see if the hybrid system with a bit more Trinity, but a bit less rotational complexity is the perfect balance for me.

And, well, if I can find a peer group. In SWTOR, lots of people taught me from scratch (sometimes I think it literally took the whole of PvP community to get me clued in), including someone who played with me basically daily for a few month, and kept correcting me in a very frank but friendly way, coaching me through the basics of MMO, and switching roles and classes, and then I went to a very good SM guild and played with the same core folks for a while, and it made all the difference.

BnS though is very, very niche, and you got to love that niche to stick to it and re-learn/progress.

Edited by DomiSotto
2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

I was thinking about returning to SWTOR, but the thought of rehearsing the rotations again is not appealing. I don't think I have adapted to the BnS combat, but I feel that it did help me with overall gaming IQ. My spatial awareness is not good enough to be able to do everything the higher end dungeons demand on the fly. Neither I was able to do higher end Hard Modes in SWTOR on the level even in my best role/my best class.  That pretty much placed me in BnS with having zero troubles up to 45 purples, managing through those okay-ish, then the first 50 purples being rather easy, and then being hit in the face on Yeti. I can do it if and only if the roles are mimicked and distributed before-hand.

Overall, I am feeling like trying a Trinity game again, rather than staying with BnS. If  I have came across folks I really liked playing with, and BnS simply had more to it, I'd be willing to work on it, mainly by matching my abilities (however modest) with a class that will highlight my strong points/mask my weak ones.

I'm just playing a little with different classes, staying away from the group content and relaxing in BnS - and one little appreciated thing about BnS is that you can actually do it in it, because low skill combat is remarkably easy and fluid - and waiting on Revelation to see if the hybrid system with a bit more Trinity, but a bit less rotational complexity is the perfect balance for me.

And, well, if I can find a peer group. In SWTOR, lots of people taught me from scratch (sometimes I think it literally took the whole of PvP community to get me clued in), including someone who played with me basically daily for a few month, and kept correcting me in a very frank but friendly way, coaching me through the basics of MMO, and switching roles and classes, and then I went to a very good SM guild and played with the same core folks for a while, and it made all the difference.

BnS though is very, very niche, and you got to love that niche to stick to it and re-learn/progress.

You would be amazed how quickly stuff comes back to you.  I don't know when you left SWTOR or what class you preferred, but I don't think it will take long to pick it back up if you were playing when Ravagers and Underlurker were released.  Not much has changed class wise since the last level cap increase.  And since it is free to play, err... sort of, you can log back in there and see how you do.  Plus one months sub and you get all of the chapters to date unlocked all time.

As for BnS?  Well, yeah, I think Yeti is a good milestone.  It will tell you where you are in terms of dungeon game play as you ease into the harder stuff.  But, as you said, the difficulty is really dependent on who you are playing with.  If you are in a good clan and play and group with friends you will find the harder stuff less daunting and you will learn what you need too.  I don't think you have to be naturally skilled to play BnS.  But you do need a good group to play with.

You are right about increasing your gaming IQ.  Things are less forgiving in BnS generally so you learn how to deal and adjust in general.  And perhaps that is why I find SWTOR to damn easy now. Lol

But the Trinity... that damn the Trinity.  Lol.  Yes, I think that as a model for end game it is still the best.  It keeps things from turning into a zerg fest.  And defined roles also help groups succeed.  And your defined role gives you focus too.  People rail against the trinity but if you think about it even games like BnS break down to a trinity of sorts:  Tanks, dps, and utility classes.  So, I think that it is certainly something to look at when considering other MMOs.

I will go back to SWTOR from time to time and I will be there for new Operations aka raids.  But in general, I will be playing BnS for a good long while.  I won't be going to WoW for Legion and I don't see any other games on the horizon just yet the appeal to me.  There are a bunch out there that are promising a great deal, but I need to see them first.

Ya this game definitely beats out SWtOR on the combat fun. Also the cash shop is crap in star wars. I'll very rarely see something I have to have, in BnS I want just about everything in there (cosmetics). 

That's about where it ends unfortunately. I would like to do other things in BnS but the grind like you know.........oh wait there ISN'T anything but the grind.

On August 17, 2016 at 3:42 PM, Yolie said:

You would be amazed how quickly stuff comes back to you.  I don't know when you left SWTOR or what class you preferred, but I don't think it will take long to pick it back up if you were playing when Ravagers and Underlurker were released.  Not much has changed class wise since the last level cap increase.  And since it is free to play, err... sort of, you can log back in there and see how you do.  Plus one months sub and you get all of the chapters to date unlocked all time.

Yeah, I have all the unlocks bought, characters carefully distributed on two servers to not exceed the 16-char limit, and my guild is still active, so, yeah, I can log back in. But I am just done, tbh.

Same with BnS - I know that objectively it's getting better, but I am just, well, done.

My favorites in SWTOR were Op and Sorc heals and VG/PT/Mrc/Mando DPS.  So, Gunner or Spirit Shaper in Rev. Though the most I miss is my Op heals. Not even sure why, because sorc was ruling supreme, but I guess, just insane fun, rolls and stealth. :) Well, okay, he just turned out as a great character too. He was a BT1 Cathar, called Runt'o'litter  :)

Don't feel that way about my BnS chars, they are just handsome and I can dress them up.

I did do both Ravs and ToS prenerf (ToS by sheer accident though and not on my own merit), and Ravs is my single favorite piece of content in SWTOR, because it's imo just perfect. Though, I find that the TfB  & the Gree Event mini-Raid is hard to beat, because of the setting and the last battle in TfB.

Edited by DomiSotto