Why did i even farm...

JatoJato

6 minutes ago, Brand X said:

You farmed so you could use those same materials to upgrade to the next at a cheaper cost to yourself

Im already max on weapon .. for like 1 month ... now hard working for legendary and accesories ...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dimirij said:

I totally understand some people are new and some dosnt have much time to farm and they get it cheaper to close the gap between others... but those who already farmed weeks for their items should be compensated ....
I feel totally lost now ... wasted all my time and now others get it 50% cheaper 
playing since jan 10 start still dont have legendary cause im in the minority faction on my server , working hard for mats and money , farming dungeons and pray for rng jesus 
but now all the time feel wasted why play when they do this ... 

Yes - maybe our alts would benefit .But i lost my will to play already and i feel cheated because my premium transformation stones are failing one after other ,wasted so much gold and materials and time ...playing constantly more then 8 h and didn't reach the legendary yet -and no i ain't gonna swipe for this ,the game is enough bad as it is and doesn't worth .

18 minutes ago, Dimirij said:

Im already max on weapon .. for like 1 month ... now hard working for legendary and accesories ...

Then you don't worry.  I'm sure someone will buy those other things you don't need, but can totally sell :)

Yeah, so what. There was a time when Silverfrost Potters recipes went for 1000G and Sealed Flowers of Lament for 500-600G. And yes, people were actually buying them back then.

Very few things in this game will hold value, heck one day they'll eventually shut the servers down, assuming you haven't already quit by then.

3 minutes ago, DrowningEarth said:

Yeah, so what. There was a time when Silverfrost Potters recipes went for 1000G and Sealed Flowers of Lament for 500-600G. And yes, people were actually buying them back then.

Very few things in this game will hold value, heck one day they'll eventually shut the servers down, assuming you haven't already quit by then.

u dont understand its not about the money spent its about the time spent ingame ....

why have most of the purple dungeons 100+runs when its not rewarding when they make ur  TIME SPENT  worthless and feel wasted 

8 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Then you don't worry.  I'm sure someone will buy those other things you don't need, but can totally sell :)

not about the mats its the time spent  to farm them ...  

11 minutes ago, Dimirij said:

u dont understand its not about the money spent its about the time spent ingame ....

why have most of the purple dungeons 100+runs when its not rewarding when they make ur  TIME SPENT  worthless and feel wasted 

not about the mats its the time spent  to farm them ...  

And just like every other MMO, this happens.  People ahead of the curve farm the hell out of the game, then a patch comes along and they go "Why did I farm so much back then."  All MMOs end up that way.

I do agree with BranX. While I do understand some people's frustration, I don't understand why this is a surprise to them. Heck, I upgraded my wep to True Scorpio less than 10 days ago, knowing that the price of materials were dropping and will continue to drop. But frankly, I did not care. I needed/wanted that upgrade right there and then so I did it. 

The usual phases when it comes to weapons and gear in MMOs is they are very hard and expensive to get when they are first released but as time goes by, these same items become easier and easier to obtain. That makes it easier for new player or alts to get to end game content faster. If I want to play a game and someone tells me that it will take 2 years to get to where most other players at in weapon and gear progression, I'd say thanks but no thanks and never touch that game.

2 hours ago, GodofWrath said:

@JatoJato Just wanna ask which class are you playing?

I play mainly fm. And to prevent the possible common prejudice - no i did not stand the whole day in ssp to get my stuff. ;-)

2 hours ago, gakdan said:

I used to hate when older people say "things are way they are and you have to accept this as is" with out giving me a good reason but now I see why.

As i said before - its about satisfaction which is a feeling. And you cannot and will never surpress feelings by making statements which are absolute. This matter would need a compromise so everyone feels better.

2 hours ago, Minity SN said:

really.. since F10 moonstones, i lost all my motivation to progress... its like you spend all your hard farmed gold for the upgrade and 2 weeks later everything is 25% cheaper making a donkey out of me spending my gold.

I know this feeling - but i want to make an important remark - this thread is not intended to complain about market prices - these are with or without actions from ncsoft not predicatable for me - so i do not complain about them. I critisyse only the fact that ppl that did not work as hard as myself (the reasons for that do not matter for me) need less materials in general and that I cannot see that I get a compensation for that... I could have used this free material too - for example for one of my twinks.

1 hour ago, hwalien said:

you can ask NCsoft support but sorry to say I don't think you'll get any compensation.

This could very well be - but i do not hope so. I heard in Aion there were some rewards for "senior player". And also if i do not mention that this point might be a problem - mb nobody does and ncsoft will never notice it. And if i get nothing - than a least i can say i tried - others might be also sad or mad - but they cannot say the same thing as myself.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

You farmed so you could use those same materials to upgrade to the next at a cheaper cost to yourself

This is not really right. Yes you are right that if one as myself started with true pirate and had some spare money he was able to buy stingers for 60s at the start of the silverfrost area. But did you look at the numbers. You need a lot of material (for example stingers - and there were exactly 3 dungeons at the start of the area) which did never change - it did only get more expensive - because of the failure chance of premium transformation stones - but the materials more ore less stayed the same. Also your point is wrong because even if you calculate the stingers with only 60s which would be incorrect because the price did rise relatively fast at the moment my AH shows me approximately 6 pages of stingers that are all below 40s. So they are now cheaper than before.

1 hour ago, Windy said:

Well- after 20 failures i feel like leaving the game straight away. They should do something with this for real .I'm sick of this RNG already -specially when the mats aren't that cheap.Plus i work hard for my gold ,just to see it vanishing .

Yeah my friend - i know this feeling. But this is another point. Nontheless you are absolutely right - on this point rng is absolutely misplaced. You farmed the mats (there u had the dungeon rng -> i mean i saw more than one Asura 4 with ~10 stingers) and now you have a really expensive premium stone which does get more expensive if you were not lucky (if u fail you wasted 1-2weeks of hard work) and then you hear the stories about others that they clicked 5 times and got 3 stones and you feel scammed, disappointed and very very sad.

And if there had to be a gamble - the numbers should be adapded so that you do not have to waste such a huge amount of money if you fail.

Also to address all those that come with the argument that "you can also buy the stone and have no gamble"  -> yes you can, but it is a psychological difference if you farm your mats to upgrade or if you farm your mats to sell them to buy something you need to upgrade (which is composed of the mats you sold). Yes mathematically it is the same - if you calculate all your inventory into gold then there is no difference - but if you do not do that then it just feels different - and imho i feel better if i farm the stuff myself and then klick on the upgrade button because i know how hard i worked for that and it just feels good and i do not have to study the market which the intention to get a good price for my stuff.

2 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

This is not really right. Yes you are right that if one as myself started with true pirate and had some spare money he was able to buy stingers for 60s at the start of the silverfrost area. But did you look at the numbers. You need a lot of material (for example stingers - and there were exactly 3 dungeons at the start of the area) which did never change - it did only get more expensive - because of the failure chance of premium transformation stones - but the materials more ore less stayed the same. Also your point is wrong because even if you calculate the stingers with only 60s which would be incorrect because the price did rise relatively fast at the moment my AH shows me approximately 6 pages of stingers that are all below 40s. So they are now cheaper than before.

What I'm saying is, you'll have those items in abundance, when things are cheaper, because you went about farming for what was a greater cost before.  Not like people stop farming as soon as they hit the top.

2 hours ago, Dimirij said:

I totally understand some people are new and some dosnt have much time to farm and they get it cheaper to close the gap between others... but those who already farmed weeks for their items should be compensated ....
I feel totally lost now ... wasted all my time and now others get it 50% cheaper 
playing since jan 10 start still dont have legendary cause im in the minority faction on my server , working hard for mats and money , farming dungeons and pray for rng jesus 
but now all the time feel wasted why play when they do this ... 

Yes - because of that feeling (i feel it too - mb not as hard as you - because we changed factions ^^ - and i know others who feel the same way) i wanted to address this problem to the community and ncsoft and show that there are more ppl that feel that way - and mb ncsoft finds a solution to address this problem.

1 hour ago, DrowningEarth said:

As i pointed out earlier - but mb did not make clear enough. This thread is not intended to complain about prices and the development they took over the course of the game. I state my complaints only on the numbers - which i do not find fair - because i had to get X pcs of a specific Material and others only need Y pcs (after a relatively short time and while the materials are still important for myself) where Y < X.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

And just like every other MMO, this happens.  People ahead of the curve farm the hell out of the game, then a patch comes along and they go "Why did I farm so much back then."  All MMOs end up that way.

This might be right - but imho the timespan of this is way to short. This is all i was saying. And then we come back to "customer satisfaction". With the current situation i am not satisfied (and i think others are also dissatisfied) and i wanted to address this problem because i like the game.

If ncsoft sees that there is the problem - they mb solve it and i as well as all others feel better - while the other players have not disatvantage of it -> So all players feel happy -> Clasic "Win-Win" and we all can enjoy the game.

1 hour ago, VHawk said:

I do agree with BranX. While I do understand some people's frustration, I don't understand why this is a surprise to them. Heck, I upgraded my wep to True Scorpio less than 10 days ago, knowing that the price of materials were dropping and will continue to drop. But frankly, I did not care. I needed/wanted that upgrade right there and then so I did it. 

The usual phases when it comes to weapons and gear in MMOs is they are very hard and expensive to get when they are first released but as time goes by, these same items become easier and easier to obtain. That makes it easier for new player or alts to get to end game content faster. If I want to play a game and someone tells me that it will take 2 years to get to where most other players at in weapon and gear progression, I'd say thanks but no thanks and never touch that game.

Yeah you are right - but there is a difference if the materials get cheaper because of the effect that is called "Supply and Demand" in economics or if the numbers are highly reduced... The one thing is a natural process while the other is a man-made thing that causes bad feeling...

30 minutes ago, Brand X said:

What I'm saying is, you'll have those items in abundance, when things are cheaper, because you went about farming for what was a greater cost before.  Not like people stop farming as soon as they hit the top.

I cannot speak for others - but i can assure you that i farmed most of the time to get my upgrades going (the amount of materials was very high after all - especially if you compare it to the amount you could obtain on a day) - not to get rich. Also the question is - what does it matter if i have spare materials in abundance. This does not change the fact that in a very short time the materials that are needed are highly reduced - and i feel bad becaue i had to meet the high numbers. I would like to have the materials too to upgrade one of my many twinks a play for diversity - because i like the game but 5h of the same class on one day are a bit high. And even if i dont get the mats back - i would be much happier over any type of compensation so that i do not feel that my time and energy was wasted...

You know ... Blade and Soul has this "unique" bid mechanic.

Imagine a B&S, where ALL the mats to upgrade are ACCOUNTBOUND und you could only get them by farming and biding. The only thing in the AH would be all the crafting material.

How does that sound? No camping SSP all day, because you dont need 1000 of moonstones and you could only use them for alts.

There would be almost 0 Pay2Progress mechanic.

I think the game would be much better this way.

The same feeling when I bought a GW2 account, just to have the price dropped by 50% next week.

Then when they launch GW2 Heart of Thorn that is attached with GW2 original, at the same price of the original itself.

In any case, all of your efforts are not in vain. You now have stronger equipment to farm stuffs for weaker characters, who will benefit greatly from the cost reduction.

21 minutes ago, Brand X said:

For you.  Sounds like others are liking it.  So, not 100% customer satisfaction.

One moment pls. I want to make something clear -> i like and support the general idea behind the changes. I do like especially the fact that as i pointed out more players play the game if they can see some progress. Also i like that i can equip my twinks more easily.

I only feel bad because i want to participate from the improvement (less materials) as well or at least get something for my efforts. That is the only reason why i feel bad - i wish the same boni or any other kind of reward/compensation and not be the guy who worked hard earlier and now has just unluck.

And i did not meet any other player in the same or a comparable situation that said that he is perfectly fine with the fact that he payed double the amount and will get nothing for it...

23 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

The same feeling when I bought a GW2 account, just to have the price dropped by 50% next week.

Then when they launch GW2 Heart of Thorn that is attached with GW2 original, at the same price of the original itself.

In any case, all of your efforts are not in vain. You now have stronger equipment to farm stuffs for weaker characters, who will benefit greatly from the cost reduction.

Yes i know the negative sides of a market. But as i said this is not about right and wrong or good or bad or whatever - it is only a thing of customer satisfaction. And for me it is a problem - i think for others too - because of that i addresed this so that either the community says in a clear voice "i do not feel so" or the opposite and ncsoft will be made aware of the problem and mb try to solve it. And for myself - i can say - "I tried." - And that is most likely more than others can say while they might be unhappy themselfes, mb even flaming while speaking with their friends about that but do nothing.

I don't have a lot of game time for many reasons ( family, taking care of elderly, poor health myself.... ).   So I can understand people feeling annoyed a bit about some of the changes.   I personally have farmed ssp a lot.  I have spent most of my non dungeon running time doing ssp.  I even upgraded my weapon last week.  It isn't legendary yet.  But it is the step below.   So yeah it sucks to have spent that much time farming and used a lot of materials that I could have saved. Yet on the other hand,  I have tons of stuff now for alts.  I have extra materials now to upgrade jewelry and accessories. 

I am not going to look at it as time wasted.  Sure I worked hard to get the stuff, especially in SSP.  Man those bots jumping from channel to channel for konta and grindtooth... they don't make it easy to get keys or boxes. It took a lot of time to get keys and boxes. Frustrating at times too.  I refused to buy anything from the market, because I didn't want to give gold to the very bots and gold sellers who clog up the ssp.  So I farmed every piece of materials to upgrade my weapons, jewelry and accessories.   But I spent that time with guild mates.  I listened to music or talked on discord while doing it.  The materials are not going to waste. I can finally gear up some alts and I can even try new classes.     So I am excited about the changes. 

I hate farming with a passion.  So when I decide I really want something, I think whether I want it enough to invest 'X' amount of time or 'X' amount of money/gold.  I assume you did something like this to some degree, and then you must've decided it was worth the effort.  

Yes, it sucks and I've had the same thing happen to me in other games.  But I always remind myself I wanted that item/weapon/outfit bad enough to grind all that time.  I don't expect the game company to compensate me for time I spent grinding towards something I wanted.  

8 hours ago, VHawk said:

+1

Why people want or feel that they need compensation is beyond me, I just dont get it.

Also for the people expect/want compensation: How do expect Ncsoft to compensate you? any ideas here?

I am happy and love the new wep changes/path/discount but " 30% fewer materials and gold."  

and if you go for the new "50%" you gotta farm silverfrost dungs. 

its not like they said hey, let give them a break and 90% off! 

+1 for ncsoft though, making the grind easier <3

1 hour ago, Solidarius said:

+1

Why people want or feel that they need compensation is beyond me, I just dont get it.

Also for the people expect/want compensation: How do expect Ncsoft to compensate you? any ideas here?

I am happy and love the new wep changes/path/discount but " 30% fewer materials and gold."  

and if you go for the new "50%" you gotta farm silverfrost dungs. 

its not like they said hey, let give them a break and 90% off! 

+1 for ncsoft though, making the grind easier <3

Why do the feel the need of compensation -> simple they invested time to get something before others did get it. While others spend their time elsewhere and now they see that the others get a rlly big material-reducion (and i talk especially about material - not about prices) for the same stuff while this materials are still relatively important for them.

And how do i expect compensation. Good question - in general this is a thin ncsoft has to decide - and my thread was mainly intended to point out that there might be a problem. But if you want some ideas:

- I hear in Aion there is a reward system in place that favours senior players - but i never played Aion myself.

- A account-bound stone like the nebula stone for each weapon-upgrade-stage they are over true profane (first weapon that get the new option) that i can send my twinks

- Refund (total or progressive of materials)

- Skills that ppl can sell or use on twinks

- Clothing

As you can see the ideas are various - but it is not my place to decide which one is the best.

Yes as i said in general i support the idea as well. And yes you have to farm - but honestly besides a possible low droprate there is not rlly any pain in the farming of purple silverfrost dungeons because most players i know do them on a daily basis anyway - so farming those won't be a big issue (which is nice).

Yeah they did not say it only costs 10% - but as it is true for the whole discussion - this is a matter of feeling - and for me personally 30-50% are a big reduction...

6 hours ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I don't have a lot of game time for many reasons ( family, taking care of elderly, poor health myself.... ).   So I can understand people feeling annoyed a bit about some of the changes.   I personally have farmed ssp a lot.  I have spent most of my non dungeon running time doing ssp.  I even upgraded my weapon last week.  It isn't legendary yet.  But it is the step below.   So yeah it sucks to have spent that much time farming and used a lot of materials that I could have saved. Yet on the other hand,  I have tons of stuff now for alts.  I have extra materials now to upgrade jewelry and accessories. 

I am not going to look at it as time wasted.  Sure I worked hard to get the stuff, especially in SSP.  Man those bots jumping from channel to channel for konta and grindtooth... they don't make it easy to get keys or boxes. It took a lot of time to get keys and boxes. Frustrating at times too.  I refused to buy anything from the market, because I didn't want to give gold to the very bots and gold sellers who clog up the ssp.  So I farmed every piece of materials to upgrade my weapons, jewelry and accessories.   But I spent that time with guild mates.  I listened to music or talked on discord while doing it.  The materials are not going to waste. I can finally gear up some alts and I can even try new classes.     So I am excited about the changes. 

Time is never wasted in a action you do for fun (and yes i belief a game should be fun). But this is not the point of the discussion. I wanted to address that there is a negative or bad feeling for ppl that did upgrade earlier and now see this reducion (this is a feeling i have myself and many others i spoke with said the same).

Materials are not rlly wasted yes - but you would simply have more if you hadn't upgraded too early...

6 hours ago, Mitsuki S said:

I hate farming with a passion.  So when I decide I really want something, I think whether I want it enough to invest 'X' amount of time or 'X' amount of money/gold.  I assume you did something like this to some degree, and then you must've decided it was worth the effort.  

Yes, it sucks and I've had the same thing happen to me in other games.  But I always remind myself I wanted that item/weapon/outfit bad enough to grind all that time.  I don't expect the game company to compensate me for time I spent grinding towards something I wanted.  

I do neither know nor care about other games - i care about this one. And "expect" is a hard word - lets say i hope ncsoft will see that there are ppl that upgraded earlier and now have negative/bad feelings beacuse of that. And in order to counterackt this feelings for the sake of customer satisfaction they think about a way that all players can participate form the bonus (even if they did the upgrading earlier).

15 hours ago, JatoJato said:

After just 4-5 month in which the silverfrost area and it's weapons are live there comes an announcement that the costs of the weapons is 30-50% reduced... While in general lower costs are a fine thing i ask myself whatfor did i farm all those last month - i mean the stingers are from tops 3g down to 40s in the AH (in a dungeon 15-20s). The moonstones did fall after the price reduction was announced and i asked myself why i was so stupid to spend hour after hour in the game to get good or top gear to now read about a hardcore price reduction...

I feel a little bit scammed... i mean i invested round about 2075 g in stingers alone (830 x 2,5g/average) in todays cost after the stinger flood it would be only 332g (830*0,4) and even this price is now reduced... I mean ok - cheaper weapons come with more motivated players - so maybe fewer people leave the game - also the ridiculous wishes of the community to get total over-powered ap for some low dungeons (like 550+ for BSH or 650+ for Yeti, ...) will be satisfied...

But wouldn't it be possible to get the players that played the game more than others some kind of compensation like "you have legendary - you get some materials/skills/... for your twink if you wish so" or even another thing to not feel so bad after calculating the fact that you would have way more money if you had sold your stuff instead of upgrading and using the new weapon path...

This is typical bs comment tho.... Things fall in price no matter if its a game or real life, its called quality of life improvements. A weird example would be laser hair removal, that shit was shit tons of money 2 years ago but now its achievable with just 1 month of work (asuming ur geting paid at least £1000). There is no *cricket* point crying about what you already done lol

I honestly detest these retarded posts more than anything in all of BNS forums. Why dont you quit the game for 5 months and come to an even cheaper and more player friendly environment instead of crying over spilt milk.

Archived