Why did i even farm...

JatoJato

11 hours ago, Nixonld said:

Stop pushing YT and websites to learn dungeons. It's a game, and most of the fun in it is learning the mechanics on your own or with a group, not watching stupid videos online.

What do you think people did in games like, AC, UO, EQ, WoW, etc. before this whole YT/streaming revolution? They learned it on their own, and eventually it all worked out.

If you aren't willing to help others in the game, you are fools, as it is the others that will make this game last.  99% of the time, I use LFP to go to dungeons, not because I can't do them, or lack the AP/Crit, but because I know the ones that do are afraid people will leave as soon as they see a 425AP in Yeti,etc. which honestly is all it takes.

I'm on Soha, anyone needs any help feel free to PM me, Gändalf or Cätman. I'm not always around, but when I am, I or someone in my clan is always willing to help others, which this community is severely lacking. (The A is <alt> 0228 on your keypad)

Yes you are right - but honestly then you should search for a group with only "newbys" because it is not much of a learning experience if half of the guys knows the mechanic and the others do not. Also while you are right that individual explaining and questioning is better to learn in absence of a voice chat the fact that some tactics take long texts to explain them it is easier to at least know some basics from a vid or some website - for individual tips and tricks the chat system is more than enough.

Also yes you are right - you should help others. But i think all but a few players do that - at least up to a certain point - i mean if you are doing the explaining once in a while you will be happily doing it - but if you have to do the explaining every day and dungeon you do you will get annoyed. Thats just how it is.

Sure 425 is enough - but as i said earlier ppl do not have a reliable way to verify if someone can play - especially if a specific player knows the mechanics in a dungeon. So they choose the only thing they can read and might get have some correlation to experience which is ap - and this might be the worst thing to do - but name me a method how you can determine experience on another level. And yes - they could try to teach ppl but more often they want a "clean" run because their time is often limited.

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
18 hours ago, Nixonld said:

Stop pushing YT and websites to learn dungeons. It's a game, and most of the fun in it is learning the mechanics on your own or with a group, not watching stupid videos online.

What do you think people did in games like, AC, UO, EQ, WoW, etc. before this whole YT/streaming revolution? They learned it on their own, and eventually it all worked out.

If you aren't willing to help others in the game, you are fools, as it is the others that will make this game last.  99% of the time, I use LFP to go to dungeons, not because I can't do them, or lack the AP/Crit, but because I know the ones that do are afraid people will leave as soon as they see a 425AP in Yeti,etc. which honestly is all it takes.

I'm on Soha, anyone needs any help feel free to PM me, Gändalf or Cätman. I'm not always around, but when I am, I or someone in my clan is always willing to help others, which this community is severely lacking. (The A is <alt> 0228 on your keypad)

agree on helping people. teaching people the mechanics, carry if must. its all okay with me. But joining a random group with no knowledge of what your getting yourself into and expect everyone else to have fun because it's your learning time, is wrong. There are 3, 5, sometimes 23+(I know it don't happen much but like Kairam rest) other people that may fail due to you doing something that you shouldn't do. Unless your entire group is there to learn, you should at least know the basics.

*eats her popcorn* I love this discussion, very entertaining! 

One thing to note: I just raid with my own clan rather than F8! Why? It's more fun and you get to know ppl better! Also better communication using VoIP etc. We share the loot after runs, sharing is caring! Interested? Join Fairy Heart on Windrest EU. The more the merrier.I personally don't need compensation of the new reduction for the weapon path. I got 2 scorp, two breeze weapons and some are stuck on true pirate, finally can get them some good gear! Thanks Ncsoft, appreciate this highly. 

2 hours ago, Erza Scarlet said:

*eats her popcorn* I love this discussion, very entertaining! 

One thing to note: I just raid with my own clan rather than F8! Why? It's more fun and you get to know ppl better! Also better communication using VoIP etc. We share the loot after runs, sharing is caring! Interested? Join Fairy Heart on Windrest EU. The more the merrier.I personally don't need compensation of the new reduction for the weapon path. I got 2 scorp, two breeze weapons and some are stuck on true pirate, finally can get them some good gear! Thanks Ncsoft, appreciate this highly. 

This discussion was completely pointless, because the OP's original post was not what he's actually meant to say. The rest are tangents, and I really do not see the point of pulling on various threads there, that I could reply, but don't want to, because, again, what he said in the first post was not what he was actually thinking.

As for clans, well, whenever I see the one advertising that I like, it's never on my server group, or even in my region. It's sort of funny in a way. TBH, I am bored with the games atm, and want to take a break and save my energy for trying to start Revelation right based on what BnS taught me. This time I want to start on day one, train myself to always play at the same time of day matching PST prime-time, with one character only, and find a leveling group from the get-go.

2 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

This discussion was completely pointless, because the OP's original post was not what he's actually meant to say. The rest are tangents, and I really do not see the point of pulling on various threads there, that I could reply, but don't want to, because, again, what he said in the first post was not what he was actually thinking.

As for clans, well, whenever I see the one advertising that I like, it's never on my server group, or even in my region. It's sort of funny in a way. TBH, I am bored with the games atm, and want to take a break and save my energy for trying to start Revelation right based on what BnS taught me. This time I want to start on day one, train myself to always play at the same time of day matching PST prime-time, with one character only, and find a leveling group from the get-go.

Well i said exactly what i think to one very specific topic. My opinion of BnS in its entity is another thing though. But because i can not change it as whole so i try to do it partly.

Well gl with that.

• 5 weeks later...
On 8/15/2016 at 10:59 PM, JatoJato said:

Please read the context as well - yes i said that i would have like some kind of reward/compensation - this can be a skill. But in general i am not opposed to the idea that every skill of every player is on all their chars once unlocked.

Materials are getting cheaper -> Premium stones are getting cheaper as well. Also i think with dropping prices you do make more gold in dungeons due to the daily.

yeah you right, premium stone get cheaper.. reach 350g now :3

Archived