Why did i even farm...

JatoJato

I am in the boat that upgraded early.  I am also in the boat that spent hours upon hours in ssp.  Yes I definitely would have saved myself  a LOT of materials, but that is the way the a lot of mmos work.    Just like I willingly spent a lot of time farming ssp, while knowning that in the near future there will be areas released that drop moonstones much easier.  I spent weeks getting moonwater tears and tons of soulstones to make moonwater transformation stones for my alts.  Now they made it easier and cheaper to make them.  Moonwater tears now drop in many dungeons, like candy. 

In MMO games, there are always tweaks.  Weapons change, paths change, class rebalances, dungon tweaks, dungeon removals, drop tweaks, events, new areas, and reductions.  You just have to expect things to change and try not to let it get to ya.

So yeah I totally get feeling annoyed and frustrated. Again, I am in the same boat.  I upgraded my accessories and jewelry before the nebula stones.  I just a few days ago upgraded my weapon.  But that is the way of online role playing games.  I have been playing them for over a decade.  I guess that is why things like this don't bother me as much.

Anyway, happy gaming  :D

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, OnnaNiNaritai said:

This is typical bs comment tho.... Things fall in price no matter if its a game or real life, its called quality of life improvements. A weird example would be laser hair removal, that shit was shit tons of money 2 years ago but now its achievable with just 1 month of work (asuming ur geting paid at least £1000). There is no *cricket* point crying about what you already done lol

I honestly detest these retarded posts more than anything in all of BNS forums. Why dont you quit the game for 5 months and come to an even cheaper and more player friendly environment instead of crying over spilt milk.

Hi Mate, did u even read the discussion in here - i think not - so the comment is yours. As i pointed out earlier i can not predict marcet prices and because of that i do not care about them. This was never the intended point for this thread - so spare us all your trolling and bring usefull comments or say nothing at all.

1 hour ago, SnugglesFairie said:

I am in the boat that upgraded early.  I am also in the boat that spent hours upon hours in ssp.  Yes I definitely would have saved myself  a LOT of materials, but that is the way the a lot of mmos work.    Just like I willingly spent a lot of time farming ssp, while knowning that in the near future there will be areas released that drop moonstones much easier.  I spent weeks getting moonwater tears and tons of soulstones to make moonwater transformation stones for my alts.  Now they made it easier and cheaper to make them.  Moonwater tears now drop in many dungeons, like candy. 

In MMO games, there are always tweaks.  Weapons change, paths change, class rebalances, dungon tweaks, dungeon removals, drop tweaks, events, new areas, and reductions.  You just have to expect things to change and try not to let it get to ya.

So yeah I totally get feeling annoyed and frustrated. Again, I am in the same boat.  I upgraded my accessories and jewelry before the nebula stones.  I just a few days ago upgraded my weapon.  But that is the way of online role playing games.  I have been playing them for over a decade.  I guess that is why things like this don't bother me as much.

Anyway, happy gaming  :D

Happy gaming to you too. Jo and because of that feelings i started this thread. So mb there is a solution (or there is none - but then i can say "i tried" which is good for my personal feeling) and everyone is happy (or at least more ppl than now).

1 hour ago, JatoJato said:

Hi Mate, did u even read the discussion in here - i think not - so the typicall bs comment is yours. As i pointed out earlier i can not predict marcet prices and because of that i do not care about them. This was never the intended point for this thread - so spare us all your trolling and bring usefull comments or say nothing at all.

Happy gaming to you too. Jo and because of that feelings i started this thread. So mb there is a solution (or there is none - but then i can say "i tried" which is good for my personal feeling) and everyone is happy (or at least more ppl than now).

Not at all :)

Just read the first post in here, got triggered and made a little rant post :)

Happy Gaming to you three

Lol.  It was inevitable.  Whining that you aren't the beneficiary of a much needed change in a game is not new OP.  In fact, it happens outside of games in the real world too.  Early adopters always get the shaft if you think like you do.  But that doesn't stop early adopters.  They want it naaahoooow!

Doesn't matter though.  This change will benefit a majority of players and their alts as well.  Kudos to devs for this move.

I

hm, so spent like 9-10 hours each day to get where i am atm with my gear , and read this about reduction with 50% for the materials.. yeah sure its good for catch up.. But this was the killing blow for my intresset in this game.

p2w events every week / troves and now this ..

ty for my time :) and good luck all of you others.

I really do not understand something in all of this.

Why didn't NCSoft W didn't introduced the maximum weapon/acc path for this content. It makes absolutely no sense. 

Grinding your life over it's a mmo mechanic which has died ages ago. NONE of the Korean MMOs that i have played have this insane grind anymore, all of them updated and accommodated. why?

the answer is very simple:

1. NOBODY wants to waste their life over one item
  2. competition. There are so many awesome games out there it's really hard to keep your clients/players. They will always find games which are a lot less punishable and better maintained.

it makes absolutely no sense to do this unless you really do want to drive your player base away... which well has been happening a lot lately..

• Just make old content accessible. Give all the damn breakthrough weapons/acc in survey (specially when you took out green dungeons), Help new players and old players alike with making alts. What you get? a LOT of potential customers which will actually stick around for a change.
  • Increase the damn experience on main quest. Stop making me to do all the stupid ass side quests. I have done it once. The voices are missing the game immersion is non existent just make main story the focus.  The main story should make you HM 4 and give you enough gold/mats to achieve 420 AP. What you get? a lot more playerbase, an constant influx of players which translates into a lot more money.

Would I recommend my noob friend to start this game? With the current xp/ gear path and green dungeon out of the cross server... ABSOLUTELY NOT!

While it will be easier to upgrade, it is still far from free. Being ahead of the curve in gear let you get into more lucrative content earler, and sell surplus mats at a higher prices. Chances are you are not one of us who are behind the F8 room requirements, and you will continue to stay ahead of them as they will jump up to react to the better gearing options. In short, the gap will be preserved, even if you feel you have wasted your time and gold.

would you have preferred to spend the last month trying to find a less crowded channel in SSP to never get credit regardless? Would you have rather enjoyed LFP with the bots, because you are way below the rooms AP cut-off? Seriously? That gold, would you have preferred to save it just in case and stick to 400 AP?

It's a video-game, so what is it that you've missed out on exactly but poorer gaming experience?

6 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

While it will be easier to upgrade, it is still far from free. Being ahead of the curve in gear let you get into more lucrative content earler, and sell surplus mats at a higher prices. Chances are you are not one of us who are behind the F8 room requirements, and you will continue to stay ahead of them as they will jump up to react to the better gearing options. In short, the gap will be preserved, even if you feel you have wasted your time and gold.

would you have preferred to spend the last month trying to find a less crowded channel in SSP to never get credit regardless? Would you have rather enjoyed LFP with the bots, because you are way below the rooms AP cut-off? Seriously? That gold, would you have preferred to save it just in case and stick to 400 AP?

It's a video-game, so what is it that you've missed out on exactly but poorer gaming experience?

Problem is not the gear for me, problem is that those people who gets the gear much cheaper dont even put time into watch a dungeon and some of them are truly clueless what they are supposed to in that dungeon. and i had enough of those people in F8.

25 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Problem is not the gear for me, problem is that those people who gets the gear much cheaper dont even put time into watch a dungeon and some of them are truly clueless what they are supposed to in that dungeon. and i had enough of those people in F8.

That's because the dungeons are designed for VoIP teams and slow runs, trying to figure things out, but instead you are forced to do the en masse. There are also no other activities for those like me who have a hard time with cc sequences in the purple dungeons. Blues are too few and pay too little. Finally, the game puts the daily challenge, and it's all hard dungeons, no easier options. 

Video is actually not the best way to learn, because in videos things go right, and in a real run everything goes wrong.  When people are honest, they talk about how long it actually took them to get things right, and well, most folks just did not. Watching a video is not going to make a player that much better in doing a dungeon. At best it gives heads up on what to expect.

The latest update might actually help with it allowing the alternative path that I think lets one do easier content for longer rather than harder content faster.

12 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

That's because the dungeons are designed for VoIP teams and slow runs, trying to figure things out, but instead you are forced to do the en masse. There are also no other activities for those like me who have a hard time with cc sequences in the purple dungeons. Blues are too few and pay too little. Finally, the game puts the daily challenge, and it's all hard dungeons, no easier options. 

Video is actually not the best way to learn, because in videos things go right, and in a real run everything goes wrong.  When people are honest, they talk about how long it actually took them to get things right, and well, most folks just did not.

The latest update might actually help with it allowing the alternative path that I think lets one do easier content for longer rather than harder content faster.

you dont need a VoIP to do any of these dungeons that are out there in this game atm, you will maybe need it on ebondrake and tomb maybe, im not only talking about 4 man, im talking about 6man too in this game at this " community " - people are to lazy to even get prepared for some easy dungeons, or read up the tactics, or even listen to people who have done the dungeons more times then them.. but no they just go full yolo and waste others time in the party.

I tried to explain for alot of people in F8/pug dungeons - i get answer back as " shut up you have no clue " or .. " i will be afk cause you are a toxic person " when you trying to explain for people the mechancis / tactics.. and now we will get people who has less exp of the dungeons ( done the dungeon for 100+ times ) at my gear level again? i mean it was bullscrap when they put the trove and other p2w events.

its heartbreaking to see a good game turn into dust cause of crybabies on forum.

and this is an other slap in the face for those who farmed like crazy in SSP / all the dungeons out there for their gear.. what will we get from this ?? nothing? people talking about helping causal players to stay in the game, but they dont wanna help " veterans " in the game too?

19 hours ago, JatoJato said:

After just 4-5 month in which the silverfrost area and it's weapons are live there comes an announcement that the costs of the weapons is 30-50% reduced... While in general lower costs are a fine thing i ask myself whatfor did i farm all those last month - i mean the stingers are from tops 3g down to 40s in the AH (in a dungeon 15-20s). The moonstones did fall after the price reduction was announced and i asked myself why i was so stupid to spend hour after hour in the game to get good or top gear to now read about a hardcore price reduction...

I feel a little bit scammed... i mean i invested round about 2075 g in stingers alone (830 x 2,5g/average) in todays cost after the stinger flood it would be only 332g (830*0,4) and even this price is now reduced... I mean ok - cheaper weapons come with more motivated players - so maybe fewer people leave the game - also the ridiculous wishes of the community to get total over-powered ap for some low dungeons (like 550+ for BSH or 650+ for Yeti, ...) will be satisfied...

But wouldn't it be possible to get the players that played the game more than others some kind of compensation like "you have legendary - you get some materials/skills/... for your twink if you wish so" or even another thing to not feel so bad after calculating the fact that you would have way more money if you had sold your stuff instead of upgrading and using the new weapon path...

You can't really blame NCSoft for this. If you want to be ahead of the average its gonna cost you. its a simple as that.

If you wanna chill back and ride the casual wave, you can and you have to spend less. The question you should ask yourself is if you wanna be lagging behind in AP or wanna stay ahead. One way or the other, staying ahead means you  pay premium prices.

16 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

you dont need a VoIP to do any of these dungeons that are out there in this game atm, you will maybe need it on ebondrake and tomb maybe, im not only talking about 4 man, im talking about 6man too in this game at this " community " - people are to lazy to even get prepared for some easy dungeons, or read up the tactics, or even listen to people who have done the dungeons more times then them.. but no they just go full yolo and waste others time in the party.

I tried to explain for alot of people in F8/pug dungeons - i get answer back as " shut up you have no clue " or .. " i will be afk cause you are a toxic person " when you trying to explain for people the mechancis / tactics.. and now we will get people who has not farmed ( done the dungeon for 100+ times ) at my gear level again? i mean it was bullscrap when they put the trove and other p2w events.

its heartbreaking to see a good game turn into dust cause of crybabies on forum.

I cannot judge what the others need, but I need voip and a raid lead calling the cc on 6m starting from yeti, and role assignments,  because I will neve guess who should use which cc when otherwise and when it should be me, when it is someone else. I was in nexus yesterday and was told to block the giant drill, so I stand there with a block up, and there is no giant drill... Apparently it's just text in the log, and other people should also stand behind me, etc. So I have no way of knowing if what I am doing is right, or if I am simply losing the dps for nothing. And that's something that is very easy, but still opened up to tons of misunderstanding and confusion.

then there is lingo. The summoner tilted me. Sorry, I can see I've done something you did not like, but what? Tilted? What did I do?

maybe some of these dungeons can be covered by just one person who knows the mechanics, but my impression is they require communication and cooperation to get them done correctly and to even start learning them. Otherwise, you get carried sometimes, buT most of the times you just wipe. And I really hate that kind of a gamble.

1 hour ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

I tried to explain for alot of people in F8/pug dungeons - i get answer back as " shut up you have no clue " or .. " i will be afk cause you are a toxic person " when you trying to explain for people the mechancis / tactics.. and now we will get people who has less exp of the dungeons ( done the dungeon for 100+ times ) at my gear level again? i mean it was bullscrap when they put the trove and other p2w events.

and this is an other slap in the face for those who farmed like crazy in SSP / all the dungeons out there for their gear.. what will we get from this ?? nothing? people talking about helping causal players to stay in the game, but they dont wanna help " veterans " in the game too?

Could be the tone in your texting.  Don't know how many times I've seen someone think "You moron, this is how you do this dungeon..." was them teaching people how to do a dungeon.  :p

If you consider this a slap in the face, MMOs are not for you.  As everyone has said already, this is typical of MMOs.  Things like this and low level areas being empty, are typical of MMOs (though I do think there are a couple out there who managed at some point not to have the low level areas empty).

1 minute ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

typcial MMO game.. with a trove for example? okey.

With a trove?  I'm just saying they make it easier to obtain what was once hard to get.  How they do it, is up to the game devs.

Millions of players in WoW and they had the same thing happen.  Worked forever and a day on obtaining something and look at it now, it became easier.  Then the next patch came out and things repeated.  Maybe you'd be happier staying behind in the curve?  Not work so hard and not have best gear right away?

6 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Could be the tone in your texting.  Don't know how many times I've seen someone think "You moron, this is how you do this dungeon..." was them teaching people how to do a dungeon.  :p

If you consider this a slap in the face, MMOs are not for you.  As everyone has said already, this is typical of MMOs.  Things like this and low level areas being empty, are typical of MMOs (though I do think there are a couple out there who managed at some point not to have the low level areas empty).

typcial MMO game.. with a trove for example? or rng box in cash shop each week? okey. i have been playing wow since it came, and we never a had trove in that game.

tone in my text? did i say anything about being a moron .. i mean i have been trying to help people thro the dungeons alot... and you get that for trying to help them..?

but .. you want me to play on their computer to? hold them in their hands when they farming mats in the game? like ncsoft are doing atm, lazy folks get what they need and want.. soon in a store near you - legendary stage 6

13 minutes ago, Brand X said:

With a trove?  I'm just saying they make it easier to obtain what was once hard to get.  How they do it, is up to the game devs.

Millions of players in WoW and they had the same thing happen.  Worked forever and a day on obtaining something and look at it now, it became easier.  Then the next patch came out and things repeated.  Maybe you'd be happier staying behind in the curve?  Not work so hard and not have best gear right away?

Yeah they made a place were you farmed your gear , aka tanan jungle . not reducing the cost of it. but hey its their game they do what they want right as you said.

they should put legendary and pts in cash shop, or redcuce cost / failure on that too.. make it 100% success then we are all happy in this game, but they only give causal players stuff not those who have farmed beyond that gear..

so what im paying for is to make the game better for others then me? is that what you want me to support?

you dont see the point in what im trying to say here then sir, i dont know what to tell you.

17 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

but .. you want me to play on their computer to? hold them in their hands when they farming mats in the game? like ncsoft are doing atm, lazy folks get what they need and want.. soon in a store near you - legendary stage 6

From your other post, you chose to treat light entertainment as a full time job with overtime. It did pay off. the game does not take neither your gear nor experience away. It is not one of the MMO that pulls gear set down every few months, so you have to start from scratch on the next BiS.

you will keep ahead of those who play 1-3 hrs a day and are not quite as good as you are, no matter the reductions in costs. 

You our can also use it to your advantage when playing the Alts. 

As as for the folks rejecting your advice, well, there is no helping it. Lots of us would be greatful to be taught and to be given time to learn. 

Just now, Brand X said:

They could put it in the cash shop and at that point, it'd totally be p2w :p

What I'm saying is, you'll always be "paying" to make the game better for others, if your idea of gaming is you spending hours upon hours to get the best stuff and then hating when they add new content that has the others catch up.

Though really, this won't catch many of the lower players up /that/ much.  

yeah but then make it 100% success rate then, im just telling my opinion about this, and i still feel they like the causal players more then " us " others.. but yeah , this was the final blow for me at least on this game :P i will go back to wow , but i hope you will enjoy ur playtime in bns, for me its just bye :)

have a nice day

4 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Yeah they made a place were you farmed your gear. not reducing the cost of it. but hey its their game they do what they want right as you said.

they should put legendary and pts in cash shop, or redcuce cost / failure on that too.. make it 100% success then we are all happy in this game, but they only give causal players stuff not those who have farmed beyond that gear..

so what im paying for is to make the game better for others then me? is that what you want me to support?

you dont see the point in what im trying to say here then sir, i dont know what to tell you.

They could put it in the cash shop and at that point, it'd totally be p2w :p

What I'm saying is, you'll always be "paying" to make the game better for others, if your idea of gaming is you spending hours upon hours to get the best stuff and then hating when they add new content that has the others catch up.

Though really, this won't catch many of the lower players up /that/ much.  

9 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

DoFrom your other post, you chose to treat light entertainment as a full time job with overtime. It did pay off. the game does not take neither your gear nor experience away. It is not one of the MMO that pulls gear set down every few months, so you have to start from scratch on the next BiS.

you will keep ahead of those who play 1-3 hrs a day and are not quite as good as you are, no matter the reductions in costs. 

You our can also use it to your advantage when playing the Alts. 

As as for the folks rejecting your advice, well, there is no helping it. Lots of us would be greatful to be taught and to be given time to learn. 

Doesnt really matter for me, when you get more and more unexperinced players in your pug groups that dont wanna listen or ask what they dont understand about the bosses, why do they even pug or jump into a dungeon when they have no clue about it.. i mean sure i did 4man with my former group that left due this update.. but F8 in EU is beyond saving.

Cause of these AP Requierments people think they can just jump in when they seem to fit the profile of the dungeon.. thats why i started to look for people with 30+ clear on masts for example and they need to link it before we even enter the dungeon.. all in the party cause im tired of HIGH ap people and lower ap people... call me elitst if you want i dont care, and frankly im far beyond elitst, i have been trying to help people in the dungeon, but when you get these kind of response from both lower and high ap people.. nah i cant deal with that anymore

and now when my group and my close to my guild disbanded cause of this it's just heartbreaking , people i started to know thro this game just gone.. they dont wanna come back this game.. and thats one of the reasons too that im leaving and going back to wow.

now this is my last answer at least.. so enjoy ur playtime in BnS.

Have a nice day.

14 minutes ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

Doesnt really matter for me, when you get more and more unexperinced players in your pug groups that dont wanna listen or ask what they dont understand about the bosses, why do they even pug or jump into a dungeon when they have no clue about it.. i mean sure i did 4man with my former group that left due this update.. but F8 in EU is beyond saving.

Cause of these AP Requierments people think they can just jump in when they seem to fit the profile of the dungeon.. thats why i started to look for people with 30+ clear on masts for example and they need to link it before we even enter the dungeon.. all in the party cause im tired of HIGH ap people and lower ap people... call me elitst if you want i dont care, and frankly im far beyond elitst, i have been trying to help people in the dungeon, but when you get these kind of response from both lower and high ap people.. nah i cant deal with that anymore

and now when my group and my close to my guild disbanded cause of this it's just heartbreaking , people i started to know thro this game just gone.. they dont wanna come back this game.. and thats one of the reasons too that im leaving and going back to wow.

now this is my last answer at least.. so enjoy ur playtime in BnS.

Have a nice day.

I hope you will have a wonderful time in wow. I wish you well. 

I understand that the pugs are intended for fast mass runs, and I have seen it in SWTOR as well. But SWTOR had at least some casual guilds willing to teach, while BnS has pugs, and that's a recipe for disaster where the learning is concerned. So for a lot of us there is simply no recourse but to join a pug,and hope to figure stuff out eventually.

3 hours ago, Shirolicious said:

You can't really blame NCSoft for this. If you want to be ahead of the average its gonna cost you. its a simple as that.

If you wanna chill back and ride the casual wave, you can and you have to spend less. The question you should ask yourself is if you wanna be lagging behind in AP or wanna stay ahead. One way or the other, staying ahead means you  pay premium prices.

Ok - i have a question - is it because ppl do not read the diskussion or aren't they not able to understand because im not a native english speaker?

The problem is NOT the  MARCET PRICE REDUCTION - this is a normal behaviour in a market. I just wanted to show that upgrading is cheaper anyway. The problem for me is the fact that ppl do not even have to get the same NUMBER OF MATERIAL (im not talking about gold-value) and that i as senior player (yes i see myself at that) would like to have at least some kind of reward for my personal efforts. 

9 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

Ok - i have a question - is it because ppl do not read the diskussion or aren't they not able to understand because im not a native english speaker?

The problem is NOT the  MARCET PRICE REDUCTION - this is a normal behaviour in a market. I just wanted to show that upgrading is cheaper anyway. The problem for me is the fact that ppl do not even have to get the same NUMBER OF MATERIAL (im not talking about gold-value) and that i as senior player (yes i see myself at that) would like to have at least some kind of reward for my personal efforts. 

No, we understand you perfectly.

the answer is that you already got your reward - by getting the gear set and all the advantages of being one of the very few for weeks and months.

if this is not worth it to you, by all means, wait till your set is below average before updating again. 

You can then enjoy being a part of the Non-geared majority.

Archived