Why did i even farm...

JatoJato

After just 4-5 month in which the silverfrost area and it's weapons are live there comes an announcement that the costs of the weapons is 30-50% reduced... While in general lower costs are a fine thing i ask myself whatfor did i farm all those last month - i mean the stingers are from tops 3g down to 40s in the AH (in a dungeon 15-20s). The moonstones did fall after the price reduction was announced and i asked myself why i was so stupid to spend hour after hour in the game to get good or top gear to now read about a hardcore price reduction...

I feel a little bit scammed... i mean i invested round about 2075 g in stingers alone (830 x 2,5g/average) in todays cost after the stinger flood it would be only 332g (830*0,4) and even this price is now reduced... I mean ok - cheaper weapons come with more motivated players - so maybe fewer people leave the game - also the ridiculous wishes of the community to get total over-powered ap for some low dungeons (like 550+ for BSH or 650+ for Yeti, ...) will be satisfied...

But wouldn't it be possible to get the players that played the game more than others some kind of compensation like "you have legendary - you get some materials/skills/... for your twink if you wish so" or even another thing to not feel so bad after calculating the fact that you would have way more money if you had sold your stuff instead of upgrading and using the new weapon path...

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's like buying a car.  You bought it and then two weeks later you see the same car at the same place being sold a lot cheaper.

Also, it's a game.  You got that (and likely still do even with the price reduction) item before everyone else and started using it sooner.

@Mucski

This might be - but honestly i don't think so because it is not a shortime event but a longterm change of the system... Also stingers are not really rare anymore - i myself possess about 2k of them.

But anyhow - this is not the point. Marcet prices are a thing that cannot be predicted for sure - what is a problem is that all players that invested materials now see that others do not even have to gather the same amount of materials as they have... And that's the worst part - they get nothing as compensation for their efforts... At least it does not seem so at the moment.

@Brand X

It might be like buying a car - but if you do that and see that the price is a lot cheaper after just 2 weeks - wouldn't you go to your seller and ask him if he can do anything (most likely he will not pay the amount himself but the producer will) and he would at least try to do sth for you because of customer satisfaction... ?

I like the game - even with it's many flaws - but actions like this (and it is a bit different than the buying example because seller and producer are one and the same) do not increse the good feelings i have - those actions rather do the opposite...

So you went to Apple store and bought yourself an iPhone for $200.

2 days later they make an announcement "40% discount for iPhones".

So you think you can go there and say "hey, I paid full price, give me part of the money back"?

You want a compensation for your costs? That's not how the world outside of your bubble works.

If i go to a random apple shop buy my phone and two days later see this announcement - yeah i won't get a damn thing.

If i go to the shop of my thrust were i buy stuff every week/month/year since the day x (or maybe even my father and his father... bought from that specific store) and i see this announcement 2 days later - yeah i really think the owner of this particular shop would try to compensate me for customer satisfaction - especially if it does not cost him anything.

Good change overall.

I'm actually more interested to hear where they're adding the "more moonstone drops" that are promised at the end of the letter.

Regardless, I won't be upgrading anything until after this patch. Will be holding on to my mats for now.

6 minutes ago, JatoJato said:

If i go to a random apple shop buy my phone and two days later see this announcement - yeah i won't get a damn thing.

If i go to the shop of my thrust were i buy stuff every week/month/year since the day x (or maybe even my father and his father... bought from that specific store) and i see this announcement 2 days later - yeah i really think the owner of this particular shop would try to compensate me for customer satisfaction - especially if it does not cost him anything.

Actually, most retail outlets (Best buy, Staples etc) will offer some form of price protection to their customers for permanent price drops for about 30 days.  Short term Ads though you're hosed on.

It would be nice if they offered some form of compensation to those who upgraded in the last few weeks, but if you've had your shit for months, c'est la vie..

Talking about upgrade, could any of you guys teach me the fastest way to lvl up my crafting skills to be able to craft better transformation stones? when i started playing this game i did it as a team with a friend, but he got bored of the bugs in the game not being fixed and he refuse to keep playing, and he was my crafter, i was getting him the resources and nothing else, now i want to keep playing but he wont play...now i am at lvl 50 with no crafter...

@Eileithia

Because the Silverfrost Area is only here since 4-5 month - u cannot have the "shit for month".

@BattleKat

Even if it does not belong here -> Craft Soulshields for 1 and 2 - in 3 Craft either Shoulshields or Moonwater Transformation Stones and you will be able to Craft the Silverfrost Transformation Stones.

@gakdan

The point to diskuss is not whether the sale is final or not - because that is clear (it just is). The point is customer satisfaction which is a different and yet very important point.

Ok let's reformulate this - i do not know any player that has not either extreme luck or used some events that was able to get all upgrades done in a month. And even if - it does not change the fact that it is a crappy feeling for him. For example cost reduction for Moonwater items came after silverfrost was released and the area did not matter for all ppl that were ahead with their stuff - so noone was offended. But this is another story - materials from silverfrost are needed even vor legendary and soul-upgrades due to the funny premium transformation stones...

I totally understand some people are new and some dosnt have much time to farm and they get it cheaper to close the gap between others... but those who already farmed weeks for their items should be compensated ....
I feel totally lost now ... wasted all my time and now others get it 50% cheaper 
playing since jan 10 start still dont have legendary cause im in the minority faction on my server , working hard for mats and money , farming dungeons and pray for rng jesus 
but now all the time feel wasted why play when they do this ... 

56 minutes ago, InstantDeath said:

I wouldn't be surprised if they removed failure chance of Silverfrost Premium stones in 3 months.

Well- after 20 failures i feel like leaving the game straight away. They should do something with this for real .I'm sick of this RNG already -specially when the mats aren't that cheap.Plus i work hard for my gold ,just to see it vanishing .

Archived