Updates indentified as virus after maintenance

Pauls

After today maintenance , i went to update my game via launcher but as the launcher started updating , my Avast blocked the file from the server and marked it as a virus . It said it get infected by URL:Mal virus . Can anyone confirm this is just a false alert from my Avast Anti virus ?

A lot of antiviruses do heuristic scans, this means if they see a file change they flag it as a false-positive,

Game update files very, veryyyyy rarely have a virus in them, if not at all, so that is a false alert.

But also keep in mind if you already had a virus on your PC which infected the file after the download / patch that isnt NCsofts fault, but there isnt any virus :)

1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

A lot of antiviruses do heuristic scans, this means if they see a file change they flag it as a false-positive,

Game update files very, veryyyyy rarely have a virus in them, if not at all, so that is a false alert.

But also keep in mind if you already had a virus on your PC which infected the file after the download / patch that isnt NCsofts fault, but there isnt any virus :)

I turned off my Avast in order to do the update , and after it finished i ran everything to scan my PC . Yeah it's a false alert , nothing in my PC , not a single malware nor spyware , viruses .

Archived