Dungeon leavers

Lunakitty

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm wondering, too, the reason of such behaviour. I can understand in low level dungeons because you want to rush it in solo; in high level below some possible explanations (some ironic):

1. they found out to be in the wrong dungeon;

2. in the party there is some member in your black list (my case);

3. they forgot to switch off the light and they need to return to real world;

4. noone member has a legendary weapon;

5. they saw a beautiful char in the other party and want to run with her.

I call these people "Faithless"

2 Days ago Me and my friend host a 6-man Mast run.  As a rule when we start a party we will first enter the dg (as i have slow loading) and recruit mid way.  We have some people..  and wait for party to get filled. We have HM2 and HM4 ppl, probably first timer.. we are lining the mechs while waiting... Ppl joined but only remain for few short mins before poof.  We even repeatedly got a sum which join then leave..join again.. leave again and so on.

Same thing happen in Gloomdross run. We need to wait a while before party finally got filled and we can start as people keep leaving.

;w; so sad ;w;

I think those who leave see a HM2 and instantly leave. Then they don't realize that the LFP only works for low parties and keep getting same party over and over. Kinda funny to see how same person keeps coming and going away. Sadly more often there are 2-3 under 400 AP players in the party so those situations are understandable but when there is one 400-410 and rest are 450+ I don't get why everyone leaves. Do people need 600+ people to carry them through easy dungeons also?

4 minutes ago, JoannaRamira said:

As a rule when we start a party we will first enter the dg (as i have slow loading) and recruit mid way. 

We do the same thing, because we have two of us in clan that our computers throw fits with cross server, especially the larger ones and frequently DC if we don't sit in front of the gate for a few minutes. That makes pugs hell cause no one is willing to wait.  I can't count how many times i've been called names because I am a slow load.

Sometimes I leave parties because:

1, People are halfway through a dungeon but the daily requires you to start with the first boss.

2, Blackram narrows, often I have loading screen at the end boss which takes quite a long time. People kill the boss before I get in.

3, There's a summoner bot

8 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

I would love it if there was a dropout debuff that would prevent you from doing another lfg for 15 min.

That is both good and bad. Imagine getting 390 AP players in Masts LFP and then you are doomed for not joining dungeons for 15 minutes because people think lv 50 is enough for each dungeon.

Since I have 600+ AP (with decent other stats) I tend to stick around and see if we can pull through the dungeon. I view it as a bit of an exciting challenge and a hope that maybe the rookies can learn something with the experience.

I will leave, however, if I see known AFKers (can't write their names here), or if I see massive leeches. i.e. 200-350 AP people in lvl50 purple dungeons.

1 minute ago, Qel said:

Because people in the group can't tell they are new and don't know they know mechanics and group has to die because they can't say it.

Because they can't apply the fight mechanics once explained or don't understand english.

That's different. I'm talking about the asap leavers when the party enters the dungeon area.

Because people in the group can't tell they are new and don't know they know mechanics and group has to die because they can't say it.

Because they can't apply the fight mechanics once explained or don't understand english.

i rarely leave party. if i leave, these are my reasons:

1. i partied a bot/afker.

2. after 5 attempts, still not cleared due to someone messing up the run.

3. i partied with one or two players i just hate to run with (blocklisted). they are mostly those who never listen to commands and autodeto FM.

4. i have something suddenly need to do IRL.

if i leave, i tell the reason to my party, except my #3, i just say i need to go or something. 

i think azzholes players leave due to:

1. low AP.

2. low level.

3. no 500-600AP on the party.

4. they partied blocklisted player.

6 minutes ago, MysterYosa said:

i rarely leave party. if i leave, these are my reasons:

1. i partied a bot/afker.

2. after 5 attempts, still not cleared due to someone messing up the run.

3. i partied with one or two players i just hate to run with (blocklisted). they are mostly those who never listen to commands and autodeto FM.

4. i have something suddenly need to do IRL.

if i leave, i tell the reason to my party, except my #3, i just say i need to go or something. 

i think azzholes players leave due to:

1. low AP.

2. low level.

3. no 500-600AP on the party.

4. they partied blocklisted player.

Same goes for me. except people on my block list are those who leech.

I did leave few sundered Nexus and Asura runs because people had low stats.

I know you can't judge people by AP but no matter how I looked at it, the run was impossible with 3~4 people being 350 ~ 400 AP with zero knowledge of the instance.

#1 because low AP

2 days ago I accidentally enter 550+ AP room with oceanic weapons because it's swapped when I upgraded it and I just didn't know that, leader just enter the dungeon maybe because he saw I'm HM 10, then someone said that I got 235 AP and they just pooff pooff leave the dungeon while I just changed it to true scorpio in a sec and just stood there jaw dropped, then I told leader that I got weapon swapped and he back to lobby and post 550+ room again then it's all okay

#2 They want to enter in-progress dungeon run with high AP but stuck with you waiting the room and just want to leave party immediatelly 

So sometime there is a party that has someone DC-ed and didn't come back and they need to recruit someone, Now LFP people think that they're lucky enough to get party like that / someone high AP want to skip dungeon progress and try their luck

#3 They post room, noone enter and try LFP and expect they're lucky enough to get High AP party but instead they didn't

#4 Nobody has scale (Heaven Mandate exclusive)

21 minutes ago, Marqin said:

I've seen some ppl leaving because dung was not started, so they leave and LFG again with hope they will get to group that is already at last boss.

I have seen tons of leavers that leave without checking while the party was at last boss.

3 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

That is both good and bad. Imagine getting 390 AP players in Masts LFP and then you are doomed for not joining dungeons for 15 minutes because people think lv 50 is enough for each dungeon.

id take the 15 min penalty over an hour or more trying to clear

4 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

I think those who leave see a HM2 and instantly leave. Then they don't realize that the LFP only works for low parties and keep getting same party over and over. Kinda funny to see how same person keeps coming and going away. Sadly more often there are 2-3 under 400 AP players in the party so those situations are understandable but when there is one 400-410 and rest are 450+ I don't get why everyone leaves. Do people need 600+ people to carry them through easy dungeons also?

This has happened to me quite a few times on my alts HM2, HM3 and HM5 etc. all my alts have above 450 AP with the exception of my destroyer which i started recently and havent had the opportunity to gear it up as such, and yes its irritating. But ironically the leave function exists for a reason, some ppl want fast dungeons without the long queue time and sometimes they think its not possible to do the dungeons with ppl less than 500 AP which is quite sad in itself.

4 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

It's because they see something in the PT they don't like.. either to low AP, bad class mixture or people they don't like. It's irritating as *cricket* and only getting worse. I have had PT's where we go in and when I load in only one person is left...

I have long load times too cuz banzai for HDD -.- , anyway yeah when i load into csd dungeon lobby or into the dungeon itself and see i am the only person left in the party. I just experience 1 or 2 20-30 seconds long loading screen for absolutely no reason and i have to experience 1 or 2 similar length loading screens on my way out. so essentially i have to endure 4 such loading screens whenever these things happen. Ironically i cant complain about any of these simply because i know i do it sometimes... like when I lfp trying to get into 4 man dungeon last boss simply cuz i dont have time (and there is nothing wrong with this since my LBM has 623 AP) and repeatedly get badly mixed party or ridiculously low geared parties in 4 man.... by this i mean ppl who knowingly do some 4 man dungeons with horrendous gear knowing that its almost impossible to finish without having 1 or 2 ppl carry them.... like 450-500 AP for 4p shattered masts or 450 AP 4p asura, not gonna happen, some of the bosses are dps check and 450 doesnt have the dps neither dead nor alive and most times they are dead anyway cuz most of them lack the mechanics or knowledge of these 4p dungeons as they dont do them or dont do them frequently. so u cant really complain when ppl leave in these situations.

4 hours ago, welkin said:

a deserter debuff like other games have could help^^

A deserter penalty does not and should not exist in this game for purposes outlined above. Nobody likes to sit in 4p or 6p endgame dungeons with multiple 300-380 AP players and be tortured simply because of the looming threat of deserter penalty, experienced it in DCUO dont need it here. fine example: doing 4p Sundered Nexus, someone DC welp we either 3 man or recruit.... their friend came back online while we were 3 man from 2nd to last boss... they tried fishing him in through discord.. sadly it missed and what do we get??? a 450 AP FM.... we explained whats up asked him nicely if he could leave so the person who started with us can get their spot back.... he told us every way possible that he aint leaving and why the hell should he? i mean he basically just got a free ride in a high payout dungeon where he can basically just die and watch us do the dungeon then loot, leave and repeat the process.... so we are faced with 2 decisions, cut our loss and bounce or do the dungeon knowing that he will do nothing and taking us for a free ride.... we left. so, are u saying we should get deserter penalty when we are faced with such choices?

and no i will never carry douchebag f4@4gs like these that intentionally go into a dungeon to be carried when they knowingly or intentionally do nothing to contribute to the dungeon party. like apart from being carried and being an obnoxious *cricket*, what reason does a 450 AP have to be in 4p Sundered Nexus? 4p Shattered Masts? and so on... they have absolutely no reason to be there. so why the *cricket* would i take on such a burden?

Edit: LFP function is there to be used, not abused. as can be seen here alot of lowgeared ppl try to abuse the LFP function which is used in conjunction with the lack of a kick system... so yeah they basically abuse it cuz they can.

I had that happen in cold storage and a person said get higher AP when he left. He had lower AP than me, so I just recruited more and we beat the boss with a lot of time left over. Can't remember how much but I think it was well over 2 minutes. Kind of funny. I didn't check their AP but one player did say thanks and said people left all the time and he was having trouble. I think that's silly and you should try as long as it's not ridiculous like having all low 400 AP players in Asura.

Archived