Forums

More Evidence of Winning Design Being Copied

Emma Frost

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looking back at our contestant, and comparing them to this, makes me want to cry.

http://2p.com/36499237_5/Blade-amp-Soul-Special-Costume-Contest-The-Top-5-Fashion-Show-by-cindyhio.htm

West entries looks like doodles compared to them. "sob" "sob"

I can already picture ncwest went along with traced version, since everything else is not appealing to the eyes at all. 

28 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Looking back at our contestant, and comparing them to this, makes me want to cry.

http://2p.com/36499237_5/Blade-amp-Soul-Special-Costume-Contest-The-Top-5-Fashion-Show-by-cindyhio.htm

West entries looks like doodles compared to them. "sob" "sob"

I can already picture ncwest went along with traced version, since everything else is not appealing to the eyes at all. 

Not a lot of professional artist on the western side of the game?

7 minutes ago, Dragru said:

I dont really care, the outfit looks nice and we get to use it thats all that matters personally

I really think that's what matters to most.  Also, I think a lot will purchase an Alice in Wonderland outfit.  Maybe be why they really selected it.  Though, why they don't just release the Korean one and pick another outfit, I have no idea.

Those who complain about the picking of pieces from other different pieces and then combining them into one, probably just never wanted the outfit.

1 hour ago, Rhy said:

At this point, the only thing on my mind is.

Who's going to cry more based on a decision, those who find it legit or those who want it DQ'd?

I'm going to harvest the tears of whoever loses but right now I'm just wondering who will have the bigger outcry, atm looks like those who want it DQ'd though.

ikr? This is beginning to be just ridiculous xD

but wouldnt it cast a shadow on ncsoft staff if they DQ-ed the winner? in this case even if twas slightly palagirzed, its in bns art directors best interest to keep up their sound image in being professional and knowing what theyre doing. i mean sure it may have been plagarized but if they didnt notice that in the first place then it cant be helped. also AiW isnt that bad and id feel sorry for the gold medalist getting discriminated. besides the issue has already been adressed in the original thread created by marqin

NCSoft West should choose a winner who deserves the win, not one who achieves that end through questionable, shady and frankly distasteful means.

NCSoft West should make a decision that allows the community to see that they value their player base instead of the $$$. Be the company we believe you are NCSoft West!!

Actually... i thought using a Design form a other Game... or Story... or Known things... are forbidden... else i would had made a Outfit of my Fave Fairytail or Game too...

Alice in Wonderland... is a very well known Fairytail... also there are Games about it... and Storys... so isnt making a Alice in Wonderland Outfit... not allowed?...

Else i could just make Outfits from every other well known Games or Fairytails... isnt that the same thing?

I thought they wanted a selfmade Outfit with own ideas.... not a copy paste outfit from a well known Fairytail... with just a minor detail change.... o.O

( Regardless ofc the outfit is nice... AND I WANT THAT HAIR) but still i dont get Ncsoft rules...

In the original thread I posted that if images are within 8% accuracy (lines.. etc) then it is considered plagiarism from all the sources I have dealt with. This was a generic statement and not putting my personal input into it. In the next paragraph I will state what I feel should happen.

All questionable material should be directed towards the owner of the original piece. Example would be the mask image from winning outfit be sent to the Fire Emblem Developer/Publisher (Intelligent Systems and Nintendo) to ensure no plagiarism took place with said piece. Same with all the rest of said questionable parts for their respective Artist/Developer(s)/Publisher(s). Any pieces found to be plagiarized should be removed and the contest winner should be given a time frame to submit a new more authentic drawing. If the winner doesn't adhere to the time limit a different drawing should be chosen as the winner before any outfit from this contest is put in the game.

This will ensure fairness and the contest winner would be able to clear their name if anything is questionable on a company level not community level. Head hunting with pitchforks won't do any good regardless of how the winner reached the end point.

----------------------------------------

I have no issue with the outfit itself if it checks out as not being plagiarism as I'm neutral regarding it. If it is deemed acceptable after the above is done to ensure it checks out as a legit drawing then it being turned into an ingame outfit doesn't bother me. Just want to ensure that a standard is upheld when art material is under scrutiny especially like this. Rules should be improved upon and enforced with input from the community to make sure this issue doesn't happen in the future.

1 hour ago, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Actually... i thought using a Design form a other Game... or Story... or Known things... are forbidden... else i would had made a Outfit of my Fave Fairytail or Game too...

Alice in Wonderland... is a very well known Fairytail... also there are Games about it... and Storys... so isnt making a Alice in Wonderland Outfit... not allowed?...

Else i could just make Outfits from every other well known Games or Fairytails... isnt that the same thing?

I thought they wanted a selfmade Outfit with own ideas.... not a copy paste outfit from a well known Fairytail... with just a minor detail change.... o.O

( Regardless ofc the outfit is nice... AND I WANT THAT HAIR) but still i dont get Ncsoft rules...

I wouldn't mind a Red Riding Hood outfit, if you want to try that on the next contest :)

16 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I wouldn't mind a Red Riding Hood outfit, if you want to try that on the next contest :)

Already exists in China.

AQJq8WL-aUDOSpmnIl7dKWSBzrjz_pdvRMDbihyl

Yes, this is a cross between Warlock outfit and some other pieces, that's literally the warlock outfit chest piece. No, it's not a mod in China either, it's an actual outfit.

the amount of bs in those "evidence" threads is astounding xD

if you go with that measures you should disqualify all of those costumes, because if you search long enough you would find "evidence" for all of them.

also, it was inspired by alice in wonderland, as they said, so, ofc it would look like something like that, duh.

9 hours ago, Rhy said:

Who's going to cry more based on a decision, those who find it legit or those who want it DQ'd?

I'm going to harvest the tears of whoever loses but right now I'm just wondering who will have the bigger outcry, atm looks like those who want it DQ'd though.

I wonder how many people's tears you'll be able to harvest if the outfit actually does get DQ'd.

19 minutes ago, Inundated said:

I wonder how many people's tears you'll be able to harvest if the outfit actually does get DQ'd.

At this point, not as many as those who would cry if it stayed in. Ultimately its up to the art director but he initially chose it so I don't think he'll back down. Whatever people gonna be mad regardless and they'll be my feast.

10 hours ago, Rhy said:

This doesnt relate to the topic at hand and shouldn't even hace been brought up. Stop trying to sound like someone who's above this, thanks.

1 hour ago, welkin said:

the amount of bs in those "evidence" threads is astounding xD

if you go with that measures you should disqualify all of those costumes, because if you search long enough you would find "evidence" for all of them.

also, it was inspired by alice in wonderland, as they said, so, ofc it would look like something like that, duh.

So, I guess every entry traced parts of their costume, huh? Might as well not have anyone win, because according to you, EVERYONE traced multiple people's artwork and just combined them for a finished product. I guess that counts for "inspiration" nowadays. But if it's okay for them, then I can safely assume that it's okay for me to trace multiple designs for the next contest. No effort required.

By now most of you should of been made painfully aware of how NC West operates. If enough people complain about something, they simply remove it. No fine tuning, no work to make things better. It gets gone. Period. End of story. It is, after all, the most 'cost effective' approach.

Know why we were the only region to lose profile pics, only to have it replaced with a cheaper, bare bones, 'censored' version? Cause whining happened. Well that, and this regions inability to police its own children, but I digress.

Know what all this much ado about nothing whining will do to future costume design contests? 

Well lets just say, you wont have to go on any more plageurism witch hunts, if theres nothing to potentially "plageurize" for.

This is why we can have nice things. Jeez, we westerners are certaintly a whiny bunch.

14 hours ago, BabyWing said:

If people want to complain, they have the right. Just like you have the right to complain about people who complain. If you believe that people shouldn't be complaining, then you have absolutely no right to be complaining about them right now. If you're sick of seeing these threads, then the simple solution is to not read them anymore.

And no, this isn't why everything gets censored. This has nothing to do with censorship at all.

Yes, but there's a big difference between complaining and outright slander and I see both of those on the topic of the contest winner

Archived