BattleKat

We Still want the Winner Costume in the game even tho...

Recommended Posts

30 minutes ago, Houraii said:

I want it, I need it.

you want another 2nd Alice in Wonderland costume?headArea_img3.jpg

 

 

 

 

we already have too many recolors of existing costumes;

 Red,Blue,Gold Phoenix, 

Black, White, Red Obisidian Serpent

Golden (viper cap event), Brown Soul Mate

White, Black, Ivory (see through) , other black (see through) a.k.a Costume from jadestone with virdian stones forgot the name

Black and  Blue Padding coat

Summer Wave And Summer Time (recolor same skin)

 

 

 

Nope! nope, i won't accept it! we already have alice in wonderland. I'd prefer this costume or the warrior one :(

 

Patrick%20Collins.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Houraii   
7 minutes ago, tuannifur said:

you want another 2nd Alice in Wonderland costume?

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Korean costume looks bad imo, so id like to have a new one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jem   

I'd rather not wear something that was just a collection of stolen crap. And to think people are okay with this, even. So much for original ideas.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, tuannifur said:

you want another 2nd Alice in Wonderland costume?headArea_img3.jpg

 

 

Is not a recolor at all, it dont look like that, actually, that official Alice costume disgust me urgh, so ugly, while this winner one look so wonderful, so perfect, would get a copy of it for each of my characters.

 

So, that being said, i also agree that the one that you like is original, not my style but totally deserve a high position (even tho the male version look similar to already in game costumes, but theres none like the female one)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

very interesting i must say. it wasa truly exciting and wonderful contest and im happy to see ppl are satisfied and all. congratulations to the 300 participants for participating.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jem said:

I'd rather not wear something that was just a collection of stolen crap. And to think people are okay with this, even. So much for original ideas.

If you're going off the basis of originality, then none of the outfits would fall under it. They may be unique but not original.

I'm okay with it since I don't really care. If they don't go and just take the whole design of someone else and slap their name over it, I'm fine with it. Clearly they took bits and pieces of other works and made a new look with them.

I'm not trying to defend them, just saying that I wouldn't mind pouring some money in for the outfit.

 

1 hour ago, fruiteaterz said:

very interesting i must say. it wasa truly exciting and wonderful contest and im happy to see ppl are satisfied and all. congratulations to the 300 participants for participating.

I wouldn't really call this "satisfied".

Edited by Pepperino

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally i wouldn't buy the outfit just for the fact it is copied, i hope the original creators DMCA the ass of that person for stealing it, also shame on you NCSOFT for turning a blind eye....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TecoTek   

GUys stop that talking about stealing shit..

Every single costume in BnS is stolen if u keep thinking like that.

Look at all the other Online Games or games in general out there, im sure for 99,999999999 % of the costumes in BnS u will find sth that looks similar / parts of other costumes.

 

But i still agree that sth more creative (in terms of not reused theme like Alice in wonderland) would make a better no 1.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ichora   

I'l admit, I have some bias since I am a fan of the costume (a Gon-f costume that ISN'T basically two pieces of cloth that cover only the important bits! amaze!) but I think the main issue with "SGILSKEM COSTUME IS COPIED IT CANT WIN THEN!!11!!!!!!!one!!!11!1" is the fact that the internet is so vast.

 

Countless people are producing designs and poses everyday; it's only a matter of time before there's some kind of overlap, no matter how obscure. The fact of the matter is, without interrogating the actual artist, you can't really be sure if s/he created the design or not. You can believe it, and hold up images you found off the internet that you think look like the costume, but I can just as well disagree and say I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

 

Furthermore, the line between inspiration and imitation is an unclear one. Even if the artist had seen the "copied" designs beforehand, the images could have just been inspiration and reference material. As far as I can tell, nothing in the submission and the art that was supposedly copied is exactly the same. There are similarities, yes, but you can't outright say this person copied and pasted parts from x image. 

 

I say innocent until someone can actual prove (not speculate) guilty. 

 

no rly doe u peepls sound like ur salty ur slooty runner up didnt win

++liek dat tribal animal skull design? game already has a variant on it (those hunter doods in northreach area or w/e). who's the copier now huh? 

other designs are pretty niche. wodnerlands got a bit of everything, and its mainstream enough that it can be a contest winner without feeling like it's catering to a specific crowd (dat one goth one) or meme (i love ducks tho qq)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ishtar   
45 minutes ago, Ichora said:

I'l admit, I have some bias since I am a fan of the costume (a Gon-f costume that ISN'T basically two pieces of cloth that cover only the important bits! amaze!) but I think the main issue with "SGILSKEM COSTUME IS COPIED IT CANT WIN THEN!!11!!!!!!!one!!!11!1" is the fact that the internet is so vast.

 

Countless people are producing designs and poses everyday; it's only a matter of time before there's some kind of overlap, no matter how obscure. The fact of the matter is, without interrogating the actual artist, you can't really be sure if s/he created the design or not. You can believe it, and hold up images you found off the internet that you think look like the costume, but I can just as well disagree and say I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

 

Furthermore, the line between inspiration and imitation is an unclear one. Even if the artist had seen the "copied" designs beforehand, the images could have just been inspiration and reference material. As far as I can tell, nothing in the submission and the art that was supposedly copied is exactly the same. There are similarities, yes, but you can't outright say this person copied and pasted parts from x image. 

 

I say innocent until someone can actual prove (not speculate) guilty. 

 

no rly doe u peepls sound like ur salty ur slooty runner up didnt win

++liek dat tribal animal skull design? game already has a variant on it (those hunter doods in northreach area or w/e). who's the copier now huh? 

other designs are pretty niche. wodnerlands got a bit of everything, and its mainstream enough that it can be a contest winner without feeling like it's catering to a specific crowd (dat one goth one) or meme (i love ducks tho qq)

Not sure why you brought it up again, but here.

2hoz5h0.jpg

8sXTiEh.gif

 

Not sure what makes you say or even think it's a coincident, inspiration or whatever but you can clearly see it's blatant tracing at work here.

Look at the hand of the gon holding the mallet, is that coincident? i think not.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BeK   
8 hours ago, MasterBlaster said:

I wouldn't mind it being in the game if all the other runner ups also makes it. If its just one costume making it than i'll rather have the sexy badass warrior costume below.

 

Horchatai.jpg

 

 

BY FAR the best one. No reason why it should not have won first place.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

wow... that's an insult, that poor, poor Artist...  Too bad some people still want the art thief's work. Some people will never understand how it feels to have something you work so hard on show it to the public and it gets stolen for a contest or profit, until their it happens to them.  Despite the evidence laid out in front of them, people still would want to by the ripped off version,  Because it looks better. let's not put this thread into another flamewar about who is in the right and who is in the wrong. The mods came and said they are looking into the matter, so let's just drop this whole "Proof or it didn't happen! even though proof is in front of me but I'm too dense to realize it durrr~" 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, ShunJ said:

Ill just add on to Ishtar 

 

 

51 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Not sure why you brought it up again, but here.

 

 

In the first post theres already a link to the topic with all those pictures, this topic is not about that, so pls try to just link the original topic for him instead of turning this one into a flamewar.

1 hour ago, Ichora said:

I'l admit, I have some bias since I am a fan of the costume (a Gon-f costume that ISN'T basically two pieces of cloth that cover only the important bits! amaze!) but I think the main issue with "SGILSKEM COSTUME IS COPIED IT CANT WIN THEN!!11!!!!!!!one!!!11!1" is the fact that the internet is so vast.

 

Countless people are producing designs and poses everyday; it's only a matter of time before there's some kind of overlap, no matter how obscure. The fact of the matter is, without interrogating the actual artist, you can't really be sure if s/he created the design or not. You can believe it, and hold up images you found off the internet that you think look like the costume, but I can just as well disagree and say I think it's just an unfortunate coincidence.

 

Furthermore, the line between inspiration and imitation is an unclear one. Even if the artist had seen the "copied" designs beforehand, the images could have just been inspiration and reference material. As far as I can tell, nothing in the submission and the art that was supposedly copied is exactly the same. There are similarities, yes, but you can't outright say this person copied and pasted parts from x image. 

 

I say innocent until someone can actual prove (not speculate) guilty. 

 

no rly doe u peepls sound like ur salty ur slooty runner up didnt win

++liek dat tribal animal skull design? game already has a variant on it (those hunter doods in northreach area or w/e). who's the copier now huh? 

other designs are pretty niche. wodnerlands got a bit of everything, and its mainstream enough that it can be a contest winner without feeling like it's catering to a specific crowd (dat one goth one) or meme (i love ducks tho qq)

Look, i LOVE that costume, i want it in BNS so badly, but theres nothing to defend here, he copied it, not only a copy, he draw above the original artworks, but this topic is not about that, we are here to proove our interest in the costume regardless of that, Luna managed to get into the game even tho is an obvius copy of Kirito clothes (sword art online), so like that one, we also want this one in game, even if that mean taking away the grand prize to the current winner and give it to someone who actually deserve it (still think that the others are not original, but they didnt draw above other artworks).

 

Guys try to stick to the topic, dont turn this one into the same as the other, read the title!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, as long as it looks good, you're fine with it being something worth being disqualified, right?

 

I guess I can enter the next contest with this:

 

I5XjoYq.jpg

Maybe I can win the grand prize with this. Who knows? XD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jem   

Next costume contest, I'll just take shit from other famous animus and mangos, put some nice color palletes people like, slap 'ORIGINAL AND UNIQUE, DONUT STEEL' on it and it'll win, right? As long as people like it, of course~

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ishtar   
2 hours ago, BeK said:

BY FAR the best one. No reason why it should not have won first place.

No offense, it's ugly, thats why.

Unless it looks professional. it wont pass preliminary.

 

I.e Something like this

yande.re%2087103%20sample%20baseson%20ch

 

 yande.re%2087109%20sample%20animal_ears%

yande.re%2087114%20sample%20baseson%20hi

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shelly   

No we don't. The main problem is that no one wants to reward this kind of behavior. I have a close friend who is a graphic artist (using vectors, so all of her work is her own). She has to see her crap get stolen and posted up by someone else without credit. And that's just annoying. 

 

Letting this person win will end up snowballing into discouraging real artists from competing.

 

I do love this design and it was cute given the fact that I felt like some of the other designers shit on lyns for some reason. =-= But morals > an in-game outfit.  

 

Do not reward the winner. Pick another outfit please. And please figure out what outfits were traced or legit. 

 

To be honest. I was semi-fine with body poses being traced because that's not a part of designing. I was less fine with the hair and mask being traced, but... it was ok... as long as ncsoft doesn't implement it (because they usually don't implement accessories). But when someone said the ankle thingys were traced as well. All of these elements eventually add up to this designer being shady af. 

 

If you directly trace things, you have to give credit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

No offense, it's ugly, thats why.

Unless it looks professional. it wont pass preliminary.

 

I.e Something like this

yande.re%2087103%20sample%20baseson%20ch

 

 yande.re%2087109%20sample%20animal_ears%

yande.re%2087114%20sample%20baseson%20hi

 

Is not ugly, but neither original:

http://vignette1.wikia.nocookie.net/monsterhunter/images/a/af/BoneUBM.png/revision/latest?cb=20120716182230 

 

Dont get me wrong, i like it, but i like it because i like that monster hunter armor, and i wouldnt complain, but is not original.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Brand X   
35 minutes ago, Ishtar said:

Unless it looks professional. it wont pass preliminary.

^This is the problem right here.

 

Talk all they want about how it doesn't have to look professional.  Just need an idea of what you have in mind, to enter.

 

Maybe the winner had an idea in mind, but couldn't draw it as well as he/she wanted.

 

Look at all the ones chosen.  None of them look like "crap art that puts across the idea" :p

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
KDP   
19 hours ago, Brand X said:

This is why people voting is terrible and me not understanding how the judges thought the ducky fit with BnS. :p

What if it's not a duck... but a white crane?! (fits the BnS theme) :D and there's a rocket booster from its butt which increases 50% more speed when sprinting on land, 80% on water :D :D and and it can fly 0.1cm higher each time you spam a button when your character is gliding down :D :D :D (fits... the game play?lol)

On to the topic,
Putting the "stealing or not" aside,

I think AiW entry is a cute outfit for Halloween. However, I would prefer the Korean artist just because his/her design fits more to Alice theme for Halloween purpose.
If I must choose from the existing entries (winner & runner ups), I would prefer Marion's male & Amalia --coz I like stars . Patrick's Sorcery is nice, it's kinda more fancy than the existing "empress" in game.
Still, I would love to see the other entries. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, Brand X said:

^This is the problem right here.

 

Talk all they want about how it doesn't have to look professional.  Just need an idea of what you have in mind, to enter.

 

Maybe the winner had an idea in mind, but couldn't draw it as well as he/she wanted.

 

Look at all the ones chosen.  None of them look like "crap art that puts across the idea" :p

That is a perfect explanation, and thats what i mean, ok, the winner didnt designer it 100%, but his idea was way more outstanding than the rest, is the first time i actually like the design of a winner, and ppl are fighting over cancelling it?, i honestly think the author at least did a very well job picking that mix, but i agree that he should have at least modify the pieces in order to look a little different, is ok using stuff as inspiration, but not tracing them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now