Forums

Are warlocks broken in arena?

Just over 140 matches in this season so far on my WL, last season was my first and I made it to mid 1600's, however I was not pushing as I still lacked HM skills. Now I have my skills and I have been putting in a ton of time and there seems to be on glaring issue with the class, and that is leech being resisted. Over the course of many matchups, especially regarding Sin, KFM, and BD, I found that what determined a win or a loss was if my leech was resisted or not. Having played a few other classes, I know how weak warlock is compared to these classes in equalized pvp, but I love the play style and animations of dragoncall, so I stay with what I like. I am sure once the flood of sins and kfms dies down I will climb back to gold, but it seems "broken" to me that it is possible to resist our leech. We need to line everything up perfectly in the first place, and have no window for error, it seems there should be no RNG in that kind of play style. Could I please get other experienced warlocks to chime in? Let me know what you think, and what your observations have been. Or just tell me to get good, whatever works for you.

It could be because ranks were reset so you are having more of a challenge reaching gold in comparison to if you didn't start immediately after ranks were reset last season.

Some classes are inherently stronger(or weaker) against others so sin, kfm, bd could be simply classes that have an advantage over warlock while the rest do not.

Wanna see a class thats really broken and got nerfed to the ground? make a summoner. Even with hm skills most classes insta wreck them.

Yes warlocks are quite weak atm.

When they nerfed the crap outta us, we still were somewhat okay in pvp because other classes weren't much stronger either. That was when they started buffing every single class either directly or through very powerful hm skills.

Now  warlocks have to play very very well planned to even have a chance against sins, FMs, KFMs and BMs. BD and Des are hard matchups for wl since they have a lot of cc, too and we don't have the escapes to deal with them.

One mistake and you are dead, there are many classes that can force you to use your tab (or you die) if you even miss a stun once, a few seconds later they will start their 100-0 stunlock combo (KFMs especially).

Just my 2 cents

lolol. someones salty because they dont know how to warlock. at least my comment included advice  vs simply a bad attempt to troll. if you dont want advice....dont ask questions. just hit lvl 50 and get your hm skills. then itll all be ok babycakes.

On 8/9/2016 at 9:53 PM, TypicalOpZerker said:

That has to be some of the dumbest shit I have ever heard. Summoners are very strong in arena, and I was asking for input from Warlocks, not people who are bad at pvp.

^Before shitting on others, how about you answer my question on your QQ thread at general discussion rather than pretending not seeing it?

Don't glorify your melee dilemmas as if ranges have nothing to take into consideration themselves.

18 hours ago, LockEasymeef said:

Now  warlocks have to play very very well planned to even have a chance against sins, FMs, KFMs and BMs. BD and Des are hard matchups for wl since they have a lot of cc, too and we don't have the escapes to deal with them

One mistake and you are dead, there are many classes that can force you to use your tab (or you die) if you even miss a stun once, a few seconds later they will start their 100-0 stunlock combo (KFMs especially)

As Bm i laugh about this in the match up WL vs BM the WL has a huge advantage and is a hard counter almost worse liker Summoner for bm. Sure if you waste your tab right after the first cc you loose for sure (but this count for everyone anyway). But if you use your tab careful you should not have a big problem with the most Bm.

Archived