Summoners OP in Tower of Infinity

DannyInfect

I usually don't struggle or stress out against summoners in Arena. But in the tower of infinity, damn, it's stressful and painful even at the lower floors. Fighting other classes in the tower is like fighting a bronze ranked arena player, but fighting these summoners in the tower is just outrageous, especially since you're on a time limit and they have tons of health, spam, runs, cat grabs.. I do not think Summoners are actually OP, just compared to your other AI classes in Tower of Infinity, summoner could use a nerf. Normally making it to floors 36 unless I meet a summoner at like floor 25.

I think it's just their health pool. Their escapes, CCs and damage possibility is all too good. I'm always running super low on time against them. Or maybe lower the cat's health, evasion and defense so we can kill the cat and then go for the summoner? 

• 5 months later...

I found this quite old topic to complain about ToI too.

Dear devs, is this some bad joke or what? When sum in tower runs out of hp, it starts to resist everything and nothing I can do with it. Fix your game already! Even sumonners on arena are not so annoying.

Also I'd like to say that ToI just badly coded:

1) Half of NPCs are dumb and half are hard to beat, and sum is near to impossible to beat

2) Some classes (like sin) can just kite you until you run out of time (timer in ToI - very "smart" decision)

3) Lags are real (while NPC doesn't have lags)

Summoners always make me rage too, they have more than a few cheats up there sleeve. One of my favorites is them force gripping me out of fields, another good one is them still being able to use the X heal after the cat is dead making them effectively impossible to kill no matter how good of a skill ToI gives me for that floor. Combine that with their zero CD chain gun roots and being able to seamlessly switch between super sunflower and bees makes them too much for me to handle.

Get Galaxy weapon. It helps a lot in taking hit and self-healing, and it is kind of easy to build up the Galaxy buff (+10,000 defense) if you AoE both Summoners and cats.

Also, if you're strong enough and have proper ToI SS (3 challenger + 3 sparring), you can kill the cat very fast. ToI Summoner never bother to save, heal or resummon their cat.

Still, even without the cat, they are still very annoying to deal with.

The issue isn't the summoner. The real issue is the time limit. The AI seems setup specifically to waste your time. FM and KFMs freezing themselves right before you try to land the killing blow. Sins resisting everything and running around invisible. Soulfighters constantly countering even when I am hitting my button to counter a counter. Tower of Infinity should be renamed Tower of Frustration. 

Also, what gives? I used to get above floor 50 all the time and now that I am stronger than ever with a HM energy stage 6, I am stuck in the 40s. Did you nerf how many floors it takes you up? I can kill a warlock in no time flat and it used to take me up like 8 or 9 floors and now it takes me up 5 or 6. 

The whole point of TOI was to see how far you could go, not go up 10 floors, get kicked out despite winning and start right back at the floor you started out on last time. I managed to somehow beat floor 38 finally when the most I had gotten was floor 32-33.. do I start out any higher.. nope.. still start out at floor 21 and if I get a time runner or a sum i'm screwed, I'll only advance 1 floor, yeah good luck getting past 38. 

The tower is a joke.. time limit and floor limits. 

37 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

The whole point of TOI was to see how far you could go, not go up 10 floors, get kicked out despite winning and start right back at the floor you started out on last time. I managed to somehow beat floor 38 finally when the most I had gotten was floor 32-33.. do I start out any higher.. nope.. still start out at floor 21 and if I get a time runner or a sum i'm screwed, I'll only advance 1 floor, yeah good luck getting past 38. 

^THIS! A million times this! Tower of Infinity implies "see how far you can go." Not go up 5 times and get kicked out even if you won!

1 hour ago, Xiaoyen said:

^THIS! A million times this! Tower of Infinity implies "see how far you can go." Not go up 5 times and get kicked out even if you won!

It started out as go as high as you can in the tiny ass time limit they gave you. So if you got a time runner you weren't going anywhere either. It should be a go till you die... if you manage to go from floor 1 to 100 with out dying you should be given the chance. Give them two tokens daily like normal and just let people go up the rank just like Mushins. 

Last season I killed a summoner at floor 45. My highest floor was f48 with FM (#100 without any legendary stuff except the pet). So if even FM can kill him, other classes should be able too. Ok time was only enough for 1 floor up, but that's still easier then FM or sin at 40+. Btw I killed both: cat and summoner.

5 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

f32 start next time at f20
f33 start next time at f21
f38 start next time at f24.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jP-7pAkWOjOgAaqAVd4pGfr8fWINE7Sghn96JiAH2wU/edit#gid=974053299

next time if you want to complain, pls complain with facts ;)

3 hours ago, RainbowDashie said:

f32 start next time at f20
f33 start next time at f21
f38 start next time at f24.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jP-7pAkWOjOgAaqAVd4pGfr8fWINE7Sghn96JiAH2wU/edit#gid=974053299

next time if you want to complain, pls complain with facts ;)

Right because I never once looked at the floor I was on and only assumed it was floor 22. /Sarcasm.  

The facts were I start out on the same floor no matter what level I beat. You can throw Google docs up all you want doesn't change what floor I started out on. 

i don't even look at the floor # anymore but as soon as I see HM8+ summoner or sin. I just remove my gears and watch youtube. Even with my gears removed, sin doesn't kill me till timer hits less than 1 min. so yeah, its just designed got eat up time.

4 hours ago, hwalien said:

i don't even look at the floor # anymore but as soon as I see HM8+ summoner or sin. I just remove my gears and watch youtube. Even with my gears removed, sin doesn't kill me till timer hits less than 1 min. so yeah, its just designed got eat up time.

Same i get a summoner above floor 30 I just grab my tablet and do something on it till the summoner wipes the floor with my corpse. 

14 minutes ago, DirectorTseng said:

Same i get a summoner above floor 30 I just grab my tablet and do something on it till the summoner wipes the floor with my corpse. 

I actually tried sum at 35 floor (was lucky to have "super bleeding" strategic skill), but this little rat starts to resist everything when it's hp is low. And while you try to overdps that, it kills you.

If you spam knockdowns they will blow all their escapes and leave themselves wide open for combos. They suck at using seed shroud so you generally don't have to worry about that. They are not particularly tanky and actually don't heal as much as you think, as long as you keep pressuring them.

For the record I play BD and can kill them pretty reliably into the 50-55ish range.

Ok, killing ToI summoners is not hard, its killing them quickly. That is the issue. ToI is about killing quickly, so if you can not do it quickly, then there is no real point unless you are already on your 5th fight. 

For Me, its the constant resets the weapons give them which are a super version of the ones we have. And the only time i really die to a summoner is usually by getting stuck in briar patch followed by a knock down into cat grapple, which doesnt sound so bad, but when the bot will combo you like that 2 or more times in a row, its pretty annoying. Lately ive been going over the incomming/outgoing damage after fights i lose, and vs most ToI summoners i lose to, its about 55+ sources of damage over about 8 seconds. Sometimes much much more. Ive personally wrote 2-3 tickets (in which they tell me the game is not "perfect") and i should voice my concerns on the fourms so the "dev" team can begin to make changes.

What ive noticed,.....bots are getting more aggressive in abuse of 0ms and just straight cheating the system. 

5 hours ago, Chikotan said:

If you spam knockdowns they will blow all their escapes and leave themselves wide open for combos. They suck at using seed shroud so you generally don't have to worry about that. They are not particularly tanky and actually don't heal as much as you think, as long as you keep pressuring them.

As a Des, i only have 1 KD since i spec drag on my kick ability, so i cant "spam" it to blow their escapes, and even if you do, the AI just gets a free "reset" just to delay time, yes i might catch them for a good combo, but when i can stand there, in fury and fully CC for 10 seconds straight and only get about 35% of their HP. And if anyone says they dont heal enough, using the resist combat ability straight dumping on a summ face to face and my HP was going down while his was moving at a snails pace. 

and just for referance rank 39 Des on NA ToI ladder @floor 56. 

Archived