Another one bites the dust

Sogno

I think both side are right/wrong( depending on who's looking at what.) However, I think there is one thing that most of us can agree on; we play games to have fun. Usually once that is no longer attainable, we just move on so something else. That's why we keep shifting from one game to another and we might come back again.

I played BnS from start until shortly after I hit 45. Doing the Blackrams and the 4 blue moonwater dungeons quickly became too boring for me so I left for 2 months.

I came back with the release of the Silverfrost area and I've been having a blast. 

I look a around and I see all aspects of pay2win/pay2progress(or whatever you want to call it,) and frankly, it does not change how much fun I'm having currently. Now I've been noticing that my fervor for the game has wind down somewhat. And yesterday, after finally upgrading to true scorpio then seeing the ridiculous amount of gold I need to upgrade my weapon to Legendary I felt like I got hit by a 2x4.

Nevertheless, I decided that I will keep playing as I'm still enjoying my time here.

The time will come, this I guarantee, when it does not matter what the devs do or don't do I will just loose interest in this game the same way with 6 or 7 previous MMORPGs that I played. When that day comes I will quietly just leave. 

They should make it so you can play with your Alts through some kind of AI Alt system. That way you can field an entire party with your Alts. Id pay money for that. lol Dragons Dogma Online lets you have AI controlled party members that you create.

15 hours ago, Sogno said:

Except... adapting it to the western market was *the* reason (or one of the major reasons) behind its 4-year delay.
Apparently, the "adapting" just meant censoring the peeping tom sidequest.

I actually had 2 legendaries (Illidan's blades and the dragon's daggers) on my main character and 1 on my alt (Thunderfury), in WoW (I stopped after Cataclysm).
The farming is not even close at what's in B&S.

That was my point.  "We want it hard!"  They give it hard.  "No!  We want it easier!" They give it easier.  "No we want it..."  It's a no win :p

Grinding in this game is a breeze, one of the easiest from my MMO experiences.

I've played many MMOs and this one is one of the tops for me to actually gear myself quite fast without raining money over the game.

Equipment doesn't blow up in your face because there's no fail rate for upgrading your stuff (Not including transmuting), you can keep running things over and over besides those once-a-day runs so farming materials isn't hard, and getting gold isn't a pain in the ass either. Sure it doesn't seem like you get much but its way more than I'd make in any other MMO in a single day.

2 hours ago, Pepperino said:

Grinding in this game is a breeze, one of the easiest from my MMO experiences.

I've played many MMOs and this one is one of the tops for me to actually gear myself quite fast without raining money over the game.

Equipment doesn't blow up in your face because there's no fail rate for upgrading your stuff (Not including transmuting), you can keep running things over and over besides those once-a-day runs so farming materials isn't hard, and getting gold isn't a pain in the ass either. Sure it doesn't seem like you get much but its way more than I'd make in any other MMO in a single day.

Absolute and utter garbage. I played FFXI for over a decade, a game in which attaining a relic required on average TWO F**CKING YEARS of grinding. This is a game in which reaching max level on any given class usually took about eight months, and you could play EVERY CLASS on one character. Even then, it had less grind and the progression wall was much less steep than BnS. 

If you honestly believe a single word of what you said, you are delusional.

27 minutes ago, Soube21 said:

Absolute and utter garbage. I played FFXI for over a decade, a game in which attaining a relic required on average TWO F**CKING YEARS of grinding. This is a game in which reaching max level on any given class usually took about eight months, and you could play EVERY CLASS on one character. Even then, it had less grind and the progression wall was much less steep than BnS. 

If you honestly believe a single word of what you said, you are delusional.

Delusional? I've played a game where there literally isn't a level cap because no one has ever hit it before. The grind was bad enough to the point where they started selling IN-GAME BOTS on their cash shops. Trying to upgrade your equipment was a shitshow as well. Going from +0 to +3 each step was around 95% chance success rate. 4-5 was around 70%, onward was just cancer. If you failed, the entire thing would die and you get little to nothing in return. Please do tell me how BnS has  a "hard grind" when you basically get everything handed to you by just playing the game.

If you think this game's grind is hard then you obviously aren't playing right, know the how2s, or don't even know how to play.

Meh the farmy crap grind is all this game has, seriously where would it be without it? Arena can be fun to do over and over because of fun classes and combat. Other than that literally nothing. So much wasted space they could use, like make Beastbog and Frostscale mean something Grimhorn Wilds already a ghost town after what 3 weeks?

These people in this thread tho that are the "easy grind" and "every MMO grind" crowd, it's just laughable and they all the same names they actually defend EVERYTHING. The grind in this game is BEYOND anything I've seen. Oh and not to forget we also get to have skills blockaded by RnG and grind...now that's fun! 

Also the game went P2W MONTHS ago. Hilarious people STILL trying to say it's not.

Archived