Help with health items early on

LazyKiki

I'm on chapter 17, I'm level 15 and this is my first time playing the game... and I'm completely out of health items- and I haven't even gotten a health item from a mob. Anyone have any tips on where I can get some or what's more likely to drop health pots?

The easiest way to get more pots is to buy them from the market, they are way cheaper than at vendors. If you however cannot find a bundle at affordable price, you can always ask in faction chat for a little help from higher leveled players - you usually have hundreds of them at that point, I'm sure there will be someone

willing to give you a few~

I would also say to do your Daily Quests often (the ones with the blue triangle with a sideways 8), there are chests in some of those dungeons that give you potions plus other items and also when you complete the Daily Quest, the chests you get from them will also have potions and dumplings. I wouldn't buy potions and dumplings when I am low lvl as you don't get a lot of money from quests until you are hitting the higher lvls like 45+.

I know it is a pain to do BUT 1) it is free. You don't have to spend money to get potions and 2) You get Exp AND money from doing Daily Quests. I'm am playing a lvl 37 and before I enter a new area of the map (e.g. I will do everything in Sandstone Refuge then Daily Quest before going to Yehara Mirage), I will go back to the very beginning (we are talking bamboo village beginning) and do ALL the Daily Quests to stock up on potions and dumplings. Takes me about an hour/hour and a half to complete and I get about 15+ potions and maybe 6+ dumplings. 

They do add up quickly doing this but don't buy them. You will need your money later on in the quests. Hope this helps x 

If you ran out of potions/buns at your level you also probably use too many or take too much damage. This game is not like many other MMOs where drinking pots like water is the primary way of surviving solo. Not getting hit is the way to go even for a tank.
While it can be challenging at first, learn how to anticipate and avoid (or block) enemy attacks. Depending on your class it can also help to invest your first skill ponts into a skill that heals you for a percentage of the damage dealt. You will also get an amethyst (purple gem) from a quest to put into your weapon that will heal you on every critical hit.
Attack enemies from behind/sides as much als possible and use stun/daze/knockdown/snare abilities on stronger ones so you can kill them without being hit.

Usually the healing potion / dumpling problem is greatly relieved by socketing an amethyst with life drain into your weapon and choosing soul shields for increased critical rate. If you do not know how to get these please let me know, I can explain in more detail. ^_^

Other than that every class has healing skills as already mentioned, and usually they are available early on. If you tell me your class I can look them up for you.

Archived