Any plan to balance this f*** game? (melee vs range)

Ezzz

melee is super good in pvp so no point in this part. for pve they wont be able to do damage till we get the legendary soulshields for the classes. with legendary soulshields melee damage will get near range classes but without them its not possible right now

No they will never balance it because that means rewriting either all classes and rewriting all boss mechanics in game. So if you don't like it it as it is better find another game or get a ranged class. Cheers.

31 minutes ago, Mucski said:

No they will never balance it because that means rewriting either all classes and rewriting all boss mechanics in game. So if you don't like it it as it is better find another game or get a ranged class. Cheers.

Ok, that is what I wanted to know, thx.

2 hours ago, Mucski said:

not really . all they have to do is is add 1 buff to boss. Range defense increased and takes 35% less dmg from ranged attacks.. taaadaa!

How is it unbalanced?

• PvE: The only advantage that they have is in Soulstone Plains, but even then they're very liable of taking aggro and getting punished for it. Everywhere else, they're the ones who have to handle mechanics that target the furthest player or are far away from the boss (which is almost every endgame boss we have now), while melees can just DPS the boss and strafe out of predictable attacks.
  • PvP: It's true Force Masters hold high ground, but it still takes a lot of skill to accomplish that, and it's still possible for melees to rush them down, with  Blade Masters, Destroyers, and Blade Dancers having a positive matchup. Meanwhile Summoners no longer hold any dominance, and Warlocks are among the lower tiered classes.

PVP wise... what? arent sins p much dominant on the battlegrounds? LBM are also *cricket*ing hard to beat.

PVE wise... well,.... git gud. I'm a sin and do more damage than my warlock friend with more AP than me (my crit is a bit higher but not by much). 

Actually, if you've been looking at the top 50/100 rankings, the best three classes are Destroyer, Assassin, and Kung Fu Master.

Summoner is definitely up there as well of course, but Force Master and Warlock don't have nearly as many players up there.

If anything, melee classes have been shown to be much stronger (on the whole) than ranged ones in pvp.

Considering how many more people play Force Master than play KFM or Destro for example, wouldn't you expect there to be more Force Masters at the top? Maybe it's harder than you give it credit for?

3 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

How is it unbalanced?

• PvE: The only advantage that they have is in Soulstone Plains, but even then they're very liable of taking aggro and getting punished for it. Everywhere else, they're the ones who have to handle mechanics that target the furthest player or are far away from the boss (which is almost every endgame boss we have now), while melees can just DPS the boss and strafe out of predictable attacks.

I don't know how you can say that. The vast majority of all boss attacks in this game are in a small radius around them.

KFM here that makes some range look like garbage

if you dont have the skills to play melee and call range being "OP" dont bother playing this game or any other game for that matter. 

honestly, iam  a fair person, but just like another person in this thread  ill have to show you no mercy and tell you "Git Gud" 

there are advantages and disaadvantges to playing range and melee, you should have looked these up before posting stupid stuff like  Range classes are the best/OP in both PvP and PvE

if you cant play melee go play range its honestly that simple. other than ssp being easier... i dont see how range are op compared to melee, plez show me something... the other day i heard someone soloed a terror as a melee. 

again, if you dont have the skills to master melee or the "ping" for that matter... dont even bother

p.s. Iam in no way saying that range dont require skill, because I know for a fact, that id be horrible at some range classes

You just said it, even if you do not want to admit it. And class that does not require skill is OP, always.

6 hours ago, Kohashi said:

not really . all they have to do is is add 1 buff to boss. Range defense increased and takes 35% less dmg from ranged attacks.. taaadaa!

No, that is cure of effect, not cause. Soon you will have other content what will cause exactly the same.

Main problem is in flexibility. For example, our KFM say he wreck range classes. In case of 1v1 if he is good that is possible. KFM abilities allow to counter range classes in 1v1 fight (that is the reason some of them is in rankings) with good timing. But in 3v3 it will look different, timing does not help if more than one enemy. In faction wars it is even worse. While range characters just stay/kite away from danger zone and spam DPS. The same problem have every melee class, in both PvP and PvE.

1 hour ago, Ezzz said:

You just said it, even if you do not want to admit it. And class that does not require skill is OP, always.

No, that is cure of effect, not cause. Soon you will have other content what will cause exactly the same.

Main problem is in flexibility. For example, our KFM say he wreck range classes. In case of 1v1 if he is good that is possible. KFM abilities allow to counter range classes in 1v1 fight (that is the reason some of them is in rankings) with good timing. But in 3v3 it will look different, timing does not help if more than one enemy. In faction wars it is even worse. While range characters just stay/kite away from danger zone and spam DPS. The same problem have every melee class, in both PvP and PvE.

I never said range does not require skill, if you read you will see that the only thing iam possibly saying about Range is that they are generally easier to use/learn than melee classes and this is general for all games especially mmorpgs,

this in no way makes RANGE OP...... unless in your definition OP=easier to play/learn, OP in my definition means over powered or "too strong" compared to something, in this case we are comparing range op to melee. 

As as a kfm for example in the last boss in the dung Sunderd Nexus, I have beat quite a few range classes in DPS( via dps meter that is not out yet), beacuse iam either more skilled than them/they dont know there class and the big AOE mess up range dps rotation(in my opinion).

Another example: I know many sins out there have way more dps that some "range" classes, this is all pve stuff btw not a single metion of PVP

Lets say 2 players are 100% equal in skill(highly unlikely)... but for my example lets just say they are, one of them in a melee and one of them is range respectably 

A Range DPS class should always beat a Melee DPS Class.... why? cuz they are suppose to be glass cannons, if you dont know what this means, dont bother.

most melee have certain roles such as TANK and BUFF, and in this game bm and kfm if you increase the damage of these to equal the range classes, then Melee will become OP

actully i know a vid i watched on youtube that will more likely help you,

Plez watch a few of the vid he posts, they are not THE greatest, but he does highlight some main points. 

Can you give me a few examples of why you think Range are over powered in this game? also what melee class do you play?

18 hours ago, Ezzz said:

It is ridiculous. Range classes are the best/OP in both PvP and PvE. Is it going to be balanced soon?

ever fought a god mode BM as a FM? Cause until you've done that, and felt their wrath, you have no right to even mention this. 

6 hours ago, Solidarius said:

I never said range does not require skill, if you read you will see that the only thing iam possibly saying about Range is that they are generally easier to use/learn than melee classes and this is general for all games especially mmorpgs,

this in no way makes RANGE OP...... unless in your definition OP=easier to play/learn, OP in my definition means over powered or "too strong" compared to something, in this case we are comparing range op to melee.

A Range DPS class should always beat a Melee DPS Class.... why? cuz they are suppose to be glass cannons, if you dont know what this means, dont bother.

That is the same and should not have place. But also that is ilusion. Complexity of melee classes is also them weakness and affecting lack of flexibility. So even if mastered melee class can beat range class in certain situation, but only in certain situation. That is is the reason melee suck hard in faction wars and new PvE content - things changed and that is enought to see melee weakness because of lack flexibility.

No, range classes are glass cannons because they are range. They are DPS from range, they are stay away from dangerous zone, in PvP they are kite and that is them advantage. They should never, ever have also better DPS than melee class. In other case it means heavy broken class balance.

1 minute ago, Ezzz said:

That is the same and should not have place. But also that is ilusion. Complexity of melee classes is also them weakness and affecting lack of flexibility. So even if mastered melee class can beat range class in certain situation, but only in certain situation. That is is the reason melee suck hard in faction wars and new PvE content - things changed and that is enought to see melee weakness because of lack flexibility.

No, range classes are glass cannons because they are range. They are DPS from range, they are stay away from dangerous zone, in PvP they are kite and that is them advantage. They should never, ever have also better DPS than melee class. In other case it means heavy broken class balance.

Well the sheer number of CCs that melees have should be more than enough to get any ranged characters to *cricket* themselves mid fight. Plus in my experience, melee classes have been significantly easier to play than ranged because of their defensive skills. For example: KFM Q and E skills, 2% HP regen, and resist all attacks for 1 second after using, along with the ability to stun immediately after and use searing palm, all from pressing one button. 

Someone was kind enough to teach me a FM combo which I memorized but, have some trouble preforming it perfectly. However, it took me 5 seconds to learn 3rf on KFM and I can now 100-0 people no problem. Melee is without a shadow of doubt, only hard if you make it hard. Just remember you have a block button and use it often. Then again, FMs are the only ranged classes without a block/counter (unless they have HM counter), so I guess that's why I'm saying that.

Also, who the f*** does OW PVP? Masochists? Sadists? OW PVP is the most cancerous thing ever put into any video game, so I never participate in it nor count it as part of the game.

1 minute ago, Ezzz said:

Me.

I feel really bad for you then. I believe I left one piece of advice about OW PVP: Don't. 

I came from a game all about OW PVP, it's dead now. Faction imbalance, certain classes having advantages over all the others, 100% gear based. This is why I only do arena.

Only reason I'd ever do SSP is for some cheap soulstones, nothing else.

9 hours ago, Trilioh said:

I don't know how you can say that. The vast majority of all boss attacks in this game are in a small radius around them.

• Yeti? Has only a AoE jump in its rotation.
  • Naga King and Tetralisk Queen? AoE multi-hit spin.
  • Scorpion Queen? One AoE spin.
  • Asura? One AoE spin.
  • Drill Sergeant? Three AoE jumps, only the last hit does serious damage.
  • Heavenpiercer? One AoE spin and three AoE quakes, all of which can be CC'd.
  • Umbral Lord? Two AoE spins.
  • Taikhan? One AoE spin.

That's a really low amount of AoEs that can easily be avoided by a Q, E, or SS.. If the boss can be CC'd (which most of them are), then do it.

Archived