Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

38 minutes ago, arkvard said:

you guys protestors know that Night Luna, a costume that almost 90% resembles kirito coat exists right? where have u been when that costume being chosen for the eu contest? saying that you don't know about it is same as the reason of the jury of this contest not even know what is touhouvania, rage of bahamut, or anything else you accused the winner plagiarized for. Hell maybe only 10% of community even know what are those things... this is gaming community, not anime community you can't expect for them to know everything about something they don't even interested. If u want to start your protest, protest against that kirito coat ripoff first.

If u don't want to protest that costume then you're clearly just butthurt that you don't win this contest, period.

The ONLY thing that's similar between Night Luna and Kirito's outfit is the color scheme. The design is COMPLETELY DIFFERENT. Have you even looked between the two? 

This isn't anyone being butthurt. There are now 3 SOLID EXAMPLES of this person tracing parts of their costume. If you can show me Night Luna and Kirito's outfit in a side-by-side comparison and show me EXACTLY where they traced anything, then maybe I'll believe you. But I've seen both, and they don't even look SIMILAR. 

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, arkvard said:

lol, that is the problem... the one who said it's not resemblence to each other is only you... every single player you ask in game they will answer it as yes... butthurt is just butthurt... nothing else

As I said, it may resemble the outfit, but it doesn't straight up TRACE parts of it. I literally just looked at them side by side, and the only thing that is similar is the color scheme. Just because a bunch of people say it looks alike doesn't make it true. This thread has provided actual EVIDENCE for the tracing.

3 minutes ago, arkvard said:

lol, that is the problem... the one who said it's not resemblence to each other is only you... every single player you ask in game they will answer it as yes... butthurt is just butthurt... nothing else

Resemblence of something is different from copying from something.

that is the difference between the night luna outfit and wonderland. 

ORIGINALITY IS NOTHING BUT JUDICIOUS IMITATION. Not every resemblance is considered plagiarism. 

Hey, the letter O in "Google" is the same the letter O in "Microsoft"; that's violation of registered trademark. SHOCKING :O

5 minutes ago, arkvard said:

take down that costume first, then we can talk about wonderland... okay butthurters?

I guess you're an idiot then. Resemblance =\= TRACING. How about you show me where Night Luna traces anything from Kirito's outfit? Maybe then, people will take you seriously. If you don't have any evidence of that, then don't claim something that clearly isn't true.

By the way, have ever noticed how a lot of anime characters across different franchises are very similar in a lot of aspects? I bet you call that plagiarism too ha?

Plus, we can legitimately plagiarize and mix match whatever the hell that is not copyrighted.

4 minutes ago, Alter said:

By the way, have ever noticed how a lot of anime characters across different franchises are very similar in a lot of aspects? I bet you call that plagiarism too ha?

Plus, we can legitimately plagiarize and mix match whatever the hell that is not copyrighted.

this. you just prove that yourself is wrong. congrats butthurters

Just now, BabyWing said:

As I said, I DID google them. There's only resemblance. Again, the wonderland outfit was TRACED. How many times do I have to say it for you to understand?

And by the way, nobody wants your support. There's already evidence. Even if support was needed, I'd at least want someone with basic comprehension, which you seem to lack. Calling people "butthurters" just makes you sound like your five. Nobody's going to take you seriously.

Some people just wont accept it. they want it in-game, whether you're right or not, does not matter to them. just don't bother with them, they're just trolls at this point.

4 minutes ago, arkvard said:

ahahah you're clearly just sugarcoating everything for your own convinience....  you just need to google them... no need to trace... 

As I said, I DID google them. There's only resemblance. Again, the wonderland outfit was TRACED. How many times do I have to say it for you to understand?

And by the way, nobody wants your support. There's already evidence. Even if support was needed, I'd at least want someone with basic comprehension, which you seem to lack. Calling people "butthurters" just makes you sound like your five. Nobody's going to take you seriously.

6 minutes ago, Alter said:

Except that is against the rules of the contest, so no, you really can't.

6 minutes ago, arkvard said:

this. you just prove that yourself is wrong. congrats butthurters

I'm not butthurt. I don't even like the winning outfit; it's not sexy one bit. But all these rants bug the hell out of me. Clearly, you guys just don't know what artistic originality is.

If you go to a clothes store, a bunch of pants from different brands look almost exactly the same, long black slack pants. Does any sane person criticize that as plagiarizing fashion design? I don't think so.

E.g., that mask is nothing original to me. I bet that shape appeared decades ago in some medium long before the alleged source was created if you look hard enough.

You guys should stop going at eachother cause that certainly wont help anyone.

And to be honest...this thread is just funny right now.  Its a costume, for a game which probably most of you will quit next year anyway. And the prize is what? just having it made and 100$ worth of Ncoin, thats really not something to make a fuzz about imo.

also if you guys insist that night luna is a copu of kirito's  can you please show   the proof?  they only look similar  there's nothing compared to the patchwork case we have here, and we're not talking as butthurt people who're just  pissed cause they or their fave entry didn't win,  it's just trying to be correct and coherent to the contest rules and  to the people who spent  their time trying to do something original... most likely  it's already too late and we can't do much but i don't think it's wrong to be mad at something like that, it's quite an insult for an artist   but we have to take things with maturity and not like middle schoolers....also... in all of this mess.... where's the author?

I mean, I guess you guys can defend it if you want to. I'm pretty much done now. It really shows your lack of a conscience if you think any kind of stealing is okay, no matter how small it may seem. Makes it seem like this is something you'd do if you had the chance. I'm glad I don't know you guys in real life. Enjoy wasting the rest of your time!

This thread got so off topic i don't even know what the arguement is about. Back to topic,

Other MMO's have revoked winning costume design before, Although there is some elements of originality; Color Scheme, Pattern, Materials of Armor

On 8/6/2016 at 11:51 AM, AmiChan said:

Not true. 

The wonderland idea is over used imo, there are better costumes out there, besides, lets remind everyone that they let someone WIN with a picture stolen from deviantart : http://ziyoling.deviantart.com/art/Bns-costumes-design-562755321 and just AFTER the livestream they took it off.

Wtf, this looks so much better than the winner.

On 8/6/2016 at 5:10 PM, rainbowkitten said:

maybe it was because no one give a damn about costumes on the game they could not be played yet? even in japan there are many manga authors with almost same drawing style, just count how many authors with almost same drawing style as Eiichiro Oda. Why does no one gives a damn about them? because they don't have anything to do with us right? and even Oda's masterpiece "One Piece" also took many things as reference. and it's one of the best successful manga out there

Just because the winner is a "no one" you can't keep bashing him like that, everyone makes mistakes. and it's up to ncsoft if they gonna DQ'ed him or not

Obviously people are up in arms about this costume, otherwise someone would not had a made a thread of an art thief who just traced collages of line to line traces and colored different costume. 

As for your: "Anime and manga... they all look the same and no one is batting eyes at them!?"  Let me show you something:

attack-on-titan.jpg

650?cb=20151218095637

Look different yet similar right? The characters might have the same "style" but their designs are completely different and you and me BOTH know that. You can say that the second Image is basically an inspiration or a wanna be clone of  AoT. However,

I bet you do not realize that... These two anime were made by the SAME company, directed by the SAME director of the first image I put up. Do you get it now?  If not, this is what you simply called this as a Mass production. You have the same companies pumping out different anime and manga every year. Of course their styles are not going to be unique. People like you probably do not realize what company makes your favorite Anime, like you said most people rolls a bat eye about the anime, as long as it look good and have a good plot line. Any other anime that comes out, have the same blatant style  from the first anime/manga you read/watch they are now  a blatant copy of what  you first had viewed. 

This person actually goes more into depth of what I am saying here, So I am just going to copy and paste this here:

This is a matter of artistic style and a branding strategy.

As a prime example: Studio Ghibli films are arguably the highest-quality anime produced. Theypainstakingly aim for realism in the movements of characters and objects and the backgrounds are lush and extremely detailed. The balance of light and shadow accurately matches real life, and every cell is intentionally still hand-painted in the studio to preserve the high quality (Roger Ebert's interview with Miyazaki Hayao reports, "Miyazaki, who is suspicious of computers, personally draws thousands of frames by hand. 'We take [handmade] cell animation and digitize it in order to enrich the visual look, but everything starts with the human hand drawing. And the color standard is dictated by the background. We don't make up a color on the computer'"). Not only do the Japanese think so, but Studio Ghibli's work has been internationally acclaimed for its impeccable quality. Without any interest in a computer-generated template, Studio Ghibli uses the same face character designs over and over.

Studio Ghibli heroines enter image description here enter image description here Kanta, Tombo enter image description here

iwmmbngfjypvkcwfl6mz.jpg Howl no Ugoku Shiro 1446567065-fe26afd5f2833cba60643a0f1b2ab

There are four main points:

1. Studio Ghibli doesn't do this because they are lazy, cutting corners in the production process, or not creative enough. Similar and even nearly-identical faces are not a result of mangaka and animators feeling limited by their mediums, as if a wider variation in facial design would be too hard for them to pull off, or not worth bothering with. Studio Ghibli has never been interested in trading a drop in quality in exchange for a time-saving measure. Though many anime studios now animate by computer, the tradition of crafting and amply using a trademark facial design for multiple characters predates the technological possibility of mixing-and-matchinghairstyles onto a basic "doll" head, and did not arise in the art form in order to make that the standard once animation software could be invented.
  2. The character designer is a prominent position in an anime's staff roster, as some character designers, such as Tadano Kazuko and Nobuteru Yuuki, draw such recognizable faces that the designer can be billed as a feature of the series. Character design is all done in pre-production (before the animators start painting cells), so increased/decreased variation in the character design does not create a large impact on the production schedule once animating begins, unless the character's costume is extremely detailed. Once the designs are established, the character designer draws official settei (設定, meaning "materials") sheets which show the character from various angles and includes notes for the animators about details not to overlook. These usually utilize very clean lines, though some character designers distribute sketchy ones. The settei are photocopied and each animator receives one copy for reference while animating, so that the character designer's intent is realized even across a large number of animator staff.

settei

1. Each mangaka or character designer has a style that he/she personally likes. It may get honed over the course of the beginning of her career, but once he/she captures his/her Ideal, the artist becomes a pro at making it consistent. Unless it is a rare manga or anime in which that character designer does not intend to draw attractive-looking characters, it stands to reason thatthe design perceived as most attractive will be used time and again. This may mean the same face for nearly all female protagonists, the same face for nearly all male love interests, and the same face for amicable, friendly men. As an example, Takeuchi Naoko can be counted on for consistency.

v5-42.jpg pqangels02.jpg

Only one of these blue-haired girls is Sailor Mercury:

Sailor-Mercury-Manga-sailor-mercury-2424 40a6fe79751dee331088b76834b0866b.jpg SailorMoon-PrismTime-01.jpg Soranu Hikaru

Chiba Mamoru (Tuxedo Kamen) and his dead ringers from other series:

SMMamoru.jpg ouji PQ Angels Mermaid Panic light novel

Tenou Haruka (Sailor Uranus) and dopplegangers:

Tenou Haruka

1. Branding (also known as Visual Identity, Brand Management, or Corporate Design), is very important in successful marketing. Mangaka and character designers who provide immediately recognizable faces grant fans the ability to know in an instant that this is a title they are interested in, and whenever they hear an announcement that the same creator is starting a new series, they can know exactly what to expect. Studio Ghibli has crafted simple character designs that strike a chord, make the protagonist easily likable, and garner sentimentalityfrom the viewers. This strategy ensures repeat consumers more than if they changed up the character design from film to film. A good example of strong branding that evolved from the time of her debut is Yazawa Ai:

early work → latest?cb=20120923194215 latest?cb=20121022043343 middle period → mz-4.png?w=580 latest?cb=20130217220410 distinct branding → 294194.jpg Osaki.Nana.600.129233.jpg

Although many mangaka and anime character designers do this type of branding very well, it should be noted that this is not specific to manga and anime, but can be seen in other mediums in other countries. For example, even while Disney intentionally adds hints of traditional cultural art styles into its films (eye shapes for Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Megara), facial design for Disney protagonists is, for the most part, easily recognizable as being Disney, regardless of the ethnicity of the characters.

enter image description here

Disney women of color: 97f37971b331fad4076f13eabb30c0fe.jpg

answered Jun 21 '15 at 7:06
picture?type=large
seijitsu

Now tell me the difference between an art thief who trace for trace everything and recolor over everything and simply just put a small add on here and there and a company that mass produce the same character design but  comes up or have a way different style where they are not the "same"/ their "own" character?

10 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

Obviously people are up in arms about this costume, otherwise someone would not had a made a thread of an art thief who just traced collages of line to line traces and colored different costume. 

As for your: "Anime and manga... they all look the same and no one is batting eyes at them!?"  Let me show you something:

attack-on-titan.jpg

650?cb=20151218095637

Look different yet similar right? The characters might have the same "style" but their designs are completely different and you and me BOTH know that. You can say that the second Image is basically an inspiration or a wanna be clone of  AoT. However,

I bet you do not realize that... These two anime were made by the SAME company, directed by the SAME director of the first image I put up. Do you get it now?  If not, this is what you simply called this as a Mass production. You have the same companies pumping out different anime and manga every year. Of course their styles are not going to be unique. People like you probably do not realize what company makes your favorite Anime, like you said most people rolls a bat eye about the anime, as long as it look good and have a good plot line. Any other anime that comes out, have the same blatant style  from the first anime/manga you read/watch they are now  a blatant copy of what  you first had viewed. 

This person actually goes more into depth of what I am saying here, So I am just going to copy and paste this here:

This is a matter of artistic style and a branding strategy.

As a prime example: Studio Ghibli films are arguably the highest-quality anime produced. Theypainstakingly aim for realism in the movements of characters and objects and the backgrounds are lush and extremely detailed. The balance of light and shadow accurately matches real life, and every cell is intentionally still hand-painted in the studio to preserve the high quality (Roger Ebert's interview with Miyazaki Hayao reports, "Miyazaki, who is suspicious of computers, personally draws thousands of frames by hand. 'We take [handmade] cell animation and digitize it in order to enrich the visual look, but everything starts with the human hand drawing. And the color standard is dictated by the background. We don't make up a color on the computer'"). Not only do the Japanese think so, but Studio Ghibli's work has been internationally acclaimed for its impeccable quality. Without any interest in a computer-generated template, Studio Ghibli uses the same face character designs over and over.

Studio Ghibli heroines enter image description here enter image description here Kanta, Tombo enter image description here

iwmmbngfjypvkcwfl6mz.jpg Howl no Ugoku Shiro 1446567065-fe26afd5f2833cba60643a0f1b2ab

There are four main points:

1. Studio Ghibli doesn't do this because they are lazy, cutting corners in the production process, or not creative enough. Similar and even nearly-identical faces are not a result of mangaka and animators feeling limited by their mediums, as if a wider variation in facial design would be too hard for them to pull off, or not worth bothering with. Studio Ghibli has never been interested in trading a drop in quality in exchange for a time-saving measure. Though many anime studios now animate by computer, the tradition of crafting and amply using a trademark facial design for multiple characters predates the technological possibility of mixing-and-matchinghairstyles onto a basic "doll" head, and did not arise in the art form in order to make that the standard once animation software could be invented.
  2. The character designer is a prominent position in an anime's staff roster, as some character designers, such as Tadano Kazuko and Nobuteru Yuuki, draw such recognizable faces that the designer can be billed as a feature of the series. Character design is all done in pre-production (before the animators start painting cells), so increased/decreased variation in the character design does not create a large impact on the production schedule once animating begins, unless the character's costume is extremely detailed. Once the designs are established, the character designer draws official settei (設定, meaning "materials") sheets which show the character from various angles and includes notes for the animators about details not to overlook. These usually utilize very clean lines, though some character designers distribute sketchy ones. The settei are photocopied and each animator receives one copy for reference while animating, so that the character designer's intent is realized even across a large number of animator staff.

settei

1. Each mangaka or character designer has a style that he/she personally likes. It may get honed over the course of the beginning of her career, but once he/she captures his/her Ideal, the artist becomes a pro at making it consistent. Unless it is a rare manga or anime in which that character designer does not intend to draw attractive-looking characters, it stands to reason thatthe design perceived as most attractive will be used time and again. This may mean the same face for nearly all female protagonists, the same face for nearly all male love interests, and the same face for amicable, friendly men. As an example, Takeuchi Naoko can be counted on for consistency.

v5-42.jpg pqangels02.jpg

Only one of these blue-haired girls is Sailor Mercury:

Sailor-Mercury-Manga-sailor-mercury-2424 40a6fe79751dee331088b76834b0866b.jpg SailorMoon-PrismTime-01.jpg Soranu Hikaru

Chiba Mamoru (Tuxedo Kamen) and his dead ringers from other series:

SMMamoru.jpg ouji PQ Angels Mermaid Panic light novel

Tenou Haruka (Sailor Uranus) and dopplegangers:

Tenou Haruka

1. Branding (also known as Visual Identity, Brand Management, or Corporate Design), is very important in successful marketing. Mangaka and character designers who provide immediately recognizable faces grant fans the ability to know in an instant that this is a title they are interested in, and whenever they hear an announcement that the same creator is starting a new series, they can know exactly what to expect. Studio Ghibli has crafted simple character designs that strike a chord, make the protagonist easily likable, and garner sentimentalityfrom the viewers. This strategy ensures repeat consumers more than if they changed up the character design from film to film. A good example of strong branding that evolved from the time of her debut is Yazawa Ai:

early work → latest?cb=20120923194215 latest?cb=20121022043343 middle period → mz-4.png?w=580 latest?cb=20130217220410 distinct branding → 294194.jpg Osaki.Nana.600.129233.jpg

Although many mangaka and anime character designers do this type of branding very well, it should be noted that this is not specific to manga and anime, but can be seen in other mediums in other countries. For example, even while Disney intentionally adds hints of traditional cultural art styles into its films (eye shapes for Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Megara), facial design for Disney protagonists is, for the most part, easily recognizable as being Disney, regardless of the ethnicity of the characters.

enter image description here

Disney women of color: 97f37971b331fad4076f13eabb30c0fe.jpg

answered Jun 21 '15 at 7:06
picture?type=large
seijitsu

Now tell me the difference between an art thief who trace for trace everything and recolor over everything and simply just put a small add on here and there and a company that mass produce the same character design but  comes up or have a way different style where they are not the "same"/ their "own" character?

http://imgur.com/UGwfkNS

http://imgur.com/VUFtr51

tell me what are these if not tracing? some of them even have same hair/face

inspiraction, copy and trace are different things, trace is when you draw over something and mangaka many time  admit they get inspired by their colleagues or sometimes even make tribute characters and also there are character clichè, but  comparing characters is not a valid point to justify what happened in my opinion

Archived