Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

Theft is theft, no matter in what business, and no matter how you try to "legalize" it.

By not making this clear, you will have less artists who want to contribute their designs in future contests. For a detailed designs like those, they would cost up to over $100 per piece. Artists who love the game design these things... virtually for FREE! The prizes only have in-game meaning, as they cannot even use it anywhere else. That if only if they WIN! If they don't WIN the grand or the runner-up, they waste time for NOTHING! But they still do it, cuz they LOVE the game.

Of course, if people see that their hard work lose against a less-hard-work one, they would be upset.

By belittling their efforts and supporting art theft, you makes art theft become more popular. But, it's fine with you, right, oh people who defend art theft? Cuz you don't spend time drawing them, and only want to see them in-game, if the design is eye-candy to you, then it's a plus. People spending time making outfit or tracing existing outfit, you don't really care, cuz it's not a concern to you. Who cares if the real artists suffer, while the lazy ones prosper, right? Just like how pirated games work. Game-making companies suffer tons of losses cuz of pirated games, but who cares? As long as you have their games to play for free, then it's all good.

Edit: I'm a "contestant-for-fun" in this contest, and I know clearly from the beginning that I won't win. I admire all of the artistic works that people spend their time making. When the Alice design was first announced, I was excited, and really want to see that outfit in-game. However, if the winner is really lazy, even just a little, then I rather have that ducky outfit instead. It's a joke outfit, but at least we can see the fun of the artist that bring us smiles.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Guys while looking through pivix I found something interesting.. ca7341ed-s.jpg

The leg accessory look familiar right? the wonderland outfit have this same design on all female oufits!

this drawing is created by an artist on Pivix, go by the name  春夏冬ゆう@三日目東I29b   back in 2014. 

well this is another piece stolen. 

19 minutes ago, ShunJ said:

The leg accessory look familiar right? the wonderland outfit have this same design on all female oufits!

this drawing is created by an artist on Pivix, go by the name  春夏冬ゆう@三日目東I29b   back in 2014. 

LOL

this just keeps getting better and better.

42 minutes ago, ShunJ said:

So it appears that the winner's design is just a collage of stolen artwork....
Again they only changed the color itself and kept everything else exactly the same x.x
This is getting out of hand. If 3 different pieces were copied to this extent, how much more is there?

I don't like putting down other peoples' work, but this is about this win being unfair to all the other artists who participated.
29n82g6.png

31 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

So it appears that the winner's design is just a collage of stolen artwork....
Again they only changed the color itself and kept everything else exactly the same x.x
This is getting out of hand. If 3 different pieces were copied to this extent, how much more is there?

I don't like putting down other peoples' work, but this is about this win being unfair to all the other artists who participated.
29n82g6.png

output_KnQTQD.gifwell then.

Just now, Rakasiwi said:

just let the GM decide, my opinion at least this guy or gal are participating and the judges we must appreciate him/ her, about the winning decision ask the NC soft, don't blame him/her, at least u guys that insult this winning person, what about if u guys in this person side?, also u guys that insult this person, u guys participating or not well for me look from all u guys analysis this 1st winner not even plagiarism and he already try to draw unlike u guys not draw and just insult person. that even more rude and u not even participating so just damn shut up and play game stop complain  

So, why are you defending the scum who is getting away with stealing and being generally just a lazy person? They don't deserve to win and NCsoft isn't doing anything about this.

just let the GM decide, my opinion at least this guy or gal are participating and the judges we must appreciate him/ her, about the winning decision ask the NC soft, don't blame him/her, at least u guys that insult this winning person, what about if u guys in this person side?, also u guys that insult this person, u guys participating or not well for me look from all u guys analysis this 1st winner not even plagiarism and he already try to draw unlike u guys not draw and just insult person. that even more rude and u not even participating so just damn shut up and play game stop complain  

u know even tough u think he scum, are u participating in this contest? if yes if u not agree with GM decision go complain with NCsoft don't insult people that at least he draw and did something. if not, try draw a better costume so u can beat this scum guy and winning in the first place XD, also if u not participating what u'r right to insult person that already try to do something

1 minute ago, Rakasiwi said:

u know even tough u think he scum, are u participating in this contest? if yes if u not agree with GM decision go complain with NCsoft don't insult people that at least he draw and did something. if not, try draw a better costume so u can beat this scum guy and winning in the first place XD, also if u not participating what u'r right to insult person that already try to do something

I can draw just fine without tracing. I didn't join this contest because I know tht from last year tht whoever judges these is incompetent. They didn't "draw and do something" they looked around for things to copy and trace then did just tht; this doesn't require any sort of thought or procedure and shouldn't qualify as an original idea.

You don't know what you're talking about

4 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

So, them tracing someone else's work is them "doing something"? I guess I'll use this excuse for the next costume contest!

so draw and join, if not agree with this winning decision complain to GM not to this person at least i appreciate someone even tough he scum but at least he/she try and the GM like it that's it, is it hard to appreciate someone effort? or u don't like see this scum person win? if u don't like do something send ticket or don't wear the outfit in game is that hard ? 

11 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

So, them tracing someone else's work is them "doing something"? I guess I'll use this excuse for the next costume contest!

do it this dude is mixing and change few part from few design, i will say this person scum if he copy whole one character even the colour that mean this person steal someone work. then i will go same with u guys, and i will insult this winning person, even tough for me this winner design is not really good but i appreciate this person effort to participate  

10 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

so draw and join, if not agree with this winning decision complain to GM not to this person at least i appreciate someone even tough he scum but at least he/she try and the GM like it that's it, is it hard to appreciate someone effort? or u don't like see this scum person win? if u don't like do something send ticket or don't wear the outfit in game is that hard ? 

do it this dude is mixing and change few part from few design, i will say this person scum if he copy whole one character even the colour that mean this person steal someone work that i will go same with u guys, and i will insult this winning person

My point is there was no effort. My issue is not in wearing it because I dislike the design; it's because they are being rewarded for their borderline criminal activity.

This isn't just someone who is upset because they dislike the outfit; I'm upset because nothing is being done and this is clearly behavior tht would warrant being disqualified in any other contest which is professionally-- or even unprofessionally operated.

I'm not looking to argue with someone with such a single-minded attitude like YOU. It's sad you can't see what's wrong with this situation.

5 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

I don't think you understand. There WASN'T any effort. They traced many parts of their overall design. They didn't try in the slightest. They CHEATED. OF COURSE people don't want to see this person win when they took the lazy way out and just copied other designs. They ALSO violated the rules of the contest, meaning they SHOULD have been disqualified. 

If the person just came up with their own design and didn't trace, or they used a reference and didn't copy the design to the letter, then I wouldn't care. Good for them! But I will NOT appreciate the "efforts" of someone who just copied already existing designs to use for themselves.

8 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

If he has such a skill for a good drawing, he could have just drawn these little details by himself, and would have won the prize fair and square. No one is going to complain, and everyone would have been happy.

However, he selected the lazy method, surpassing other artists with less efforts than he should have spent. It's like he join a sport contest with doping mode on and win the game. You are expecting people to work harder to deal against an dirty-play contestant. Really?

In Hell, Sloth is one of Seven Deadly Sin, you know.

Keep supporting crime and evil, if that is what you want. However, these things are known to bite back the hand of their feeders, so prepare to regret it one day.

13 minutes ago, ShunJ said:

If you plan to steal other people's work for your own sake, you better prepare to get insult. 

who me? i don't intent to steal, u out of topic dude, what i just say here just stop complain to this winning guy this GM decision not this person, he already at least try to participate and not just sitting and insult person am i right?  

I have mixed feelings about this cause like you know when you play a game and you'e like "omg I like this part of the costume but ffff the shoes ugs as hell", then you're like "omg why dos shoes not go wit this outfit qq". Like I have definitely looked at costumes and been like woulda changed, this, woulda changed that and paired it with this. 
So I get what this person did, they look elements of all their fav costumes HOWEVER this is fine and dandy for personal use but entering a DESIGN contest no. What they should have done was altered pieces a bit more than this. Could have change the hair band, shaping of stuff, color and patterns and not stuck with the same theme. It could have been INSPIRED by a bunch of designs with more dynamic alterations.  It's just that it's a designing costume, it should be your own design not a mix of already made designs. 

8 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

Yes, GM should be notify. If you consider the winner spending time taking someone else's idea to a design contest is an effort, then that's an insult to the other participates who actually tried hard creating their piece.

Just like Alysha Hawkey said, if s/he created those all by his/herself. Then s/he deserves the win as ncsoft selected.

However, with the evidence provided so far, it could have been a serious crime. Well, at least I know you could get expel from school, or lost your job/career....etc etc.

This was supposed to be designing contest which entries are expected to be genuine. (or at least 75% original, imo.) And in this case... meh....

"Insults", if you say so.  It's a consequences. S/he should understand where these anger from people are coming from.

(P.S. I actually did like the leg warmer. Thinking of making one for winter :3 )

1 minute ago, tinywolves said:

I have mixed feelings about this cause like you know when you play a game and you'e like "omg I like this part of the costume but ffff the shoes ugs as hell", then you're like "omg why dos shoes not go wit this outfit qq". Like I have definitely looked at costumes and been like woulda changed, this, woulda changed that and paired it with this. 
So I get what this person did, they look elements of all their fav costumes HOWEVER this is fine and dandy for personal use but entering a DESIGN contest no. What they should have done was altered pieces a bit more than this. Could have change the hair band, shaping of stuff, color and patterns and not stuck with the same theme. It could have been INSPIRED by a bunch of designs with more dynamic alterations.  It's just that it's a designing costume, it should be your own design not a mix of already made designs. 

Exactly right

Putting asides of the partial community outrages, I would like to know more about the laws of copyright.

Assume that one did not trace, referencing or any form of plagiarizing, and somehow ended up with a possibly similar design to another design which have been copyrighted in an earlier date. What would be the consequence of this sort of scenario?

7 minutes ago, KDP said:

Yes, GM should be notify. If you consider the winner spending time taking someone else's idea to a design contest is an effort, then that's an insult to the other participates who actually tried hard creating their piece.

Just like Alysha Hawkey said, if s/he created those all by his/herself. Then s/he deserves the win as ncsoft selected.

However, with the evidence provided so far, it could have been a serious crime. Well, at least I know you could get expel from school, or lost your job/career....etc etc.

This was supposed to be designing contest which entries are expected to be genuine. (or at least 75% original, imo.) And in this case... meh....

"Insults", if you say so.  It's a consequences. S/he should understand where these anger from people are coming from.

(P.S. I actually did like the leg warmer. Thinking of making one for winter :3 )

see from all the evidence, yes i don't agree if this guy to be a winner but don't angry to this person, who decide this person that be first winner that who we must angry about 

2 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

see from all the evidence, yes i don't agree if this guy to be a winner but don't angry to this person, who decide this person that be first winner that who we must angry about 

Look, the person who did the crime should be held responsible, not just judges. The person who committed the offense is the most at fault, here.

Archived