Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, julymarte said:

korea and china  already have one

and that's another reason why  people is annoyed an alice in wonderlan outfit won the contest

Hah! They already have one in Korea and China? Talk about irony! Why have a 2nd costume of the same theme then?

1 hour ago, Raiya said:

I'll be honest to put my own opinion this the winner pick is an awful choice tbh and that's before the whole copy-trace disassembly debate is taken into account. Regardless I honestly hope that the winner is disqualified and another is chosen because tbh I actually liked all the runner up designs in one shape or another (personally Amalia's design was the best followed by Patrick's Sorcery) but when I saw that winner on the live stream I was literally like "wut? All those designs and that god awful one wins?!"

Regardless I think its safe to say at this point that the design was chosen is pretty much not up to scratch is actually hillarious that over the last 11 pages people who are anime fans have basically spotted lots of copytrace comparisons that utterly destroy any originality in the winners work. On that argument alone the winning design should be disqualified at this point and one of the remaining runner's up selected as the new winner because all the others look to have originalty and actually look good but the current "winner" imo is a nonrunner.

Not only that, but....

"Judging will be focused on creativity and coherence of design, as well as it fitting the theme and style of the Blade & Soul aesthetic."

Considering that^ was one of the requirements for the designs, the winner's costume doesn't even meet the criteria. Since when was Blade & Soul an Alice In Wonderland themed game? The winning costume should have either been traditional oriental/East Asian style to fit the Blade & Soul theme, or fit into the environment (like one of the runner ups whose outfit was inspired by the Grim Horn). It seems like the judges completely overlooked their own rules on multiple accounts.

Any of these 3 would have been perfect:

Patrick%20Collins.jpg

Marion.jpg  Horchatai.jpg

All 3 are unique, fit the aesthetic and theme of the game, and are more imaginative.

I like how people keep bringing up there already being an Alice in Wonderland theme in KR and CN...

You REALLY think they don't know that?...The art director HAS to know that if he is the least bit competent when deciding on who the winner would be...I am looking forward to an official response. Whether legit or disqualified, I'll get to harvest somebodies tears and it will be glorious.

44 minutes ago, KDP said:

Question, if winner is dq'ed, what will happen? Existing runner ups gets push up or presents another design for total of 11, then choose a winner?

They'll have to do a re-vote from the runner-ups.

was need to afk for a few hours.

well i don't know what to say to you who said it's different... it's clearly same... and outfit design has more difference than the picture i gave to you...

and the one who saying it's re-using.... why the winner can't do the same? is this nepotism?

UGwfkNS.jpg

24 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

well i don't know what to say to you who said it's different... it's clearly same... and outfit design has more difference than the picture i gave to you...

and the one who saying it's re-using.... why the winner can't do the same?

I can see you still don't understand, let me try to explain to you the best I can.

Ishida.Uryuu.full.536048.jpguryu-uchida.jpg

(ok I managed to put in the images.)

Look at these two images, there are the same character, same outfit, same hairstyle everything is the same (because they are the same character). But are these 2 images the same? They are different images. You can be inspired and draw Ishida but it will be a different image, the face expression is different, the way the coat flow in the wind is also different. The pose they have is different. The direction they are looking is different.

Ok I am also tired from replying you. Hope this will help you understand better.

13 minutes ago, julymarte said:

are you a troll or what

He is either a troll or affiliated with the winner. If you look at the past 9 pages, he repeats and rephrases the same lazy arguments after being presented with numerous accounts of valid evidence and arguments. Just ignore him. As long OP pastes all the evidence into his first post, anyone with common sense will recognize the blatant copies

Everyone just ignore him and focus on posting any more evidence you find of the contestants ripping off designs 

Just now, rainbowkitten said:

please give me a good argument for that... that is not a good argument and it's clearly same xD

idk why you won't treat people equally

Simple, can you overlap the two Ishida images and will not be able to tell the difference? That is all there is to it. We treat people equally, but it seems you don't even treat us as people. We prepared so much and you still say it is not a good agrument. Whereas you do nothing but type random sentences and you think you make a good agrument? (you are just trolling)

5 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

it's not random... i'm stating the fact that is same... and you won't say it's same when it's CLEARLY same... i accept that it's same... and i also accept that the winner's also same... and you won't accept that... who won't treat people equally now?

Sorry if I offended you, I just wanna let you know more about tracing & inspiration drawings. But you seems to take it as an attack. I swear I wasn't trying to offend you. I understand now I will stop it. Peace.

21 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

Sorry if I offended you, I just wanna let you know more about tracing & inspiration drawings. But you seems to take it as an attack. I swear I wasn't trying to offend you. I understand now I will stop it. Peace.

They're trolling. Even if you explain it a thousand times, they won't understand. There's no need for you to apologize to them at all.

8 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback everyone. We will be taking your feedback to the team for discussion.

Lets hope you guys care enough to actually DO something about this issue outside of just "discussing" it.

Well, i cant deny that the costume obviusly used pieces from other artworks, but oh god i am gonna be so pissed if this costume is not released in the game, it look so beautiful and awesome, would throw my wallet just to get it even if its in RNG boxes.

I am sorry, i know is a contest, but either way if i had to vote, i would vote again for this one, was a good mix from the stuff that we like, pretty sure the fans would freak out if the devs release a full Rem costume of Re:Zero (and no, the current maid costume does not work, it look terrible), just giving that as example.

From the leftover costumes, i only kinda like this one:

(and still i would be super sad, since there are other similar costumes in the game...so i wouldnt really pay 4 it)

Horchatai.jpg 

6 hours ago, Raiya said:

Hah! They already have one in Korea and China? Talk about irony! Why have a 2nd costume of the same theme then?

Thats like asking why they wasted time reskinning outfits that are already in-game. Many reskins.

5 minutes ago, Emma Frost said:

Those reskins hardly ever sell. Neither will the winning design compared to some of the others

They'll probably throw it in another Daily Dash anyways.

There are also other reskins that you can get freely. Main Storyline ones, Tomb of Exiles/Beastbog Treasure/Gloomdross, Widows, Necropolis/Shattered Masts, theres more but I can't remember.

Archived