Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

then you can say the winner also inspired by those people he admired too, right? why he can't?

Yes the winner can get inspired by those people he admired, but Does it count as inspiration when s/he just trace the design from other? 

did you read what i said? i'm studying to become a comic artist and trust me i know what you're talking about  character design is a whole different thing even when it comes to  copy , cause there are other things on the table like character stereotypes, tributes, fashion  you can't talk about tracing until you find two pictures that are straight up identical with only  the clothes  changed or a little detail added 

2 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

it is identical, like that Miharu and Ritsuka one. there is no difference at all... why are you not calling it a blatant tracing? while u accusing the winner that not even copy the face as blatant tracing?

It only traces certain parts of some designs, not the entire design.

On 8/7/2016 at 0:07 PM, shinnabuns said:

8sXTiEh.gif

3xO1UmS.png

12 hours ago, Kurokazu said:

29n82g6.png

I can't really see how the chest plate and belt is traced. The surface pattern is different, the shape is also different.

BUT the hairstyle & hairband & the shoe is totally traced! How can anyone deny that? Please open your eyes and look @.@

4 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

I can't really see how the chest plate and belt is traced. The surface pattern is different, the shape is also different.

BUT the hairstyle & hairband & the shoe is totally traced! How can anyone deny that? Please open your eyes and look @.@

If someone keeps digging, pretty sure more would eventually pop up lol

Why is it the majority of you who are defending the AiW outfit using so many excuses... Just because something looks good, it does not justify unorthodox methods to obtain reward.

It really isn't hard to understand... if person A scored 100 points on an exam due to cheating, they should receive a failing grade instead of being rewarded for their behavior. There, I dumb -downed the analogy for you man-children.

i'm not jumping into any bandwagon, just answering someone that thinks that my point of view is wrong... and i saw people denying that guy saying night luna is not based in kirito outfit... i'm ok with that.... but then i show something that is blatant tracing and they also denied that... so what do you want? the winner to get jailed or something?

Deny the art thieves of reward and later participation to any contest hosted by BnS. It's not that hard to think about either.

All in all, BnS as a community need to discourage unethical behaviors like this.

1 hour ago, SoulsHunter said:

cause we later got to the conclusion that the dress is inspired while the rest is tracing the mask too is an elaboration of a traced work tumblr_inline_obgt4x7Zwa1u3fjox_540.png

Guys don't even bother arguing with rainbow kitten. He's been repeating the same complaints over and over for the past 7 pages, no matter how valid arguments you present against him. It's obvious that he's either somehow affiliated with the winner (or maybe is the winner) or wants this costume really badly in game. It's most likely the former.

OP needs to edit his/her first post to include the photo and gif evidence provided by the users in this thread. Once any level-headed person sees this, they'll know the costume was a blatant copy 

22 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

http://imgur.com/UGwfkNS

http://imgur.com/VUFtr51

tell me what are these if not tracing? some of them even have some hair/face

They are not traces. They are not even the same characters and they are all different. I bet you have not even look at what I have said. So here I am going to this, I will paste the first image you linked me and point out the differences, then I will let you be the judge if this particular piece is a trace or not. 

UGwfkNS.jpg

Ishada vs Yoite: 

Ishada: has a thin and square face, wears glasses, hair sytle is more tamed. Eyes are much colder and smaller has larger eye highlights/shiners, Nose is more broad and round. Eyes are black.

Yoite: Has more of a thick line and pointer face, does not wear glass, hair is more wild and longer. Eyes are bigger, has smaller eye highlights. Eyes are blue.

Miharu vs Ritsuka:

Miharu: hair is much more wild compared to Ritsuka, have bigger and wider eyes than ritsuka, bigger ears, smaller face. 

Ritsuka: Hair is much tamed. Pupils are more narrowed/thin. Longer face. Dark grey eyes.

Raiko's friend vs Lenalee:

Raiko: smaller face, wider eyes. Short hair style, short bangs. Has black hair.

Lenalee:  Long hair despite being short, longer hair bangs, has deep sea green hair that appears to be black but not entirely. Has black colored eyes or a darker color because I can see some highlighting in her pupils. Face is longer. nose is longer Smaller eyes but more opened.

Mr. K vs Kurz: 

Not even going to point this out... they look NOTHING alike. So I guess all blonde girls with blue eye are the same then huh? 

Eyes vs Leonard:

Same thing. Look nothing alike... One has longer eye lashes and different eye color. Same hair color, not even the same style long but one is straight the others is curly...

Is this a trace? :

3xO1UmS.png

8sXTiEh.gif

a2cc4n.jpg

2hoz5h0.jpg    

shoes looked traced from golden deva.

ca7341ed-s.jpg

output_KnQTQD.gif

29n82g6.png

Look closely my friend... and read this carefully "Line for Line". A person who heavily "reference" an image whether it is a pose or a costume their lines will never match up. A trace will match up, no matter how much you deform or shrink the image, people can easily go to Photoshop like they're doing now and bloom up the size to see if the lines match.

8 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

i'm not jumping into any bandwagon, just answering someone that thinks that my point of view is wrong... and i saw people denying that guy saying night luna is not based in kirito outfit... i'm ok with that.... but then i show something that is blatant tracing and they also denied that... so what do you want? the winner to get jailed or something?

What did you find that was traced? I'm not trying to say that you're wrong, I just seemed to have missed the post.

Edit: nevermind, I've seen it.

14 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

They are not traces. They are not even the same characters and they are all different. I bet you have not even look at what I have said. So here I am going to this, I will paste the first image you linked me and point out the differences, then I will let you be the judge if this particular piece is a trace or not. 

UGwfkNS.jpg

Ishada vs Yoite: 

Ishada: has a thin and square face, wears glasses, hair sytle is more tamed. Eyes are much colder and smaller has larger eye highlights/shiners, Nose is more broad and round. Eyes are black.

Yoite: Has more of a thick line and pointer face, does not wear glass, hair is more wild and longer. Eyes are bigger, has smaller eye highlights. Eyes are blue.

Miharu vs Ritsuka:

Miharu: hair is much more wild compared to Ritsuka, have bigger and wider eyes than ritsuka, bigger ears, smaller face. 

Ritsuka: Hair is much tamed. Pupils are more narrowed/thin. Longer face. Dark grey eyes.

Raiko's friend vs Lenalee:

Raiko: smaller face, wider eyes. Short hair style, short bangs. Has black hair.

Lenalee:  Long hair despite being short, longer hair bangs, has deep sea green hair that appears to be black but not entirely. Has black colored eyes or a darker color because I can see some highlighting in her pupils. Face is longer. nose is longer Smaller eyes but more opened.

Mr. K vs Kurz: 

Not even going to point this out... they look NOTHING alike. So I guess all blonde girls with blue eye are the same then huh? 

Eyes vs Leonard:

Same thing. Look nothing alike... One has longer eye lashes and different eye color. Same hair color, not even the same style long but one is straight the others is curly...

Is this a trace? :

3xO1UmS.png

8sXTiEh.gif

a2cc4n.jpg

2hoz5h0.jpg    

shoes looked traced from golden deva.

ca7341ed-s.jpg

output_KnQTQD.gif

29n82g6.png

Look closely my friend... and read this carefully "Line for Line". A person who heavily "reference" an image whether it is a pose or a costume their lines will never match up. A trace will match up, no matter how much you deform or shrink the image, people can easily go to Photoshop like they're doing now and bloom up the size to see if the lines match.

well i can answer your answer with the lower part of the mask is different and there are pigtails on the hair. so it's not same right?

1 minute ago, rainbowkitten said:

well i can answer your answer with the lower part of the mask is different and there are pigtails on the hair. so it's not same right?

So if I trace the hair with the two pigtails, and add one more pigtails somewhere? Will you say I did not traced it?

The hair style is still traced, whether you add anything else or not, right?

2 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

The mask is pretty much copied with some minor tweaks. Both hairstyles have pigtails, so I don't know what you're trying to say about that.

What you showed earlier is more of an example of different art styles. The characters look similar, but they weren't just traced and then tweaked slightly. They have the same general design, but they were drawn in a different style by different people. You couldn't lay the characters over each other and have them be almost  identical like you could with the mask, hair, and leg accessory.

3 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

Mask is the same.... even the lower part, she may have design the insides different but the outline? it's still the same:

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_marth_crit_full.pn

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

tumblr_inline_mrv1zlYgWs1qz4rgp.png

il_fullxfull.619186135_nw4o.jpg

Only thing she shape differently is making the opening a spade.

Just now, 854450_1452550237 said:

Mask is the same.... even the lower part, she may have design the insides different but the outline? it's still the same:

Fire_Emblem_Awakening_marth_crit_full.pn

1st-Place-Winner-Yin-Kuoi.jpg

tumblr_inline_mrv1zlYgWs1qz4rgp.png

il_fullxfull.619186135_nw4o.jpg

Only thing she shape differently is making the opening a spade.

hmm, a person with good working eyes can see that lower part is different... winner's mask has holes on it

Archived