Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

15 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

This is why we cant have nice things because there will always be that one person that starts off a riot.

You know why there is evil? Cuz there are people who commit it, and people who accept it when it does not relate directly to them.

Just now, Rakasiwi said:

i agree but my point is the silly one is the GM that make this decision, why they not see it are they work hard enough, to know this scum things 

Well, I don't think the GMs have anything to do with the contests, lol. It's more about Art Directors and Community Managers who handle the contest.

This is why people make noises, hoping NCWest's staffs to take action against the unjust. If you keep silent about something, thinking it's pointless, then you're siding with the unjust. Here is a quote from Elie Wiesel:

We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

After sitting back for a few days, saying I would take a step back and watch, I just have to say one thing.

There is a ton of hypocrisy in this thread, it's hilarious, you people get together to oppose something you don't like, which is fine if you kept it that way but if another thing comes up you guys will be at each others throats, actually you already are at each others throats with those that disagree.

Yours truly, from a neutral bystander. Am I going to be raged at for not taking a side now? 

4 minutes ago, Rhy said:

After sitting back for a few days, saying I would take a step back and watch, I just have to say one thing.

There is a ton of hypocrisy in this thread, it's hilarious, you people get together to oppose something you don't like, which is fine if you kept it that way but if another thing comes up you guys will be at each others throats, actually you already are at each others throats with those that disagree.

Yours truly, from a neutral bystander. Am I going to be raged at for not taking a side now? 

Hypocrisy? How? You know how general of a statement that is? Do you actually have evidence that the specific people in this thread are the ones fighting each other in the other threads? What point are you even trying to make?

Why did I even waste my time replying? Your post has absolutely NOTHING to do with the thread. 

@Rakasiwi ok... "to the winner, we're now sad coz we now figured that you were able to create something of you own...... perhaps you should have wrote in your description that 'the design ideas were taken from other people's idea, select my art at your own risk, ncsoft' "

"Whoever the judges are, your judging caused my brain terrible terrible damage." XD

So for clear i would like to say to NCsoft design Judges based on all the evidence, please do more better to make decision for the winning contest in the future, we know that u guys work so hard to make this game be better and we appreciate all u guys hard work. i hope this will not happen again in future so people not get angry about wrong decision and angry to the wrong person. 

Thanks NCsoft Hope u consider about us   

9 minutes ago, KDP said:

@Rakasiwi ok... "to the winner, we're now sad coz we now figured that you were able to create something of you own...... perhaps you should have wrote in your description that 'the design ideas were taken from other people's idea, select my art at your own risk, ncsoft' "

"Whoever the judges are, your judging caused my brain terrible terrible damage." XD

up to u guys i just wanna make this thing clear and who that deserve to get anger from all this people, is it hard enough to not insult someone and instead critic politely as educated and manner person i rather put critic not insult and see who the one who wrong in this problem, at least i try to make clear not make this whole thing become worst

14 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

You know how general of a statement that is?

That's the intention? I'm saying "you people" as a community, not certain individuals... o.o

Oh look I'm being lashed at for my opinion. Called it. :D

4 minutes ago, Rhy said:

That's the intention? I'm saying "you people" as a community, not certain individuals... o.o

Of course you are. Your strategy of 'expecting' this is just an attempt to safeguard yourself from criticism.

4 minutes ago, Rhy said:

don't make good comment or u will get lashed by all this people who feel that they better to make this riot became calm 

Just Ignore it Dude XD

25 minutes ago, Rhy said:

Do you want to know why?

First of all, you aren't on topic. If you're going to post, please at least ATTEMPT to stay on topic. If you're going to be neutral, that's fine, but you talking about the community's so-called "hypocrisy" is not relevant at all to this topic.

Second, you used hypocrisy wrong. The example you gave is not really hypocrisy. Hypocrisy is more along the lines of telling someone that they need to clean their room because they shouldn't want to look like a slob, but you have a dirty room yourself. It's stating your belief in something, and then turning around and saying that you're against it. It is NOT agreeing with someone on one topic, and then disagreeing with someone on a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT topic. You don't have to agree with someone on EVERYTHING. You can agree about one thing but not the other. 

22 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

don't make good comment or u will get lashed by all this people who feel that they better to make this riot became calm 

Just Ignore it Dude XD

Explain what was good about his comment. He was calling most of us hypocrites.

Actually, what I just did in previous post was an insult. I have already forgot what people typed in previous post. All I remembered was people  arguing about stealing art, defining plagiarize, and most are giving their opinions of how they felt.  It's just turns out most people were more of disappointed on how such a good idea was actually a collage of other's work.  That's how I interpret it. I honestly don't remember if there were direct insult. But liked I said, in a contest where everyone gives in their best and there will be critiques. There's consequence of things we do. So, as the designer, they'll need to get ready to face it... especially if they know what they did.

u want me to sent ticket about this whole thing to NCsoft to make this thread clear and not become worst coz we already out of topic. is it u guys also gonna oppose this as i being not good or offend u guys here for make this whole thing not getting riot?

4 minutes ago, Rakasiwi said:

u want me to sent ticket about this whole thing to NCsoft to make this thread clear and not become worst coz we already out of topic. is it u guys also gonna oppose this as i being not good or offend u guys here for make this whole thing not getting riot?

I don't understand. What riot are you talking about? You're acting like we're busting down NCSoft's door and demanding they disqualify the winner. All of this crap has been contained in this thread. I see no evidence of any kind of riot.

25 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I think this has to be addressed by staff.

That's why people make noise, hoping the NCWest staff to see it and re-consider.

For the prize, I think unless they go extreme to take it back, it's pretty much too late to recover the codes from the winner. Speaking as a winner of the wiki editing contest, upon winning, you will briefly receive a mail asking you want NA or EU codes, then the prizes are  all yours to claim and spend.

But I guess wherever the prizes go are not important, as NCWest can make as many codes as they want. The thing is that without a proper response from staff, many artists will lose trust and opt-out in future contests, or follow the bad example of highly-reference to make prize-winning design from various existing works.

Design made of sloth should not be encouraged, no matter how pretty and how much you want it in-game. Through nurturing evil, you is raising a rabid dog that will one day bite your feeding hand.

5 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

That's why people make noise, hoping the NCWest staff to see it and re-consider.

For the prize, I think unless they go extreme to take it back, it's pretty much too late to recover the codes from the winner. Speaking as a winner of the wiki editing contest, upon winning, you will briefly receive a mail asking you want NA or EU codes, then the prizes are  all yours to claim and spend.

But I guess wherever the prizes go are not important, as NCWest can make as many codes as they want. The thing is that without a proper response from staff, many artists will lose trust and opt-out in future contests, or follow the bad example of highly-reference to make prize-winning design from various existing works.

Design made of sloth should not be encouraged, no matter how pretty and how much you want it in-game.

I'm not too crazy about it either, Alice in the Wonderland theme has been too popular in MMOs lately. other pieces were more original. 

6 minutes ago, Nattia said:

I'm not too crazy about it either, Alice in the Wonderland theme has been too popular in MMOs lately. other pieces were more original. 

It's something nice to have, depending on your taste. For me, I would love the twintail with ribbons, cuz I don't like Poharan's Gangplank, which is too long and has donut-like hair ties.

My favourite outfit would be this: Horchatai.jpg

3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

You know why there is evil? Cuz there are people who commit it, and people who accept it when it does not relate directly to them.

Well, I don't think the GMs have anything to do with the contests, lol. It's more about Art Directors and Community Managers who handle the contest.

This is why people make noises, hoping NCWest's staffs to take action against the unjust. If you keep silent about something, thinking it's pointless, then you're siding with the unjust. Here is a quote from Elie Wiesel:

We must take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Sometimes we must interfere.

I just want to say: This is a game....stolen idea or not....you gonna murder him for an online game item? .-.

1 minute ago, Grimoir said:

I just want to say: This is a game....stolen idea or not....you gonna murder him for an online game item? .-.

Yeah, this is just a game, but everything you spend in it, be it money or time, is from real life.

And this is not just about a game, but a contest for artists to brainstorm and present your best to get the prizes.

Which is even more real than "just a game". Their art work and the time they spend are real deal. If they convert their design into something sellable, I'm not surprised that if will get them over $100 per piece. If they lose, they cannot ever use the same design for anything else. You see that they waste their time and the possible money they can make in REAL LIFE, just to be beaten by someone lazier, doing trace work and winning the prizes? Talents that are not bound by morality are just evil.

Stolen ideas should be punished, have the prizes recalled (like they always did in sport contests: stripping the gold medal of the cheating winner). In case if the prizes are not recalled-able, then have the winning design revoked and given to someone else that deserves it better.

And like I said, I like the Alice's design, but it doesn't mean I will support it, knowing it being an art of sloth.

1 minute ago, BabyWing said:

Wait, are we reading the same thing? Where the hell does she say anything about murder?

Its called a metaphore .-.

Fine...let me rephrase ._.

"...you gonna chase him with pitchforkes for an online game..."

There >_>

3 hours ago, Grimoir said:

Wait, are we reading the same thing? Where the hell does she say anything about murder?

you guys protestors know that Night Luna, a costume that almost 90% resembles kirito coat exists right? where have u been when that costume being chosen for the eu contest? saying that you don't know about it is same as the reason of the jury of this contest not even know what is touhouvania, rage of bahamut, or anything else you accused the winner plagiarized for. Hell maybe only 10% of community even know what are those things... this is gaming community, not anime community you can't expect for them to know everything about something they don't even interested. If u want to start your protest, protest against that kirito coat ripoff first.

If u don't want to protest that costume then you're clearly just butthurt that you don't win this contest, period.

7 hours ago, Rakasiwi said:

so draw and join, if not agree with this winning decision complain to GM not to this person at least i appreciate someone even tough he scum but at least he/she try and the GM like it that's it, is it hard to appreciate someone effort? or u don't like see this scum person win? if u don't like do something send ticket or don't wear the outfit in game is that hard ? 

do it this dude is mixing and change few part from few design, i will say this person scum if he copy whole one character even the colour that mean this person steal someone work. then i will go same with u guys, and i will insult this winning person, even tough for me this winner design is not really good but i appreciate this person effort to participate  

That would be to obvious lol. Still people and their  enthusiasm xD

So far 3 pieces been copied, might be more, keep digging lol.

Archived