Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

First of all, I don't understand why people are defending plagiarism. I did not have to "SEARCH" the entire internet for flaws in the contestant's artwork. Just by looking at it for the first time, I knew the Olivia outfit and Sakuya hairstyle were copied since I am a fan of both those characters. I don't play FE so I would not have caught that, but if this many people complain about it being too similar, there's something wrong.

There's no salt in this, I barely play BnS anymore and I was not a contestant. I don't know anyone in the contest either. I just hop on BnS from time to time, but seeing how someone plagiarized to win is 100% unfair especially to the ones who put time and effort into their submissions.

To those who say that FF7 has been plagiarized, no it has not. Aion, BnS, Revelations Online, they all have the "Cloud" hairstyles but they are drawn by their own artists in their own style. Even the Miku hairstyle in BnS, yes one could say it's a reference to Miku, but if you compare Miku's bangs to the Powharan's, it's different, that and the art style is different. Hairstyles can be reused, but if you take a look at the hair accessory along with the way she drew the hair, it is obvious she TRACED the original and tweaked it. All the strands flow in the same direction and yes you can draw a similar hairstyle, but it doesn't require it to be 100% a copy of one. One winged angel is way too generic be claimed as plagiarism SAME WITH kitsune masks as that is from Japanese culture.

To put it in visual terms. This is not okay.

8sXTiEh.gif

3xO1UmS.png

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, shinnabuns said:

3xO1UmS.png

From the examples people have provided thus far, it's obvious the mask and hairstyle are most certainly plagiarized. The outfit example though is too different to consider it a problem. I would say the outfit is just referenced for some ideas and I see no problem with it at all. But the others, yes.

/giggle oh kids.

Concepts like these existed for years. even the "original" costumes this designer "copied" are copied from elsewhere. If you want to trace the plagiarism, pls do it more in depth. Sorry if your world only extends to the anime you watch. 

The only thing I would complain about is...there's a wonderland set in like every single other MMORPG. And these Anime costumes and maskes u guys talk about...pls its the same shit everywhere. 

understand nothing is "original" in the way you think of. everything is a ripoff/remix of other things. Try use words like "inspired by" LOL

I kinda do see the some elements of the outfit quite resembling when remove the red ribbon thingy. (the blue over layer vs the black armor and the white doily looking cloth)

Otherwise, the belt and the skirt, not so much... I guess one can argue the odds of the combination of those parts put in one design.

3 hours ago, shinnabuns said:

First of all, I don't understand why people are defending plagiarism. I did not have to "SEARCH" the entire internet for flaws in the contestant's artwork. Just by looking at it for the first time, I knew the Olivia outfit and Sakuya hairstyle were copied since I am a fan of both those characters. I don't play FE so I would not have caught that, but if this many people complain about it being too similar, there's something wrong.

There's no salt in this, I barely play BnS anymore and I was not a contestant. I don't know anyone in the contest either. I just hop on BnS from time to time, but seeing how someone plagiarized to win is 100% unfair especially to the ones who put time and effort into their submissions.

To those who say that FF7 has been plagiarized, no it has not. Aion, BnS, Revelations Online, they all have the "Cloud" hairstyles but they are drawn by their own artists in their own style. Even the Miku hairstyle in BnS, yes one could say it's a reference to Miku, but if you compare Miku's bangs to the Powharan's, it's different, that and the art style is different. Hairstyles can be reused, but if you take a look at the hair accessory along with the way she drew the hair, it is obvious she TRACED the original and tweaked it. All the strands flow in the same direction and yes you can draw a similar hairstyle, but it doesn't require it to be 100% a copy of one. One winged angel is way too generic be claimed as plagiarism SAME WITH kitsune masks as that is from Japanese culture.

8sXTiEh.gif

3xO1UmS.png

All of which do not violate the copyright protection because of the 13 points used to determine if there is a violation. Similarity does not mean plagiarism (which does not apply to pictures as it covers writings, text, and speech) or copyright violation. You, like the OP should obtain a degree in law and specialize in copyright laws so you could see that what you both are currently saying is completely wrong. You're whole picture set up shows just how different these outfits.

17 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

All of which do not violate the copyright protection because of the 13 points used to determine if there is a violation. Similarity does not mean plagiarism (which does not apply to pictures as it covers writings, text, and speech) or copyright violation.

There is nothing here to do with legal copyright protection.

From the contest page: "Judging will be focused on creativity and coherence of design."

It's easily argued that trace-copying the design elements from existing art which still so closely retains it's obvious "inspiration" as to have the actual copied art pieces posted within a few hours of the entry being made public means there is little "creativity" here.

Also from the contest page: "However, it must be your own original work; any designs that violate copyright or someone else’s intellectual property will be disqualified."

The similarities are strong enough to be in violation of someone else's intellectual property. 

From the full rules page: "(A)ny Costume Design that contains trademarks, copyright- protected or other proprietary materials for which the Entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights will be void [...] By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that (i) the Costume Design is the original work of the Entrant and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or publicity rights or any other legal rights of any third party; (ii) the Entrant owns or otherwise controls all rights to the Costume Design submitted by the Entrant; and (iii) the Costume Design has not been entered into or won any previous contests or awards and has not been published or distributed previously in any form of media."

The rules don't exactly allow for direct tracing of accessory pieces to enhance the "Creativity" or cohesion of design the entries were judged on. And tracing any part of the design elements appears to be in clear violation of "containing [...] proprietary materials".

The Jin dress IS in violation. Plagiarism is not limited to only direct-trace copies and even if the submitter wanted to base their idea for this dress on the original (which would be fine) there needed to be significantly more changes made. Enough changes required to make it the creator's own, NOT merely a variation of the original. Each of these 3 copied items are so exactly close to the originals, with such slight variations, that all three could easily be ripped right out of the original artists' sketch books. (see Shepard Fairey for violations in visual art: he did MORE to change the photo he stole than was done here)

Changing the belt and neckline detail is insufficient. This is akin to submitting an essay in class you took off the Internet, edited to rearrange some paragraphs, tossed in a few new sentences and called it your own. Your teacher would flunk you and some schools would expel you. 

Here, it's the details which prove the copy: that curved scalloped edge with the exact same cutout dot pattern on the white overlay skirt PROVES the copy. That is a detail too specific to this exact dress to not have been copied. Keeping the diamond shape between the boobs is another one. Just changing the look of it, but keeping the shape... oh come on. Having the bottom edge of the underskirt be full and pleated, combined with the length... which is the same. Really now. Any artist even using the dress as a mere inspiration would have put their OWN ideas into it more strongly and not keep so many exact details.

The submitter could have easily made many changes to the idea of this dress but kept too many "fingerprints" of the original.

- completely change the belt detail (no belt or different type of belt as the new one is the same type even if thicker)

- change the center of the dress: remove diamond shape, put any other sort of "bridge" in the center. Changed the shape/color/length/pattern of the overlay. 

- changed the neckline more/added sleeve or arm details

- changed the length/fullness/shape of the total skirt

- done differently detailed/shaped boob armor.

IF enough of these changes had been done that the new dress' inspiration was not easily ID'ed, it would get a pass. Didn't happen. And how can we trust that the rest of the entry is designed by the submitter and not also just timid edits to copies of existing art which just hasn't been found yet?

Saying "but maybe the submitter just LIKED that dress enough to submit it" really seriously violates the idea of a design contest in which the rules indicate the designs should be the work and ideas of the submitter and NOT violating the property of the original creator.

I mean, if I wanted to submit a Star Wars theme, it would get kicked due to copyright but it would only be plagiarism if I claimed the designs as my own ("Star Wars? What Star Wars? Never heard of it!")

The latter is what is happening here. Full on plagiarism, not copyright. There is no legal standard which applies here and there will be no court of law involved. NCWest has full, exclusive rights to decide what qualifies for their contest and how they decide will be something discussed again when they run their next design contest. Permitting trace-copied entries to win will have a chilling effect on anyone working with their own ideas and encourage entrants to submit without designing. Just look for and redraw some style you really like and think would be cute in game.

4 minutes ago, kytt said:

You obviously do not know anything about copyright protection when applied to pictures or designs. I have a detailed understanding of it because of my work for a certain Mecha game company. I spoke of the 13 points that are used for determining copyright infringement. You might want to research that a bit further. Speaking of SWTOR, I spotted a strong possible violation in that game involving a speeder that was an almost exact match for the Project Phoenix's Locust BattleMech. When I saw it, that is the first thing I thought of. It wasn't just similar in look, but it was laid out in the exact same manner as the Mech. I sent that on to my friends and former employers the images. I'm pretty sure based on the 13 points requirement this was a violation. You can bet their legal department is going over it with a fine tooth comb. They have to protect their images, design, and intellectual property. However, these pictures are not because they fulfill the requirements of being different from the original. And you can bet that NCSoft/NCWest's own legal department will, if they haven't already accomplished the same thing to ensure that what they have does not violate copyright infringement of someone's intellectual property.

"Judging will be focused on creativity and coherence of design."

was the point.

ok, they are original artwork. GJ. next time let me take my carbon paper and take "inspiration" by some design removing accurately anything i must read in those 13 points.

All the "copied"/"Inspired" concepts look really cool tho... Deff won't complain if they put it in the game. It looks cool!
It's not another lame suit for males...

Honestly lol You can google "anime short girl hair" or "anime mask" and like.. 90% of the shit all looks the same.

We have the equivalent of "Miku Hair" in the game in multi-color and people don't *cricket* about that do they.. 

The only thing that even looks copied is the male mask.

The gon hair is a FAR stretch. If anything it reminds me more of Tokyo mew mew lol Just.... shorter :/

LilLettuce.jpg

Did someone ever mention the 5000 character with kirito's design that came before kirito.

But yeah this is why I stopped entering art/design contests... I too am a bitter over-critical sore loser that hates losing to ideas based in nepotism(ESPECIALLY AFTER WAITING A MONTH FOR THE WINNER LIST LOL.) But the winning design looks good and I didn't enter so hey nothing lost for me!

When I saw the winning design the first thing that came to my mind was the guildwars 2 tier 3 Norn cultural armor with the "dangly bits" as they say in the livestream lol. It's JUST A TRIP DOWN MEMORY LANE I'M NOT SAYING THIS WAS PLAGIARIZED OR COPIED. I just love the armor, especially the hanging spikes, they're the 1 thing I like the most about the Wonderland outfit honestly. 

NMg2qPa.jpg    ON2xmhA.jpg

I didn't know anything of the anime/other game designs that have now been found and closely compared to the winning design. 

I am very curious to see how NCSoft handles the accusations of plagiarism. I see there are many artists seeking justice here, I'm sure they are looking into it and will address this with the community sooner than later. Just sit tight.

Kudos to all the artists and their amazing entries, I am not artsy whatsoever and the amount of creativity that I saw is impressive beyond words. 

HELLO EVERYONE CAN WE FOCUS ON SOME THINGS HERE BESIDES GETTING OFF TOPIC. LET'S JUST FOCUS ON THIS CONTEST. NOBODY CARES ABOUT THE GENERIC OVERUSED ANIME THEMES. JUST THE CONTEST. 

We've covered that the design of the winner has been subjected to plagiarism. Some parts directly traced while others similar (very similar).

WHY IS THAT AN ISSUE? 
The contest states in THEIR rules " However, it must be your own original work; any designs that violate copyright or someone else’s intellectual property will be disqualified. ".  Do you see "someone else’s intellectual property"? Still don't get it? Basically the intention of the contest was not to copy somebody else. Period. 

Who cares about copyright at this point. Who cares about the law. It doesn't even have to be copyright. The question is this contest and how many honest artists did this person F**K over by reaping in the benefits and presenting something that wasn't even their original work. 

WHY IS THAT BAD? 
It's unfair. For the participants who actually put in effort and tried in this contest, this is a huge slap in the face. I did not enter this contest, nor cared, but I feel the judging was very unjust. 

WHAT DO YOU MEAN? 
Imagine you entered a cake baking competition. You spent ALL day thinking, getting your ingredients together, and working on the cake from scratch. You're finally done and you dust off your hands. Then somebody with comes up with a cake that isn't even theirs, however they claim it to be. In fact, it's actually stolen with a few sprinkles they themselves threw on top. No thought or effort required really. "Oo who cares as long as it tastes good." Not the point. You can only sigh as others defend the grand prize winner using stolen goods. All that effort just to have it taken away. You tell me why that's bad. 

SOME OF YOU HERE are just like wow who cares just let them win I want to see the outfits in the game. Again, that's not the point. It's not fair for the other participants who actually really tried here. You would have the honor of your ORIGINAL outfit being made in-game. To an artist, that's a pretty great feeling. Please determine whether or not this entry is eligible of winning. Seriously. 

If the mods have nothing to say about this. That's fine. Their rules. Their contest. No complaints. But I feel this matter should be investigated because it is a big deal to be first. Seeing your outfit being worked on and implemented in-game officially, admired by many , is a really really good feeling. Especially if you took the time and effort to come up with it. $100 worth of coins too. That's pretty cool. What do you support? 

5 hours ago, Yarnz said:

/giggle oh kids.

Concepts like these existed for years. even the "original" costumes this designer "copied" are copied from elsewhere. If you want to trace the plagiarism, pls do it more in depth. Sorry if your world only extends to the anime you watch. 

The only thing I would complain about is...there's a wonderland set in like every single other MMORPG. And these Anime costumes and maskes u guys talk about...pls its the same shit everywhere. STFU

understand nothing is "original" in the way you think of. everything is a ripoff/remix of other things. Try use words like "inspired by" LOL

Someone hasn't been paying attention. The photos above show perfectly that the mask and hair have been copied, so I'd classify that as plagiarism. It's not about them copying the concept, it's the fact that they obviously traced those two specific items, tweaked them a little, and then added them as part of the overall design, and that's not okay. Again, if they only looked similar, you could make the case that they were inspired or used as references, but the hair and the mask look almost identical to the examples provided. On the hair, you can actually SEE the areas that were traced, and with both, you could lay them over the "originals", and they'd fit perfectly. Does that not seem suspicious to you?

But if you want to keep defending plagiarism, go ahead. I'm sure all of those excuses will work when you try your hand at it.

3 hours ago, DamnedYankee said:

You obviously do not know anything about copyright protection when applied to pictures or designs. I have a detailed understanding of it because of my work for a certain Mecha game company. I spoke of the 13 points that are used for determining copyright infringement. You might want to research that a bit further. Speaking of SWTOR, I spotted a strong possible violation in that game involving a speeder that was an almost exact match for the Project Phoenix's Locust BattleMech. When I saw it, that is the first thing I thought of. It wasn't just similar in look, but it was laid out in the exact same manner as the Mech. I sent that on to my friends and former employers the images. I'm pretty sure based on the 13 points requirement this was a violation. You can bet their legal department is going over it with a fine tooth comb. They have to protect their images, design, and intellectual property. However, these pictures are not because they fulfill the requirements of being different from the original. And you can bet that NCSoft/NCWest's own legal department will, if they haven't already accomplished the same thing to ensure that what they have does not violate copyright infringement of someone's intellectual property.

This has nothing to do with copyright. It's more about the rules of this contest.

21 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

This has nothing to do with copyright. It's more about the rules of this contest.

It has everything to do with copyright and intellectual property. The OP charged the winner with violating the copyright law and by extension NCSoft as complicit because they chose this person's entry as the winner. Obviously, NCSoft determined this entry fulfilled the requirements and made this the winning entry. The ones making the most noise about this do so because they do not like the winning entry or the winner. If you have a beef with what was determined by NCSoft, I suggest you and the rest screaming about violation of everything concerning this take it up directly with NCSoft/NCWest via customer service (see link above), instead of flooding the forum with toxic and caustic vitriol on a subject that most have little to no knowledge on.

9 hours ago, shinnabuns said:

8sXTiEh.gif

3xO1UmS.png

I see how the hair and the mask are the same, but not the outfit. Few small details are the same, but everything else is diffrent.

6 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

It has everything to do with copyright and intellectual property. The OP charged the winner with violating the copyright law and by extension NCSoft as complicit because they chose this person's entry as the winner. Obviously, NCSoft determined this entry fulfilled the requirements and made this the winning entry. The ones making the most noise about this do so because they do not like the winning entry or the winner. If you have a beef with what was determined by NCSoft, I suggest you and the rest screaming about violation of everything concerning this take it up directly with NCSoft/NCWest via customer service (see link above), instead of flooding the forum with toxic and caustic vitriol on a subject that most have little to no knowledge on.

Again, nobody said ANYTHING about copyright. You were the only one to bring it up. This is about someone tracing artwork that doesn't belong to them and submitting it into a contest. Copyright has nothing to do with it. They could steal it from someone on deviantart, and it would STILL be plagiarism. The material does NOT have to be copyrighted for it to be plagiarized. You don't need a *cricket* law degree to see that the winner of the contest took parts from other costumes to use for their own. Anyone with eyes can see that. Stop acting like you have to have extensive knowledge on the subject to know if something was traced or not. It's not even that hard to see.

I don't know why you keep trying to push the fact that it doesn't violate copyright. It doesn't have to. The rules of the contest stated that the costume has to be original, and can't be copied from another source. I'm sure that extends farther than copyrighted material. Like I said, if this person stole their costume design from a person on deviantart, or some other artist, it would still be plagiarism, and it would still be violating the rules of the contest.

I think this highlights the accusations and this discussion greatly although it is not my words 

10 hours ago, kytt said:

From the contest page: "Judging will be focused on creativity and coherence of design."

It's easily argued that trace-copying the design elements from existing art which still so closely retains it's obvious "inspiration" as to have the actual copied art pieces posted within a few hours of the entry being made public means there is little "creativity" here.

Also from the contest page: "However, it must be your own original work; any designs that violate copyright or someone else’s intellectual property will be disqualified."

The similarities are strong enough to be in violation of someone else's intellectual property. 

From the full rules page: "(A)ny Costume Design that contains trademarks, copyright- protected or other proprietary materials for which the Entrant has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights will be void [...] By entering, each Entrant warrants and represents that (i) the Costume Design is the original work of the Entrant and does not infringe the intellectual property, privacy, confidentiality or publicity rights or any other legal rights of any third party; (ii) the Entrant owns or otherwise controls all rights to the Costume Design submitted by the Entrant; and (iii) the Costume Design has not been entered into or won any previous contests or awards and has not been published or distributed previously in any form of media."

The rules don't exactly allow for direct tracing of accessory pieces to enhance the "Creativity" or cohesion of design the entries were judged on. And tracing any part of the design elements appears to be in clear violation of "containing [...] proprietary materials".

The Jin dress IS in violation. Plagiarism is not limited to only direct-trace copies and even if the submitter wanted to base their idea for this dress on the original (which would be fine) there needed to be significantly more changes made. Enough changes required to make it the creator's own, NOT merely a variation of the original. Each of these 3 copied items are so exactly close to the originals, with such slight variations, that all three could easily be ripped right out of the original artists' sketch books. (see Shepard Fairey for violations in visual art: he did MORE to change the photo he stole than was done here)

Changing the belt and neckline detail is insufficient. This is akin to submitting an essay in class you took off the Internet, edited to rearrange some paragraphs, tossed in a few new sentences and called it your own. Your teacher would flunk you and some schools would expel you. 

Here, it's the details which prove the copy: that curved scalloped edge with the exact same cutout dot pattern on the white overlay skirt PROVES the copy. That is a detail too specific to this exact dress to not have been copied. Keeping the diamond shape between the boobs is another one. Just changing the look of it, but keeping the shape... oh come on. Having the bottom edge of the underskirt be full and pleated, combined with the length... which is the same. Really now. Any artist even using the dress as a mere inspiration would have put their OWN ideas into it more strongly and not keep so many exact details.

The submitter could have easily made many changes to the idea of this dress but kept too many "fingerprints" of the original.

- completely change the belt detail (no belt or different type of belt as the new one is the same type even if thicker)

- change the center of the dress: remove diamond shape, put any other sort of "bridge" in the center. Changed the shape/color/length/pattern of the overlay. 

- changed the neckline more/added sleeve or arm details

- changed the length/fullness/shape of the total skirt

- done differently detailed/shaped boob armor.

IF enough of these changes had been done that the new dress' inspiration was not easily ID'ed, it would get a pass. Didn't happen. And how can we trust that the rest of the entry is designed by the submitter and not also just timid edits to copies of existing art which just hasn't been found yet?

Saying "but maybe the submitter just LIKED that dress enough to submit it" really seriously violates the idea of a design contest in which the rules indicate the designs should be the work and ideas of the submitter and NOT violating the property of the original creator.

I mean, if I wanted to submit a Star Wars theme, it would get kicked due to copyright but it would only be plagiarism if I claimed the designs as my own ("Star Wars? What Star Wars? Never heard of it!")

The latter is what is happening here. Full on plagiarism, not copyright. There is no legal standard which applies here and there will be no court of law involved. NCWest has full, exclusive rights to decide what qualifies for their contest and how they decide will be something discussed again when they run their next design contest. Permitting trace-copied entries to win will have a chilling effect on anyone working with their own ideas and encourage entrants to submit without designing. Just look for and redraw some style you really like and think would be cute in game.

+1 to you sir, I agree 100% with you, NCsoft/judges has chosen the winner. If they choose to look at the design again and think that what has been posted on these forums as evidence to plagiarism is in violation of the rules, then they should "void" the winner, and choose another.

I am guessing that they already seen these "flaws" even before they were posted for all the world to see and still decided that the design was not plagiarism and was worthy of first place anyway.

I laugh at people who think that anything in this world is original, everyone "steals" from someone else or something.

I end with a quote from Marilyn Monroe " Success makes so many people hate you. I wish it wasn't that way. It would be wonderful to enjoy success without seeing envy in the eyes of those around you." 

19 hours ago, DirectorTseng said:

Aion? I know Aion has the Cloud hair.. I made a Cloud asmodian XD. Lineage 2 is the one with the one winged.. The Kamael, those ones though are about as far from Final Fantasy 7 as you can get.

Aion has the Reian race, who all have one wing as well. I can't help but feel its a reference even when they stories are completely different from FF7 since so many of their games have a one winged angel XD

To those who say that FF7 has been plagiarized, no it has not. Aion, BnS, Revelations Online, they all have the "Cloud" hairstyles but they are drawn by their own artists in their own style

Lol, I don't think either of us said they had plagiarized FF7, they just make references to it, frequently, and it's very very obvious. Besides the fact that I -really- don't mind what references NCsoft makes to other games, since I like having those options available to me when I make a character. (though I do care that this person has stolen art, it simply isn't right or fair)

11 hours ago, BabyWing said:

Again, nobody said ANYTHING about copyright. You were the only one to bring it up. This is about someone tracing artwork that doesn't belong to them and submitting it into a contest. Copyright has nothing to do with it. They could steal it from someone on deviantart, and it would STILL be plagiarism. The material does NOT have to be copyrighted for it to be plagiarized. You don't need a *cricket* law degree to see that the winner of the contest took parts from other costumes to use for their own. Anyone with eyes can see that. Stop acting like you have to have extensive knowledge on the subject to know if something was traced or not. It's not even that hard to see.

I don't know why you keep trying to push the fact that it doesn't violate copyright. It doesn't have to. The rules of the contest stated that the costume has to be original, and can't be copied from another source. I'm sure that extends farther than copyrighted material. Like I said, if this person stole their costume design from a person on deviantart, or some other artist, it would still be plagiarism, and it would still be violating the rules of the contest.

Really? Here's the ORIGINAL post:

On 8/6/2016 at 4:15 PM, Marqin said:

Go look at lyn's mask in winning outfit.

And now Google for "Marth Fire Emblem mask".

1072174_206039566186638_671392453_o-600x

contest rules:

"Further, any Costume Design that  contains trademarks, copyright - protected or other proprietary materials for which the Entrant  has not obtained appropriate assignment of rights will be void. "

EDIT

Commenters also found parts stolen from:

Rage of Bahamut - heavly "inspired" clothing for Jin

Touhouvania - traced hairstyle and hairband

EDIT2:

Summary from @shinnabuns:

3xO1UmS.png

8sXTiEh.gif

I underlined the pertinent information detailing that this is about copyright. It is apparent to me that you and many others simply ignore the truth to further your vendetta against the winner in an attempt to push your own agenda and false narrative for someone else who entered this contest.

10 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

Really? Here's the ORIGINAL post:

I underlined the pertinent information detailing that this is about copyright. It is apparent to me that you and many others simply ignore the truth to further your vendetta against the winner in an attempt to push your own agenda and false narrative for someone else who entered this contest.

As I've said, you can defend plagiarism if you want. At the end of the day, that's what it is. If you don't want to believe it, fine, but don't say that the rest of us are wrong or just trying to "further our vendetta" because you don't agree. And speaking of which, further our vendetta? I have nothing personal against the winner, and I don't even really dislike the design of the costume. I love how you just want to twist this as people being upset that they lost or that the design they didn't like won. That's not the issue AT ALL. I just don't see it as fair that they won a contest when they traced parts of their costume. You clearly don't have problems with it, though. I guess that means next time there's a costume contest, I can just trace some parts from someone else's design and edit them, and it will be considered a legitimate entry, right? I mean, according to you, it doesn't infringe on copyright, so it's perfectly fine for me to copy someone else's work and pass it off as my own! As long as I make a few minor changes, I can say that I only used it as a reference!

5 minutes ago, BabyWing said:

As I've said, you can defend plagiarism if you want. At the end of the day, that's what it is. If you don't want to believe it, fine, but don't say that the rest of us are wrong or just trying to "further our vendetta" because you don't agree. And speaking of which, further our vendetta? I have nothing personal against the winner, and I don't even really dislike the design of the costume. I love how you just want to twist this as people being upset that they lost or that the design they didn't like won. That's not the issue AT ALL. I just don't see it as fair that they won a contest when they traced parts of their costume. You clearly don't have problems with it, though. I guess that means next time there's a costume contest, I can just trace some parts from someone else's design and edit them, and it will be considered a legitimate entry, right? I mean, according to you, it doesn't infringe on copyright, so it's perfectly fine for me to copy someone else's work and pass it off as my own! As long as I make a few minor changes, I can say that I only used it as a reference!

Are you a licensed Copyright attorney? If not, you have no clue what you are talking about. If you are, you're still pushing a false narrative because these photos will pass the 13 point test. Either way  you and the others are wrong.

14 minutes ago, DamnedYankee said:

Are you a licensed Copyright attorney? If not, you have no clue what you are talking about. If you are, you're still pushing a false narrative because these photos will pass the 13 point test. Either way  you and the others are wrong.

What the hell is wrong with you? Do you know how to read? I've said THREE TIMES NOW that this has nothing to do with copyright. At this point, it doesn't matter WHAT the OP said. I am NOT trying to reiterate ANYTHING they've said. I've ONLY been talking about plagiarism. Maybe learn how to comprehend a sentence before replying to someone so you can accurately understand what they're trying to say. I am NOT the OP. What the OP says DOES NOT matter in this conversation were having, so stop trying to bring up their post.

Why do you believe that you need a DEGREE to understand what plagiarism is? They teach that in MIDDLE SCHOOL. And why are so quick to defend it on the grounds of copyright? I guess you want to make sure this method is still good for you to use in the future, huh? Honestly, you've been regurgitating the same argument back to me over and over again, which doesn't change anything since you're the only one trying REALLY hard to defend this person, and you're using the same argument when I've already established that I'm not even talking about the thing you brought up. You're the ONLY person trying THIS hard to discredit everyone else's statements and say that you're the only one who's right, and if you don't have extensive knowledge of how copyright works, you're automatically wrong. Way to sound like a pretentious *cricket*. Good job. Good luck getting ANYONE to take you seriously with an attitude like that.

Archived