Winner Outfit uses stolen art from Fire Emblem, Rage of Bahamut and Touhouvania

Marqin

9 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

then what about this picture? if it's about face/hair i got ton of them here

UGwfkNS.jpg

You can tell the difference in the images you posted because you cannot overlap them. The angle is different (some are looking at the camera, some are staring somewhere), the lines are different (some are curvy hairlines, some are straight hairlines), the eyes are different (some are squarish some are roundish). The point is you can tell both images are 2 Different drawings.

But tracing as many others has shown you the two images can be overlapped and you cannot tell the difference. The two images looks almost as if they are the same, that is tracing.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess, for the next contest I'll get back on that horse and submit something myself. It's truly been a good 3-5 years since I've drawn. I submitted some things for Warframe once when I gave the DEVs a message. Sadly they didn't get in but it was fun~! I'll try to think of something for BnS. This is going to be quite a trip. xD

10 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

You can tell the difference in the images you posted because you cannot overlap them. The angle is different (some are looking at the camera, some are staring somewhere), the lines are different (some are curvy hairlines, some are straight hairlines), the eyes are different (some are squarish some are roundish). The point is you can tell both images are 2 Different drawings.

But tracing as many others has shown you the two images can be overlapped and you cannot tell the difference. The two images looks almost as if they are the same, that is tracing.

well they are not same are they?

9 minutes ago, ScourgeBreak said:

I guess, for the next contest I'll get back on that horse and submit something myself. It's truly been a good 3-5 years since I've drawn. I submitted some things for Warframe once when I gave the DEVs a message. Sadly they didn't get in but it was fun~! I'll try to think of something for BnS. This is going to be quite a trip. xD

i'll be rooting for you xD

Tbh I cant care less about some stolen parts of the costume, NCsoft can just replace or completely remove them. Korean wonderland-themed costume is boring and this one has so many interesting details! Ive always wanted female lyns to have more dresses like Midnight Detective instead of pants or short skirts/panties.  *dis is just my opinion, dont kill me*

1 hour ago, ander01se said:

10 pages and not a word from the mods / devs... :o

In their defense, it's been the weekend, and they should have barely gotten to the office in the last hour or so today, lol.

That said, they should definitely look into it today because, yeah, the amount of tracing/"inspiration" is a little too high, lol.

12 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

well they are not same are they?

tumblr_inline_obgt4x7Zwa1u3fjox_540.png

The angle is totally the same and you can overlap them, what are the chances two images have the exact same angle? out of all the images you posted earlier not a single one of them can overlap like this.

29n82g6.png

again look at the thing wrapping around the shoes. are they different images? Look carefully at the right one (the smaller one). The winner traced it, same angle same shape, same proportion and put it on his own drawing. Then he mirror it to the left foot.

And the hair & hairband, they already uploaded an animation of the overlapping I really don't know what else I can say to you

Ill leave this here for anyone who don't understand what is art theft and tracing

ef2DHGC.jpg

According to this, the creator of the wonderland outfit is an art theft then. oh stealing art is plagiarism.  

3 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

hmm, a person with good working eyes can see that lower part is different... winner's mask has holes on it

Hmm so a person who is not blind and is not protecting art thief could clearly say that this chick isn't sakura then?

my_naruto_character_kyoko_by_kyoko_uchih

I mean come on! she looks NOTHING like sakura right? :D

On for real note:
I am just going to now suspect that you are the art thief or like someone said affiliation with them. Or maybe just MAYBE you have been in the same settings where this art thief was in. You've probably trace something and made add ons onto that drawing such as this one. whether it was the pose or a costume. Some one must have confronted you then many others had followed suit until a mod, or the original artist told you take that drawing down or risk your account being banned of that site or getting sued by them.

16 minutes ago, SoulsHunter said:

tumblr_inline_obgt4x7Zwa1u3fjox_540.png

The angle is totally the same and you can overlap them, what are the chances two images have the exact same angle? out of all the images you posted earlier not a single one of them can overlap like this.

29n82g6.png

again look at the thing wrapping around the shoes. are they different images? Look carefully at the right one (the smaller one). The winner traced it, same angle same shape, same proportion and put it on his own drawing. Then he mirror it to the left foot.

And the hair & hairband, they already uploaded an animation of the overlapping I really don't know what else I can say to you

9 minutes ago, 854450_1452550237 said:

Hmm so a person who is not blind and is not protecting art thief could clearly say that this chick isn't sakura then?

my_naruto_character_kyoko_by_kyoko_uchih

I mean come on! she looks NOTHING like sakura right? :D

On for real note:
I am just going to now suspect that you are the art thief or like someone said affiliation with them. Or maybe just MAYBE you have been in the same settings where this art thief was in. You've probably trace something and made add ons onto that drawing such as this one. whether it was the pose or a costume. Some one must have confronted you then many others had followed suit until a mod, or the original artist told you take that drawing down or risk your account being banned of that site or getting sued by them.

to both of you:

if it's same the lower part is also same...but it's not...

12 minutes ago, ShunJ said:

Ill leave this here for anyone who don't understand what is art theft and tracing

ef2DHGC.jpg

According to this, the creator of the wonderland outfit is an art theft then. 

then how about this picture? some of them exactly look the same with little or no alteration. what is your words on it?

UGwfkNS.jpg

9 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

to both of you:

then how about this picture? some of them exactly look the same with little or no alteration. what is your words on it?

UGwfkNS.jpg

Facepalm-Meme-12.jpg

11 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

to both of you:

UGwfkNS.jpg

I think it's been established, but what you're showing is simply different art styles. You can't lay the faces over each other and have them match like you can with the mask, hairstyle, and leg accessories. Therefore, it's not a trace.

7 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

to both of you:

UGwfkNS.jpg

The drawings are different. They're not traced/copied, that much I can tell.

I'm sure not planning on replying to anything you direct at me. (or any remark in general.)

59 minutes ago, rainbowkitten said:

then what about this picture? if it's about face/hair i got ton of them here

UGwfkNS.jpg

I don't know what others are saying, but for all pieces of media there will be stereotypes reused- this is basically just a collection of them- Similarly to how all auction movies have the gruff and tough male protag, normally in his late twenties to early forties with some family issues; in different forms of media we see a the same thing happen. In most 'anime' (also western cartoons and comics heavily inspired by anime) we see similar character representations. Long blonde hair = normally a playboy or a loud mouth, short dark hair with narrow eyes = strong and silent, ect. 

This also has nothing to do with this situation- seeing as each of the characters above are seen in different outfits interacting differently to different situations. What makes their character is not only their design but how it's presented... but this is or was a contest for a singular design, not a character or a story. What you see is what you get, and if that resembles another peice of media you are in deep shit.

5 minutes ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback everyone. We will be taking your feedback to the team for discussion.

Thank you so much for considering our feedback! It's truly appreciated tht you acknowledged us.

5 minutes ago, luera said:

Thank you so much for considering our feedback! It's truly appreciated tht you acknowledged us.

probly wont see any action taken now  but in the future most likely there will be more strict rules in place to prevent this kinda of stuff from taking place

1 hour ago, WachtelSchachtel said:

Ok guys even the yun ponytail hairstyle loks like an replica of an already existing BnS hair mod...

Posted Imagemaxresdefault.jpg

^ without the ears ofcourse

now because of the lack of decent wigs i have to disagree with you only reason i will back this costume is because its including decent hair styles but the outfit is trash and will likely be salvaged for its fabric while i sport the wig it comes with  on another outfit <most likely what most ppl will do any how

1 hour ago, Kasugai said:

I would not have picked the wonderland design as the winner, there was much better designs revealed on the stream but hey there you go.

I would have just loved to see all the entries. I was hoping they'd have a website with the submissions I can flip through, because, well, folks can do absolutely amazing things. :) I don't even really need to vote, just wanted to see the whole thing.

I'll be honest to put my own opinion this the winner pick is an awful choice tbh and that's before the whole copy-trace disassembly debate is taken into account. Regardless I honestly hope that the winner is disqualified and another is chosen because tbh I actually liked all the runner up designs in one shape or another (personally Amalia's design was the best followed by Patrick's Sorcery) but when I saw that winner on the live stream I was literally like "wut? All those designs and that god awful one wins?!"

Regardless I think its safe to say at this point that the design was chosen is pretty much not up to scratch is actually hillarious that over the last 11 pages people who are anime fans have basically spotted lots of copytrace comparisons that utterly destroy any originality in the winners work. On that argument alone the winning design should be disqualified at this point and one of the remaining runner's up selected as the new winner because all the others look to have originalty and actually look good but the current "winner" imo is a nonrunner.

4 hours ago, Rukkirii said:

Greetings,

Thank you for your feedback everyone. We will be taking your feedback to the team for discussion.

Tell em to put an end to this and select one of the runner's up they're all good bar the current "winner" and tell the lads in the office to lay off the cheap beer this time!

Archived