Outfit contest and "players choice "

xSonatax

27 minutes ago, kytt said:

I

I guess if I want to think about trying my own hand in the next contest, I'll look at whatever mega-franchise properties are popular and see what if I can pick one the NCWest staff favors.

Exactly. Many of us could have easily inspire ourselves from well known sources. Like: BNS is filled with anime fans. Inspired costume from famous ones would sell like hot bread, you just have to make it good. Easy peasy..... ....

2 hours ago, Sadistiquë said:

Exactly. Many of us could have easily inspire ourselves from well known sources. Like: BNS is filled with anime fans. Inspired costume from famous ones would sell like hot bread, you just have to make it good. Easy peasy..... ....

KFM + 357024.jpg?t=1446437461 =  krabs-loves-money-10.jpg?height=385&widt

I remember watching that livestream, and after seeing all the awesome runner-up designs, I was excited to see the winner-costume... only to say out loud: "What, really?" I was disappointed.  The costume looks like a random-colored, unoriginal clown-costume. -.- 

And Lyn female already has tons of these little-kid or "cute" loli-costumes. However, not everyone playing Lyn-female is a kid or a loli-lover male. Women play Lyn too (only race option for summoner) and I sure would want some elegant or sexy looking costumes for Lyn. One of the runner-ups with the asian-themed look with long sleeves for Lyn looked amazing. I wish it would have won. The theme fit the game so much better too.

I also wish the players could have voted for the winner costume. Could have atleast made it 50% player votes and 50% judges votes to decide the winner.

edit: I just read the other thread, and saw that the costume I was talking about was stolen, and the winner costume was traced. Oh my... -.- 

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

I get this feeling the judges are not fans of oriental/asian designs...or even anime :p

If that's the case, then why are they even working for this game?
Blade & Soul is an oriental/Asian themed game (in story, culture, and setting) and the really sad thing is there are more modern / out of place outfits in the game now than there are outfits that actually match the style of the game.

Plus the rules of the contest clearly stated that the outfit must match the style of Blade & Soul and fit into the game environment. The winner is the most out of place of them all. Utterly mind boggling. What are rules? Are they just there for show?

16 minutes ago, Kurokazu said:

If that's the case, then why are they even working for this game?
Blade & Soul is an oriental/Asian themed game (in story, culture, and setting) and the really sad thing is there are more modern / out of place outfits in the game now than there are outfits that actually match the style of the game.

Plus the rules of the contest clearly stated that the outfit must match the style of Blade & Soul and fit into the game environment. The winner is the most out of place of them all. Utterly mind boggling. What are rules? Are they just there for show?

Job is a job and it pays the money.  Not being a fan just might make them the wrong people of the game.

Now, if they are or are not fans, I have no idea :p  But like was mentioned, the outfits chosen lacked oriental feeling.

1 hour ago, Brand X said:

Job is a job and it pays the money.  Not being a fan just might make them the wrong people of the game.

Now, if they are or are not fans, I have no idea :p  But like was mentioned, the outfits chosen lacked oriental feeling.

The reality.

Speaking of oriental feel, only few of the runner ups has a bit of that.

I'm not against western style, and I do like some of the runner ups' work...  it's just when thinking "Blade and Soul", an oriental theme//setting, it would have been nicer if most of the runner ups has a bit of it.
For example, imagine if the duck one is not a duck but a white crane! Dun-dun-dun!!! D= (ah, still funny)

Anyways, someone mentioned live stream on the other post...? I didn't see the live stream, did they show other participant's work?
I wonder how many of the entries actually have oriental style/touch in it.

The winning outfit made me gag. I have no idea why is it that this outfit, the least interesting out of all of them, won. My opinion would be that it would be in last place. I mean, I've just don't like the source it was based off of to begin with, and honestly it looks like such a basic outfit. Granted it takes a lot of skills to draw it out but, if you're going to make something, make it more interesting. This just feels...wrong. Doesn't fit the game to me, doesn't look good, and seems to lack a severe amount of originality. 

I'm not the only one upset by this final verdict, right?

this contest made me so confused....like what are they doing with 2 wonderland outfits? are they making them region locked? are we getting both? did they even realize the winner  entry is a collage and one of the runner ups is the almost precise copy of the indian american outfit  that's in game? like do they even know the full outfit roster?

The contest rule is confusing.

The winning choices/ selections is conflicting.

I supposed the rule stated that " ...fitting the theme and style of the Blade & Soul aesthetic.", most of us take it as BnS = Asian or a costume fits all classes = create something if not all, but some parts with oriental touch to their costume design.
But the selections choices turns out to be something away from BnS-themed style.
I don't know about u guys, only 4.5/11 of the selections, imo, fits the BnS theme...

Perhaps that's also why a lot of people strongly against the Alice outfit?

Alice could be an inspiration. Design could have been different. (like I said, make it oriental version :D :D :D ie, some ruthless empress as red queen, village girl as Alice, Jinsoyun's master-type of outfit person as the white queen character thingy)

When they upload the other entries on their fb page, let's post the ones we like here too :3

Archived