Jump to content
Forums

FM Ability damage calculator


Recommended Posts

I created this FM ability damage calculator. You simply enter your AP and Crit Damage% and it will tell you how much each of your abilities do (At max damage, since each ability has a # - # range. So it'd be the second number). This is mostly just for fire/burn build users. If there's more you'd like to see, let me know and I can include that as well. 

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ExY2S0CfPmOsCS8twinT_XwArD6V9gmPx729XStsW-k/edit?usp=sharing

Edited by Nabzy
Link to post
Share on other sites

Nice spreadsheet, though there is an error in wind storm damage calculation. I have pointed out what the error is in detail in your multiple blaze thread. But to briefly sum it up. When wind storm condition is met, the damage isn't 2 * 3.5 * AP, but should be 3 * 3.5 * AP, because the second additional damage component is applied twice, on both hits.

Edited by Racingwind
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/5/2016 at 9:16 AM, Nabzy said:

I created this FM ability damage calculator. You simply enter your AP and Crit Damage% and it will tell you how much each of your abilities do (At max damage, since each ability has a # - # range. So it'd be the second number). This is mostly just for fire/burn build users. If there's more you'd like to see, let me know and I can include that as well. 

 

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ExY2S0CfPmOsCS8twinT_XwArD6V9gmPx729XStsW-k/edit?usp=sharing

After looking through the spreadsheet in more detail there are a couple errors in the calculations, and one fundamental one that makes the whole spreadsheet giving incorrect numbers.

 

Firstly the fundamental flaw in the sheet is that your assumption in regards to the dragonblaze buff. Your formula is multiplying by 1.04 and then adding 100. This is incorrect. The tooltip for burning soul is very vague, but bnstree has one that is much clearer.

 

" Increases the efficiency of fire damage gear by 40% and then increases it by 100 on hit with Dragonblaze "

 

As you can see, it increases the efficiency of fire damage gear by 40%, and then add an additional 100 to that value. The fire damage gear value refers to the value listed under your character sheet's "Flame Damage". Since we have no equipment with elemental damage on it, the 40% will do nothing for us, but the additional 100 will, and indeed when you cast dragonblaze, the value will increase to 100 and the flame damage rate will increase to 103.99%. This increased damage permeates the increased flame soul damage resulting in incorrect numbers for all of them.

 

Second, the rest of the errors are all of the same nature, namely how you calculate additional damage in relation to multi-hit skills and they are: Fire Fury, Meteor and, I have previously pointed out, Windstorm which I won't get into.

 

Additional damage for force master applies to every hit of the skill. Ignoring the flat base damage the damage calculation formulas should be.

 

Fire fury hits 3 times, the additional damage is applied 3 times: (4.5 + 1 * 3) * AP = 7.5 * AP

 

Meteor hits 5 times, the additional damage is applied 5 times: (12 + 6 * 5) * AP = 42 * AP

Edited by Racingwind
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Racingwind said:

After looking through the spreadsheet in more detail there are a couple errors in the calculations, and one fundamental one that makes the whole spreadsheet giving incorrect numbers.

 

Firstly the fundamental flaw in the sheet is that your assumption in regards to the dragonblaze buff. Your formula is multiplying by 1.04 and then adding 100. This is incorrect. The tooltip for burning soul is very vague, but bnstree has one that is much clearer.

 

" Increases the efficiency of fire damage gear by 40% and then increases it by 100 on hit with Dragonblaze "

 

As you can see, it increases the efficiency of fire damage gear by 40%, and then add an additional 100 to that value. The fire damage gear value refers to the value listed under your character sheet's "Flame Damage". Since we have no equipment with elemental damage on it, the 40% will do nothing for us, but the additional 100 will, and indeed when you cast dragonblaze, the value will increase to 100 and the flame damage rate will increase to 103.99%. This increased damage permeates the increased flame soul damage resulting in incorrect numbers for all of them.

Thanks. This is partially why I posted this. I wanted to also correct any errors in the spreadsheet. I actually just tried that in game. Dragonblaze does indeed add 100 to the fire elemental buff, and with our current patch, only gives us 103.99% damage instead of the normal 100%. I've changed the 4% to 3.99% (as well as removed the +100 damage) and tested the on-hit multiple hit damaging abilities and added that as well. Thanks. The spreadsheet should be accurate now.

 

Edited by Nabzy
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nabzy said:

Thanks. This is partially why I posted this. I wanted to also correct any errors in the spreadsheet. I actually just tried that in game. Dragonblaze does indeed add 100 to the fire elemental buff, and with our current patch, only gives us 103.99% damage instead of the normal 100%. I've changed the 4% to 3.99% (as well as removed the +100 damage) and tested the on-hit multiple hit damaging abilities and added that as well. Thanks. The spreadsheet should be accurate now.

 

No problem, glad to be of help. Though it appears to not being shared to the public yet.

 

That said, in regards to elemental damage, it would appear that the actual increase isn't the same as shown on the character sheet. When I tried to verify the damage increase, I found that the increase in damage, for the individual fire skills, varies between 103.6% to 103.8%, never reaching above 103.9%. The variations not only is across the different fire skills, but also within individual skills that have multiple damage components like LMB. I have no idea how the game is calculating this, I assume it has something to do with how our weapons throw in the random min-max values and its interaction with the damage increase. At the moment the difference is pretty insignificant, but we will have to see if this error is amplified when elemental damage gear is out, in particular due to the 40% increase from our dragonblaze buff.

 

Or, someone else knows how this is calculated and can enlighten this nub :P

Edited by Racingwind
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 8/6/2016 at 6:48 PM, Racingwind said:

No problem, glad to be of help. Though it appears to not being shared to the public yet.

Sorry about that. I thought i replaced the link with the new one everywhere. The new link posted should be good now.

 

Please either avoid clicking the link in your "Quote" response to me or edit your post and replace it with the new link. Thanks :)

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...