Forums

What do you do when low AP people create or apply to your high AP party?

Windbrand

I honestly couldn't care. If you join a party and don't leave it. You clearly have the confidence that it will succeed. That's good enough for me. Also if worst come to worst I usually have 1 or more clanmates around to carry idiots with. We're even loaded on stuff like SF mass revive charms. So it's never really been a problem. Honestly it's always been a laugh most of the time.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 24. 9. 2016 at 9:48 PM, Susumimi said:

1. How are random strangers supposed to know you're skilled? You think people are going to trust a 400AP player just because he says "he's an expert"?

2. So people are supposed to automatically know your ping the moment you join party?

3. While it's true AP isn't the only thing that matters, unfortunately people in this game don't really have a great attention span. Blame the game for putting the AP in huge letters right in middle of status screen while hiding every other stat in tiny font and dropdowns

AP means damn nothing. Base damage modifier, thats all. It tells nothing lol. And people hold on to it like some deity.

Theres nothing else to hold on, right, and that one is BIG BOLD LETTERS, yes i know. 

Do these ppl - example summoner with 580 pug BSH fastrun 600+++++++++++++++++++ lmao,  do they know?

So true, ran a 4-man Lair in F8 with my 520ap warlock and had some destroyer tell me that I wasn't geared enough for the dungeon. Proceeded to top the DPS meter when the next lowest AP was the destroyer himself at 600 who did so little DPS that his reading on the meter was practically a black bar. Frankly, it seems that the higher the demanded AP is, the harder the creator needs to be carried.

I had few days ago a team of 350-420 ap party in f8 for avalance den, most of them were first time there... wipe for wipe even 2 dragon blood didnt helped for the guys. After 3 tries I gave up and leaved the pt.  Also some dungeion require certain gear and knowledge, especially if team consist of newbys.

I'd like NA/EU to remove the inspection feature sans the selfie pic, making it impossible to tell someone's AP. TW/JP did this yet none of them care about AP and stuff. Really, majority of Blade and Soul's problems are community created; NCSoft has repeatedly stated that none of the legendary-tier equipment currently available are required at the moment.

On 4-8-2016 at 1:49 AM, Windbrand said:

A few scenarios can happen, and I see this everyday:

a) 400AP person creates a party asking for 500+

b) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 400AP decides to join anyways

c) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 540AP joins

What do you do in each situation?

I find it funny why a 400 would create a party asking for 500+, does he think no one's intelligent enough to check his own character info page? Even funnier is if he labels the party "500+, fast run!". I guess he means "fast for me" and "slow for everyone else". Honestly how can someone be this thick? I don't mind people requesting carries, but learn how to make a proper party label, write something like "need help with xx" and drop that retarded 500+ requirement, it's embarrassing.

For the 400AP that joins the 550+ party, 99% a troll, I usually just leave the party if party leader doesn't kick. That's just completely idiotic and selfish. There's a difference between requesting help and leeching from "fast run" parties because you're too lazy to do a "regular run" due to your low AP.

I find nothing wrong with a 540 joining a 550. 10AP doesn't matter the slightest.

A) leave party
B) kick
C) AP doesnt say a thing (I outdamaged a 650 (FM) with 550 ap (WL)

• 2 months later...

Why do some people automatically assume that players with low AP will leech off of the team?

We all have low AP at some point in the game and did we try to leech off of other players? No. We tried out best and kicked butts.

Some people just don't have the gold and appropriate items to upgrade, that doesn't make them any worse. #justsaying

*Sure some low AP peeps take longer to kill bosses, but some damage is better than none

*They can carry their butts just fine in dungeons

Some 650+ peeps don't do shit sometimes.

9 minutes ago, Yun Hwah said:

Why do some people automatically assume that players with low AP will leech off of the team?

We all have low AP at some point in the game and did we try to leech off of other players? No. We tried out best and kicked butts.

Some people just don't have the gold and appropriate items to upgrade, that doesn't make them any worse. #justsaying

*Sure some low AP peeps take longer to kill bosses, but some damage is better than none

You know what the problem is?

We know that there are some people who try their best and are able to finish the dungeon with low ap. The thing is.. the majority of the people with low ap are just plain bad at their class or don't know the mechanics of the dungeon. Setting ap requirements for a dungeon does not guarantee a succesfull run, but it does increase to change for a succesfull run. I've played since release and the amount of succesfull runs with people with high ap exceeds the amount of succesfull runs with people with low ap. 

Thus, setting high ap requirements is understandable. I don't like it either, but it can't really be avoided.

1 hour ago, Yun Hwah said:

I don't know about others but i never dared LFP let alone join a premade room for a dungeon i knew i wasn't qualified for. Which i guess this topic is about premade rooms i'd just say the 'low ap' (Even though some rooms are stupid high requirements, they're qualified and have the right to do so,) can always LFP and not join a room.

As for the topic, A)Not join the room at all. C'mon guys at least ask for your own ap even if its stupid like asking for 583 when you, yourself are at 583. I wont join rooms like that either since its kinda a pet peeve and people like that grate on my nerves.
B)If im the party leader i tend to let one or two lower AP stay as long as its not asura and up dungeons and not 4m. If im not party leader it's up to them.
C)Again that amount of AP is pretty insignificant. AP only really starts to show with 50~100 Difference and crit dmg. So..Why not?

• 3 weeks later...

For places (specifically Nexus, Gloomdross, Asura and Masts), if I see any player at 430 or less, I leave. Because 99% of them are from Yunwa, have 2-3 of the crappiest gems, still wearing the starting HM outfit, no soul and are usually HM 2-6... I don't know if the server is only made up of bots or what, but the past month has been a total nightmare trying to get purple dungeons done for the DC.

I just prefer using the LFP but when it's clear that the queues are full of the above trash, I'll join premades with the lowest AP requirements posted. I won't touch a dungeon I don't know well. I don't mind carrying people if they actually talk, speak english and are willing to listen to instructions, premade or not. I'll occasionally try to join groups if I'm slightly under the requested AP on my FM since she has plenty of crit, crit damage and hit to make up for the 10 AP difference and the mechanics she can cover like Masts or Gloom usually means the party will let her stick around. I refuse to get carried unless my clannies offer and don't mind doing it.

On the rare occasions I make my own, I'll put the minimum AP requirements I think a player should have for that dungeon since those particular dungeons are already easy, I can carry the lower geared guys, they may learn something and the dungeon will barely take more than a few minutes extra.

It's nice to try to give back to the lowbies since I was one too at some point, unless I have a really horrible day and zero patience left. >_>

Well let me say this for all content excluding the newer ones like tomb, EC, and NF can all be done with 500+ap. If recruiting for anything higher than that simply means that you don't know your class well (which I know most people don't). In these 6man dungeons they are extremely easy and you can carry anyone into them. Even in asura I've carried 3 350+ap people with my 671ap in the past. And we cleared pretty easily.

If someone of lower ap joins in and I'm requesting higher sure I don't mind the below 500ap people have it rough. As long as they know mechs everything is fine. 

Now people requesting higher from ap? I've done this once when I was lvling my alt sin that had 550ap and wanted to do EC and requested for 650+. Some came and had 600+ and I didn't mind. The people that came in didn't care about my ap either and just wanted to get the dungeon done and they were farming so we did it a few times without any problems.

As long as people know mechs and know what they are doing with their soul shields ap doesn't matter.

I have 6 characters and yes i get the whole Ap thing but sometimes its ridiculous and also meaningless. my highest character's Ap is i believe 460ish and and face it unless you put money into the game or have a ton of time to farm for materials and gold, raising your weapons and accessories is not easy. Which a lot of high AP players forget a lot. Hell I got my earth-seers to silver-frost now but still need those mats for crucial transformation stones and that is not cheap.

Also sometimes AP don't mean a damn thing, best example was a few days ago when Necropolis was on daily, had a Hm 8 with maybe 100 more AP than me, it was there first time in there, they did not know the mechanics at all. A similar thing happened in the Nexus when a BM with more AP than me blocked the Drill Sergeants drill in the middle of the room, could not Cc at all. if you don;t know the mechanics of a place and are not willing to learn tehm then i say don't complain about someone with lower AP.

Another thing that annoys me i had someone complain about my AP in a dungeon but out of the whole party they died first because they did not dodge thinking they could solo a boss. Also if the dungeon is a lower level dungeon like.. lets say Blackram Supply Chain don't complain because ffs its a min lvl 45 recommended dungeon, you are going to get players who around that level.

Final thing i want to say and it most likely has been said many times before and its also a simple thing to do as well... Don't look for a damn party and complain when you get players who are not on your AP level, just make your own damn room or find one, players post then quite often.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't give a shit as long as his stats (AP, rate & crit dmg) scale fairly well and the AP is enough to actually be a viable asset to the dungeon.

400+ yeti/necro/lair/storage/mandate
500+ nexus/gloom/
550+ masts/asura/tomb/ebon
600+ foundry

When i make a lobby 4 man 600+ and some dude joins with 500+ i don't resort to kicking straight away, i'm 700+ myself atm, and if the other two party members also have 700+ then we should be able to carry the 500+ np. If one of my party members decides he want's to stick with min requirement listed for the dungeon then i simply kick.

Most of the time I set my min requirements like listed above for 6 man.
4 man mode I might add upto 50-100 ap depending on my prefered clearing time and if i'm intrested in carry or not.

I don't have a problem taking new players with me, but I have days where my time is limited. Those days I tend to put up 'hardcore' requirements (read: way over min required to clear) just to guarantee fast runs with min chance for wipes.

Generally I join other lobby's or run with clan members (no min requirements here unless we don't have the power to carry alts or new players)

I have 6 characters and yes i get the whole Ap thing but sometimes its ridiculous and also meaningless. my highest character's Ap is i believe 460ish and and face it unless you put money into the game or have a ton of time to farm for materials and gold, raising your weapons and accessories is not easy. Which a lot of high AP players forget a lot. Hell I got my earth-seers to silver-frost now but still need those mats for crucial transformation stones and that is not cheap.

The reason your max ap is 480 is because you play 6 characters while most high ap players only sticked to one.

You're basicly on the gap between making hard money & easy money.

Gold gets a lot more accesable (spelling?) when you reach 550-600. Considering your opinion on endgame (putting money into it or grinding a lot) I take it you don't have that much time to play. In that case your time would be better spent gearing your main upto 650+ then resort to your alts and gear them further with the money you collect from your main.  Its way faster because you clear things faster and have acces to better rewarding content (especially naksun)

I dont care about ap or gear in general anymore. While doing daily challenge I see so many different people - bad ones and good ones. So called bad destros outdps similar WLs by far and such things. You simply cant judge because of ap or crit or the class. Sure, sometimes you need a specific class or someone wants a WL so badly for every easy dungeon but in the end no one should care about gear too much if you are doing a dungeon you know you can duo it easily with another good person. Most people, no matter if they are below or above 700 ap, do less than 20k dps even with soulburn. Thats what my 500 ap sin does so yeah, I dont care about gear anymore because I have to start the dungeon to see if they are good anyway.

a) I leave the party because this dude wants to get carried (i would stay if he say 400+, even at asura or something like that).

b) If I'm leader 98% if the time i would kick him, because i make much lower AP requirements then most of the other guys. Only if dungeon is easy, but needs higher dps and in party are some guys with great gear, then it's ok too.

c) If he know what to do then even 50 dps less is ok.

4 man dungeons:

For lair, mandate, gloom, cold storage, yeti and ofc all blue ones there's no need for any ap requirement if you're at 600+ ap. Anyway 95% of time only 600+ joins me. I put asura at 550ap, but would be fine with 500 if people have good asura soulshield and 50% crit chance / over 200% cdmg. For masts I want 600+. That's not because lower ap can't do this, it's because I can't carry the whole first bossfight. More damage there means more mechanics will be skipped there and I know low ap and high ap fail both there. If I know that person and know he makes mechanics correctly, 500ap are ok too. Nexus is similar to asura.

Normaly I don't create cita, tombs and foundry parties, but even here I don't leave if party leader means one lower ap (550+ for cita as excample) can stay. Btw I learned how to stealth with sin at the first 2 cita runs with 460 ap (guild run ofc).

d) I started to set people on block list and kick them out of every party who were (1) idiots (chat) in battleground or dungeon, (2) failed very hard (don't know any mech) without speaking and learning or (3) just staying afk. One time I was gloom with sin and I was tank. People flamed me because I didn't pulled the boss behind the purple flower. But in fact marker failed (every single time) and I had to pull over 50m -> impossible if I cannot grab him. So I tanked where boss stands to make some dmg insdead of trying to pull him (like I said, it would be useless). The 2nd sin and this range marker flamed me for that. After 2 wipes bm made marker and bm + me took marker for these 3 beams to kill adds. First try and we got it. After that the other both people flamed me again for my "fails" (i cannot stop laughing at this point) at first two runs. Btw I was fine with that bm, even if I had to tank with lower ap lightning sin, but he did everything else fine.

nowadays... the only dg i put AP req (bout 600) is Citadel and tomb. Can't do Foundry yet but soon.

Rest of DG i either LFP or just announce with more sensible req like "have antidote and stay alive" or "Know mech > AP"   Maybe soon i will do same thing for ebon and citadel.

Hey,

I am one of the new players in this game for two weeks now and could agree that there is going a lot of wrong with searching squads for dungeons in BNS.

I never experienced so much fights and discussion about squad buildings within my last years of MMO history.

The community (not NCSOFT!) making it really hard for new players to join any squad for dungeons they need for further development.

This depends on situation ...

If I hardly find any squad and urgently need this dungeon or people having an open way of communication, I would stay.

If he is just an unserious AP junky without any skill in communication I would probably re-think the decision to join this party.

b) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 400AP decides to join anyways

This also depends on situation ...

Dungeon should be already designed for 400 AP players so that he still is able to provide any value to squad performance.

If leader is not able to find people for this dungeon, its okay to search players with lower requirements.

Also friends or well-known people (e. g. from his clan) should be also welcome;

e. g. by knowing that this person will get detail instruction via TS3 or somehow else to run this dungeon.

For unknown people I would expect that they are announcing the issue about the requirements and skill level from start = fair communication.

Also people should not always only focus "speed runs" but also sometimes welcome a random player -> Networking! ... assisting new players by

adjusting squad joiner request for it.

In conclusion, the AP average should still fit to dungeon requirements to not endanger the full run.

Fairly it should be not so important. I even more wondering about high APs who always complaining about high pings or even not knowing

the mechanics of a boss anymore. So 540 AP could be much more efficient as a 550 AP.

Finally, I would appreciated it, if the communication in general would be more friendly / open and players are more tolerant towards new players.

Cheers,

pll must stop asking high AP and just let them join 

he can do other things for the party to 

but it seems like a very common thing now in most mmorpg 

sample SWTOR must have 230+ gear rating must know tactisch   

but the only way to get better gear is to do those dungeons 

so most players never can get good gear ore you must have a good guild but then again guilds ask also very high gear rating 

so your mostly stuck with your lower gear and cant  do shit 

On 8/4/2016 at 1:49 AM, Windbrand said:

A few scenarios can happen, and I see this everyday:

What do you do in each situation?

I find it funny why a 400 would create a party asking for 500+, does he think no one's intelligent enough to check his own character info page? Even funnier is if he labels the party "500+, fast run!". I guess he means "fast for me" and "slow for everyone else". Honestly how can someone be this thick? I don't mind people requesting carries, but learn how to make a proper party label, write something like "need help with xx" and drop that retarded 500+ requirement, it's embarrassing.

For the 400AP that joins the 550+ party, 99% a troll, I usually just leave the party if party leader doesn't kick. That's just completely idiotic and selfish. There's a difference between requesting help and leeching from "fast run" parties because you're too lazy to do a "regular run" due to your low AP.

I find nothing wrong with a 540 joining a 550. 10AP doesn't matter the slightest.

Main thing is, everybody needs to start somewhere. 
In all of the games that I have ever played, I've always either helped lowbies myself, or suggested them to find a clan instead. 
There is nothing wrong with wanting help, especially because this game is intimidating to be new and clueless and alone in.

You have the right to decline lowbies if you just want to climb, but just remember that you were there before.

What I usually do now that I'm kinda geared is 3m nexus with low gear. They both need about 5-8kdps for us to not run into problems. For Asura4 550ap as usual. DT6 I just have to ask for 600+ exp or 650 or ppl will leave as soon as they come. If someone skips asura6 to run Desolate Tomb6 I have to say sry c'mon u being way too lazy but if u have Asura set it's ok if ur a random guy queueing for last boss since I also support weak clanmates gearboost (if they don't ask to be carried). What I hate most is how ppl enter endgame dungeons, all the ap then when inside dungeon stay mute and ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ up the party. Why can't ppl just ask, also DT goes about 2 times faster with a communicative party.

Yeti4 would be a dungeon I'dd take any new lvl 50 with me but I already have my 100+ runs :)

I would like to counter this entire thought process with this:

In my experience, high AP requirements are detrimental to running Desolate Tomb at a reasonable pace.

I tend to...

Expect fails in 700+ parties.  (thought AP could carry you, hue)

Expect success in 650+ parties.  (knows AP can't carry you, hue)

Expect extreme speed clears with no AP reqs on the party.  (knows buffs really make the world go round :D)

On ‎17‎.‎01‎.‎2017 at 10:01 PM, Mirryn said:

I tend to...

Expect fails in 700+ parties.  (thought AP could carry you, hue)

Expect success in 650+ parties.  (knows AP can't carry you, hue)

Expect extreme speed clears with no AP reqs on the party.  (knows buffs really make the world go round :D)

Sounds pretty good and thats true very often. If the group leader kicks a WL or blue buffer because he got some ap less than you want you know that person is stupid as ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ (especially now with the 6 man ap buff).

Archived