What do you do when low AP people create or apply to your high AP party?

Windbrand

A few scenarios can happen, and I see this everyday:

a) 400AP person creates a party asking for 500+

b) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 400AP decides to join anyways

c) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 540AP joins

What do you do in each situation?

I find it funny why a 400 would create a party asking for 500+, does he think no one's intelligent enough to check his own character info page? Even funnier is if he labels the party "500+, fast run!". I guess he means "fast for me" and "slow for everyone else". Honestly how can someone be this thick? I don't mind people requesting carries, but learn how to make a proper party label, write something like "need help with xx" and drop that retarded 500+ requirement, it's embarrassing.

For the 400AP that joins the 550+ party, 99% a troll, I usually just leave the party if party leader doesn't kick. That's just completely idiotic and selfish. There's a difference between requesting help and leeching from "fast run" parties because you're too lazy to do a "regular run" due to your low AP.

I find nothing wrong with a 540 joining a 550. 10AP doesn't matter the slightest.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

a) dont join

b) wait to kick or leave this party

c) ^

i dont care that much about ap because i run the most dungeons with 2 pre's without tool.

but if someone has no time i go to lobby and look for 600+ if here is a guy with 599 i would leave cause i wouldnt join any party either with to low ap.

A) Sure I don't mind carrying them, but if its like asura/gloom/nexus/mast then I might re-consider.

B) If its a 6 man party and not a bot, then sure he/she can stay, I'm sure its rough for new players.

C) Eh just leave it, as long as their close to the AP suggested then its all good.

What about the scenario of a 480 AP asking for 500+?

But anyway, I would treat the above as similar to A, which is just don't join. Why would someone demand that everyone that joins the party must be substantially higher in AP than you, while everyone below is unacceptable when you are in that same level of unacceptability? (Rhetorical question)

B) I'll wait until they kick him/her, otherwise I'll leave.

C) I won't mind.

just join and operate as usual.

A) Well.. that's a morale and matter of dignity.  I assume everyone is mature enough so A scenario would be rare at least for my experience

B and C well pretty much tolerable as long as they don't die or mess mechanics.  

If they are first timer i will explain.

Depends on the dungeon, i dont mind joining just for fun

b) 600AP person creates a party asking for 550+ and a 400AP decides to join anyways

Depends on the dungeon aswel, most likely i would kick them.

10 AP is no world downfall, if his other stats are decent i do not see any point to kick him.

A) If the 400AP is a tanker I would play along and adjust my dps accordingly. If the 400AP is a dps I would leave since a dps class not meeting his own AP requirement is dumb....

B) I would kick him because I have my own reason for asking for specific party. E.g I may be asking for full melee party but a range comes in, what do I do? Kick him of course.

C) I would accept him, the AP requirement is only a guildline. As long as around that range is ok.

A: I leave such parties even if it's 580 asking for 600+. Never ask for more than you have by yourself.

B: If it's my Group, I will kick him. if I'm just a member, depending of the dungeon I would not care. For high dungeons, the Group builder will kick him anyway unless it's a friend of him, than I would leave.

C: Doesn't matter for me, 10 ap is nothing.

1. This depends upon the dungeon.  I tend to wait to see the other stats and accessories of the other players in the party.  If it is a dungeon that we can easily carry the lower AP, I will stick around.  I always ask if they are new or do not know the mechanics.  I will try to explain and help that player out if possible. If that player acts like they want to participate, get better, and isn't just there to get carried... I go along with it.

If there is not enough damage to carry the player, I will explain why I do not feel like sticking around and wasting time.   Many times I will see this type of player KICK out other people with lower AP and lower stats.  When that happens, I get annoyed.  Then I will leave.  I don't like double standards, people wanting to get carried, or being lazy. 

2. This, I would say.... sorry and kick them.  I am polite about it.  But if I make a room wanting a speed run.... I want a fast run.  I don't mind helping out under geared players. I do it all the time.  But I usually I have limited game time. So if  I or clan mates make a room with a specific AP, asking for a fast run...  the lower AP gets asked to leave.   We are polite about it.  But they are removed.

3.  I don't mind if someone is like a bit AP lower. It doesn't make that much of a difference.  I personally never join a room unless I am over what is being asked, just because other people can be picky.  But I don't mind at all, if someone isn't exactly the AP I am asking for.  10-20 AP lower is usually fine.  But then again, when I make a room, I don't ask for huge AP to begin with.  As long as they are in the range of the dungeon requirements, and they know the mechanics... it is ok. 

I always try to be polite no matter what.  I don't mind helping  people.  I help newer players and teach people all the time.  But what I hate is those people who expect to be carried.  They don't participate or try in any way.  I don't mind if someone is new and dies a few times.  At least they are wanting to learn.  I can't stand those that want to be carried though.  No one carried me.  I was part of a clan that would only help certain people- inner circle type of thing.  Then they all got bored and left. Being in a small and empty server, there wasn't many people even willing to carry or help others out. So I watched videos.  I learned the mechanics.   I always made my own rooms and asked for APs around my range.  I never attempted dungeons with stats higher than I had.  No one carried me.  I never wanted anyone to.   Finally about a month ago, I found some decent people, most of us were from empty clans.  So a new one was made.  Now everyone helps each other.  We help lower APs get geared and learn.  But no constant carrying of them.  They learn, they participate,  and then they help out others in the clan.

I only check gear when I LFG for Yeti. If it's not 450+, I leave. Yeti is the hardest dungeon I do, and in my experience it has a better chance of success if it is 450 min for just average players that LFG on a Daily Challenge day.

When I start the parties I do not use my own AP, I use the AP that I believe is perfectly fine, 500. I don't do any hard content, so if someone choses to join with a lower gear, I assume they know their stuff.

I only join the parties when my AP exceeds the required one, even when I am tempted to break that rule. For example, when the other day I saw Cold Storage 550, 5/6 need blue orb, well,  I am 523 and I have it... damn, I wish.... But I just started my own. It's fast enough.

I was never kicked out on recruitment, though I was cutting it very close, as my AP sat at 503 or 504 and I joined the 500+ runs. I know it's technically >500,but I would not take it amiss if I were kicked.

There was the only time ever when I kicked a person from my group - s/he was locked out of the Cold Storage so I could not select it on the dungeon list because of that, and s/he was not responding to chat.

Overall, I look at the AP requirements people put in as an estimate of what most people have now on average. I saw it slowly shift from 500 towards 550, and now it is moving from 550-580 towards 600. It gives me an idea on how much behind the pack I am and when I can expect not to be able to do a Daily Challenge any more if I don't upgrade & learn new dungeons.

For scenarios a and b, depends on mostly if it's Moonwater or Silverfrost dungeons we're talking about. 400 AP is good enough for Moonwater ones, so anything extra is more for the convenience of getting it done faster, not because it's actually necessary to get it done at all. For Silverfrost, though... it gets a lot iffier. For things like Lair and maybe Mandate and Necropolis, it's often fine. It's from Cold Storage, Avalanche Den and onwards that you'll need better stats... or hope the rest of the party has these higher stats to compensate and are willing to basically carry the 400 AP people... which isn't really an option for the harder dungeons. For these, the 400AP people have no business attempting them. Get to 450-500 first and then I may reconsider. It takes some days of dailies and playing the market to get there, it's not as bad to get it done as it was in earlier times.

For scenario c, I'd be fine with letting them in. For one thing, I'm at 543 AP but my other stats are good enough for everything (crit at over 50% at freaking last, accuracy at a bit over 120% and crit dmg at 198%... and I don't think it calculates the extra 7% from Asura set), so it'd be hypocritical of me to not want them in since I usually am allowed in 550+ parties. Other party members will more often than not will have higher AP to compensate anyway and even if it wasn't the case, 10 AP or less of difference generally isn't such a big deal.

When I do make premades, I nearly always ask for AP around my own. While I could and sometimes have asked for 450 or 500 in some cases, it did take me a while to get where I am and I take my time to increase my AP, so I think it's reasonable enough to keep requesting AP around mine and higher rather than lower. Unless it's Moonwater, in which case I don't really mind going LFP for these, except maybe for Labyrinth.

16 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

If it's a huge gap difference of 50 AP or so, I would call them out because they're being dishonorable and expecting to be carried. If their AP meets the requirement, but their crit damage is abysmal, I will also call them out for it.

LOL I have seen so many people with the same garbage for gear. Even a 620ap destroyer that had a legendary weapon BUT had about the same trash for accessories and shield.

If it's yeti, asura or sundered nexus I useally look at their soul shields. If they have at least 3 of the soulshields that belongs to the dungeon we are doing, then they useally know the mechanics. I prefer having a 500 ap guy with 5 asura soul shields then a 600 ap guy who has none.

A) I don't join. If it states that the person requests to be carried or he's being carried by someone else (or sometimes he's the one that has appropriate AP but carrying someone that doesn't), I will reconsider

B) I'll leave, unless the host mentions that he's trying to carry the 400 AP person, then I will reconsider

C) I'll look at their critical damage and chance, and for Asura i'll look at their accuracy as well. If it's acceptable then I'll stay.

On 8/4/2016 at 4:49 PM, Windbrand said:

A few scenarios can happen, and I see this everyday:

What do you do in each situation?

I find it funny why a 400 would create a party asking for 500+, does he think no one's intelligent enough to check his own character info page? Even funnier is if he labels the party "500+, fast run!". I guess he means "fast for me" and "slow for everyone else". Honestly how can someone be this thick? I don't mind people requesting carries, but learn how to make a proper party label, write something like "need help with xx" and drop that retarded 500+ requirement, it's embarrassing.

For the 400AP that joins the 550+ party, 99% a troll, I usually just leave the party if party leader doesn't kick. That's just completely idiotic and selfish. There's a difference between requesting help and leeching from "fast run" parties because you're too lazy to do a "regular run" due to your low AP.

I find nothing wrong with a 540 joining a 550. 10AP doesn't matter the slightest.

1. That's a bit strange. If I am a 400AP, I would ask for 400+

2. Depend on the lobby owner. I sometimes let some people who are lower than my AP requirement to join.

3. That is still acceptable IMO. I would let that person join.

When I create lobby, if it's BSH, BSC, Naryu Lab, or other dungeons in this Moonwater region, I usually allow 400AP+ to join me

Silverfrost dungeons, I usually put 500+ but if a 450 want to join, I will still let him in.

they think they are clever 463 and 401 recruit 500+ and he say he got all orbs so he can what he want, talk about scam, Fraud, False info, Such idiots think they fools ppl, well

i dont mind carrying lowbies, yesterday did CS with full of 400+ and finished

A. Without any logical reason for why one decided to so, I will leave. But unlikely for me to join since I despise people that discriminate others of his level.

B. Upon party agreement to carry one, assume that the criteria to clear one dungeon is more than enough, I can go along with it, assume that I'm in no rush.

C. Most of the time, I will just accept it without voicing it out.

AP isn't everything, just saying. Been to a Shattered Mast 6 man 580+ party and failed twice, everyone left except me. Recruit players, all of them are 400 to 500, cleared in a single attempt, faster than the original party to be honest.

C. I asked for 500+ for Mandate and a 420 joined he said he doesnt want loot just the gold from daily and i said sure..

idk wether he was new or not but he knew what he was doing he didnt die,he timed his iframes well etc... anyway in dungeons like CS/Yeti/Mandate i wont mind if 1-2 members in 6 man are loooow AP but the rest yeah well if i ask for 550+ and a 520 joins i wont kick him [as long as his crit and crit dmg are decent enuf] im not a d**k lawl.

Regarding A. If u dont have the same amount of AP as the one you're looking for you just dont do it u literally ask to get carried im against it and i call that out in F8s region chat.

9 hours ago, Zerecas said:

A. Without any logical reason for why one decided to so, I will leave. But unlikely for me to join since I despise people that discriminate others of his level.

B. Upon party agreement to carry one, assume that the criteria to clear one dungeon is more than enough, I can go along with it, assume that I'm in no rush.

C. Most of the time, I will just accept it without voicing it out.

AP isn't everything, just saying. Been to a Shattered Mast 6 man 580+ party and failed twice, everyone left except me. Recruit players, all of them are 400 to 500, cleared in a single attempt, faster than the original party to be honest.

I find that funny as well. In 6-man shattered with 600+ people seem to forget what the mechanics are. I had to grab 3 flowers at a time just so we can beat the boss and some people died too... it's just odd.

some ppl lfg and leave the pt, they leave pt cause of low ap ppl in the pt, but that is not the real case,

once did yeti one guy came in recruit he had 389AP well i was okay with it, but he left pt in a sec, then all in my pt left, and i left too

then i just lfp and found a pt that low AP was in the pt and he says aha good pt with 500+ i was stuck in Low ap noobs,

and i was like wow he is low AP and he seeks high AP Party only, Decided not gonna help these noobs and i just exit the game, and went to eat,

And here why AP Rage timer shiits should be removed

me and my friend cant fking solo this cause of AP Timer, and we were taking training with it, it is not like we did cores, there were low AP ppls, and they sucked then they left, he was tanking a lot so i decided to teach him the stuffs ik about this gloom boss

Archived