About the BnS

Deinmar

I'd like to start with apologies for my English. I'm not a native English speaker so don't be mean.

Before I start I have to say that I'm a veteran in MMORPG. I have been playing WoW since Burning Crusade extension came out. I also tried a lot of other games of this genre.

First of all I want to say a few words about the game. So far I love this game!

Good stuff:
1. The world is beautiful,

2. Combat is just amazing compare to other MMOs, ( The animations are very good, if you will take a close look on other games you will notice that)

3. Difficulty is on the good level (you can actually die in this game by mobs...for instance I can't die in WoW, not anymore, infinite mana and hp regen +1000% per second makes you a God)

4. Interface is friendly and not annoying like in the Black Desert (too much annoying stuff is going on on your screen while you're playing BD)

5. I love the character creation stage (when you don't have to pay to unlock all the hairdos and stuff like in some other F2P games)

Some minuses:

1. Not enough players

2. Matchmaking Arena System (when you're being 47 lvl and the game puts you against 50 HM 6)
3. Lack of individuality in the game and no, I'm not talking about the outfits and all these things that makes your character look different and unique. I'm talking about the whole thing when you getting the weapon at the beginning of the game and you have to go with it through the rest of the game. All this stuff looks the same and consumes the same offering. It would have been good if you could chose the weapon, when you can decide what kind of a stats you want your weapon to have. (And yes, I know that this isn't gonna be changed bcos it's a core of the game but I had to say it)

Some little suggestions:

1. Housing! The most funniest and beloved stuff in the MMOs. Everyone likes to have their own little farm with a house, some land where you can grow stuff. (Archeage, WoW WoD, Black Desert)

2. Do NOT reduce to the WoW level. They have ruined their game bcos of the fact that they wanted to attract more newbies. Evantually they have lost almost 3 mil. players because the game went to s***! It's incredibly easy and after a few weeks you don't wanna play it anymore...which is sucks...

3. Once more about an individuality part. It would have been cool if you could add a few more branches in upgrading your equipment. Like to give to people some freedom.

4. Keep making content! Don't spoil this great game. There's so much stuff you can add and improve in this game.

Please leave your comments, maybe I was wrong at some point. And maybe there's some things that I don't know about this game yet.

Or just leave a comment about things that you guys want to see in this game in the future!

Thank you for your attention!

In arena only the HM skills bring difference. Otherwise it doesn't really matter if you get to fight against even HM10 (if they don't have HM skill) since both of you are at pretty much at same level. Arena is equalized to certain point.

Only option with weapon/gear you get is in legendary stage where you have two paths to go. Other than that the game mainly focuses in tactics and skill play than pure stats. I am not saying that stats aren't important. In later stages once you gain more AP and can do all the current content (500 AP should be enough atm to do all the content) the mechanism knowledge and party communication (which atm doesn't even happen) will and should play major role as no one will know what others think if no one says a word.

Once you hit certain lever (around 50 HM1-5) you will start meeting the problem of AP and material gains. Items that are necessity for upgrades are only obtainable through end game content that is filled with 600+ AP players and so called elitist who demand and make custom for dungeons that what AP is appropriate. People expect newbies to be dungeon experts even on their first dungeon run which I find super ridiculous.

Even with the flaws in the game and toxic behavior (expect to see comments of "stay away" and "just quit before you even start") I hope you will find the game fun and enjoyable! Welcome to aboard!

To comment on your minuses:

1. Not enough players?!......Take some from my server its way too many since the server merge...

2. Kinda meh

3. The game focuses on skills, not stats, everyone has the same weapon and same stats, it depends on your skills to win and not get gear carried.

And i am at a definite NO for housing. If you want housing there is Archeage to play. And the equip should stay the same for everyone. The only branching out we will get is elemental damage.

4 hours ago, Grimoir said:

3. The game focuses on skills, not stats, everyone has the same weapon and same stats, it depends on your skills to win and not get gear carried.

This is NOT League of Legends! Think about it! If it's not about the gear and equip. than why make MMO? MMO stands on equipment and gear, otherwise it's stupid O_o But I know whatcha mean - skills matter.

2. Kinda meh

I was lvl 47 and game have decided to put me against 50 HM6 sooo...what chances i had?

And i am at a definite NO for housing. If you want housing there is Archeage to play

Apparently your have no idea how to have fun in MMO...your so boring...go play some LoL

36 minutes ago, Deinmar said:

I was lvl 47 and game have decided to put me against 50 HM6 sooo...what chances i had?

Actually, plenty. When I play against certain classes in high thirties they can take me down very easily, and sometimes I can put down HM10s. And that's coming from a noob in a Silver Tier who doesn't get to play Arenas. Particularly the folks who secured a lot of the HM skills back when they were available on level 45, they certainly have the advantage, let alone quite a few players actually came over from the Asian servers so they have years, not months of experience on someone who started in NA.

When you get into an arena in bronze/silver, particularly early in the season, neither the class, nor the level of your opponent is any indication of what's going to happen. Heh, I was mistaken pretty much every time I let myself think: "Look, Warlock! EZ win" or "Oh, sh***t. BM. Might as well open my legs a little wider and try to enjoy it...."

14 minutes ago, Deinmar said:

Apparently your have no idea how to have fun in MMO...your so boring...go play some LoL

I do, and i also know from all the games i played everytime people ask for player housing well guess what there are games that have it, so...if you really need it to have fun thats where you can have fun with it.

I have loads of fun in bns and i do not need player housing for it. Same as some say "lets have a marriage system" thats also something i hate on games (i do understand why some players ask for it, and i understand why they ask for housing but i personally do not like it)

34 minutes ago, Deinmar said:

This is NOT League of Legends! Think about it! If it's not about the gear and equip. than why make MMO? MMO stands on equipment and gear, otherwise it's stupid O_o But I know whatcha mean - skills matter.

Strong gear is good to have, but if someone with half your Attack Power and defensive stats is able to clear the dungeon and you can't it's easy to tell who's bad at the game.

PvE actually gets lots of potential when you make the dungeons heavy on skill, being able to kill endgame bosses simply because you have overpowered gear in less than a minute just makes the game boring after a while. It feels nice having to do something other than melt the boss's HP meter in order to kill it like with Charged Iruga or Angler Yeti. Such a simplistic burn approach to bosses like from other MMOs will turn you into Naksun's next victim by the time you somehow get to floor 15 in the Mushin's Tower solo instance.

If you make this game dependent on gear, you risk it becoming of the faceroll variety (that is you need very little skill in order to do anything and everything). Balance is why this game has any potential for success in the first place.

The Hongmoon weapon you get at the beginning of the game eventually transforms into the legendary Seraph's or Baleful weapons anyway (and yes, you do choose which one it becomes), you have the option to change your weapon's appearance at any time if you really don't like the default looks.

You do have some interesting control over your gear when it comes to your Soulshield, though. You need 8 pieces in total and can mix/match to your heart's content

I've seen players as low as level 45 make short work of players as high as Level 50 with Hongmoon Level 8 in a tag match simply because they show a deep understanding of the class. It takes time but it's very possible, don't expect a lot of arena wins on your first time there.

On 04/08/2016 at 1:19 PM, Deinmar said:

You do realise BNS is very and i mean VERY different than your typical MMO RPG, we dont even have the holy trinity... Please dont compare BNS to something like WOW. And srsly what is it with ppl and housing in MMO's??? i wanna kill stuff in an mmo not grow some potato monsters.

BNS is something NEW i guess, i call it an mmo rpg cuz there is no other name for it but i think games like bns and bdo should get a classification of their own, out of the box type of mmo with no holy trinity is what those 2 games are.

14 minutes ago, QueenOfBlades said:

You do realise BNS is very and i mean VERY different than your typical MMO RPG, we dont even have the holy trinity... Please dont compare BNS to something like WOW. And srsly what is it with ppl and housing in MMO's??? i wanna kill stuff in an mmo not grow some potato monsters.

BNS is something NEW i guess, i call it an mmo rpg cuz there is no other name for it but i think games like bns and bdo should get a classification of their own, out of the box type of mmo with no holy trinity is what those 2 games are.

The attraction of housing for me personally was the functionality. Particularly when it is guild housing. In another game we had someone who liked decking out the halls, and since we were a casual guild, we got tons of decor while running, and dropped into the guild bank for the guy to keep the stronghold awesome. It had all the amenities, and it was free to get there, people could meet up there, had duels for gear drops ties, so, very, very convenient. 

As as the game matures, it is good to have a relaxed content and added incentives to run old content, such as decorations for housing.

My own stronghold, well, I just got my kid to decorate it, I am too lazy to do it. ?

eDIT: in terms of roles, BnS just eliminated dedicated healers, going for dps with self-heals instead. Tanks are just as prominent in BnS as in a trinity games. I miss healing, tbh, as it was my favourite role.

Same opinion on the healing!!! TERA Priest was the funnest ive ever had in an MMORPG and tbh the guild castles werent so bad, but my own and a farm.... no please. BNS is nothing like the holy trinity games with crapy tab targeting, the fact that bns has no trinity imo is cause of the combat system we have. you can literaly do most dungeons without geting once because of this combat system. Altho on the other hand i sometimes think that bns developers were just too lazy to implement healing in the game which is actualy really hard to do. A game without healers is much easier to make and as bns is so pvp focused the dps would have to lowered to the lvl of the healers or vice versa.

2 minutes ago, QueenOfBlades said:

Same opinion on the healing!!! TERA Priest was the funnest ive ever had in an MMORPG and tbh the guild castles werent so bad, but my own and a farm.... no please. BNS is nothing like the holy trinity games with crapy tab targeting, the fact that bns has no trinity imo is cause of the combat system we have. you can literaly do most dungeons without geting once because of this combat system. Altho on the other hand i sometimes think that bns developers were just too lazy to implement healing in the game which is actualy really hard to do. A game without healers is much easier to make and as bns is so pvp focused the dps would have to lowered to the lvl of the healers or vice versa.

My most favourite characters to play ever was the operative/scoundrel healers in SWTOR, even though they were not The best healing class. But just... Fun. 

Someone always tanks in BNS. the runs in my experience are far better when it is actually a tank that is experienced enough to keep the boss on him, steady and cc it. Honestly, I sometimes think I can spot a guy who mained a tank from trinity games a mile off.

Healing in in this game would be very hard because your essential skil is to triage and deliver healing precisely. Targeting friends in BnS, I am not sure how to even do it properly, it is a hit and miss for me for cat ressurects. 

Archived