Why do some blade dancers still choose seraph?

Demi832

As a sin, I will be going for the seraph path too. This because of the cooldown reduction on the poison breath. This will help me keep the poison stack high and thereby deal more damage. I prefer this over an additional damage simply because it suit my rotation. I don't know about the proc you talk about but at higher stages (stage 6 = 30% cd reduction, stage 7= 4x% cd reduction) it becomes really handy. For example, BM get this CD reduction on the Blade call which is their main source of damage.

All this is subjected to the tast and rotation of each player and each chooses the weapon path that he/she see fit.

well, for baleful it says:

On hit, triggers spirit of darkness

Triggers additional damage equal to x% of attack power

Resets cooldown of all skills after 10 stacks

sunder damage increased by x%

and Seraph says:

On hit, triggers spirit of light

when hit triggers x hp recovery

Resets cooldown of all skills after 10 stacks

flicker damage increased by x%

so i heard its harder to get 10 stacks with seraph than baleful because you have to be hit unlike baleful that you have to attack to get a stack with a % of it actually getting a stack

Nah, Good players dont need Cooldown reset coz perfect rotation xD

BD most likly use Lighting Build .. i got a rota where i never leave that drawstance ... not even use KR skills yet still cant wait them tho...

So for me who never use Sunder if i go serious and use my full dps build... seraph will do more dmg coz flicker %... and i need no reset...

And when seraph only reset in an emergency = when u get hit multi times and struglle coz of ping or whatever... or a monster zerg hits u very often u can reset your skills then...

and u also get healed... not sounds to bad for me.. also...... ehm seraph is to hot to ignore... baleful ugly XD

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/5/2016 at 6:29 PM, StellaNoxFleuret said:

Nah, Good players dont need Cooldown reset coz perfect rotation xD

BD most likly use Lighting Build .. i got a rota where i never leave that drawstance ... not even use KR skills yet still cant wait them tho...

So for me who never use Sunder if i go serious and use my full dps build... seraph will do more dmg coz flicker %... and i need no reset...

And when seraph only reset in an emergency = when u get hit multi times and struglle coz of ping or whatever... or a monster zerg hits u very often u can reset your skills then...

and u also get healed... not sounds to bad for me.. also...... ehm seraph is to hot to ignore... baleful ugly XD

so u're one of those bd that stays in draw stance as long as u can without refreshing electric surge so good.

On 2016-08-20 at 8:35 AM, tapsomebong said:

so u're one of those bd that stays in draw stance as long as u can without refreshing electric surge so good.

If you didn't need to CC or iframe with something else than sidestep/backstep, there really was no reason to leave draw stance, if you weren't specced for wind, (which means you weren't specced for V lightning), draw stance dealt more damage, even without animation canceling with F. Now that we have grip RMB to replace V, you can actually spec for wind focus without losing much on lightning build. Now if we could just get a useful version of X draw stance, we could have permanent up-time on electric surge.

Baleful is better, hands down. Also, flicker mashing with no electrocute up is awful. you're not even resetting flaming scourge CD very well doing that. The new optimal DPS build for BDs is to spec V for your daze, 2 to multislash, Z for whirling scourge, grab RB for whirling scourge CD 18 second reduction, X for skyward slash, and finally wind focus. You spam the shit out of auto-crit rolling typhoons with whirling scourge up (RB til 3 wind stacks, pop Z, then mash RB>F over and over - if you run out of wind stacks during scourge, use X to instantly refill, and keep going with RB>F). Multislash once after each typhoon combo for some more CD reduction, then either get into your grab or draw stance. Either one of those will put your whirling scourge CD back up. Rinse and repeat. You wind up being able to whirling scourge typhoon combo every 18-24 seconds.

Archived