NA Ranking Chart (July to August)

Zerecas

axii6b.jpg

14xzdky.jpg

Should've mention ending at August instead of 'As of'.

Anyway, took me an hour to do this quick, the ranking data was taken an hour before the maintenance started.

Data from NA version only.

*On the first graph, vertical or Y axis is amount of players, horizontal or X axis is rating itself.

*The rating gap is 49 or 50 in points, in each category. e.g. 1976 - 2025

*The class colour and classes' name are sorted in order accordingly.

*Summoner has hit 20 pages of class ranking board and capped the last page.

Additional information.

Overall Top 50 ranking board.

10 Destroyers

9 Assassins

8 Blade Dancers

8 Summoners

4 Warlocks

3 Soul Fighters

3 KungFu Masters

3 Force Masters

2 Blade Masters

Total: 50

..Surprised to see Warlock on the middle way.

*Ratio of highest and lowest in Top 100 = 10:3

*Ratio of highest and lowest in Top 50 = 5:1

(Am I doing this right?)

Way cool! Love the graphs! Basically the story the class distribution tells is that four classes are much better than the other 5 as dueling classes and that Summoners are a preferred class for dueling in PvP, however is not a successful class for toping the leaderboards.

Your statistical sample becomes too small once you start breaking them down in the categories above the 2025 to make a distinction if it's a class or it's a talented individual playing it that is more of a decisive factor. We also do not know if any of the top alts are owned by the same player (which is common).

All that is missing is the Top Three so we know the coolest names :) I guess now I need to look it up. Damn, it is not as interesting when it doesn't show the Faction.

Thumbs up on the work well-done!

Damn, now I miss my silly fan-girl times watching the Leaderboards. :)

9 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

-

Thanks.

I expect Soul Fighter to rise on rank in this new season since this class has only got released in the first month, there should be more players who getting used to it by now.

Different classes owned by the same player should be fine since its different class after all, not a duplication in the same class. It's only problematic to an extent if its multiple of the same class owned by a player, by given that these issues won't be limiting to just a class, it could happen to any classes, I suppose we can mostly offset this issue out. Same with win-trading.

The Top 3 are 1. Destroyer 2. Blade Dancer 3. Destroyer.

2 hours ago, Zerecas said:

Different classes owned by the same player should be fine since its different class after all, not a duplication in the same class. It's only problematic to an extent if its multiple of the same class owned by a player, by given that these issues won't be limiting to just a class, it could happen to any classes, I suppose we can mostly offset this issue out. Same with win-trading.

The Top 3 are 1. Destroyer 2. Blade Dancer 3. Destroyer.

Ah, I've meant the actual names as in hero-worshiping part as opposite to an attempted class analysis. I am a bit of a fan, heh. :) As for the same player owning multiple alts, what I mean in such a small sample, player's talent may be more of a factor than the class' dueling potential. I saw the folks that would switch to a FotM class from season to season, to account for class balances and keep the lead, but would still have highest ratings on their old classes as well even though other players by and large stopped doing well on them.  That's why I am saying that I would not be comparing 8 vs 10 or 2 vs 4, as in your comment on a Warlock. I am also guessing that in case of say a Destroyer the familiarity with the class may play a role, as if I am not mistaken it was one of the early bloomer classes that attracted PvPers to start with....

Anyway, good charts, and we shall see if the SFs will get their share of the pie :)

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 3:18 PM, DomiSotto said:

Ah, I've meant the actual names as in hero-worshiping part as opposite to an attempted class analysis. I am a bit of a fan, heh. :) As for the same player owning multiple alts, what I mean in such a small sample, player's talent may be more of a factor than the class' dueling potential. I saw the folks that would switch to a FotM class from season to season, to account for class balances and keep the lead, but would still have highest ratings on their old classes as well even though other players by and large stopped doing well on them.  That's why I am saying that I would not be comparing 8 vs 10 or 2 vs 4, as in your comment on a Warlock. I am also guessing that in case of say a Destroyer the familiarity with the class may play a role, as if I am not mistaken it was one of the early bloomer classes that attracted PvPers to start with....

Anyway, good charts, and we shall see if the SFs will get their share of the pie :)

Oh, I do have the name but not sure if its actually allow post it here, though their IGNs are pretty much on public exposure.

Skill of a player does play a huge role in it but in another way of looking into such matter, it is sort of like a battle between whoever has lower ping as well as the nature of the class itself. But of course, every top rank users are low ping anyway. lol

But anyway, the graph itself also significantly shows something and that is Summoner being the only ranged class that's at least approaching the melee classes in term of overall dominance in Top 100. If the class balance is as good as people said back in CBT forum to months ago, the rank distribution wouldn't ended up with such numbers (6:20?!) 

In fact, I've observed the ranking board in every single season though I didn't make any graph, the ranking distribution isn't much of a difference to be honest.

People often use KR championship as their 'benchmark' but often forgot that our HM levels and class skills aren't on the same patch in the first place. Second is that, a championship only has one winner, that doesn't automatically makes the rest of the classes weak as one X class player on the competition does not represent the entire elite players to begin with. Third, it's not even World Championship. Using KR ranking board is more sound than using KR comp..

On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 1:56 AM, FarenheitZer0 said:

This graph is awesome. I will love to have one for EU.

Anyway, gg.

Thank you,

Unfortunately, I do not have any character in EU server.

I'd hate to spoil this whole chart but...4 of the BDs that were diamond were played by 1 character. This season summoners wintraded most of the ladder because some people didn't think others deserved #1 spot so summoner ladder was a complete mess of wintraders. Soul fighters only are really low back then because people didn't queue because they were afraid to lose their rank because of how inconsistent a lot of us are. Yeah as much as i would love to see the graph is accurate, it's not :/ But i really do love what you did! :D

Unfortunately, I cannot buy any of that statement without any credible source regarding of what you said, I cannot mix in something that is based on an individual perspective onto a factual overall statistic.

What happen to one class can happen to others, there was one dude weeks ago keep saying only Assassin does win trades, am I suppose to trust him on that? Nope.

Archived