Warlock or Force Master

AlmostInfamousz

Greetings all, I am new to BNS and I am really enjoying the Warlock, Force Master, and Soul Fighter. But from what I understand, this game isn't really alt friendly and its better to focus on a main. With that in mind, I'm trying to decide which of these 3 classes to focus on. Which brings me here, I was hoping to get some insight into which of these classes is more solo friendly. I like to group, but I also want to solo bosses and farm mats to sell and things like that. 

Thanks in advance for any insights you're willing to give! 

Between WL and FM

- FM is more "run and gun". Casting is very fast and fluid.  They have some great survivability tools like Veil, Frost Armor, and Frost Sheath.  Very easy to solo with if you know how to kite. Much better single-target DPS. 

- WL is an AE machine.  All core skills are AE, however the general casting of skills are slower, and you are reliant on cooldowns to maximize DPS.  If you're able to gather packs of mobs and AE them down, it can be very efficient, but very slow if you're killing one at a time.  You do have a block which allows you to stand toe to toe with bosses once you get their attack patterns down.

2 hours ago, AlmostInfamousz said:

Greetings all, I am new to BNS and I am really enjoying the Warlock, Force Master, and Soul Fighter. But from what I understand, this game isn't really alt friendly and its better to focus on a main. With that in mind, I'm trying to decide which of these 3 classes to focus on. Which brings me here, I was hoping to get some insight into which of these classes is more solo friendly. I like to group, but I also want to solo bosses and farm mats to sell and things like that.

Thanks in advance for any insights you're willing to give!

It is not necessarily true that the game is not alt friendly per se. What it is unfriendly to is gearing multiple characters past a certain point, about 500 AP atm. But bringing up multiple characters to level 50, and keeping them in mid to high 400 does not take that long and actually may help with some stuff. For example if you cannot get the main quest done on SSP, a mildly geared alt can fetch ss from Mistywood and do a couple of fast quests in SSP (kill sentinels and Tent Boss) to a total of 40 easy and fast soulstones per alt. While you geared main may be hard pressed to get all 80 in the midst of the disorder and under enemy fire in the same amount of time.

The game does not have a deadline any more, so tbh, there is absolutely no harm in leveling all your alts to 50 and picking one to gear up first on the 150 gold you'd get from completing Act 4 for all 3 of them. The rest can do crafting until you ge to them.

Personally, I use a Summoner for simple solos, Warlock for group content and planning to level a few more classes to try them out with keeping my WL as my main. I tried and deleted a Force Master because I do not like how much people expect from them in a party. They are expected to tank and protect everyone while doing a lion's share of the damage. I like a Warlock whom nobody expects anything from but a soulburn.

Force Master rules supreme and lords over everything in the game, but driving a Formula 1 race car is not for everyone.

Warlock has very few defensive moves. You need to kite alot, the best is there are tankers to tank for you so that you can unleash all the big and flashy moves. So i would say choose warlock if supporting others is your style.

Force master has more defensive moves so it is fun because you can choose between kiting or keeping boss in place. If you are the type to adjust your playstyle depending on what your team needs, i would say choose force master. It is especially fun if you have a basic concept of playing a tanker in B&S.

Main - FM, alts - WL, Sum, Dest, SF.

I enjoy my FM because she is pain dealing machine.  Short cast and cd times means you are always dealing damage.  She regenerates focus very rapidly so I don't have to wait to use an ability like I do with my Destro.   She has excellent defenses both individually and for a group. But mostly she fits my preferred ranged play style.  I tried a KFM but ended up deleting her and replaced her with a SF which I'm having a blast with.  My sum is a nice backup for my main and has been rather profitable both as a crafter and fighter.  I leveled up my WL but she's been a bit of a disappointment from my FM eyes.  The slow cast time and long cd just don't feel "right" and she has next to no defenses.  She is now relegated to crafting.

So from a biased point of view I'd recommend a FM from the 3 that you listed.  

WL has the best buffs in the game(soulburn/time Distort), great AoE clear, good heals once you have a few skill points to use, and a block with a CD lower than its duration. so those who say it has no defenses are wrong, it does have fewer Iframes though, so red skills are harder to deal with, but can get you resets. With a few HM skills under your belt you can also deal the same or more damage than an FM. WL however has low CC, and can only have one double CC, as all the double CCs rely on you speccing your x and another skill to the same one, and the other skill typically has an annyoing condition (thrall out for stun, just blocked for KD, lots of damage lost for daze). Most builds will end up ignoring the only cast time longer than 1 second as well, either by using the alternative skill, or by getting a bunch of ways to instant cast it.

FM has amazing utility with ice armor, sheath, divine veil, and two easy double CC (stun, and either daze or KD). As far as I am aware HM skills aren't really needed like they are for warlock, though they do help. one disadvantage I have felt with FM while leveling mine is low healing, and the AoE has bad damage/focus ratio. the lack of a block or counter also made me not like them as much for leveling.

All in all, if you are planning on putting more time into the game I suggest warlock for offense and soulburn/Time Distort, or FM for defensive utility with lower max damage.
If you don't plan to play as much, or wont be getting HM skills for some other reason, FM will definitely have more damage, and I wouldn't suggest you play warlock.

Archived