Of Male Yuns, New Class, and New Race

DomiSotto

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, xCandyBear said:

How yun's procriate if they don't have males? 

Parthenogenesis or gynogenesis. Aka virginal conception or conception when stimulated by different species but without contribution of genetic material. Or the allmighty chi. 

14 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Parthenogenesis or gynogenesis. Aka virginal conception or conception when stimulated by different species but without contribution of genetic material. Or the allmighty chi. 

Or futas XD ... I still find my answer to this mystery a lot more funnier. Also, what are the odds that the korean devs thought of something incredibly bright instead of something that is part of their culture? (Oh yes, I can be deeply mistaken, since I don't really know the diference between japs and koreans)

3 hours ago, xCandyBear said:

How yun's procriate if they don't have males? 

Always went with the idea they bred with Jin/Gon/Lyn and if they had a girl, it was Yun, if it was male, it was the same as the father.  Possibly the girl having a 50/50 chance of being either Yun or father's race.

In game we see, what, two yun?

3 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Always went with the idea they bred with Jin/Gon/Lyn and if they had a girl, it was Yun, if it was male, it was the same as the father.  Possibly the girl having a 50/50 chance of being either Yun or father's race.

In game we see, what, two yun?

Jinsoyun is a yun

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Juwol seems to be listed as Yun, even though she looks more like a Gon.

Juwol is definitely a Gon. She stands and moves like a Gon anyway....though she's a BM, so idk. Definitely not a Kun to me.

The short and chubby bamboo guard FM is a Kun. Also many of the Earthseers are Kuns as well.

18 minutes ago, Brand X said:

That would be one of the two I mentioned, the other Jiwan.  Is there any other NPC Yun?

Juwol seems to be listed as Yun, even though she looks more like a Gon.

i was also thinking that a perception that Yuns do not have males of the species can come from something as simple as the Yuns not growing facial hair (as traditionally ascribed to the tolkien-inspired elves). They would just look like Tom-boyish and flat-chested females to the manly men of the remaining species, particularly if they rarely venture outside the Yun homeland.

Lyns' gender is not easy to tell at times either.

2 minutes ago, Brand X said:

That would be one of the two I mentioned, the other Jiwan.  Is there any other NPC Yun?

Would be awesome if later in the story maybe a lvl 55 or 60 zone way later.  They could make a yun village like they did with brightstone!

9 minutes ago, Brand X said:

Really?  I thought she was a Gon or Jin.  Where is she listed as a Yun?

So did I, but Wiki lists Yun. At a guess she'd have a standard character sheet in game with her race. Well, at least that's how all old games from Bio/obsi were coded for the Npcs.

• 1 year later...

http://blade-and-soul.wikia.com/wiki/Yun

as for male Yun idk if its a good idea at all you seem to not get the concept that Yun are all female elven race like a Dryad https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dryad and we do need a race specific class its quite possible that  Bard type class would fit the race best .

As for a male Yun i made one up for you .

Presenting   "Justin Bever" 

WE NEED A DEMON RACE with exclusive class darkness control like bring spikes of darkness to attack and other cool looking skills (the would say to you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the ping) but not seriously we need a demon race and a darkness controller the name of the class would be necromancer or something

23 hours ago, soul perisher said:

WE NEED A DEMON RACE with exclusive class darkness control like bring spikes of darkness to attack and other cool looking skills (the would say to you ❤ ❤ ❤ ❤ the ping) but not seriously we need a demon race and a darkness controller the name of the class would be necromancer or something

Gons use to have dragonic form mode kinda close to demon but it was scrapped....

22 minutes ago, silent death said:

this doesn't look like anything from BnS.....it sooo old

but a darkness controlling class would be cool tho

this was one of the 1st game trailers for it in KR. The game was overhauled couple of times already before hitting NA and as for darkness class theres warlock which has a mastery of the spirit realm

49 minutes ago, Ygnizem said:

this was one of the 1st game trailers for it in KR. The game was overhauled couple of times already before hitting NA and as for darkness class theres warlock which has a mastery of the spirit realm

you don't get what i mean darkness class is like a class that can attack with darkness bring spikes of darkness from the ground and skills like hands of hades that take his enemy's hp and to heal his own and stuff like that stuff like how the necromancer would do things(that was my 2nd acc)

Archived