Sign in to follow this  
WarWarWar

Scheduled Maintenance – 8/3/2016

Recommended Posts

@Rukkirii 

 

Below are the list of changes introduced within the update:

  • Routine server maintenance and modifications

 

can you please post the modifications?

every time you post you never say what kind of mods were having, and i feel like ninjas hidden in the games waiting to strike me when i login after an update.

it takes few days to notice what mods have been added to the server, such as loot table changes some changes in drop rates to items, and some added hidden items,

 to npc's etc, i wish if ncsoft share with us what modifications they have done, ninja patches are no fun, please be vocal about the changes that you guys add,

so we are prepared for things when they hit us.

pretty please @Rukkirii   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Nattia said:

they would disclose modifications if they were of any interest to us. 

changing loot tables in dungeons/adding small items to npc's/changing drop rates on stuff etc.

all that is not any interest to us?

ncsoft is known for its ninja patches ppl around here notice these changes after playing the game and exploring

i don't understand why is it too much to put them on when they tell us there is a ninja patch coming 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would like to know why usually the modifications and routine maintenance are usually around 3 hours but this is closer 5 hours. Maybe they want the modifications to be surprise element to show what they decided to do for us. Just like changing market. It simply is too odd now that the item listing ends before the page actually ends. It seems like it should have 1-2 items more listed on each page.  If i remember correctly they were also mentioning that the event outfit should be mailable after today tho.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Oh crap its that day again!

The day we dont play cause after maint hell break loose n we cant play.maint extended inc .

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
12 hours ago, WarWarWar said:

changing loot tables in dungeons/adding small items to npc's/changing drop rates on stuff etc.

all that is not any interest to us?

ncsoft is known for its ninja patches ppl around here notice these changes after playing the game and exploring

i don't understand why is it too much to put them on when they tell us there is a ninja patch coming 

Simply because they dont need to. They can change whatever they want. Even if they would tell you what would that change? nothing if anything it would make people make useless threads in forum and complain more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Simply because they dont need to. They can change whatever they want. Even if they would tell you what would that change? nothing if anything it would make people make useless threads in forum and complain more.

you sure take yourself for granted if you think you don't deserve to be notified by changes made for YOU in the game you PLAY.

with that mentality you will accept anything ncsoft drops on you good or bad, your the customer here you pay for a service and your allowed to give feedback

and yes/no to things you want/don't want.

 

thats why these modifications comes into play to balance the game for the customers needs, but ncsoft has priority for more money to the company

and not the quality of the game, there is a lot room for changes to improve the game for us, ppl are now sick of this and being verbal about it 

cuz ncsoft cares about ncsoft, not these customers who pay and fund them.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
1 hour ago, WarWarWar said:

you sure take yourself for granted if you think you don't deserve to be notified by changes made for YOU in the game you PLAY.

with that mentality you will accept anything ncsoft drops on you good or bad, your the customer here you pay for a service and your allowed to give feedback

and yes/no to things you want/don't want.

 

thats why these modifications comes into play to balance the game for the customers needs, but ncsoft has priority for more money to the company

and not the quality of the game, there is a lot room for changes to improve the game for us, ppl are now sick of this and being verbal about it 

cuz ncsoft cares about ncsoft, not these customers who pay and fund them.

 

 

Actually let me correct you:

 

The fact that YOU decide to PAY for the game is purely your own will. At no point in the game are you forced to do so. So you arent paying for a service, you are just spending money to get some benefits for you.

 

And, i honestly do not really care about modifications they do, you wanna know why?

Simply because regardless what it is we have to deal with it, they will be changing whatever they want, the fact they dont tell about them just removes all the un-necessary drama. Besides i do not see how any change they do hinders you in gameplay. It may affect the progression speed but, wont hinder you min any way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, KanekiKen said:

6BJxHMw.jpg

I hope they feed the poor hamsters enough this week. Seems that when they don't, lag hits big time as the hamsters drop from hunger in their little wheels.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

But think about it guys, if they told us what the ninja nerfs were, they wouldnt be ninja nerfs anymore, they would just be nerfs. NC must be staffed only with ninjas because i feel as though 90% of the changes made to this game are made without the playerbase being told. At this point anyone who thinks that these "modifications" are good for this game is delusional, these changes aren't announced because they screw us, the players, over in an effort to make us pay more money, that is all. The Value that NC places on it's playerbase isnt worth a velvet painting of a whale and a dolphin getting it on, all they see is dollar signs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually let me correct you:

 

The fact that YOU decide to PAY for the game is purely your own will. At no point in the game are you forced to do so. So you arent paying for a service, you are just spending money to get some benefits for you.

 

And, i honestly do not really care about modifications they do, you wanna know why?

Simply because regardless what it is we have to deal with it, they will be changing whatever they want, the fact they dont tell about them just removes all the un-necessary drama. Besides i do not see how any change they do hinders you in gameplay. It may affect the progression speed but, wont hinder you min any way.

as i said, and no offence you take yourself for granted,

you don't need to be like "ncsoft drooped this and that on us oh well its permanent i can't do anything so why bother myself?"

if u live that way you will not get anywhere in life its not just in games this mentality of not dealing with things by thinking it cannot be change is simply wrong

and ppl do pay for a service here and there is a contract binding between you and ncfost, ncsoft is not hosting this game or any other game for the kindness of their heart, its a business there will be no bns if no ppl buy stuff with real cash my friend, ofc you don't have to pay if u think you don't have to but know that others do and thats what keeps a game running, ncsoft is a company they have employees and those employees don't work for free they need money, where is this money coming from? portion of it from investors and players like you or me its a fact, so when the majority of the population don't agree on something,  the company would have to deal with that and make changes but its not the other way around, ppl invest in games and when no one invest enough to keep it going the company is forced to shutdown, but bns is a big game many pl play on NA and EU, and its kinda hard to demand stuff when most paying customers just give in and pay cash for these temptations, rng and what not, trust me if everyone vote on something that need to be changed ncsoft is forced to do it for the cash flow,

 

i did play games that cash player have a say on things that are added to cash shops whats work for them and whats not, the problem in bns is that its on a larger scale its a bigger community thats why its so frustrating when u demand for changes, cuz not everyone on the same page, i know most ppl don't even read forums they just play/language barrier or what not ppl have their own reasons, but anyway if we keep saying we cant do anything then ya nothing will be done,

 

 for example in OGPlanet the company was forced to listen to paying customers and the games are running smooth due to the fact that ppl are aware of their rights in that game

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
5 minutes ago, WarWarWar said:

as i said, and no offence you take yourself for granted,

you don't need to be like "ncsoft drooped this and that on us oh well its permanent i can't do anything so why bother myself?"

if u live that way you will not get anywhere in life its not just in games this mentality of not dealing with things by thinking it cannot be change is simply wrong

and ppl do pay for a service here and there is a contract binding between you and ncfost, ncsoft is not hosting this game or any other game for the kindness of their heart, its a business there will be no bns if no ppl buy stuff with real cash my friend, ofc you don't have to pay if u think you don't have to but know that others do and thats what keeps a game running, ncsoft is a company they have employees and those employees don't work for free they need money, where is this money coming from? portion of it from investors and players like you or me its a fact, so when the majority of the population don't agree on something,  the company would have to deal with that and make changes but its not the other way around, ppl invest in games and when no one invest enough to keep it going the company is forced to shutdown, but bns is a big game many pl play on NA and EU, and its kinda hard to demand stuff when most paying customers just give in and pay cash for these temptations, rng and what not, trust me if everyone vote on something that need to be changed ncsoft is forced to do it for the cash flow,

 

i did play games that cash player have a say on things that are added to cash shops whats work for them and whats not, the problem in bns is that its on a larger scale its a bigger community thats why its so frustrating when u demand for changes, cuz not everyone on the same page, i know most ppl don't even read forums they just play/language barrier or what not ppl have their own reasons, but anyway if we keep saying we cant do anything then ya nothing will be done,

 

 for example in OGPlanet the company was forced to listen to paying customers and the games are running smooth due to the fact that ppl are aware of their rights in that game

 

I do get what you mean but...

 

This is a virtual game...a game for fun...i can keep that apart and thats why minor modifications dont really bother me. Bigger changes, i agree i want to have those listed etc but not the minor ones.

 

And what you say you "pay for a service" actrually you just pay for virtual goods, and its not an actual service, its more towards being a "donation" to ncsoft. Because there is no service they offer you, all you pay for is a few benefits and thats all. It would be different if they required premium to be able to play the game, then yes that would be a service, but just the current benefits not really. The law sees virtual goods completely differently than real ones and oyu would be suprised how little they are actually law-covered.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Grimoir said:

I do get what you mean but...

 

This is a virtual game...a game for fun...i can keep that apart and thats why minor modifications dont really bother me. Bigger changes, i agree i want to have those listed etc but not the minor ones.

 

And what you say you "pay for a service" actrually you just pay for virtual goods, and its not an actual service, its more towards being a "donation" to ncsoft. Because there is no service they offer you, all you pay for is a few benefits and thats all. It would be different if they required premium to be able to play the game, then yes that would be a service, but just the current benefits not really. The law sees virtual goods completely differently than real ones and oyu would be suprised how little they are actually law-covered.

 

 

i also agree with you on minor things that would not affect my gameplay much, but ncsoft is doing stuff that should be called out first beforre implementing them into the game, but they figured how the community works here, ppl just complain and do nothing about it thats why ncsoft don't even bother to put them on or to at least explain why, look how they keep making nerfts and table loot changes in dungeons, and how they killed the UI on marketplace, that was not an upgrade that was a downage its looks so awful and its harder to use, i blame bots, maybe they did this so they screw around with bots selling to the market, but we all know bots do advance with every patch ncsoft releases, that marketplace change bothers me and huge part of this community as well, but "oh  well what can we do"

lol...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
QRob   

I personaly would also like to know what those changes are. I wouldn't really care if they do something that might affect us negatively, I'd just want to know what those changes are. Maybe because I am just curious or something, I don't really know why.

Also, I see some people here saying they don't care about those changes, and those changes are unnecesssary to be told.
I just want to point out something: there are two groups of people. One of those who are not interested in those changes to know, and another of those who would like to know about the exact changes.
If ncsoft lists the exact changes they implement, then the group which doesn't care just can simply ignore reading it, while the other group of people can read them. Actually both groups are satisfied.
If ncsoft does not list the changes they implement, then the group which doesn't care is OK with it, while the other group of people who would like to know about those changes remain unsatisfied.

So, as I see this situation, both groups can be satisfied only if ncsoft would tells us what modifications they make. In this case, I don't understand those people who are still against it. Basically, for those people it doesn't make any difference if ncsoft either tells about the changes in details or not, yet they want the solution which doesn't satisfy those people who would like to know. They want the people who are interested in the changes to be deprived of the ability to know the exact changes. I see only meanness. Toxic community....?

Edited by QRob

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Winner   

I see nothing wrong wasting my time playing games as long as I enjoy it. 

1 hour ago, WarWarWar said:

if u live that way you will not get anywhere in life its not just in games this mentality of not dealing with things by thinking it cannot be change is simply wrong

You worry too much. You wouldn't be able to enjoy the game if you are too worried of whatever you do in life. You wouldn't be able to enjoy living your life if you live that way. Get that obstacle away from your life. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tubby   
1 hour ago, Grimoir said:

Actually let me correct you:

 

The fact that YOU decide to PAY for the game is purely your own will. At no point in the game are you forced to do so. So you arent paying for a service, you are just spending money to get some benefits for you.

 

And, i honestly do not really care about modifications they do, you wanna know why?

Simply because regardless what it is we have to deal with it, they will be changing whatever they want, the fact they dont tell about them just removes all the un-necessary drama. Besides i do not see how any change they do hinders you in gameplay. It may affect the progression speed but, wont hinder you min any way.

Let me correct you..  We pay to support a game we enjoy playing and to keep it running if only by spending small or large sums of money depending on the person.  Guess what happens if we don't pay anymore, game shuts down they lose money it's that simple.  So yes NCSoft does need to bend to the needs of the community in which they are trying to do (failing but trying).  All this guy is asking for is a little transparency between the company and the community what they changed why they changed it wouldn't take to much effort to put that information in and he is not alone in wanting to know this information.  There are other MMO's have not been transparent with their player base like tera and it literally destroyed the game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tubby   
Just now, Grimoir said:

Actually tera was very diligent is communicating things. The game is still pretty much alive what killed it a bit was the fact that a lot of the changes made were stupid as hell and most players left when BnS came out.

No, they were not until the "letter to to community" after many left and quit and went apeshit on the forums giving it 10k downvotes.  The game is a hallow shell of what it use to be.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
14 minutes ago, Tubby said:

Let me correct you..  We pay to support a game we enjoy playing and to keep it running if only by spending small or large sums of money depending on the person.  Guess what happens if we don't pay anymore, game shuts down they lose money it's that simple.  So yes NCSoft does need to bend to the needs of the community in which they are trying to do (failing but trying).  All this guy is asking for is a little transparency between the company and the community what they changed why they changed it wouldn't take to much effort to put that information in and he is not alone in wanting to know this information.  There are other MMO's have not been transparent with their player base like tera and it literally destroyed the game.

Actually tera was very diligent is communicating things. The game is still pretty much alive what killed it a bit was the fact that a lot of the changes made were stupid as hell and most players left when BnS came out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Grimoir   
8 minutes ago, Tubby said:

No, they were not until the "letter to to community" after many left and quit and went apeshit on the forums giving it 10k downvotes.  The game is a hallow shell of what it use to be.

The only reason that letter got the downvotes was players wanted new content and they said no and delayed it. That was what everyone said in that thread that was made apart from the producer letter. But lets leave that behind for now. I play tera still and like it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tubby   
3 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

The only reason that letter got the downvotes was players wanted new content and they said no and delayed it. That was what everyone said in that thread that was made apart from the producer letter. But lets leave that behind for now. I play tera still and like it.

2nd post http://tera-forums.enmasse.com/forums/news-announcements/topics/Whats-What-in-2016?utm_source=newspost&utm_medium=newspost&utm_content=20160113-producerletter_CTA&utm_campaign=tera-news ... this was all based around the lack of information about patch notes and content release but it applies to all aspects of the game.  Consumers want to know what the company is doing to better itself and it should be our right to know because they are sustaining this game from us.  If NCWest does not want to have this game be a complete flop they need to give us more information other than vague answers.

Edited by Tubby

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Youmukon   

Hello!

 

Whenever no Patch Notes are being given for a maintenance it typically means that no change that we judge relevant to the Community were being made. The weekly maintenance is first and foremost an NCSOFT maintenance window and not a 100% dedicated Blade and Soul one. Today's maintenance for example was: a Database routine maintenance, several application restarts and pre-patch to prepare the next PvP Season. There was also some NCSOFT Platform changes. None of that is visible to players and affects gameplay hence why we do not release further information.

 

We will never communicate widely on certain things that get fixed under the hood such as any potential security risk for our servers that gets patched, any exploit that wasn't discovered by the public yet and so on. Likewise for minor bugs being invisible for the end users. This is a pretty standard practice. Sometime we pre-patch content that has yet to be announced, in that case obviously we won't be able as well to document changes. Content added but remaining "dormant" (i.e. invisible to players) should be documented the moment it goes live (i.e. visible) and not when it gets added.

 

Last but not least, when it comes to drop rate and the whole paranoia about nerfing them, first of all there's certainly no need for a downtime to adjust some of these things. Second of all, we would notify Community if important changes regarding drops were being made.

 

By all means do not hesitate to call us out if you believe that changes were made but weren't documented properly because most of the time it means that there's a bug / real issue that needs fixing :) And if things are working as intended but weren't documented either, then it's another issue we need to fix on our end in order to make sure we provide everyone with relevant information whenever noticeable changes occur!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this