Floating Island and Hell Island (Moonstone)

Howllo

I keep seeing people tell NCSoft to put moonstone in dungeon, leave bundle, or leave RNG box in transmute. There are two area for moonstone, Floating Island and Hell Island that will solve some of the problems.

Floating Island (Ethereal Battleground) is a faction base area that can give a lot of moonstone, it's that rock floating in the sky in front of Black Skyscraper (The Tower in Background). This place haves 1 main boss with about 26M HP, this guy drops a box that gives 5-6 Moonstone and with a chance to proc, which requires 4 keys. The mini-boss drops a guarantee 1 key, they can also give moonstone. You can also get key fragments, with 3 fragments +50 PP and 1 dragon certificate, you can get more key. The place haves a limit on how many people are in one instance so it not overcrowded.

Another area that gives moonstone is Hell Island (Infernal Battleground), TW still have Hell Island in their version. This place can get you tons of Moonstone, but this place is also a Guild vs Guild (Clan vs Clan). You capture towers and after you capture all them, the other clan is kicked out you fight the final boss. 

Since Floating Island and Hell Island both gives Moonstone this will split the players up. Most of the older players will be in Hell Island and Floating Island, while the newer players will be farming SSP. This will allow the newer character to gear up without it being overcrowded. 

The problem is that the Producer Roadmap doesn't say anything about Hell Island or Floating Island which is a problem for most players, since it so hard to do SSP, and most people can't kill Naksun.

I have a feeling that once it gets released, everyone will go there, leaving the SSP to the bots that just do captures, so it will be hard to get an SSP party going. The community tends to abandon the less lucrative content immediately, and crowd the more rewarding areas. At that point it will probably be good to have a toon on an underpopulated faction.

30 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

I have a feeling that once it gets released, everyone will go there, leaving the SSP to the bots that just do captures, so it will be hard to get an SSP party going. The community tends to abandon the less lucrative content immediately, and crowd the more rewarding areas. At that point it will probably be good to have a toon on an underpopulated faction.

What are the requirements to access these two new instances? Perhaps the op differentiated the too for a reason being there is a requirement preventing fresh players meeting said reqs. As opposed to current players meeting the criteria or being very within reach.

7 minutes ago, RyuueLaview said:

What are the requirements to access these two new instances? Perhaps the op differentiated the too for a reason being there is a requirement preventing fresh players meeting said reqs. As opposed to current players meeting the criteria or being very within reach.

Taiwanese description doesn't mention entry pre-reqs. It does have enrage on boss. It also supposedly have the weapons to shoot dead the opposite faction...

3 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Taiwanese description doesn't mention entry pre-reqs. It does have enrage on boss. It also supposedly have the weapons to shoot dead the opposite faction...

Oh I see. So perhaps its just "ap dependent"? Lol this sounds fun tho xD. Take down a boss and get ganked. Hopefully the loot works like blackwyrm where you get loot even after death, presuming you met the dps fulfillment. 

2 hours ago, 882184_1452550488 said:

i dont think we will get either of them, cause they removed both of them in korea/jp/ch

Wait what?!!!
So what about the outfits you got from that instance??
I know part of it was craft-able, but...... O_O

Edit:
I can't find anything supporting that claim. Plus it's still on our map, which would've been updated already if it was removed from all regions.
Edit2:
Ok found out they're reworking it and we will get the updated version once it's finished.

11 hours ago, DomiSotto said:

Bots can't do SSP, since they are not well programmed and abandoning the place will allow lower tier people to farm it easier, or just random.

Only KR have remove Infernal Battleground, Ethereal Battleground/Floating Island still remains. Floating Island is basically SSP but as sort of an instance with cap. You can't taxi others in and even if you are in the same party as others you might not get into the same channel. You are also not able to change channel inside, you can only do that by windstriding out, then windstride in again or simply relog, but it might just dump you into the same channel.

All this makes it easier to farm in the area since it will never be overcrowded, multiple channels are created when others get full, no one can channel hop. Opposing faction can of course get into the same channel as you, but in TW the server I play in, I've only seen them twice and only 1 of them is inside. So we never actually fight the other faction in Floating Island, just farming all the way. Not sure if it will be the same for NA though.

The pre-req for it is just a simple faction quest that unlock the dragonpulse into the area. There are 2 mini bosses and 1 main boss with 1 bonus boss, spawn time is 10m after the other die. Bonus boss may spawn 5m after the main boss die. Both mini boss needs to be kill before the main boss will spawn. Bosses have simple mechanics so it's easy to fight and doesn't have all the ridiculous aoe that a terror in SSP have. The mini boss chest gives guarantee a key with chances to get either more keys or moonstone, while the main boss chests guarantee 5 moonstone with chances to get 5 more, the bonus boss chest gives more moonstones and also chances to get BSH skill book.

There are other quest in the area as well and another 2 mini boss that players kill for prestige.

14 hours ago, Howllo said:

Bots can't do SSP, since they are not well programmed and abandoning the place will allow lower tier people to farm it easier, or just random.

They are programmed well enough to capture and abandon or spawn at Grindtooth. They are programed well enough to clear out meteors and bodies. The Floating Island sounds great, what is the catch 22 that would prevent me doing that, and make me want to spam faction chat for a few more people to please, please, please come and spend an hour in SSP since most people already consider it beneath them and think they are smarter than everyone and should only dirty their hands with Suljun and GT?

5 hours ago, Aethyr said:

You are correct but you did not put into account that THESE NEW BATTLEGROUNDS WILL BE FILLED BY CHINESE GOLD FARMERS similar to SSP.

As mention Floating Island doesn't work the same as SSP

- Even in party everyone might end up in different channel

- You can't invite anyone not inside the same channel as you to party, so no taxi-ing, also to invite someone in the same channel you need click on them, not their name but directly on them to invite.

- There is a hard cap, so new channel will be created when the previous channel are cap

- Can't channel surf

All of this makes it hard for farmers to actually fill up a channel with their own, basically Floating Island fixes most of the flaw that SSP have. With how bad the current moonstone situation is in NA/EU, I do not know why NCWest still not planning to release this area.

• 5 months later...
17 minutes ago, chemmy said:

Can anyone tell me what the faction quest needed to unlock this waypoint? Am playing on TW. 

Thanks..;)

Chemmy

It's a quest call To the Battlefield of Azure Sky, you need to talk to a monk at Snowforest monestery, you need 5 solar energy (you get this from daily challenge) and wear your faction uniform. This quest should appear on your quest list for you to click on when you reached 50.

On 8/5/2016 at 3:49 AM, Aethyr said:

Ohh you are underestimating the gold Farmers my friend. Really.

No I don't underestimate them it's simply the truth, unless they can fill 1 whole channel with gold farmers, it will be impossible for them to farm. In TW without a certain amount of AP, you will not get credit for the bosses, a lot of players are doing 100-200k dps with some reaching 300k dps. TW have their fair share of gold farmers and none of them ever try to get into Floating Island.

1 hour ago, vita said:

It's a quest call To the Battlefield of Azure Sky, you need to talk to a monk at Snowforest monestery, you need 5 solar energy (you get this from daily challenge) and wear your faction uniform. This quest should appear on your quest list for you to click on when you reached 50.

No I don't underestimate them it's simply the truth, unless they can fill 1 whole channel with gold farmers, it will be impossible for them to farm. In TW without a certain amount of AP, you will not get credit for the bosses, a lot of players are doing 100-200k dps with some reaching 300k dps. TW have their fair share of gold farmers and none of them ever try to get into Floating Island.

Thank you very much..;)

• 2 months later...

They either need to fix factions or revamp them before they add anymore faction content. Having small numbers in a channel from a small faction won't be beneficial. Right now they (I think) are trying to keep interest in 6v6 as it's currently the best place for moonstone farming.

I don't know what their plans are for evolved stones. Only the dominate faction can farm them.

I don't exactly want them to remove factions, as it keeps the troublemakers separated from the smaller faction's clans. 

Archived