Forums

Naksun vs classes

Lunakitty

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never bothered with Mushin's tower until they added moonstones to it, so I can't say what the minimum would be.  I went and tried it the other day at 693 ap.  Beat it pretty easily, but got one moonstone for floor 14 and 1 for 15 and decided not to waste my time ever again.  

That said, I made one mistake the entire run and nearly got killed straight up by his combo, so I could certainly see it being a pain in the ass to complete the longer you take to kill.

First cleared Naksun with around 550AP on BM.

The main problem with Naksun is how making a mistake at certain times is very punishing.  You have to really know when his block counter combo is about to happen, since if you get countered and tossed you will basically get killed or if not close to it.  Evade/Block the last hit (of 4 strikes) of his rushing combo, the last hit is the toss that again the aerial combo will get you killed or if not close to it.  At <50% that AoE pull and icicles are what have to be iframed.  With HM block a lot easier to deal with.  The problem to that AoE which is similar to Mushin Pain/Darkness AoE is the price of the immunity potion.  Although it's easier to iframe than Mushin's room wide AoE the damage immunity potion for 9f-15f is not cheap.

Recently cleared 9f-15f with just the weapon that drops off awakened necropolis.  I had max accessories though but with 453AP.

I completed this for the first time on my destroyer when I had ~630 AP (since I never bothered before that).
The fight is incredibly easy as you can keep him cc'd for free dps and deflect many of his attacks (deflect tab). During ice phase, I recommend using C to deflect the pull and ss to avoid the damage, afterwards I usually use my stone shield (the 24 sec cd one) to avoid getting knocked up in the air. After that, he'll use 3 attacks, just walk to the side on the first attack, deflect the second one and walk around the 3rd attack afterwards. He'll block after this (or jump to mid, if so, repeat what is said earlier) which will give you time to grab him and get a free power slam.

I don't understand why people are complaining about Naksun that "99% can't do this", and why there's more Naksun complaints than Tower of Infinity complaints, they asked for a challenge and now they're eating their own words. Sure he hits hard, but he has a predictable rotation that takes some time to get used to. It's been done by a lot of people who aren't even in Legendary. It's as if people aren't even willing to try and learn.

If this keeps on, it'll be a fiesta once Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel arrives, when people realize they need a grab class, 2x CC of all 3 types, knowledge of positioning and facetanking, and a Sin/Sum + CC Second Wind.

3 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

I don't understand why people are complaining about Naksun that "99% can't do this", and why there's more Naksun complaints than Tower of Infinity complaints, they asked for a challenge and now they're eating their own words. Sure he hits hard, but he has a predictable rotation that takes some time to get used to. It's been done by a lot of people who aren't even in Legendary. It's as if people aren't even willing to try and learn.

There are alot of reasons why Naksun can be super hard. There can be lag, screen freezes, bad builds, not used to the rotation etc. But I definitely agree that he is not that hard when played on some classes but there is difference when using different classes. As summoner with good ping 550 ish AP or even less is enough to defeat him. But so far in this post many have been saying when they did manage to defeat Naksun instead of he is too hard. People admit he is a challenge but I'm not seeing much major complaining that Naksun is impossible.

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

There are alot of reasons why Naksun can be super hard. There can be lag, screen freezes, bad builds, not used to the rotation etc. But I definitely agree that he is not that hard when played on some classes but there is difference when using different classes. As summoner with good ping 550 ish AP or even less is enough to defeat him. But so far in this post many have been saying when they did manage to defeat Naksun instead of he is too hard. People admit he is a challenge but I'm not seeing much major complaining that Naksun is impossible.

Sure lag happens, but I've never once encountered a screen freeze to the same extent as Konta/Suljun/Grindtooth. Any time you see a "SSP blah blah blah complain" or "Moonstone blah blah whine whine" thread, there's someone bound to say "Adding Moonstone to Mushin's Tower is stupid and impossible."

It's final endgame tier content, he's not supposed to be easy, and people thinking of skipping mechanics (e.g. FM in Avalanche Den) reeks pure laziness.

55 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

It's final endgame tier content, he's not supposed to be easy, and people thinking of skipping mechanics (e.g. FM in Avalanche Den) reeks pure laziness.

Laziness and efficiency come hand-in-hand. Why go harder way when you can do it easier with the same results? Like Bill Gates used to say:

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

Ok I am a lazy person.... I told myself 1 week ago that I was gona try and complete floor 9-15. Like two todays ago I finally tried floor 9-15 for the first time and got to floor 14.

It was really easy to get to floor 14... then I got rekked by the robot ...died once.... died twice.... and THEN said meh not worth gg. 

I am going to find an easy way to do Nakusun one of these days I promise!

till then , anyone got any hints on how a kfm can do floor 14? dont even wana think about beating Naksun yet.

1 hour ago, Solidarius said:

Ok I am a lazy person.... I told myself 1 week ago that I was gona try and complete floor 9-15. Like two todays ago I finally tried floor 9-15 for the first time and got to floor 14.

It was really easy to get to floor 14... then I got rekked by the robot ...died once.... died twice.... and THEN said meh not worth gg. 

till then , anyone got any hints on how a kfm can do floor 14? dont even wana think about beating Naksun yet.

DPS and counter his attack, iframe when he floats up. When he start shooting missle, SS and run at the outer edge so that the DOT aoe is not in the middle. When he does a charge counter it, he will get stun iinm, DPS him quick till he goes back mid and summon 3 bots. Watch him shoot a red bot out, SS as the red bot will drop on you. Kill red bot, grab orb and throw at boss, kill 3 bots and DPS boss quick. He will repeat from the float up and aoe portion.

As for Naksun, you need to learn his attack pattern, that's the only way you can kill him, know when to counter/iframe. Spec SS to freeze is quite useful too as Naksun is also a KFM, SS-ing to his back will freeze him in place for some free DPS.

1 hour ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Laziness and efficiency come hand-in-hand. Why go harder way when you can do it easier with the same results? Like Bill Gates used to say:

“I choose a lazy person to do a hard job. Because a lazy person will find an easy way to do it.”

I've met FMs who failed to freeze, and then the whole party dies because other people put their misguided faith in them and refused to iframe. I've also met some FMs who also neglected to CC Yeti because he assumed the Summoner would take care of it. No tactic is foolproof.

1 hour ago, Solidarius said:

1. All of Ironheart's rotation attacks are frontal arcs and rectangles, strafe away.
  2. Its mechanic starts with curling into a ball and floating while humming with blue energy; it then slams into the ground for a field-wide quake attack. Iframe it.
  3. It then fires three missile volleys that leave fire puddles. Strafe away.
  4. After the missiles it curls into a ball and starts pinball rolling; block/parry/counter it (EVERY CLASS has one of these). Or if you're an FM/Sum just keep hitting it as it rolls.
  5. If you didn't stop the pinball rolling, it'll repeat 3 and 4.
  6. After stopping the pinball, it goes into the center of the room, gets a shield, and summons three smaller blue bots. You cannot harm any of them while the shield is up. It then fires a red bot at you; iframe it.
  7. The red bot becomes active and uses Ironheart's standard rotation. Kill it. Meanwhile Ironheart fires missile volleys if you take too long.
  8. Once the red bot dies it drops an orb. Pick it up and throw it at Ironheart to weaken its shield.
  9. Only the blue bot adds become vulnerable to attack. Kill them; they die in one hit.
  10. Ironheart gets out its shield. Repeat. The mechanic typically only happens twice.

You literally cannot cheese Naksun without being KR tier overgeared while Summoner 100-0 combo needs flawless execution, he has 1.7 million HP and there's no chance in hell you can burst that all down easily, especially since he won't even let you.

Yesterday i did for my first time 9-15th floor just to check how many moonstone it drops.

Floor 14 th dropped 1moonstone.

Ps i went with my fm

Then went to naksun n guess what ..got wiped in obe aerial combo hehe.

Its to be expected cause i didnt knoe tactics.

Today ill focus in learning naksun.

On 2-8-2016 at 6:34 AM, MasterBlaster said:

Its very hard for me. I'm an Destroyer with 625ap, can easily beat all 4 mans, including 4man mast. Can also get up to floor 42 in the infinity tower. But for some reason i just can't defeat Naksun no matter how hard i tried. over 20 tries overall so far i think and no luck. I always die somewhere in the ice phase. I have read and watch video guides but i still can't do it. I just gave up for now. Never did bother with floor 9-15 before, its only because of the moonstone drop chances that made me wanna do it lol. I only have one character so i can't say what ap is recommended for other classes.

Buy the blue invulnerability potion from F13 that worked for me.

First pull plus ice and martial dance is searing strike the pull SS the knockback then use defensive emberstomp so you don't get knockdowned by the ice and then shield. Second 1 you just drink the 7 second invincible potion after the pull and knockback GG.

On 8/2/2016 at 0:34 AM, MasterBlaster said:

Its very hard for me. I'm an Destroyer with 625ap, can easily beat all 4 mans, including 4man mast. Can also get up to floor 42 in the infinity tower. But for some reason i just can't defeat Naksun no matter how hard i tried. over 20 tries overall so far i think and no luck. I always die somewhere in the ice phase. I have read and watch video guides but i still can't do it. I just gave up for now. Never did bother with floor 9-15 before, its only because of the moonstone drop chances that made me wanna do it lol. I only have one character so i can't say what ap is recommended for other classes.

Naksun is incredibly easy on a destroyer if you know how to do it (dont worry im not a dick ill help you).

1. Sheild must be on 24 sec cd

2. most basic attack is 3 atks and then he lays down if you dont have hm stomp grab him or leave him alone

3. Drunken whatever use sheild

4. Ice phase pull / knockback use c for the pull backstep then 2nd part

5.  MOST IMPORTANT - when the ice drop phase occurs between the entry door and and the first pilar on the left (if your looking at naksun as you enter... that left) no ice will drop there EVER so sit shield and wait out the 4 hits

6.  Cakewalk phase - hell do some charge bullcrap and go KFM crane style on u hit him from behind when that animation finishes spin and go behind him again dps and then he is CC able but he will counter so be careful

7.  Rinse and repeat 5/6

My first clear on him was around 500 ap took my an hour and now at 600 ap i have about 2 mins left till enrage hope this helps

12 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

If this keeps on, it'll be a fiesta once Desolate Tomb and Ebondrake Citadel arrives, when people realize they need a grab class, 2x CC of all 3 types, knowledge of positioning and facetanking, and a Sin/Sum + CC Second Wind.

Really? Are you forgetting the fact that moonstones are mid-tier upgrade materials? Are they materials for legendaries? NO. Do you think people would even bother with this shit if it was materials for upgrading legendaries? NO.

Does it make sense to you to gate mid-tier upgrade materials behind the hardest solo boss in the entire game? What if only Asura 4m dropped silverfrost transformation stones and you can no longer craft it, does that make any sense to you? That's the exact situation mid-tier gear people are having. SSP is pure cancer, WV is just plain retarded to the highest degree and no one does it anyways, how else do you get moonstones? Marketplace? Having moonstones drop only from the highest floor in the tower is equivalent to hanging a $100 bill from the empire state building and telling the poor to go get it.

No one saying the challenge itself is inappropriate. Is it appropriate for the reward though? NO. 99% of the people who actually need moonstones, can't complete floor 15. The so called experts calling floor 15 a cakewalk and boasting about it, are all just doing it to farm moonstones and sell for profit. Would make much more sense to make floor 14 guarantee the moonstone drop and chance of bundle, and making floor 15 drop something even better.

Gotta love it when elitists complain new players are complaining. "Oh if I can easily do it with my 700AP toon since I have no life and play 24/7, then the 500AP people who play 1-2 hours a day should be able to do it too. If they can't beat Naksun then they're noobs and don't deserve to upgrade past 500AP". What's next, people thinking that brand new level 1 players should be able to solo tower floors 1-7?

i saw this thread recently. I put some of my record for F14-15. Hope it help. To sum it short, just cc him when he finish each of his rotation. I didnt really use taunt much for you guys to see when to cc him exactly. Enjoy. 

Destoryer and WL need gear up. longer fight, harder fight.

if u feel sin is hard, sin has one tricky, kd counter stealth, count 8sec for true sight stun/daze, knock up, do it again, after 43%, try to do that perfectly.

All mushin tower boss are really ez for sum and fm, like free. kfm/bm have 0 cd block, so it is not that hard.

I've tried it some times with my WL(640AP), but i couldn't do shit to it cuz everytime i try to do Mushin Tower i lag as hell... But it doesn't happen when i do Tower of Infinity.

It shouldn't be hard for a WL with good ping that know attack patterns.

You just need to abuse it's block skill, spec it to Tier3 Stage4, if you have HM Dragoncall and a good Crit Rate, shouldn't be hard...

15 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

I've met FMs who failed to freeze, and then the whole party dies because other people put their misguided faith in them and refused to iframe. I've also met some FMs who also neglected to CC Yeti because he assumed the Summoner would take care of it. No tactic is foolproof.

1. All of Ironheart's rotation attacks are frontal arcs and rectangles, strafe away.
  2. Its mechanic starts with curling into a ball and floating while humming with blue energy; it then slams into the ground for a field-wide quake attack. Iframe it.
  3. It then fires three missile volleys that leave fire puddles. Strafe away.
  4. After the missiles it curls into a ball and starts pinball rolling; block/parry/counter it (EVERY CLASS has one of these). Or if you're an FM/Sum just keep hitting it as it rolls.
  5. If you didn't stop the pinball rolling, it'll repeat 3 and 4.
  6. After stopping the pinball, it goes into the center of the room, gets a shield, and summons three smaller blue bots. You cannot harm any of them while the shield is up. It then fires a red bot at you; iframe it.
  7. The red bot becomes active and uses Ironheart's standard rotation. Kill it. Meanwhile Ironheart fires missile volleys if you take too long.
  8. Once the red bot dies it drops an orb. Pick it up and throw it at Ironheart to weaken its shield.
  9. Only the blue bot adds become vulnerable to attack. Kill them; they die in one hit.
  10. Ironheart gets out its shield. Repeat. The mechanic typically only happens twice.

You literally cannot cheese Naksun without being KR tier overgeared while Summoner 100-0 combo needs flawless execution, he has 1.7 million HP and there's no chance in hell you can burst that all down easily, especially since he won't even let you.

thank you for the tips on Ironheart, really helped I beat him today. I am on Naksun atm and getting rekked by his combos, only manage to get to 90% so far lol, his air combo is insane 1 shot and iam a kfm lol

could you plez list some info on Naksun? how the hell do people think this guy is easy? Iam 540ap and its very hard 

6 hours ago, Arealynn said:

All mushin tower boss are really ez for sum and fm, like free. kfm/bm have 0 cd block, so it is not that hard.

One of my clan mates is 650+ FM. He is complaining how Naksun is too hard. For summoner it is super easy. Even if you die you might have luck to revive yourself if your cat survives.

ok for warlocks.

F14 is too easy , just strafe his normal rotation ss on the charge AoE to get the reset.

Then just circle around him as he fires the rockets (don't stand on fire pool , it hurts af)

Then he starts rolling , DON'T block him. Just let him roll and dps. Preferably horizontal to the doors , as you enter and the exit , or verticaly to the sides of the room , that way he will never go out of range . Oh and , he rolls 4 times , right after he hits the wall on the 4th , root him , it's 4 seconds free dps and you can correct your position.

Now for F15 , meh , im bored to type here what to do , i might do a vid and post it here. The only advice i can give here is , gear up , preferably 550ap 50%crit 200%crit dmg and as much def you can.
And as a side note , sometimes on ice phase he keeps spamming the aoe , since we have the least amount of iframes (thanks bloodlust) don't expect to make it alive . I only once (and i have absolutely no idea how) made it through 4 times , but usually you will have a hard time on the 2nd  , 3rd you are dead.

5 hours ago, Solidarius said:

thank you for the tips on Ironheart, really helped I beat him today. I am on Naksun atm and getting rekked by his combos, only manage to get to 90% so far lol, his air combo is insane 1 shot and iam a kfm lol

could you plez list some info on Naksun? how the hell do people think this guy is easy? Iam 540ap and its very hard 

First off you want at least 120% accuracy since he has high evasion rate just like Asura. Just like Floor 14 he has no indicated attacks.

100% - 91%:

1. Single targeted punch.
  2. Shadow Dance behind you.
  3. Leg sweep with knockdown. If you don't escape, he'll grapple you and snap your neck.
  4. Counter. If you hit into it, you will get stunned, and if you don't escape he'll air combo you for about 60k~ worth of health.
  5. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  6. Backstep with root explosion. Can't be blocked.
  7. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  8. Repeat.

All his attacks in this phase cause chill stacks and culminate into a root explosion. Any time you're too far he just jumps at you.

90% - 46%:

First he will drink Soju. This is a field wide aoe that can't be CC'd; iframe it. He loses his ability to cause chill stacks.

1. Two targeted punches.
  2. One targeted punch.
  3. Lies down and drinks. This is actually just a Counter.
  4. Linear aoe fire breath with knockback and knockdown. Again, can't be blocked or CC'd.
  5. Repeat.

Any time you are too far he with either throw four cups or a four hit charge martial dance combo with knockup on the last hit. All hits are blockable.

Periodically a message warning you that he is trying to take a drink will appear. CC him immediately. He then does a combo below, regardless of whether you CC'd him or not.

• If you don't CC him, he does a field wide aoe and then gains two buffs: a large increase in attack and a large increase in evasion.
  • If he drinks Kaoliang Ju, he does a four hit martial dance combo. The last hit is a knockup.
  • If he drinks Soju, he will throw four cups at you.

45% - 0%:

He casts a blue fire aoe that causes stun. Any of his drink buffs from the previous phase are removed.

1. Linear aoe energy wave with knockback and daze. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  2. Dash through punch with daze. Blockable but can't be CC'd.
  3. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  4. Counter.
  5. Single targeted punch.
  6. Shadow Dance behind you.
  7. Leg sweep with knockdown.
  8. Repeat.

Again if you're too far he'll perform a four hit martial dance combo with a knockup.

Periodic mechanic:

1. He jumps to the middle and casts a field-wide two hit aoe. The first hit is a phantom grip and the second is a knockback.
  2. He performs a four hit martial dance combo with knockup on the last hit. While he is doing this, icicles fall in random spots, and the only indicator (albeit very very subtle) you get is heavy ice falling over a single spot.

7 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

First off you want at least 120% accuracy since he has high evasion rate just like Asura. Just like Floor 14 he has no indicated attacks.

100% - 91%:

1. Single targeted punch.
  2. Shadow Dance behind you.
  3. Leg sweep with knockdown. If you don't escape, he'll grapple you and snap your neck.
  4. Counter. If you hit into it, you will get stunned, and if you don't escape he'll air combo you for about 60k~ worth of health.
  5. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  6. Backstep with root explosion. Can't be blocked.
  7. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  8. Repeat.

All his attacks in this phase cause chill stacks and culminate into a root explosion. Any time you're too far he just jumps at you.

90% - 46%:

First he will drink Soju. This is a field wide aoe that can't be CC'd; iframe it. He loses his ability to cause chill stacks.

1. Two targeted punches.
  2. One targeted punch.
  3. Lies down and drinks. This is actually just a Counter.
  4. Linear aoe fire breath with knockback and knockdown. Again, can't be blocked or CC'd.
  5. Repeat.

Any time you are too far he with either throw four cups or a four hit charge martial dance combo with knockup on the last hit. All hits are blockable.

Periodically a message warning you that he is trying to take a drink will appear. CC him immediately. He then does a combo below, regardless of whether you CC'd him or not.

• If you don't CC him, he does a field wide aoe and then gains two buffs: a large increase in attack and a large increase in evasion.
  • If he drinks Kaoliang Ju, he does a four hit martial dance combo. The last hit is a knockup.
  • If he drinks Soju, he will throw four cups at you.

45% - 0%:

He casts a blue fire aoe that causes stun. Any of his drink buffs from the previous phase are removed.

1. Linear aoe energy wave with knockback and daze. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  2. Dash through punch with daze. Blockable but can't be CC'd.
  3. Linear aoe punch with knockback and knockdown. Can't be blocked or CC'd.
  4. Counter.
  5. Single targeted punch.
  6. Shadow Dance behind you.
  7. Leg sweep with knockdown.
  8. Repeat.

Again if you're too far he'll perform a four hit martial dance combo with a knockup.

Periodic mechanic:

1. He jumps to the middle and casts a field-wide two hit aoe. The first hit is a phantom grip and the second is a knockback.
  2. He performs a four hit martial dance combo with knockup on the last hit. While he is doing this, icicles fall in random spots, and the only indicator (albeit very very subtle) you get is heavy ice falling over a single spot.

Exactly what i needed tyvm, I tried for about 1hour 30min today and most I could get him is to around 60%, 

I got a good handel on 100-90%, this part is actully geting easier

below 90% a bit tricky

I always attacked him when he lay down of the floor and he would counter and 1 shot me, took me a while to realize that was my problem lol

thx again, will try tomorrow with this info and see if i have any luck

iam confident after learing the mechs i can beat this guy, my problem is not damage its simply not knowing how to outsmart him and stop his op air combo lol 

btw that guy in vid got like insane 880+ ap... lol 

6 minutes ago, Solidarius said:

Exactly what i needed tyvm, I tried for about 1hour 30min today and most I could get him is to around 60%, 

I got a good handel on 100-90%, this part is actully geting easier

below 90% a bit tricky

I always attacked him when he lay down of the floor and he would counter and 1 shot me, took me a while to realize that was my problem lol

thx again, will try tomorrow with this info and see if i have any luck

iam confident after learing the mechs i can beat this guy, my problem is not damage its simply not knowing how to outsmart him and stop his op air combo lol 

You can cheese him a bit by spec-ing your SS to freeze for 5s, SS towards him with your back facing him so he get freeze with you behind him and you can freely dps during that time. His air combo is his strongest skill, definitely do not want to get hit by that at all.

Watch the video by Shiro below, it's good

Archived