Forums

Naksun vs classes

Lunakitty

Literally 5 minutes ago I managed to defeat Naksun for the first time ever on my Summoner (547 AP). I have heard clan mates having difficulties with defeating Naksun while having 650 AP. That made me wonder how other classes find Naksun, is it hard or easy and what AP (ignoring ping that will obviously make higher AP demands) do you recommend to have it on each class?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its very hard for me. I'm an Destroyer with 625ap, can easily beat all 4 mans, including 4man mast. Can also get up to floor 42 in the infinity tower. But for some reason i just can't defeat Naksun no matter how hard i tried. over 20 tries overall so far i think and no luck. I always die somewhere in the ice phase. I have read and watch video guides but i still can't do it. I just gave up for now. Never did bother with floor 9-15 before, its only because of the moonstone drop chances that made me wanna do it lol. I only have one character so i can't say what ap is recommended for other classes.

Did it on my summie was easy to understand what he does ofc if i don't have any lag spikes like these past two days. 

Did on my FM that is 520ap, still able to beat him despite the ping issues i have been having.

Just understanding his mech and what he'll do next is enough to get by him.

I'm playing on the japanese servers and i'm a kfm with about 610 AP when i defeated naksun for the first time :) it was a really challenging fight

It pays off to understand the mechs for the naksun fight especially during the ice phase :) goodluck!

BM here, beat him with those stats :

AP 565 (109+456)
Accuracy 1418 / 118.04%
Critical 4517 / 54.12% (265+4252)
Critical Damage 1363 / 194.86%
HP 60.5k (26.9k + 33.5k)

It was in late may, so we didn't have all the buffs we have now.

As a summoner I managed to beat him the first time I did floor 9-15 and the 5 times after. This was when I had about 530 give or take. Now at 596 I die at least 5 times before I clear the floor. I won't even attempt it with my destroyer. I had a hard enough time with mushin's darkness, naksun would reduce me to a crying mess,

Well, if I tackle him normal way as a Summoner, my chance of winning is 70%. Easy to get wiped during ice phase, if I forgot to Q the cat, or if he goes into icicle spam mode for no reason.

However, for Summoner, you have a way to skip entire his mechanic of wine-drinking and even ice phase. It works like this:

1/ Trait CC version of all of your skills, including: Weed Whack root, Strike, Thorn Strike, Anklebiter, Play Time, Lunge, Power Pounce.

2/ Hit him until he is about 91% HP. CC + Power Pounce him.

3/ When you see the Defense Reduction debuff appears, Weed Whack him and stay behind him. He will likely to skip his wine drinking mechanic here.

Or: You can just wait for his first drinking ends, then Power Pounce him given chance

4/ DPS until the root duration is about one second left, Daze him then Uppercut him to send him flying.

5/ Maintain the airborne state with Playtime once or twice, so that his root immune become undone. Remember to move to his side or back meanwhile. Unless you use Rumblebee, you cannot hit him with Sunflower. Instead, just spam LMB to regen your focus.

6/ When he starts to fall on the flood, stop DPS and spam 1 for Weed Whack.

7/ When the root is about expired, CC and Pounce him again. Always leave at least one way to Daze for next Uppercut.

8/ Rinse and repeat until he dies without able to do his mechanic.

If you want to practice, you can use the BM in first floor of Mushin Tower.

You can watch this video for demonstration:

I managed to kill him first time with 590 AP as a Sin. I progressed him since I had 520 AP and now that he's dead I feel like I could have beaten him then. To me it progressing him was one of the most challenging  and most fun things to do in BnS. I still die multiple times on him since my timing in Ice Phase is just shit. Also having the problem of the double Ice Phase.

27 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

Well, if I tackle him normal way as a Summoner, my chance of winning is 70%. Easy to get wiped during ice phase, if I forgot to Q the cat, or if he goes into icicle spam mode for no reason.

However, for Summoner, you have a way to skip entire his mechanic of wine-drinking and even ice phase. It works like this:

1/ Trait CC version of all of your skills, including: Weed Whack root, Strike, Thorn Strike, Anklebiter, Play Time, Lunge, Power Pounce.

2/ Hit him until he is about 91% HP. CC + Power Pounce him.

3/ When you see the Defense Reduction debuff appears, Weed Whack him and stay behind him. He will likely to skip his wine drinking mechanic here.

Or: You can just wait for his first drinking ends, then Power Pounce him given chance

4/ DPS until the root duration is about one second left, Daze him then Uppercut him to send him flying.

5/ Maintain the airborne state with Playtime once or twice, so that his root immune become undone. Remember to move to his side or back meanwhile. Unless you use Rumblebee, you cannot hit him with Sunflower. Instead, just spam LMB to regen your focus.

6/ When he starts to fall on the flood, stop DPS and spam 1 for Weed Whack.

7/ When the root is about expired, CC and Pounce him again. Always leave at least one way to Daze for next Uppercut.

8/ Rinse and repeat until he dies without able to do his mechanic.

If you want to practice, you can use the BM in first floor of Mushin Tower.

You can watch this video for demonstration:

Ok... this is just Retard... Summoner sure got it esay huh? xD

He just standing or...(lay there) and being spamed... while other classes actually have to fight for real... GG lmfao =D

As a summoner I feel like it's really forgiving. If somehow you die but the cat stays alive with luck you can just revive meanwhile the cat tanks Naksun. That's how I defeated him since he decided to throw me 2 insta ice AoE combos.

I completed my first Naksun as a Sin while sitting at 580 AP and 225% crit damage. However there are Sins who've completed it with 500 AP and 190% crit damage.

For Sin vs Naksun, we're virtually defenseless out of stealth; we don't have a spammable block nor can we fight at ranged, so we're forced to rely on stealth. Stealth itself, however, is a double edged sword:

• He doesn't have permanent true sight, but gains it periodically like Mushin, but not as often as him.
  • Because of his periodic true sight, we have no idea when he'll gain it and start pummeling us with targeted attacks and kicking us out of stealth.
    • On his third phase, his Freezing Mist (the aoe pull + push + martial dance combo + icicles), if we try to stay in stealth after he does the pull + push, he recasts the whole thing again after the martial dance combo.

Knockdown against Naksun is very beneficial to Sins, since we can Q his get-up attack and gives us free stealth.

Safety, for the most part, is running Lightning build and hiding in stealth, spec'd to using knockdowns, and knowing his rotation, when to CC, and when to enter and exit stealth.

Naksun is a very strong challenge and a welcoming brain check and preparation for the next set of dungeons that are far less forgiving and need everyone to carry their own weight. Although honestly I find Tower of Infinity a much bigger wall than Naksun, with several classes stalling, 100-0 death punishes, and/or pulling stupid cat, freeze, and infinity iframe with aoe CCs and long-ranged guard break shenanigans, and with the steadily increasing HP it gets more easier to screw up as time goes on.

44 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

For Sin vs Naksun, we're virtually defenseless out of stealth; we don't have a spammable block nor can we fight at ranged, so we're forced to rely on stealth. Stealth itself, however, is a double edged sword:

Well you can outrun most of his normal attacks except for the major ones, which he also uses when you are in stealth. When you get out of stealth because you hit into his counter before he uses the blue frontal cleave you can just easily restealth with your 1. Most of the other times you can restealth with a fast double s + 1 or with hook kick. When he uses his 4 Kick after bomb phase I e the third hit and decoy the last one if he throws the cups at you just decoy for instant stealth.

i think the difficulty is some thing like this:   summoner< fm < bm < sf < sin < kfm < destro < warlock                                                                                                                                           it seems warlocks and destros having a hard time killing him                                                                                                                   

as a bd i killed him 1st time with approx 600ap 5k crit 1.5k dmg, which was my 1st try. But i reached him and then i was trying to kill him 2-3 hours straight, wasted 9 filed repairs :D I watched yt guides during it, tried different skills, soulshields etc. Eventually i killed him and now he is a piece of cake. The only key is to know when he can be CCed and when he block,

But still can't figure out how to kill him in less than 2 min. My best time was 2:50 or so with 650ap 5k crit 1.6k dmg. Guess for Master of soberity title is needed 700ap+

10 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Literally 5 minutes ago I managed to defeat Naksun for the first time ever on my Summoner (547 AP). I have heard clan mates having difficulties with defeating Naksun while having 650 AP. That made me wonder how other classes find Naksun, is it hard or easy and what AP (ignoring ping that will obviously make higher AP demands) do you recommend to have it on each class?

I agree, cat need hard buff!

I never did naksun under 600 ap, since i already had those stats when i did him. I'm at 650+ ap atm, and i still have trouble sometimes as a fm.

Isnt naksun easyer for classes who can block? Since the most dangerous thing naksun does is that insta death air combo, on the 4th melee hit he does? A bm/kfm can just block that kick? Alot of summ guild mates can also clear him while they dont have 600+ ap, dunno what makes it so easy for a summ.

I'm a 568 warlock and Naksun is extremely difficult for me. I spent hours with all my field repairs, filled with frustration and anger, and i still can't beat him, my best record is that I got him down to 67% hp. If you missed 1 block and got caught in airborne combo, it's death. If you accidentally retreat when he knocked you down, 80% hp down in drain. There's no room for mistakes because of the limited iframe.

20 minutes ago, Grimstar said:

I never did naksun under 600 ap, since i already had those stats when i did him. I'm at 650+ ap atm, and i still have trouble sometimes as a fm.

Isnt naksun easyer for classes who can block? Since the most dangerous thing naksun does is that insta death air combo, on the 4th melee hit he does? A bm/kfm can just block that kick? Alot of summ guild mates can also clear him while they dont have 600+ ap, dunno what makes it so easy for a summ.

Summoners have cat that can taunt and keep aggro away from the summoner. When ever that skill is on CD and Naksun aims at the summoner they can simply use Seed Shroud to "block" and then again taunt when the skill is off from cooldown. Also summoners can snare Naksun so that helps with CD also.

I'm a BD and tried to do Naksun few days ago for first time, cause of moonstone drop and best i got was 19% after 25+ tries (had to use field repair 3 times ).

I had to swap my shield to pvp set though and pvp set skills, since i need loads of resist+iframes for him. But after each try I got better and better and I'm sure I'll get him next time i take time to try. Thinking back now it was actually loads of fun, trying to figure out how to kill him, but eventually I gave up since i lost concentration at end.

I'm at 650 AP and around 205% cdmg on pvp shield.

as FM i didnt find it that easy to do, i still die sometimes in ice phase, his 4 hit combo is faster than in fire i cant block all hit with the 1, so i have to get hit by the 3 first and tab the last and his damage is high, he also often phase faster than the cd of ice shield , rely a bit on luck and hope he dont spam ice phase , whatever AP u have if he air combo u it's death

Archived