Why are all quests solo-only? Is this an MMO or not?

Windbrand

I mean it's literally impossible to play with friends at all for questing in this game. Almost every single quest in the new act 5 is solo-only. Zone after zone of these "kill minions then kill boss, but you can only do it solo" crap. Why does this game intend on making itself a singleplayer experience? My friend, who is a new level 50 HM1, is having immense trouble with most of the act 5 quests, and I can't even help her at all.

Is this a MMO or not? It's like this game is having an identity issue. By the way what level is act 5 even designed for? My friend (destroyer) is dying nonstop to almost every single solo boss fight atm. She's HM1 with full labyrinth set only, 390 AP. I don't play a destroyer so I have no idea how to help her. Currently stuck on chapter 7 at the part where the 3 assassin-type enemies spawn right on top of her (after Yoma reanimates those corpses).

Your friend is a bot ? /giggle

I think your friend need to farm and upgrade her gear a little bit.

You can get around 430 pretty easily and with accessories check that she have around 55% crit - 180% crit damage - 110% accuracy.

It should be more easy to clear stuff.

IIRC Labyrinth Soul Shield doesn't have really good stat for crit or acc, just a huge boost of HP.

So you can't directly help you friend with her quest but you can help her farm for her gear.

12 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Is this a MMO or not? It's like this game is having an identity issue. By the way what level is act 5 even designed for? My friend (destroyer) is dying nonstop to almost every single solo boss fight atm. She's HM1 with full labyrinth set only, 390 AP. I don't play a destroyer so I have no idea how to help her. Currently stuck on chapter 7 at the part where the 3 assassin-type enemies spawn right on top of her (after Yoma reanimates those corpses).

It's a solo content in a MMO. Just like the Mushin's Tower or Infinity Tower. It's jut an entry-level solo content for the rest of us.

You do have to gear up a little to finish the story-line. It was the only reason I kept gearing up.

I was told 550 is what gets you through the story-line to the end of Act 7. So if your friend does want to see the entire story, she might want to get a few pieces of gear upgraded before finishing the chapter. Then she will be ready for the next installment as well.

when you gear up, you might want to consider other states as life drain, defense, evade, block and so on.

no one talks about that kind of stuff because those elite players can iframe everything but for noobs like us, we need everything we can get.

Depending on your class you can get by on the story with as little as 2 people and an average of 400-430 AP. If you're melee that relatively low figure doesn't really apply, sadly.

For low gear Destroyers, I'd recommend a defensive build since you have several self-healing skills.

Use stuns, knockdowns, and grab to buy time on cooldowns if possible.

Since there's no enrage timers on the story bosses you can take your time and try to outlast them.

Labyrinth soulshield could work, but only if you're willing to fuse max crit into all 8 pieces. Otherwise, consider some Scorpio or Yeti pieces if you find people who are willing to run you through those dungeons.

Solo zones do a lot more good than harm since they get you to learn how the class works.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/2/2016 at 6:46 PM, Windbrand said:

I mean it's literally impossible to play with friends at all for questing in this game. Almost every single quest in the new act 5 is solo-only. Zone after zone of these "kill minions then kill boss, but you can only do it solo" crap. Why does this game intend on making itself a singleplayer experience? My friend, who is a new level 50 HM1, is having immense trouble with most of the act 5 quests, and I can't even help her at all.

The story is that you are the last Hongmoon student. I would take it as weird if you have another Hongmoon student tag along while on story mode...

As for your friend, she need to farm and upgrade the gears a little since she is a melee. I would say try to get to the 400-450 zone for some comfort. Melee life isn't easy I am sad to say.

Story quests isn't everything.

• 2 weeks later...

I like a good mix of solo and group play. I like questing alone so the storyline is great for me.

I hate games where I am forced to group to get through what should be somewhat simple quests. I don't mind grouping but I prefer having a good separation of the two.

I play bm as an alt and managed to clear everything till madante with true infernal (300ap) The difficulty spike really came when i got into the latest arc. So i plan to upgrade my bm now since they released trove and new weapon path.

• 2 weeks later...

Most people are missing the point here xD

Still, it's a solo game tagged as MMO. There's no holy trinity, and everyone 'can' solo all content. Parties only take place to add damage and sometimes to apply group buff, but nothing more. It does have an MMO economy...

The story content, after Zaiwei's Ruins is dedicated to players that where already familiar with the game (and geared) for a long time.

You gotta take into consideration that we got 1-2 years worth of update in 6 months (they are trying to get close to other versions of the game in updates). Getting HMlvl is still 'hard' but the story quests demand a higher HMlvl as well as gear.

I don't know how other vesrsion of the game work, but I'll guess that it's way easier to get to cap, since they are selling an old game there.

On 18/08/2016 at 1:27 PM, YamiKokennin said:

The story is that you are the last Hongmoon student. I would take it as weird if you have another Hongmoon student tag along while on story mode...

Well, that never prevent other games with ''the chosen one'' line to have group content for story quests.

Some games would even turn other players that join the session into one of the NPCs that helps the hero!

Archived