Trouble getting buff in Yeti fight?

teoteodore

I'm an 50HM2 Warlock (not that that matters) and I'm struggling with the Yeti fight.  I understood that there are two places to get the crucial buff to avoid freezing.  One is from the grabbed tank when he is thrown, and if he avoids being grabbed from standing at the Yeti's feet.  Try as I may to follow every one, I seem to always be the one to die from the freeze.  Is there something I'm missing or should be looking for.  Also, I notice that no one in the last three groups has stepped on the icicles ... is that a new technique?

one thing you can do is being the aggro holder but being a warlock not that easy... But you do have that skill to ignore 2 incoming damage or something. was it X? you might want to check the duration of it since I'm not sure at all.

As a lock, i just turn around and SS right into the boss as he does his slam to iframe and end up right beneath him at the same time to ensure i get the buff. However if youre getting frozen even if you had time to run to the boss, make sure that your party is Stunning him right before his second jump. Its the best place to ensure that you not only have time to iframe his slam before being frozen but to also get to the heat if you're range.

If no one is stepping on ice it's because 1. They either don't know how to do cold phase or 2. There's a reliable FM in the party who will save everyone's butt with their ice sheath so in the end the others can continue dps instead of losing it by being frozen, with number two being the most likely case.  There's also times where if you DPS yeti's health down past 33~32% he'll automatically suck up the ice and skip animations for the first cold phase and you wont have much time to step on the ice anyways. Which with all the higher HM levels and AP this happens more often than not. I'd check your party composition next time you run yeti though just to be sure.

So how Yeti's heat buff works is:

• Aggro holder gets grabbed and Yeti transfers heat onto them, then throws them away. Anyone near the aggro holder will gain heat buff, however if they use Retreat or Second Wind on the throw the transfer doesn't work.
  • Regardless of whether Yeti grabs someone or not, he does three jumps toward the aggro holder. He becomes vulnerable to CC after the first jump, which then stops his remaining jump. He then does a field wide ground pound aoe in spot and opens a heat geyser under him; stand on top of it to remove heat.
    • Most parties in 4-man typically avoid getting grabbed to push out more damage, and then CC him on his jumps. You have to do this anyway, since he doesn't try to grab on the third heat phase.
2 hours ago, Arktic said:

If no one is stepping on ice it's because 1. They either don't know how to do cold phase or 2. There's a reliable FM in the party who will save everyone's butt with their ice sheath so in the end the others can continue dps instead of losing it by being frozen, with number two being the most likely case.  There's also times where if you DPS yeti's health down past 33~32% he'll automatically suck up the ice and skip animations for the first cold phase and you wont have much time to step on the ice anyways. Which with all the higher HM levels and AP this happens more often than not. I'd check your party composition next time you run yeti though just to be sure.

That being said I wouldn't rely on the Force Master at all even if they claim to be "reliable", because they are very much capable at failing and causing the whole party to die out of misguided faith, by botching their group iframe or get frozen by Yeti. I'm an Assassin, a class who is also fully capable of casting a group iframe, and lag/input delay is a jerk.

OMG, OMG , OMG!!!!!  I did it!!!!  I timed everything right.  I didn't get below 50% health and we killed him quick, quick.  I was almost in tears from relief to know I could actually do it!!!  I can't thank you guys enough!

18 hours ago, teoteodore said:

OMG, OMG , OMG!!!!!  I did it!!!!  I timed everything right.  I didn't get below 50% health and we killed him quick, quick.  I was almost in tears from relief to know I could actually do it!!!  I can't thank you guys enough!

Grats

Archived