Forums

DPS Meter is overall a good thing

MasterBlaster

1 hour ago, Reaper00 said:

16 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

Out of curiosity, did you try to search for any fan-made software that lets you port a combat log in and do the math for you, and show more stats than you knew existed? There was one for SWTOR, called Parsec, then it was StarParse, and SWTOR did not have the in-game meter for PvE. After 4 years I would not be surprised if it is available for BnS as well. Honestly, I don't think an in-game one would ever be as good as a fan made, 'cause reasons.

Here is a sample of StarParse:

starparse-parsing.png

While the in-game one looked much less comprehensive:

cIE19.jpg

Umm ofc i have tried it..... In BNSDojo there is a fan made dps meter altho ive tried many times it dont work :( and my mates managed to get it done but say that its not acurate and cant calculate well when the combat log is scrolling too fast.... Meaning it wont calculate my V storm very well since its like shit ton of hits in 2 seconds.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, QueenOfBlades said:

Umm ofc i have tried it..... In BNSDojo there is a fan made dps meter altho ive tried many times it dont work :( and my mates managed to get it done but say that its not acurate and cant calculate well when the combat log is scrolling too fast.... Meaning it wont calculate my V storm very well since its like shit ton of hits in 2 seconds.

Interesting. If fan software has those sorts of problems, I wonder if the build-in meter will have the same troubles. Well, wait and see.

If they add dps meter most likely destroyers will suffer. We got lowest dps also we grab during boss fight. Since 40% of this game assassins and other 40% summoners nobody would understand wtf is going on with destroyers.

On 01.08.2016 at 6:16 AM, Niskka said:

I had exp 2k ms and died in 6man asura.

You played BNS with 2k ping? OMG. OMG sir you are true fan of this game I respect that.

1 hour ago, QueenOfBlades said:

Really? You want me to read through the combat chat for a whole 60seconds so i can decide which rotation of dps is better and add this all up? While repeating diff rotations, taking into account diff stats and so on. Are you crazy or something? i could spend 2hours of adding up and not be enuff for all the testing i want to do. Keep ur OLD fashioned ways to urself gramps.

Sure they have been doing it, dont mean i wanna do all of that ADING UP when i play 2-3hours a day cuz i do have life unlike most ppl who got time TO ADD UP.

Aww, sorry. Didn't realise you were just a casual gamer and weren't really serious about it...kid

Our BnS community is already judging people by looking at their AP.

anything goes wrong, its the person with a low AP. Things goes well, then its the high AP person carrying it all.

I know DPS meter will not solve this issue at all but if NC can improve DPS meter a bit by adding some features(ping of each player, how many times have a person used a cc and how many times a mob as skipped a phase due to persons cc, what kind of buffs a person used to and how much it effected overall dps and so on) it could be uses full.

16 minutes ago, hwalien said:

Our BnS community is already judging people by looking at their AP.

anything goes wrong, its the person with a low AP. Things goes well, then its the high AP person carrying it all.

I know DPS meter will not solve this issue at all but if NC can improve DPS meter a bit by adding some features(ping of each player, how many times have a person used a cc and how many times a mob as skipped a phase due to persons cc, what kind of buffs a person used to and how much it effected overall dps and so on) it could be uses full.

yes, yes, let's add a tab "it was not his fault" with checkmarks. Seriously, no software can enforce human decency or move people's heads from however deep they wedged it between their buttocks to a more appropriate placement on top of their necks.

49 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

yes, yes, let's add a tab "it was not his fault" with checkmarks. Seriously, no software can enforce human decency or move people's heads from however deep they wedged it between their buttocks to a more appropriate placement on top of their necks.

So do nothing and keep complaining about everything?

We have to start some where.

8 minutes ago, hwalien said:

So do nothing and keep complaining about everything?

We have to start some where.

I always start with myself. I feel it's better for my soul to praise those who were excellent than berate those who weren't. Whenever I run a dungeon and the boss had no chance to set off the AoEs and CCs, I always type in the end: Great CCs! specifically to show how much I appreciate the guy who knew what he was doing. My spatial is not good enough to know who is doing the deed unless very clear like with the lifts, but I certainly know it's not me :)

I do not know what the meter will include, as I have only seen a version that was hieroglyphic. Once it's demo'd we'll know just how comprehensive it's going to be.

But if people want to be unhappy, the opportunity will always present itself.

The meter sounds like a bad idea. Some classes have jobs like grabs etc that yes, slow their own dps but help the actual fight and other players achieve more dps. Those classes will then be judged on that? I can see many of these classes saying screw helping the group, i'll just dps so I don't get grief b/c of meter. Melee have to follow a boss around - ranged can pew pew continuously...it's really just gonna make elitists worse and more ppl are gonna be pissed at the game and leave. I think it's a really bad move Ncsoft tbh i'd re-think it. What is the actual point of having a dps meter anyway I ask? from what I have read in this thread majority of people would prefer not to have it..so i'll be going out of my way to ignore it completely if it is implemented and I can't wait for someone to make a comment on my dps i'll literally tear them a new ass hole. gg gonna help the toxic community loads I bet >.> 

Some things you guys should know

DPS meter can only be viewed in 1,4,24(raid) man dungeons. No 6 man. 

It also only displays top 3 in 4 man and top 6 in 24 man for other players (you can still view your own) 

7 hours ago, Reaper00 said:

Because an adult wouldn't let something posted on the Internet by some random person that they do not know upset them this much...kid

you'd be surprised... an example is one of the current U.S. presidential candidates...

Archived