BnS NA vs TW...

YoshimuraX

I'm from SEA (SG) too but my main is on NA. Honestly even with all the good things TW has to offer, the ping will deter a lot of people who aren't close to SEA because BnS is unfortunately a very ping dependent game, especially for melee classes. If you're from NA and have a decently geared char, i'd suggest just staying because playing with overseas ping will drag you down and/or ultimately make you frustrated with yourself and the lack of dps you could be doing. 

I made a char on TW ( 萬夫莫敵 too) and yes, it's super fun playing with low ping, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the servers are very populated. You definitely won't find as many players as NA in certain regions (eg. SSP definitely doesn't have as many players) which may be a good or bad thing, depending on what you need. 

Most of the players in TW are already geared for endgame (legendary, HM10+ and what not), which means lower level dungeons probably won't be run as much unless it drops a breakthrough or evolution weapon, or if it's on the daily challenge. I've spent a much longer time waiting in cross server LFPs for stuff like Necro, Lair or Nexus because hardly anyone runs them (eg. waited 3mins + for a necro party).  24-man areas like Zaiwei Ruins are dead too. However, if you're a new player, the devs know about the lack of help from 1-50 so they've added the breakthrough and crucial materials in the surveys and story quest line as well.

Unlike NA, LFP is the only option because premades are usually only listed for extreme end game dungeons and they're usually in chinese. 

You won't make it very far past 50 without joining a guild to help you (which there are quite a few english ones recruiting) but if you're not intending to main on TW or wish solo at your own pace, you're gonna have to shell out some money to get decently geared, say to even get past oathbreaker (good thing is that there are nice events which reward quite a bit if you buy them (eg. a box which gives 10 ornaments & 10 tablets) / trove event right now. 

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, MysterYosa said:

as for SEA players that still insist playing NA server, i asked few of them in-game why they dont want to transfer to nearer region (TW, JP or CN). the answer i always get is "i already spend too much time/money" and "i dont understand their language."

i saw most of them cant even time properly when to use their skills and CC coz of their delay, which i made as one example that they should go to region that gives them better ping, but they still insist those 2 excuses.

and i find it funny coz most of them havent even made a "name" or group of friends at NA. so... what are they really trying to prove there?

SEA player here, but don't play, and don't want to play on TW servers for several reasons:

First is language barrier. I only know Vietnamese and English. I know English patch is out there, and there is a community of English speaker. But I doubt that I can meet them everywhere in a Taiwanese-populated server. I don't feel like waiting for certain people to get online and run things with them. Instead, I prefer doing things on my own pace and run things with PUG. In NA pugs, when I see a cute outfit or something funny about a character, I can ask and talk. In TW pugs, I would get less of a chance for such talking, and feel isolated. What should I do when I take a look on faction chat, where I treat like some random talkshow for entertainment, filled with Chinese? Speaking the same language makes a community, and a larger community is better than a small one, believe it or not. And Bns Community extends not only in game, but also on forums, fansites and reddits. How am I supposed to get information and giggles if I cannot understand the langague? This is very important to me and some people, enough to outweight any advantage that a TW server can give.

Second is friends and investment. Simply, I cannot find myself playing without seeing my clanmates talking, or playing with them. Investment I spend a lot of efforts and some money into the game to get outfits and things, so I don't want to repeat them.

Third is ping adaption. Some people said that you cannot play BnS with ping of 200+. The thing is whether you want to play COMPETITIVE and aim for TOP OF TOP, or just want to have fun with the game and can adapt to your disadvantage. My clan mostly plays at 200+ ping, but we still work fine with current contents. Delayed input time means you have to have faster prediction, by "Looking into the future for 0.2 second". Unless NCSoft decides to make the PvE contents being super-ping-intensive where you have to have zero ping or wipe, we will continue to be fine

Fourth, I freakingly hate people, especially my own people, who treat SEA players playing in NA/EU servers as idiots, cuz they accept high ping instead of joining "elite-pingers" like them, who are unfortunately play the most in Taiwan server. Talking with them boils my blood, so I have made up my mind that either I play on NA, or play on SEA if NCSoft ever open it, or quit the game altogether. No TW in my choice.

Fifth, I don't like Chinese and Taiwanese, so I don't want to do anything with a Chinese/Taiwanese server. This is my personal preference due to some political problems, and I know clearly there is good and bad Chinese/Taiwanese, so don't quote me on this.

Sorry if I sound hot-headed in my post, but TW vs NA debates are always a sore spots among my people for whatever stupid reason.

4 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

I'm from SEA (SG) too but my main is on NA. Honestly even with all the good things TW has to offer, the ping will deter a lot of people who aren't close to SEA because BnS is unfortunately a very ping dependent game, especially for melee classes. If you're from NA and have a decently geared char, i'd suggest just staying because playing with overseas ping will drag you down and/or ultimately make you frustrated with yourself and the lack of dps you could be doing. 

I made a char on TW ( 萬夫莫敵 too) and yes, it's super fun playing with low ping, but I wouldn't go so far as to say the servers are very populated. You definitely won't find as many players as NA in certain regions (eg. SSP definitely doesn't have as many players) which may be a good or bad thing, depending on what you need. 

Most of the players in TW are already geared for endgame (legendary, HM10+ and what not), which means lower level dungeons probably won't be run as much unless it drops a breakthrough or evolution weapon, or if it's on the daily challenge. I've spent a much longer time waiting in cross server LFPs for stuff like Necro, Lair or Nexus because hardly anyone runs them (eg. waited 3mins + for a necro party).  24-man areas like Zaiwei Ruins are dead too. However, if you're a new player, the devs know about the lack of help from 1-50 so they've added the breakthrough and crucial materials in the surveys and story quest line as well.

You won't make it very far past 50 without joining a guild to help you (which there are quite a few english ones recruiting) but if you're not intending to main on TW or wish solo at your own pace, you're gonna have to shell out some money to get decently geared, say to even get past oathbreaker (good thing is that there are nice events which reward quite a bit if you buy them (eg. a box which gives 10 ornaments & 10 tablets) / trove event right now. 

In NA was leveling a KFM before I left for TW, it's the same thing low level area are dead, no one is there, don't even bother asking for help if you need something cause well no one will come. In TW I solo them easily due to lower ping and non buff HP, it helps me in my solo leveling till I get to 50.

Less players in SSP = good for farming for low AP players, no problem getting credit at all. Reason why SSP are not crowded is not due to population but it's because there are other content players are farming like Floating Island and Midnight Skypetal plains.

Yes some dungeons you might need to wait longer especially if it's not part of the daily, especially for some of the purple dungeons, but then I have solo queue them before when they are not on daily challenge and got in in just a few minutes, even did multiple runs since I needed the bracelet from Lair.

24-man are dead regardless of region unfortunately.

That is wrong you can easily get to 50 without joining any clan, clan helps when you need to gear up or farm dungeon especially the harder ones. Even then dungeon can be farmed by LFP, it's not like you will going to get kick cause of low AP. As long as you know the dungeon and mechanics there isn't much a problem, for harder dungeon that needs different players to handle different mechanics might be an issue if you can't communicate but some of my clans mate that doesn't know Mandarin have LFP them without issue.

From Oathbreaker to Scorpio there is a new weapon path, cheaper in terms of materials but required faction insignia and silverfrost refining kit, some of my friends went this path. It's cheaper for them and since SSP is not overcrowded they have no problem farming insignia there.

15 hours ago, vita said:

That is wrong you can easily get to 50 without joining any clan, clan helps when you need to gear up or farm dungeon especially the harder ones. Even then dungeon can be farmed by LFP, it's not like you will going to get kick cause of low AP. As long as you know the dungeon and mechanics there isn't much a problem, for harder dungeon that needs different players to handle different mechanics might be an issue if you can't communicate but some of my clans mate that doesn't know Mandarin have LFP them without issue.

From Oathbreaker to Scorpio there is a new weapon path, cheaper in terms of materials but required faction insignia and silverfrost refining kit, some of my friends went this path. It's cheaper for them and since SSP is not overcrowded they have no problem farming insignia there.

I know getting to 50 can be done without a clan, I did it myself too. If you read the sentence I meant it in the sense that past 50 (50++) in terms of joining harder dungeons, it'll just be solo from there on out because there's nobody to help you learn the dungeons (or you'd have to check out guides yourself). Communicating in higher end dungeons is difficult too since most of the time the pug doesn't understand english. 

I personally used the new weapon path with silverfrost refining kits and it was a lot cheaper (it halves the price) but for getting money to fund the other materials like moonstones and what not, it's pretty much 24/7 SSP since stingers are only around 60s. I get credit on everything too but it was a struggle when I was on oathbreaker to get enough.  

5 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

I know getting to 50 can be done without a clan, I did it myself too. If you read the sentence I meant it in the sense that past 50 (50++) in terms of joining harder dungeons, it'll just be solo from there on out because there's nobody to help you learn the dungeons (or you'd have to check out guides yourself). Communicating in higher end dungeons is difficult too since most of the time the pug doesn't understand english. 

I personally used the new weapon path with silverfrost refining kits and it was a lot cheaper (it halves the price) but for getting money to fund the other materials like moonstones and what not, it's pretty much 24/7 SSP since stingers are only around 60s. I get credit on everything too but it was a struggle when I was on oathbreaker to get enough.  

Is there a reason why you did not join a clan though, there are some EN clan around some pretty big and some new ones.

15 hours ago, vita said:

In NA was leveling a KFM before I left for TW, it's the same thing low level area are dead, no one is there, don't even bother asking for help if you need something cause well no one will come. In TW I solo them easily due to lower ping and non buff HP, it helps me in my solo leveling till I get to 50.

Less players in SSP = good for farming for low AP players, no problem getting credit at all. Reason why SSP are not crowded is not due to population but it's because there are other content players are farming like Floating Island and Midnight Skypetal plains.

Yes some dungeons you might need to wait longer especially if it's not part of the daily, especially for some of the purple dungeons, but then I have solo queue them before when they are not on daily challenge and got in in just a few minutes, even did multiple runs since I needed the bracelet from Lair.

24-man are dead regardless of region unfortunately.

oh man thyre desperate repeating it again.. comparing a 2yrs+ release to a months game..wouldnt u think in na they wouldnt add those?..

15 hours ago, vita said:

Is there a reason why you did not join a clan though, there are some EN clan around some pretty big and some new ones.

Yeah because my main is on NA and I have a guild there plus the TW EN clans recruiting usually ask for active main players (which I am not). I'm not in any rush to join a clan in TW yet since i'm doing just fine now and the posts I made above were more for NA people reading this thread. I just don't want people to think TW is the perfect choice because of what OP stated. 

And as to what Alysha Hawkeye said, I feel the same way even though I can understand basic Chinese. Of course being in an EN guild would help since you could tune out all the Chinese but in a sense, the bottom quote is the reason why I went to NA in the first place rather than playing in TW. 

16 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

I can ask and talk. In TW pugs, I would get less of a chance for such talking, and feel isolated. What should I do when I take a look on faction chat, where I treat like some random talkshow for entertainment, filled with Chinese? Speaking the same language makes a community, and a larger community is better than a small one, believe it or not. And Bns Community extends not only in game, but also on forums, fansites and reddits. How am I supposed to get information and giggles if I cannot understand the langague? This is very important to me and some people, enough to outweight any advantage that a TW server can give.

5 minutes ago, MutchiXmutchi said:

oh man thyre desperate repeating it again.. comparing a 2yrs+ release to a months game..wouldnt u think in na they wouldnt add those?..

What???!! LOL no tbh I don't really care if NA/SEA players want to go TW or not, I am just stating the benefit of playing on TW with the lower ping for fellow SEA players but it's up to them to decide. I don't have to even promote it considering I have seen quite a number of NA players have move over to TW and joined my clan and I don't even know them while I was in NA.

NA is playing catch up, they are releasing 2+ yrs content in a short period of time, so if they are smart they should add those ASAP.

When ever ppl ask me it is really that good to play in TW, I will simply tell them what TW have and that they can just try it for a week and two and see how it goes, simple as that.

22 minutes ago, vita said:

NA is plying catch up, they are releasing 2+ yrs content in a short period of time, so if they are smart they should add those ASAP.

Force feeding content so quickly is actually a big reason why so many NA players quit in the first place, actually.

If they are smart, they would have done either of the following:

Paced the gear and dungeons a bit slower and perhaps not released legendaries until about when we get Ebondrake Citadel and Midnight Skypetal Plains since you don't need such power for any Heroic dungeon we're getting or already have this year and most of the big 24-man boss's stages. OR

Massively buffed the drop rate for high demand materials which would more likely backfire and result in endless complaints about a crashed market.

There is such a thing as content overload, that's kinda why they only give us a fraction of the game at launch.

31 minutes ago, Lemonaide said:

Yeah because my main is on NA and I have a guild there plus the TW EN clans recruiting usually ask for active main players (which I am not). I'm not in any rush to join a clan in TW yet since i'm doing just fine now and the posts I made above were more for NA people reading this thread. I just don't want people to think TW is the perfect choice because of what OP stated. 

And as to what Alysha Hawkeye said, I feel the same way even though I can understand basic Chinese. Of course being in an EN guild would help since you could tune out all the Chinese but in a sense, the bottom quote is the reason why I went to NA in the first place rather than playing in TW. 

I see, that's understandable, even my clan are looking for active main players only.

I joined NA server for the same reason as well, thinking that it might not work out in TW server due to communication and the community. I do know some Mandarin and can speak it pretty fluently and even type it if I ever get to setup my pc for it :) but would just prefer an English speaking community.

I went to NA, play it for a few months, got all geared up, a few clan mates decided to try out TW while waiting for new contents. I decided to give it a try as well, wasn't even planning to stay to be honest. But the whole experience did change my mind about playing in TW server, so in the end I decided to stay and play in TW server. I have more fun playing in TW server than I ever had in NA, I could play KFM without worrying about ping issues at all. But in the end this is simply how I felt and why I stay in TW beside the other reason that I mention in previous post.

But in the end we play this game so that we can enjoy it, I wasn't enjoying playing in NA anymore, but I started to enjoy playing the game again when I move to TW.

44 minutes ago, vita said:

I see, that's understandable, even my clan are looking for active main players only.

I joined NA server for the same reason as well, thinking that it might not work out in TW server due to communication and the community. I do know some Mandarin and can speak it pretty fluently and even type it if I ever get to setup my pc for it :) but would just prefer an English speaking community.

I went to NA, play it for a few months, got all geared up, a few clan mates decided to try out TW while waiting for new contents. I decided to give it a try as well, wasn't even planning to stay to be honest. But the whole experience did change my mind about playing in TW server, so in the end I decided to stay and play in TW server. I have more fun playing in TW server than I ever had in NA, I could play KFM without worrying about ping issues at all. But in the end this is simply how I felt and why I stay in TW beside the other reason that I mention in previous post.

But in the end we play this game so that we can enjoy it, I wasn't enjoying playing in NA anymore, but I started to enjoy playing the game again when I move to TW.

Ok, im in! I'm not enjoying this server anymore. Thanks for the motivation, pal!

5 hours ago, MutchiXmutchi said:

1.  i ddnt had hard time reaching this stage(profane)cricket* even tho 24man is not active unlike before still pass siren~pirate stages coz of events ..*cricket*

2. TW release first than NA....

3. it is nice, for regions close to it,.. sea player (pve), got 50~70 ms Tw , while 100~120 on NA for pve i feel i dont need it.

4.  ok well talk it below

5.  coz at TW they didnt buff bosses..

6. ok this one is lie.. hav sg friends ask them and they hav those problems.

7. cricket gold buyers..

8 .good thing

9. +++ greediness (but i like it)

10. yup its easy i feel like playing private server lol..

11. u said it P2W... WEAPONS!!!!! 

~~ Because its not eng server ,, eng players are LIMITED few. mostly u will feel like playing on console (solo) surely eng community will stick together coz they are LIMITED ~~ofcourse less toxic you dont want to be hated by LIMITED players and left you on dungeon runs,activities,farm..

~~ Decent population not VERY~ lie

(conclusion - first couple of days u will have fun but if u get to the point where u need to farm you will surely feel this,, coz of language difference you will play/talk to same players over,over and over and over again,,, if ur doing pug/solo mostly u will be silent coz u cant understand anything*boring*,, much faster to lose motivation to play.. u will feel isolated..LIMITED clans to join.

~~ how hard u try how hard ur grindfest.. you still cant get what others can,. if u think atm N.A is P2w, then try T.W ( LOL ) there are things u can only get with "REAL MONEY"

i already spend too much time/money ~This TW players came here to recruit they badly need it theyre so bored talking to same players everyday, they getting fewer members on their little eng. community, little community means few FARMmates.. 

P.S im not a white knight defending NA server im just stating the facts that they dont mention on this ad,,

(im not good at english)

I'm not recruiting in anyway, I'm just giving my opinions on why I switched from NA to TW and my current experiences there. So yea, this isnt an ad, I'm just giving people an option to try it out as we notice most threads in the forums are about how difficult it is to obtain gear due to lack of content.

4 hours ago, SoulsHunter said:

Hi YoshimuraX I used to play at Tw server and I agree with what you said. One thing I like about NA server is that there are many new players so I can play at my own pace, at taiwan it often becomes a race to level and gear.
But I am starting to miss the ping there.

If I create a new melee character there and wanna join you guys would you mind? I am a very slow player. Also which melee class your team lack? So that I can feel more useful lol.

Hi, sure... feel free to come over. I won't really recommend joining Emperial (where I'm at) as most of the players there are already playing for a good 1+ year and will be difficult getting parties to do relaxed content.

But as you have mentioned, there are English guilds aplenty on my server that cater to both the new and old.

I guess as a less hardcore player, maining a ranged class can be much more relaxing, I'm maining a FM right now and loving it...

3 hours ago, MutchiXmutchi said:

before coming here ddnt u think im not updated or aware of current state on tw?..  i hav irl friend still playing on tw ( i already spend too much time/money  ) yah right some few players are coming back but!! (mostly it was SG players or alts) when N/A bns was realeased the eng speaking players went down and they feel the impact of it...

i aggree with u on some aspects on bad handling of the game from NA server but there still room for improvements now atleast they listening..

i didnt say TW is bad server dont go there actually the handler of it is better than NA (excluded more P2W) ur choice u could try it better ping for sea player ,

just telling cons and pros of every server ,, showing the bad and good side /both  not just the beutiful things..

if only i was new player ddnt play or dont know whats going on i will surely try it out..  ~sweet words networking strategy ~  the 2nd sentence i feel like some kind commercial or something ~joke

~Ever thought that OP just loves this game and wanted to share their TW experience for other people who love the game and want to enjoy it without having to put up with NCWests joke version? 

~i feel appreciated supporting a F2P game on TW and I'm always excited for the next event. I cannot say the same about BnS NA/EU.

Yea, thats basically it, I love this game and spend lots of time and money on it.

Just giving my 2 cents to current or new players in this thread.

End of the day playing on a more mature server will save you more money in the long run. Giving an example; current NA doesnt have trove events with heptagonal gems yet. So for you to transmute purple heptagonal gems you will require getting ALOT of hexagonal hongmoon gems as well as the mats for each level. If you just see the amount of money saved from this 1 thing is enough... (we are talking about elitist though, most f2p players will be happy with just about any HM gem they can get their hands on)

3 hours ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

SEA player here, but don't play, and don't want to play on TW servers for several reasons:

First is language barrier. I only know Vietnamese and English. I know English patch is out there, and there is a community of English speaker. But I doubt that I can meet them everywhere in a Taiwanese-populated server. I don't feel like waiting for certain people to get online and run things with them. Instead, I prefer doing things on my own pace and run things with PUG. In NA pugs, when I see a cute outfit or something funny about a character, I can ask and talk. In TW pugs, I would get less of a chance for such talking, and feel isolated. What should I do when I take a look on faction chat, where I treat like some random talkshow for entertainment, filled with Chinese? Speaking the same language makes a community, and a larger community is better than a small one, believe it or not. And Bns Community extends not only in game, but also on forums, fansites and reddits. How am I supposed to get information and giggles if I cannot understand the langague? This is very important to me and some people, enough to outweight any advantage that a TW server can give.

Second is friends and investment. Simply, I cannot find myself playing without seeing my clanmates talking, or playing with them. Investment I spend a lot of efforts and some money into the game to get outfits and things, so I don't want to repeat them.

Third is ping adaption. Some people said that you cannot play BnS with ping of 200+. The thing is whether you want to play COMPETITIVE and aim for TOP OF TOP, or just want to have fun with the game and can adapt to your disadvantage. My clan mostly plays at 200+ ping, but we still work fine with current contents. Delayed input time means you have to have faster prediction, by "Looking into the future for 0.2 second". Unless NCSoft decides to make the PvE contents being super-ping-intensive where you have to have zero ping or wipe, we will continue to be fine

Fourth, I freakingly hate people, especially my own people, who treat SEA players playing in NA/EU servers as idiots, cuz they accept high ping instead of joining "elite-pingers" like them, who are unfortunately play the most in Taiwan server. Talking with them boils my blood, so I have made up my mind that either I play on NA, or play on SEA if NCSoft ever open it, or quit the game altogether. No TW in my choice.

Fifth, I don't like Chinese and Taiwanese, so I don't want to do anything with a Chinese/Taiwanese server. This is my personal preference due to some political problems, and I know clearly there is good and bad Chinese/Taiwanese, so don't quote me on this.

Sorry if I sound hot-headed in my post, but TW vs NA debates are always a sore spots among my people for whatever stupid reason.

No worries bro, from most of what I made up from your post its all purely due to personal reasons... I come from a multi racial society thats more tolerant to other races etc... to each his own I guess...

2 hours ago, vita said:

Vita, that was exactly how I felt on NA. Spending thousands of dollars (yes I did spend that much o.O) to gear up my chars, I even made 1 of each class. Only to realise there was something lacking or I hit a brick wall somewhere...

I found that once I hit about 580AP about 3 months ago, the only real way to progress was to pay even more. And mind you, the material were not at all cheap to begin with.

Once I moved over to TW, I did feel a little overwhelmed at first due to all the new content over there. But adjusting just took me about 2 weeks, of coz having alot of knowledgable people in my clan helped as well.

Now I just hop on NA once a week when TW is down for maintenance to give some updates to clan mates on upcoming content, but I notice the moment I login to NA I totally have no interest in playing it at all...

On 8/1/2016 at 8:50 AM, Almerinde said:

Wow, "new" posters defending NA. What a suprise...
But anyway, keep going on. People will go to TW try their new experience. 

i laugh at this honestly ,, im imagining a player rage quit coz he cant handle the pressure :D ( ionly paid for monthly prems,,  now atleast at stage 3bale w/ currently max acce .. i almost quit coz of gems but luckily now i only need 2ap gems aquamarine, and amethyst .. cons and pros talking here not whats the best.. right its ez to get some mats on TW but think its 2yrs+ content and wats the currently end gear at TW?.. p2w weps .. if ur playing there GL. hav fun :D

9 hours ago, Arcsine said:

Force feeding content so quickly is actually a big reason why so many NA players quit in the first place, actually.

I personally dont think that is the case. not the rhythm they released content but the fact all of the materials needed to upgrade to the  content were highly unacessible. usually in most games what they do when they release content they also make older and overall content easier so you can keep up and still be relevant, something which did not happen for this version.

Most people felt overwhelmed by everything and lost hope and left. :)

12 hours ago, YoshimuraX said:

No worries bro, from most of what I made up from your post its all purely due to personal reasons... I come from a multi racial society thats more tolerant to other races etc... to each his own I guess...

Personal preference is one of factors that influence the decision whether one person do or do not do something. I don't outright hate people of other races, more like I hate the elite-pingers who are my own people that creep on forums, flame war and laugh at people who doesn't play with them. I wouldn't hate them if they just leave us alone, and might have switched to TW, if I ever find myself tolerating playing in a community where 90% I don't know how to talk to. But since they did, I rather drop the game than playing with them.

In any case, to each us own, and enough of my rants.

Have a nice day, whichever server you play in.

14 hours ago, YoshimuraX said:

Vita, that was exactly how I felt on NA. Spending thousands of dollars (yes I did spend that much o.O) to gear up my chars, I even made 1 of each class. Only to realise there was something lacking or I hit a brick wall somewhere...

I found that once I hit about 580AP about 3 months ago, the only real way to progress was to pay even more. And mind you, the material were not at all cheap to begin with.

Once I moved over to TW, I did feel a little overwhelmed at first due to all the new content over there. But adjusting just took me about 2 weeks, of coz having alot of knowledgable people in my clan helped as well.

Now I just hop on NA once a week when TW is down for maintenance to give some updates to clan mates on upcoming content, but I notice the moment I login to NA I totally have no interest in playing it at all...

Yeap I spend quite a bit on NA as well, but I feel that I make the right decision in just dumping everything I have in NA and move to TW server. Some of us wish that we had played in TW server in the beginning, but I guess the thought of having a full English community was too good to pass up at that time.

9 hours ago, MutchiXmutchi said:

i laugh at this honestly ,, im imagining a player rage quit coz he cant handle the pressure :D ( ionly paid for monthly prems,,  now atleast at stage 3bale w/ currently max acce .. i almost quit coz of gems but luckily now i only need 2ap gems aquamarine, and amethyst .. cons and pros talking here not whats the best.. right its ez to get some mats on TW but think its 2yrs+ content and wats the currently end gear at TW?.. p2w weps .. if ur playing there GL. hav fun :D

Pressure? Nope never had any pressure in NA, I was already ready to go legendary for my NA character. Grind/Farming was never a reason why I choose to leave NA. Ping was one of it, a better publisher second. Except for having Dragon Tiger legendary which is a luxury item, the end game gear TW have is the same as NA, only just 6 stages more advance. I have cleared on my character every dungeon except the 1 new dungeon with Seraph stage 3, so yeah I am having lots of fun.

8 hours ago, LeyLu said:

I personally dont think that is the case. not the rhythm they released content but the fact all of the materials needed to upgrade to the  content were highly unacessible. usually in most games what they do when they release content they also make older and overall content easier so you can keep up and still be relevant, something which did not happen for this version.

Most people felt overwhelmed by everything and lost hope and left. :)

NCWest decide to buff up all the bosses up till Silverfrost Yeti/Necro/Lair instead, stupidest decision imo regardless of what ppl say that NA skills does more damage. Yeah NA skills might do more damage than when KR/JP/TW get the same dungeon but definitely not double the amount of damage and in the long run this buff does more harm than good due to the accelerated content release.

9 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Only thing I gathered was apparently TW is better and the downsides are ping and language. Everything else for negatives seem to be personal issues.

Ping is not the downside as it is better than playing in NA, 50-60ms compare to 200-250ms

1 hour ago, leMoh said:

BNS JP ftw :D

Would be the server I consider to play in, since I'm pro-Japan, lol.

In any case, I think each server has its own strength and cons. Where you feel that you belong too depend greatly on your tolerance on the cons. Cannot stand being the only one speaking English in full-Chinese party? Go NA. Cannot stand the ping or just hate NCWest's way of doing thing? Go to the nearest server to you. Not need to be TW or CN, if JP or KR is nearer to your place.

I always feel bad for the APAC players. At least in BnS unlike Swtor after they took down the APAC servers, you have a somewhat viable option. I'd totally hate to see the APAC leave, since I play early mornings that correspond to SEA prime, so I have unforgettable memories of playing with laid back Aussies and fierce Singaporeans....  but since I also played with friends in Europe from NA (with my friends almost having to bodily hold the pug down while I was loading or crushing) and since BnS is even more unstable than Swtor, I'd rather folks enjoyed a smoother gaming experience.

it's just feels so weird, as I see so many APAC players, but somehow it's not enough to run a server...

21 minutes ago, DomiSotto said:

it's just feels so weird, as I see so many APAC players, but somehow it's not enough to run a server...

I play late at night and I haven't met a single person in game since launch who said they were from NA. The first clan I joined was me and everyone else was from the Philippines. I would think TW would provide a much better gaming experience for them, since most of them complained about ping and disconnects all the time.

17 minutes ago, jones6 said:

I play late at night and I haven't met a single person in game since launch who said they were from NA. The first clan I joined was me and everyone else was from the Philippines. I would think TW would provide a much better gaming experience for them, since most of them complained about ping and disconnects all the time.

I am out of Canada, and BnS mysteriously nukes my net connection despite everything else in the house happily staying on-line the entire time. Gremlins. 

Archived