Stage 7-8 MASSIVE $$$ Grab!!. Shame on you NCSoft!

TaurinFox

You have a better chance getting a Charred BoneKraal Figurehead to Mythic, even a Naval Cannon to Mythic on Archeage then you do getting a stage 7-8 here. Why do I know this? I've done the mythic figurehead/Naval Cannon's but out of 200+ Coralitets, not a single stage 6... This rng is so low even by korean standards that ncsoft should be ashamed of themselves... And when I say 200+ Coralites I mean at a time, several times.......

2 minutes ago, Goks aka ComradeLordz said:

Welcome to Korean grindfest game where there is no end for ur gear. Games are business.

No need to welcome me to korean rng grind fests bro. I've been here in the thick of it for well over 15+ years. I know a bad rng rate when I s ee one.

Quit BnS, enough said. Although I missed the graphics and controls, it was undeniably the best graphic designs and control among all the games if played,  but my life was definitely less pissed after I quit. Trust me bro, uninstall it and welcome to the cheerful side. 

Ya just quit. I also miss the graphics, combat, and super cute female jin dancing. But seeing all the negative posts everyday tells me nothing's changed for the better and the game is still ridiculously punishing.

15 minutes ago, TheLimNabu said:

Quit BnS, enough said. Although I missed the graphics and controls, it was undeniably the best graphic designs and control among all the games if played,  but my life was definitely less pissed after I quit. Trust me bro, uninstall it and welcome to the cheerful side. 

My bf and I have actually already quit. However, I've been following NCSoft for so many years, since 2002 I had to call em out.

1 minute ago, Lunakitty said:

One thing I don't understand. Why do you guys keep staying then in forums telling others to quit also? Wouldn't it be the best to forget about the game also if you so hate the system even though you love the graphics? Also you guys realize that most people who are happy with the game won't bother coming to forums but instead spend their time playing the game and progressing. Writing one long post in forum is closer to one run in Yeti for example.

Well I like this event when it is not too easy. It can be frustrating to not get the rare items but hey it doesn't mean you cannot clear the dungeons without the gem/ember/skin that you can get from the event. And if people keep saying that it is not for low levels then why does it offer nebula stone for accessories with pretty cheaply? Getting lv 50 doesn't take that long in this game. The event tries to lure people to spend time with the game but I guess people in this era doesn't have patience anymore but they want everything maxed in one day. Maybe a private server where you get that with no effort would be the best place for you guys.

Don't speak to me as if I don't have patience. I spent 6 months farming the same mobs to get my eminence bow to drop on Lineage II so don't act like you know anyone here enough to judge them.

One thing I don't understand. Why do you guys keep staying then in forums telling others to quit also? Wouldn't it be the best to forget about the game also if you so hate the system even though you love the graphics? Also you guys realize that most people who are happy with the game won't bother coming to forums but instead spend their time playing the game and progressing. Writing one long post in forum is closer to one run in Yeti for example.

Well I like this event when it is not too easy. It can be frustrating to not get the rare items but hey it doesn't mean you cannot clear the dungeons without the gem/ember/skin that you can get from the event. And if people keep saying that it is not for low levels then why does it offer nebula stone for accessories with pretty cheaply? Getting lv 50 doesn't take that long in this game. The event tries to lure people to spend time with the game but I guess people in this era doesn't have patience anymore but they want everything maxed in one day. Maybe a private server where you get that with no effort would be the best place for you guys.

4 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Don't speak to me as if I don't have patience. I spent 6 months farming the same mobs to get my eminence bow to drop on Lineage II so don't act like you know anyone here enough to judge them.

The event has been here barely for 1,5 weeks and people are going nuts. Don't tell me you have patience when I spent 2 years. YES TWO YEARS in an MMO farming the rarest item and still ended up buying it from someone else.

2 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

The event has been here barely for 1,5 weeks and people are going nuts. Don't tell me you have patience when I spent 2 years. YES TWO YEARS in an MMO farming the rarest item and still ended up buying it from someone else.

Time does not matter when it comes to an rng event. Events are made to pressure people into spending massive amounts of cash in an attempt to obtain said items. my bf and I are done being a whale's for this game. Two years farming the rarest item though? What game? What item? Do tell.

6 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Time does not matter when it comes to an rng event. Events are made to pressure people into spending massive amounts of cash in an attempt to obtain said items. my bf and I are done being a whale's for this game. Two years farming the rarest item though? What game? What item? Do tell.

Dragonica, 6* element cards. Withing 4 years of playing that I never dropped one even with non stop, no-lifing farms. ^^

11 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

FYI, I grinded too and I am not that type of player who wanted to max gear in one day. Easier say than do bud, have you came cross those hard dungeon where it's nearly impossible to solo at low low level? You spent more than one hour waiting and shouting for pt to clear together and yet no one answered? It's as if you are talking to the wind. TBH, they should hv make those dungeons difficult scaling by the number of players in pt man. 

Im so glad that I've quit as my life is getting cheerful without all the frustrations from BnS. 

Just now, TheLimNabu said:

FYI, I grinded too and I am not that type of player who wanted to max gear in one day. Easier say than do bud, have you came cross those hard dungeon where it's nearly impossible to solo at low low level? You spent more than one hour waiting and shouting for pt to clear together and yet no one answered? It's as if you are talking to the wind. TBH, they should hv make those dungeons difficult scaling by the number of players in pt man. 

Im so glad that I've quit as my life is getting cheerful without all the frustrations from BnS. 

When that happened I moved on with quests to get higher level so I could solo it. Plus I was never alone as I always play with my bf.

Over a thousand posts, I'm thinking NCSoft's White Knight or generic forum warrior. Regardless, this rng is extremely unnatural and you should know that if you have near the same experience as I do with korean mmorpgs. To say otherwise simply proves my White Knight theory.

Edit: I'm trying to binge watch game of thrones, can ya keep it quiet with the constant replies? Simply state your case/argument and be gone with ya. No need for a pissing test or to be at each others throat. If you've played many korean mmorpgs for over a decade then you would know that my very first post that created this topic is nothing but the truth.

14 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Over a thousand posts, I'm thinking NCSoft's White Knight or generic forum warrior. Regardless, this rng is extremely unnatural and you should know that if you have near the same experience as I do with korean mmorpgs. To say otherwise simply proves my White Knight theory.

Edit: I'm trying to binge watch game of thrones, can ya keep it quiet with the constant replies? Simply state your case/argument and be gone with ya. No need for a pissing test or to be at each others throat. If you've played many korean mmorpgs for over a decade then you would know that my very first post that created this topic is nothing but the truth.

White knight? I think what Luna says makes perfect sense.  You stopped playing?  Then quit posting on the forums for others to quit.  :p

Really, they need to make the forums for players only.

5 minutes ago, Brand X said:

White knight? I think what Luna says makes perfect sense.  You stopped playing?  Then quit posting on the forums for others to quit.  :p

Really, they need to make the forums for players only.

First of all, there is no need to be rude. Second of all, I never asked or told anyone to quit and I am staying with my WK theory. Yes, it is true my bf and I have quit but just recently due to this event being garbage. NCSoft lost 2 premium rank 10 whales, but I've quit enough mmorpgs to know that don't mean shit. I am simply here stating what I know from my 15+ year experience with korean mmorpgs and being a whale in almost every single one of them.

Again, binge watching game of thrones, so if you don't have anything valid to bring to my forum topic other then nonsense then go elsewhere as I am talking about the current state of this event's rng status being something completely different.

32 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

First of all, there is no need to be rude. Second of all, I never asked or told anyone to quit and I am staying with my WK theory. Yes, it is true my bf and I have quit but just recently due to this event being garbage. NCSoft lost 2 premium rank 10 whales, but I've quit enough mmorpgs to know that don't mean shit. I am simply here stating what I know from my 15+ year experience with korean mmorpgs and being a whale in almost every single one of them.

Again, binge watching game of thrones, so if you don't have anything valid to bring to my forum topic other then nonsense then go elsewhere as I am talking about the current state of this event's rng status being something completely different.

I wasn't being rude.  I just always considered it rude for non players to get on a games forum and complain about any aspect of it :p

Now, if you were a current player and complaining (or didn't say "I quit playing and now just post on the forums") I wouldn't have said anything :p

1 hour ago, Lunakitty said:

Many reasons, not everything is cut and dry. I know for a fact some folks stay around in forums and the like to keep tabs on a game to see if the reasons for quitting have been changed or eased. Or if something has happened to warrant a return despite the initial issues. But yes leaving would be optimal however sometimes an addicted type attitude comes into play. I mean it really isn't rocket science. However some do it for negativity and more malicious reasons. I can't comment on others personally.

Also yes these events do try to lure folks in. However these events also are overall crappy and try to lure money in as well. I am not going to knock the event however, but if we are going to speak on "era" let's go all the way then? Back when events were actually fun and eventful? back when events were thoughtful and something to look forward to.

51 minutes ago, TaurinFox said:

Tbh the whole white knight" thing is a tad overused. Some people just enjoy different things, that is life. Some people like the grind and the commitment. They will defend what they enjoy same as you would defend your dislike for the rng. Also RNG remains RNG so saying otherwise could possibly hold true. Some people have luck some don't. Some care enough about the rng to notice (yourself) while some give less then 3 squirts (maybe luna). Or some people have such luck you would swear they cheated. Personally know a few people and friends I wanted to give a kick in the ass for the luck that took me either hrs or money to achieve. Sometimes I have had luck of the gods myself. RNG

As for that edited part....you could just not have the tab up to get the notifications. 

1 minute ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Many reasons, not everything is cut and dry. I know for a fact some folks stay around in forums and the like to keep tabs on a game to see if the reasons for quitting have been changed or eased. Or if something has happened to warrant a return despite the initial issues. But yes leaving would be optimal however sometimes an addicted type attitude comes into play. I mean it really isn't rocket science. However some do it for negativity and more malicious reasons. I can't comment on others personally.

Also yes these events do try to lure folks in. However these events also are overall crappy and try to lure money in as well. I am not going to knock the event however, but if we are going to speak on "era" let's go all the way then? Back when events were actually fun and eventful? back when events were thoughtful and something to look forward to.

When I started playing MMOs the events in the games I played were well. Not even possible to finish without spending money as for example you needed extra tickets to be able to finish dungeons which ofc you got only from cash shops. Other method was ofc to buy the items from other players but they were super expensive and buying even one of those items required half an hour farming non stop not to mention you needed 250 of those items to get one of the event items. I might be playing "wrong games" but I find these fun when there is secure way to obtain at least something.

I understand the wish to be able to play again and have things better but in my honest opinion wouldn't it be better to tell all the reasons they quit and leave it there and not bluntly say "quit also"? I was also devastated when I had the problem of 24/7 maintenance for 4-5 days and nothing seemed to help. I tried WTFast also during that time and it helped until my computer decided that nope WTFast crashes each time you launch it and cannot be anymore used. I also had premium during that time so rip 4 days of premium but I never thought that I would need compensation for that. Even if some see me as white knight I have had my bad experiences also but yet those don't ruin my game. And I appreciate all the free stuff we get even if it's not the rarest ones. Maybe NC should stop giving us events for few months since everyone's going to complain about them anyway?

5 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

When I started playing MMOs the events in the games I played were well. Not even possible to finish without spending money as for example you needed extra tickets to be able to finish dungeons which ofc you got only from cash shops. Other method was ofc to buy the items from other players but they were super expensive and buying even one of those items required half an hour farming non stop not to mention you needed 250 of those items to get one of the event items. I might be playing "wrong games" but I find these fun when there is secure way to obtain at least something.

I understand the wish to be able to play again and have things better but in my honest opinion wouldn't it be better to tell all the reasons they quit and leave it there and not bluntly say "quit also"? I was also devastated when I had the problem of 24/7 maintenance for 4-5 days and nothing seemed to help. I tried WTFast also during that time and it helped until my computer decided that nope WTFast crashes each time you launch it and cannot be anymore used. I also had premium during that time so rip 4 days of premium but I never thought that I would need compensation for that. Even if some see me as white knight I have had my bad experiences also but yet those don't ruin my game. And I appreciate all the free stuff we get even if it's not the rarest ones. Maybe NC should stop giving us events for few months since everyone's going to complain about them anyway?

Welp I feel a bit sorry for your experiences then because I remember fondly the events where GM's would come and speak to the players, give out items, have quizes both to PM them for answers OR have a special area where you go on one side for yes and the other for no being outed if you got wrong. Or simple hide and seek, find x items in the world find the GM etc. Then again I could've just been young and naive to the cash grabbyness, just all around naive and just happy to be playing or simply lucky in the games I chose to play or the times I was around in those games. Can no longer say but the fond memories however remain.

That last bit would delve into human nature, newer generations, mindsets and changes in outlook as times changed. Have no issue speaking on them however it would be a long and probably derailing time. Or a quick one.....no idea. Would depend on how the convo would go. At any rate the issue with events is perhaps my very own issues. Memories of good ones that made you happy to login and participate. Could also be simple agitation toward NC as a whole where everything they do (unless godly) is bad. I mean I could speculate quite a bit why people complain about these events. But I can positively say why I personally don't care for them. They seem half-assed and lazy imo with a monetary motive behind them. But as i said, that is just me.

5 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Welp I feel a bit sorry for your experiences then because I remember fondly the events where GM's would come and speak to the players, give out items, have quizes both to PM them for answers OR have a special area where you go on one side for yes and the other for no being outed if you got wrong. Or simple hide and seek, find x items in the world find the GM etc. Then again I could've just been young and naive to the cash grabbyness, just all around naive and just happy to be playing or simply lucky in the games I chose to play or the times I was around in those games. Can no longer say but the fond memories however remain.

I have had this experience only once. And surprise, it was in private server of an MMO. Never in official ones. No wait. I met once GM in official game and my experience was to get ignored and feel humiliated as someone decided to tell the GM to "ban this b**ch because she hurt my feelings" because I refused the guy's couple request. I should simply stop playing games when I attract weird guys around me...

8 minutes ago, Lunakitty said:

I have had this experience only once. And surprise, it was in private server of an MMO. Never in official ones. No wait. I met once GM in official game and my experience was to get ignored and feel humiliated as someone decided to tell the GM to "ban this b**ch because she hurt my feelings" because I refused the guy's couple request. I should simply stop playing games when I attract weird guys around me...

Yea......I am not sure how to comment on that. But those experience listed where official. Didn't start on my pserver binge until late in my mmos cycle. At any rate I feel as though I am going to take this off topic so will take my leave. Have a lovely evening or morning. 

8 minutes ago, ChubbyFatBoy said:

Yea......I am not sure how to comment on that. But those experience listed where official. Didn't start on my pserver binge until late in my mmos cycle. At any rate I feel as though I am going to take this off topic so will take my leave. Have a lovely evening or morning. 

You too. Sleep well if it's that time, or bon appetit if it's breakfast time. ^^

Archived