SSP is the most retarded thing I've ever seen in an MMO

Windbrand

Whoever designed this should be fired for incompetence and lack of common sense.

• Why only credit 1/3 the players attacking a mob? Why do you like trolling everyone else? Do you not see a problem when a 600AP FM gets absolutely nothing for half the mobs? Why not just give everyone credit/loot if s/he participates, or is that against your mandatory policy to troll players as much as possible?
  • Only 3-4 channels when 500 people want to do this mode on weekends. Are you f*cking kidding me? Explain to me how an average player is supposed to get ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING when 100 people are pounding on a mob at the same time, killing it in 2-3 seconds. Is it rocket science to make more channels?
  • Only 10-20% chance to drop a key from any of the boxes. Don't bother telling me otherwise, I have enough data from opening these shit boxes to literally prove it's 10-20%. Opening 20 boxes and not getting a SINGLE KEY is a common occurence now. Do you know how hard it is for players to even get credit for anything?? Or were the devs testing this mode in an environment where there were only 10 players? After grinding this area for 2 hours you'll be lucky if you end up with 2 keys
  • Did you forget that people run this mode so they can upgrade their weapons? Or did you design this because people enjoy doing it for no rewards? Explain to me how the f*ck are ~450-550AP people supposed to get ANYTHING in this mode, i.e. the people who actually need the soulstones/moonstones the most because they want to upgrade?? Players sprint to a monster, spam every single key lightning fast, and end up with what? Absolutely nothing, because oh gee, they weren't among the top 20 damage dealers. Did you design this mode only for the 700AP people because they have nothing better to do?
  • Trying to get credit for Grindtooth = trying to solo Asura at 450AP. You'll have better luck climbing the CN tower barehanded without any safety equipment than getting credit for this

Daily SSP routine for the average non-700 player.

• Accept all quests, wait for capture phase
  • Watch in stunned silence as capture phase boss is killed in 2 seconds (no I'm not exaggerating) <--- 0 reward/credit
  • Wait for mine phase
  • Run to every single mob like a madman praying to at least get some credit. Nope of course not, because even if you start attacking it from 100% HP, there's only a 1/3 chance you'll ever get anything, then watch in stunned silence as the mob dies and you get a big fat middle finger from the devs
  • A blue moon occurs and you happen to get a chest from the terrors because there were only <20 people attacking it, OMG, won the lottery. Open chest -> get 1 faction insignia and nothing else
  • Curse at the game
  • Watch in stunned silence as 100 people obliterate Grindtooth within 5 seconds and you getting a bag of dust on the ground
  • Wait for people at tent during break, once in a blue moon a party forms and you actually get credit! 20 soulstones
  • Congrats, you just wasted 1 hour of your life for 20-30 soulstones
  • Look at your upgrade cost then just give up on this game. 110 moonstones. Going from breeze to scorpio. You just wasted an entire day and got what... 2 moonstones?

I have played MMO's for almost 10 years and I have never seen this level of lack of common sense in game design. This game couldn't be more opposite of GW2, which encourages group play and people helping each other, even if it tried. More people the merrier because everyone gets a share of the loot and no one gets f*cked. Instead, this game encourages selfishness, senseless competition, and the "if you get f*cked then I don't get f*Cked, therefore you can go die" sentiment. I imagine every player in SSP pretty much hopes all the other players d/c or gets killed so they can hog all the loot. I'm not surprised because that's exactly how I feel every time I go through this bullshit.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Whoever designed this should be fired for incompetence and lack of common sense.

• Why only credit 1/3 the players attacking a mob? Why do you like trolling everyone else? Do you not see a problem when a 600AP FM gets absolutely nothing for half the mobs? Why not just give everyone credit/loot if s/he participates, or is that against your mandatory policy to troll players as much as possible?
  • Only 3-4 channels when 500 people want to do this mode on weekends. Are you f*cking kidding me? Explain to me how an average player is supposed to get ANY CREDIT FOR ANYTHING when 100 people are pounding on a mob at the same time, killing it in 2-3 seconds. Is it rocket science to make more channels?
  • Only 10-20% chance to drop a key from any of the boxes. Do you know how hard it is for players to even get credit for anything?? Or were the devs testing this mode in an environment where there were only 10 players? After grinding this area for 2 hours you'll be luc

1. Wrong, and letting everyone tag and get credit would only invite more bots.  Im on a destro and only have issues with Grindtooth once in awhile now a days. 

2. Impossible, literally impossible. Theres enough channels to support the amount of people in SSP and once the limit is reached a new channel is auto created and doesnt let you in the full one. 

3. Its more like 10-20% of getting 5 keys from Grindtooth. 

Meh dont care enough to keep going

2 hours ago, Windbrand said:
  • Only 10-20% chance to drop a key from any of the boxes. Do you know how hard it is for players to even get credit for anything?? Or were the devs testing this mode in an environment where there were only 10 players? After grinding this area for 2 hours you'll be lucky if you end up with 2 keys
  • Did you forget that people run this mode so they can upgrade their weapons? Or did you design this because people enjoy doing it for no rewards? Explain to me how the f*ck are ~450-550AP people supposed to get ANYTHING in this mode, i.e. the people who actually need the soulstones/moonstones the most because they want to upgrade?? Players sprint to a monster, spam every single key lightning fast, and end up with what? Absolutely nothing, because oh gee, they weren't among the top 20 damage dealers. Did you design this mode only for the 700AP people because they have nothing better to do?
  • Trying to get credit for Grindtooth = trying to solo Asura at 450AP. You'll have better luck climbing the CN tower barehanded without any safety equipment than getting credit for this
  1. If everyone got credit for JUST hitting Grindtooth that would only invite more bots, and ultimately crash the Moonstone market which by economy 101 is a horrendous thing to do.
  2. Channels are only created when all the channels available are full, and the server merge should actually increase that if everyone didn't suddenly ragequit.
  3. That's the fault of the community's own greed, stubbornness, and selfishness. If everyone actually came to a compromise to not cause a PvP havoc and fairly split Grindtooth, which the entire Asia Country literally did, everyone would get Moonstones fair and square.
  4. They've actually added more ways to actually get Moonstones, twice indirectly through SSP adjustments from nerfing field Terror's HP and flushing out more potential channels from server merge, and once directly through Mushin's Tower loot table which by the way is completely doable with a broken weapon. Instead, the community refuses to take advantage of this and just deflect blame.
  5. Again, community's fault.

Don't bother to point the obvious, some Gm's alts will respond saying "git gud" or some bullshit like that. This place is desolated to have a decent conversation with another player (the fanboys or GM doesn't count as players) They will get mad and say something like "learn to play dude xDDDD". I repeat, try another place to have a decent thread with player and fair opinions (Reddit is pretty meh and /bnsg/ is ERP only)
Ded game.

56 minutes ago, Brand X said:

If this is the most retarded thing you've seen in a MMO, you haven't been playing many MMOs.  :p

Granted it might be an exaggeration but I did play many MMOs. Even if it wasn't the "most retarded thing" it has to be the "top 3 most retarded things".

List of MMO's I've played:

- Conquer

- WoW

- Diablo 3 (some might not consider it an MMO but whatever)

- Path of Exile

- Ragnorak Online

- Rift

- TERA

- Scarlet Blade

- Guild Wars 2

- Marvel Heroes

- Age of Wulin

- Vindictus

- Lunia

Only the ones I can think of right now.

Why I think it's retarded? Because it goes against the very thing MMO's are supposed to do, encourage players to group together. You are punished for grouping together in this game, it's that simple. More people = less loot = chance to get NO loot in this game. Combine that with inadequate playing space (channels) and what do you get? Half the people in SSP ragequitting that's what you get. This is North America, not Korea. Just because people might be fine with getting a big fat zero after a hard day of work in Korea doesn't mean it should happen in NA. We actually like to get some shit for the work we do.

I have seen MMOs encourage solo play for quite awhile now.  When it encouraged group play, people complained it encouraged group play.  

When it comes to group and solo play, no MMO company will ever win over the complaints on that.  "Whine!  I can't get this item, because I refuse to team!"  "Whine!  I don't want to have to solo for this item!"  It's no win.

Quit BnS, enough said. Although I missed the graphics and controls, it was undeniably the best graphic designs and control among all the games if played,  but my life was definitely less pissed after I quit. Trust me bro, uninstall it and welcome to the cheerful side. I am so glad that I've quit it. 

11 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Why I think it's retarded? Because it goes against the very thing MMO's are supposed to do, encourage players to group together. You are punished for grouping together in this game, it's that simple. More people = less loot = chance to get NO loot in this game. Combine that with inadequate playing space (channels) and what do you get? Half the people in SSP ragequitting that's what you get. This is North America, not Korea. Just because people might be fine with getting a big fat zero after a hard day of work in Korea doesn't mean it should happen in NA. We actually like to get some shit for the work we do.

People are only "punished" because they're not making the most efficient method of collaborating. Unlike NA, all Asia servers, Korean included, ACTUALLY manage to profit off of Soulstone Plains every time. Why? Because literally the entire Asian Country unanimously agreed to split Soulstone Plains between factions, not start a grief war that benefits no one, and battle the mobs with a reasonable amount of players and damage output for everyone to get credit.

It's simply greed, stubbornness, and selfishness by the NA/EU community that garnered the whole Moonstone issue. The server merge potentially increased the number of channels on Soulstone Plains, yet everyone refused to take advantage of that by seeing it in a negative light. If everyone just took a step back, and followed the example laid out by the Asia community, none of these problems would have risen in the first place.

2 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

People are only "punished" because they're not making the most efficient method of collaborating. Unlike NA, all Asia servers, Korean included, ACTUALLY manage to profit off of Soulstone Plains every time. Why? Because literally the entire Asian Country unanimously agreed to split Soulstone Plains between factions, not start a grief war that benefits no one, and battle the mobs with a reasonable amount of players and damage output for everyone to get credit.

It's simply greed, stubbornness, and selfishness by the NA/EU community that garnered the whole Moonstone issue. The server merge potentially increased the number of channels on Soulstone Plains, yet everyone refused to take advantage of that by seeing it in a negative light. If everyone just took a step back, and followed the example laid out by the Asia community, none of these problems would have risen in the first place.

I understand what you're trying to say but you're forgetting something very important. You're forgetting language barrier that we have in the NA/EU community, a lot of people who play on the NA/EU servers don't even understand the spoken language and thus don't even know what is being said thus they go around messing things up even if others are trying to work thing out to favour everyone. I personally believe things are good on the Asian servers because almost all the people who play on them speak the language, Chinese speak Chinese, Japanese speak Japanese(get ban if you don't in public chat) and Koreans speak Koreans, over there the community works because the community can communicate with its self but as you can see NA/EU is mix bag.

Keeping community and communication in mine, the amount of people that play on the NA servers that don't speak a word of English is crazy high, how do you have a community that works when so many of the members don't even speak the language of the servers? How do you make agreements and enforce the rules of these agreement within a community that can't even communicate.

The people that ruin SSP are the ones that need it the least and those that help them are the ones that you have ruin it for. What I'm talking about is the rich overgeared people(wales) who are bored and want to ruin others experience for their own enjoyment, I say take a look at the people who are telling you to go and kill the red/blue mining NPC's and keep in mind how many times you're dead and get no credit for it because you were just fodders for these people, now remember that these are the same people that channel hop to your channel after all the works been done to rob you of the reward you have been working for over those 24 minute. At some point we need to stop raiding each others mining channels because we're losing time and effort and gaining nothing, what do you lose from letting the other faction mining a channel or two while you mine your own channels, is that not winning or is depriving others of something winning?

If NCsoft wants to fix faction mining they simple need to increase mining NPC's HP and Damage out put so that 4 overgeared people can't kill them in a min or so, I mean why does the mining bot only have 2mil HP, just me a 626ap summoner can kill that idiot NPC in a little over 2 minute time.

21 hours ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

1. Wrong, and letting everyone tag and get credit would only invite more bots.  Im on a destro and only have issues with Grindtooth once in awhile now a days. 

2. Impossible, literally impossible. Theres enough channels to support the amount of people in SSP and once the limit is reached a new channel is auto created and doesnt let you in the full one. 

3. Its more like 10-20% of getting 5 keys from Grindtooth. 

Meh dont care enough to keep going

1. You realize there are other servers in this game? Servers with 100 people in SSP at once? Servers where it's impossible to get loot?

2. So 100 people in SSP at once is considered ok? Instead of 4 channels all with 100 people, why not make 10+ channels with only <50 people each so less people get f*cked? Of course not, because NCS prefers there's always some people f*cked. Having everyone get loot would go against this company's mandate

3. Uhh NO. This is not my first day of playing SSP alright? I'm 99% sure the chance of getting a key from the terror box is 10-20%. Why? Because I've opened hundreds of those damn boxes and actually counted. There are times where I got ZERO KEYS from opening all the boxes from like 2 runs. Pure bullshit. Why not just put a "haha sucker you get nothing" note in it instead? Even that would be better than getting 1 faction insignia which is garbage

It's totally retarded ,frustrating and the players indeed get the mid finger with the RNG loot -if they get any loot.Since the servers merged i NEVER got to kill Suljun or king Grindtooth.At the moment they spawn-my pc completely freeze for 5 sec -after they are dead -my pc gets back to normal.I have 650 AP-summoner .Because of the game bad optimisation,servers merge and multiboxers and channels hoppers i don't get anymore credit from SSP.Entire area is a big frustration for many of us ,yet the devs does not ever gives us an official answer regarding this problem ,instead of this ,they put moonstones into the store.Probably they will keep this zone same for long ,as long ppls will buy the mats from store because they can't farm them.It's sad ,but devs don't care about how many channels opening ,how much should be the hard cap for each channel and how much dmg should be taken in consideration to get credit from mobs.

Probably some kind of scaling gear /ap would be maybe competitive and the  channels restricted to 24 mans each side .They have 24 mans raids and they aren't even looking good -the areas where some important boss spawns are imideately invaded by invitation in party ,making them very soonish proned to lagfest -resulting in players not able to get loot .

My two cents -stop inviting ppls in your channel -is enough one to come that holds tones of bots (multiboxer) and your loot is screwed.Then i see same person which asked humble few moments ago for an invitation in channel-selling moonstones and keys in faction chat ,skipping the tax from marketplace-because why not,the game has no strictly rules about this .I would like to see the damn keys un-tradable ,same for moonstones.Guess what,the plague will be wiped from first day.

13 hours ago, SpellCharm said:

I understand what you're trying to say but you're forgetting something very important. You're forgetting language barrier that we have in the NA/EU community, a lot of people who play on the NA/EU servers don't even understand the spoken language and thus don't even know what is being said thus they go around messing things up even if others are trying to work thing out to favour everyone. I personally believe things are good on the Asian servers because almost all the people who play on them speak the language, Chinese speak Chinese, Japanese speak Japanese(get ban if you don't in public chat) and Koreans speak Koreans, over there the community works because the community can communicate with its self but as you can see NA/EU is mix bag.

Keeping community and communication in mine, the amount of people that play on the NA servers that don't speak a word of English is crazy high, how do you have a community that works when so many of the members don't even speak the language of the servers? How do you make agreements and enforce the rules of these agreement within a community that can't even communicate.

If NCsoft wants to fix faction mining they simple need to increase mining NPC's HP and Damage out put so that 4 overgeared people can't kill them in a min or so, I mean why does the mining bot only have 2mil HP, just me a 626ap summoner can kill that idiot NPC in a little over 2 minute time.

Ah yes, that's true. There isn't an easy solution to the language barrier, but that's completely out of NCSoft's ability since that's a community-based problem. But then wouldn't a fair and square SSP set an example for all those to see, both new players and different languages?

Increasing mob's HP would actually make it worse. Contribution is based on a HP percentage of the boss and by raising HP you're making everyone do more work to get credit, which is already hard enough as it is for the lower geared people. Likewise, getting credit for just hitting Grindtooth would only encourage botters.

The better option would be to convert SSP into a 24-man zone for both sides to drastically limit the amount of players present.

Honestly botters getting free moonstones is MUCH BETTER than botters getting free moonstones AND half the players not getting anything whatsoever. There are bots there now anyways, I don't think anyone would care about more bots if they get credit for what they participated in.

This game completely fails in even remotely preventing bots anyways. GameGuard is an absolute complete joke and is more trashware than "bot prevention". They might as well just give up on "bot prevention" and instead making the game actually less frustrating for actual players.

http://imgur.com/a/5ossR

Boars, sacred beasts, suljun die in less than 5 seconds. Channels are supposed to have 24man limit but there are over 50 people in 1 channel. People can join a channel just by being in the same party regardless of the number of people in that channel which is the real cause of this clusterfck. Either open more channels or prevent this stupidity. Also this "channels will open when there are more people than its limit" is a joke. Low-level areas have 20 channels and every time i make a new class to level it's the same thing; empty channels yet shit tons of them. So yeah fix your shit nc.

P.S. There are still quite a lot of people outside of the frame.

The channel limit should be hard capped at 24 for sure.  It is so ridiculous, to see hoards of people poring into a full channel. Bosses that die before a single Meteor finishes is some next level trash there.

On 2016-07-31 at 4:16 AM, Truthonly said:

@Windbrand So true your post! Its says all that ncsoft should know.

@TheLimNabuGW2 hast also very good graphics among other better things then BnS, except Huge breasts unfortunately... (The main reason 90% people play BnS)

I quit GW2 because the graphics were... technically good, yes. But entirely uninspired. World, armour and weapons are overall incredibly boring. I don't care if BnS has larger boobs and legs four times of length of the torso, it has much better, skillful play and breathtaking environments. I can also put way more detailed personalized customization into my character. I honestly think GW2's failing was trying too hard to encourage community play. If everyone gets credit for everything (which in most cases makes sense), no one has a reason to talk to each other beyond role play. Guilds never had a tight sense of community there because they were too incentivized to join.

On Saturday, July 30, 2016 at 10:52 AM, Windbrand said:

• Only 10-20% chance to drop a key from any of the boxes. Do you know how hard it is for players to even get credit for anything?? Or were the devs testing this mode in an environment where there were only 10 players? After grinding this area for 2 hours you'll be lucky if you end up with 2 keys

Daily SSP routine for the average non-700 player.

• Accept all quests, wait for capture phase
  • Watch in stunned silence as capture phase boss is killed in 2 seconds (no I'm not exaggerating) <--- 0 reward/credit
  • Wait for mine phase
  • Run to every single mob like a madman praying to at least get some credit. Nope of course not, because even if you start attacking it from 100% HP, there's only a 1/3 chance you'll ever get anything, then watch in stunned silence as the mob dies and you get a big fat middle finger from the devs
  • A blue moon occurs and you happen to get a chest from the terrors because there were only <20 people attacking it, OMG, won the lottery. Open chest -> get 1 faction insignia and nothing else
  • Curse at the game
  • Watch in stunned silence as 100 people obliterate Grindtooth within 5 seconds and you getting a bag of dust on the ground
  • Wait for people at tent during break, once in a blue moon a party forms and you actually get credit! 20 soulstones
  • Congrats, you just wasted 1 hour of your life for 20-30 soulstones
  • Look at your upgrade cost then just give up on this game. 110 moonstones. Going from breeze to scorpio. You just wasted an entire day and got what... 2 moonstones?

I have played MMO's for almost 10 years and I have never seen this level of lack of common sense in game design. This game couldn't be more opposite of GW2, which encourages group play and people helping each other, even if it tried. More people the merrier because everyone gets a share of the loot and no one gets f*cked. Instead, this game encourages selfishness, senseless competition, and the "if you get f*cked then I don't get f*Cked, therefore you can go die" sentiment. I imagine every player in SSP pretty much hopes all the other players d/c or gets killed so they can hog all the loot. I'm not surprised because that's exactly how I feel every time I go through this bullshit.

So because your greedy  community bypasses channel limits and keeps it to like 2 channels instead of spanning it out like there supposed to you think it's retarded no its the community that's retarded get it right 

1 hour ago, WLraik said:

My real question is: How the hell the korean players didn't complain when it was released in Korea?

They just accept everything?  This is why we have stupid things like Bay Lee.

The people in asia split the channels, one is for ceru and the other crimson.There they help each other. Speaking from experience with asia. If channels r full  just wait a bit  plenty of people there to help u out eventually.

Lots of people here in the west are complete selfish (insert any curseword)

And so many r gullable and fall for NCwest crap in cashshop. Look at em spending cash in shop when the devs could have come with better sollutions, not just for the alrdy high lv/equipment peeps. But this is the easy way out right?!?

And I was one of the few who thanked NC at launch....why did they have to screw up so many things....

inc whiteknights and people who may b offended.

7 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

So because your greedy  community bypasses channel limits and keeps it to like 2 channels instead of spanning it out like there supposed to you think it's retarded no its the community that's retarded get it right 

The people that do it think it is good enough to keep doing it, but it is ruined content for the people that know better.  It will stay broken unless they shift their mentality(unlikely) or changes are made to force them to. The devs are probably laughing at all the empty dead channels going to waste as the community struggles for moonstones.

4 minutes ago, jones6 said:

The people that do it think it is good enough to keep doing it, but it is ruined content for the people that know better.  It will stay broken unless they shift their mentality(unlikely) or changes are made to force them to. The devs are probably laughing at all the empty dead channels going to waste as the community struggles for moonstones.

Exactly my point

That's why I keep saying there is not a moonstone problem 

It's a community problem 

It's also why I don't waste time in SSP I'd rather farm the gold and buy them instead of trying to flex my epeen in SSP 

But atleast I'm making a killing in gloomdross with this event ??

On 7/30/2016 at 1:52 PM, Windbrand said:

1. How do you NOT get credit as 600AP FM? You must be either trolling or just terrible at the game. If you're a 600AP melee class or 550AP ranged class I can see that, but 600AP FM not getting credit? What?

2. Agreed on channels, disagree on mobs dying in 2-3 seconds. Seriously, no, you can't kill them in 2-3 seconds. You're overly exaggerating, stop doing that because it doesn't help.

3. 10-20% chance to get keys from Defend Terrors, yes. If you kill the Miners or the boss on the 1st stage, the chance is actually roughly 50%. If you're lucky enough and get credit from Grindtooth, another 50% for a key and it can crit for 5 keys instead.

4. You don't need to be in top 20 DPS or some shit to get credit. You just need to do enough damage. I have no proof but most of them require you to deal at least 1% for you to get their boxes, with the exception of Grindtooth that I believe someone said requires 1.5% which is a big difference considering a lot of people just AFK until Grindtooth appears, then a buttload of people would come just to kill it, reducing your chance to get the box drastically.

5. There's a trick to get credit for Grindtooth, different for each classes, but FM should be the easiest class to get credit from it, because not only are you ranged, you deal the most DPS out of any class, plus you have decent protection in the case it charges into you.

While I agree that SSP is somewhat bullshit and just plain bad at the moment, I disagree with a lot of what you say and the way you deliver them. They're just bad.

Archived