Is Gloomdross Incursion easy dungeon?

Ruziro

I would recommend having closer to 500 AP. I am not sure about the minimum but it will be SUPER hard to find party that doesn't leave you alone for having too low AP in their opinion. Usually people search for 500, 550 or 600+ parties for that and I am sure LFP recruits also expect to get such team.

I agree the dungeon was a tad too easy. Someone in my clan was saying that the mobs hit hard. I went one night for the first time there with two other players. None of us knew anything about the dungeon and we cleared it 3 man on first try.

2 hours ago, ARC1276 said:

Gloomdross is a joke. Honestly.

It can be done with 400 AP in 6 man and 500 in 4 man. Maybe I might be exaggerating but, in all honesty, it's as easy as Necropolis, maybe easier.

Its easier. No mini boss at the start and 1 less core to deal with.

Not hard, per say. You play as the rescue party for strong NPCs, and then fight arachnophobia for an anti-fatso weapon. However a lot of people struggle on the last boss because they don't understand or know how to position themselves properly, or even the most basic knowledge of CCing.

5 hours ago, Lunakitty said:

Someone in my clan was saying that the mobs hit hard.

The first time I tried 4-man and went to rescue the NPCs, I got brutally murdered in Shadow build because I underestimated their strength. I still see at least one person ending up dying on either core or while trying to rescue the NPCs.

I think it's a pretty easy dungeon. The mobs hit hard, but for some mobs, you just have to know how they attack and you would be avoiding a lot of damage. E.g. standing by NPCs is a bad idea since the ball throwing mobs throw their balls at them dealing 20k dmg-ish, and they don't throw their balls at players.

The retrieval of NPCs for the first orb will be difficult to solo imo since they hit pretty hard. Some of them have 4 mobs guarding the body and you can almost be one-shot especially if they CC you.

The boss is really easy especially if your team knows the mechanics. If they don't then you will probably have a bad time.

I was able to 4-man this in a 550+ group and it went about as smoothly as a normal 6-man.

34 minutes ago, Arkragon said:

The retrieval of NPCs for the first orb will be difficult to solo imo since they hit pretty hard. Some of them have 4 mobs guarding the body and you can almost be one-shot especially if they CC you.

Stealth Sin for hire. We suck at guarding the core ourselves anyway.

I haven't done Gloomdross Incursion outside 540+ AP premades, but it's less mechanically punishing than Shattered Masts nor is it much harder than Necropolis also mechanics-wise , for what it's worth.

Mobs do hit you hard, however, particularly the ones you have to deal with when rescuing NPCs to defend first orb/core. It's not so bad when dealing with a single one if you keep CCing them, but having to deal with 4 at the same time on your own can be overwhelming if you don't have the stats to overcome them before they beat you. Spiders don't seem to be quite as powerful, though, plus it's a bit easier to keep them apart from each other for longer, so getting ovewhelmed is less of an issue against them.

Also, as usually the lower AP guy (543, currently), I immediately relegate myself to NPC rescuing and spider killing instead of defending orbs directly. It's arguably easier for my Destroyer anyway, since HM Emberstomp + Typhoon makes it easy enough. Great combo against groups of non-double CC enemies.

Boss is probably the most mechanically punishing if you don't know what to do, but if you do (as in basically not letting it heal itself via zombies, ever), it's a pushover.

Very easy. All problems are from mechanics execution and attitude.  I've been in 600Ap party which fail because ppl start blaming each other and poof...

..gotta practice of being a bait myself X3 ... Im a destroyer.. usually in the run i will CC the boss before AOE. and if necessary, i will grab.   Most baiting job are usually done by my sin friend and she did so well.  But soon or later i might end up need to do some baiting work.

One question tho.. so right after CC the boss will jump to targeted player, sometime even when bait already stationed itself at the farthest (correct) point.  The boss jumped and landing at wrong point.

During that run a summoner was present nearby.. i wonder if it's because of cat or something else ? Or simply because the bait doesn't run fast enough and boss already registered it's last position (instead of his current/new position) ?

5 hours ago, JoannaRamira said:

One question tho.. so right after CC the boss will jump to targeted player, sometime even when bait already stationed itself at the farthest (correct) point.  The boss jumped and landing at wrong point.

During that run a summoner was present nearby.. i wonder if it's because of cat or something else ? Or simply because the bait doesn't run fast enough and boss already registered it's last position (instead of his current/new position) ?

there are 2 possible answer to that.

1. the "bait" didnt manage to get the mark and the member who stole that position didnt do what is a bait supposedly do. i mostly see this mistake.

2. you said there's summoner, that summoner probably stopped the jump by using root (1) while boss is about to jump. at asian server, i (summoner) did that mistake many times, which made the boss land like half-way. >,<

FM's skill (dunno what it is, skills that sometimes stop boss movement) and WL's chain can also do that mistake, im not sure if SF is included. but most of the time, this is WL and summoner's fault. xD

Yeah, you generally wanna avoid using root/snare skills on boss. You might want to save that root for AFTER the jump, when you're absolutely sure boss is lined up in a way zombies will get bound by the seed. Or, if you really wanna play safe, don't root/snare boss at all. I've had one run where a Summoner would root boss right before the jump to the bait. You don't do that, at least not after a binding seed was summoned.

Such skills really even aren't needed anyway since boss already moves so little, besides the moments when farthest person needs to play bait, ofc.

On 7/30/2016 at 9:58 PM, Ruziro said:

hi im 454 ap warlock can i run gloomdross incursion 

It is easy although granted you have to know the boss mechanic and what you need to do. I cleared it last night with 1 550 (my FM), 1 543, 1 490, 1 475, 1 450, and 1 420.

Yea it was a clan run since I know my clanmate who are under 500 will never be able to pug

• 1 year later...
On 15/08/2016 at 5:14 PM, YamiKokennin said:

It is easy although granted you have to know the boss mechanic and what you need to do. I cleared it last night with 1 550 (my FM), 1 543, 1 490, 1 475, 1 450, and 1 420.

Yea it was a clan run since I know my clanmate who are under 500 will never be able to pug

My jaw dropped at first as I counted those AP values as being in the thousands, lol!

1550 AP, 1543 AP, 1490 AP, etc.

On 5/21/2018 at 4:20 AM, Laendrea said:

My jaw dropped at first as I counted those AP values as being in the thousands, lol!

1550 AP, 1543 AP, 1490 AP, etc.

This was in 2016 my boi. Old times

Archived