Server transfers?

Altheatheia

Wow, I gotta applaud the NC Soft for giving a comprehensive response as to why not. In SWTOR there was some vague allusions to legal issues. SWTOR did in the end permitted Regional transfers about 5 years into the game at a rather dramatic cost.

But, at least the OP got a definitive response, not silence or maybe. Now s/he can act on this information without endlessly worrying if s/he'd done something wrong.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We'll see.

That legal problem there.

NCWEST is a delegation of NCSOFT KOREA, only have a place in Europe and North America where one in income make money, but money will korea, which controls all Asia.

The only legal problem is that employees earn commissions for the money paid on your server, that's all.

Everything else that has become clans and ranks and mail box to the crafts is something that the player will surely not mind losing.

What of the player code 00001 bla bla bla is easily programmable and changeable nick.

For the players we buy services do not want defective things, and if it's bad because for me someone who is paying or payment and have a defective service, I think at least the least we deserve is to make fun, I can understand a player .

The company is not acceptable.

22 minutes ago, KanekiKen said:

Uh, no. I can't recall off hand what the limitations where for SWTOR, but NC Soft did not quote them in their post, so I assume they do not apply to BnS. As for technical issues, thing is, I'd rather they do not mess with their databases for the sake of what can be resolved by other means, such as, yes, regrinding a character for the number of people who would move between the regions. If they need to change their database structure or something to just accommodate a few users, it's kind of crazy. I'd rather they made the game more friendly to the alts and new players, then you could reroll and play with friends in both NA and EU, and have lost of characters. :)

That would benefit >>>> than just a few folks stranded in a wrong region.

I buy the premium of 365 days,

3 weeks ago that I can not move, 3 seconds to execute the skill.

Tera - Valley of Titans NA 130 ms - no delay
Black Desert - Orwen / Velia 01 NA 140 ms - no delay
B & S - Mushin NA 500 ms - big delay

As you compensate three weeks of faulty service, I paid for each day I play.

40 minutes ago, KanekiKen said:

We'll see.

NCWEST is a delegation of NCSOFT KOREA, only have a place in Europe and North America where one in income make money, but money will korea, which controls all Asia.

The only legal problem is that employees earn commissions for the money paid on your server, that's all.

Everything else that has become clans and ranks and mail box to the crafts is something that the player will surely not mind losing.

What of the player code 00001 bla bla bla is easily programmable and changeable nick.

For the players we buy services do not want defective things, and if it's bad because for me someone who is paying or payment and have a defective service, I think at least the least we deserve is to make fun, I can understand a player .

The company is not acceptable.

How is it a defective service if the player themselves chose the wrong server to play on by there own choice?

There is also different legal laws between EU and NA kinda like why most toerrent places are based outa eu not the us so yes I can see where it can be a issue depending on what laws are involved 

The problem is there are players here with no experince what so ever with how NCsoft works and they come outta no where assuming things while they have 0 experince.

For your information each of NCsoft games have a server transfer, you didn't know? not my fault you assume too much, Aion and Guild War 2 have regions server transfer, you didn't know? also not my fault, Blade and Soul Korean region has a server transfer, did you know that or not?

The stracture of the code itself is there and easy to make it region if they want it to, its not impossible, its not against any rule or illegal, both EU and NA share so many things for example if you made H.M coins in EU you'll find it in NA, if you bought NCoins, you'll find it in both regions, they already share the same info, you think its impossible to share character infos too?? oh trust me they can do it if they want to, and i think they will, one day they will.

Most of the players came from other games didn't have any experince with Blade and Soul and how it works, they thought it would be as sync as the games they used to play because ping really not a big issue, but then they found out that Blade and Soul is a game that counts in ping more than any other game you'll ever play in your life.

Blade and Soul is a grinding game if you worked so hard for your gear it is impossible to start fresh in the other region (EU-NA), therefore it is impossible to come and tell the player " well its is your fault to start in the wrong region in the 1st place" no dude there is no such a thing, and since NCsoft games did it before Blade and Soul then it is not impossible to be done here too or illegal, otherwise other games would have problems.

Server region transfer? it is needed, its a feature that is not optional to think about, we need it because we love this game, i can't stop playing it and i am not planning to

8 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

The problem is there are players here with no experince what so ever with how NCsoft works and they come outta no where assuming things while they have 0 experince.

For your information each of NCsoft games have a server transfer, you didn't know? not my fault you assume too much, Aion and Guild War 2 have regions server transfer, you didn't know? also not my fault, Blade and Soul Korean region has a server transfer, did you know that or not?

The stracture of the code itself is there and easy to make it region if they want it to, its not impossible, its not against any rule or illegal, both EU and NA share so many things for example if you made H.M coins in EU you'll find it in NA, if you bought NCoins, you'll find it in both regions, they already share the same info, you think its impossible to share character infos too?? oh trust me they can do it if they want to, and i think they will, one day they will.

Most of the players came from other games didn't have any experince with Blade and Soul and how it works, they thought it would be as sync as the games they used to play because ping really not a big issue, but then they found out that Blade and Soul is a game that counts in ping more than any other game you'll ever play in your life.

Blade and Soul is a grinding game if you worked so hard for your gear it is impossible to start fresh in the other region (EU-NA), therefore it is impossible to come and tell the player " well its is your fault to start in the wrong region in the 1st place" no dude there is no such a thing, and since NCsoft games did it before Blade and Soul then it is not impossible to be done here too or illegal, otherwise other games would have problems.

Server region transfer? it is needed, its a feature that is not optional to think about, we need it because we love this game, i can't stop playing it and i am not planning to

If the servers were hosted at the same place I'm sure it would be a easy option for them but being the servers are in different locations is where then run into issues 

I have yet to see any game the has offered a Region transfer 

Sever transfer sure but not region 

2 hours ago, WhiteTrash said:

If the servers were hosted at the same place I'm sure it would be a easy option for them but being the servers are in different locations is where then run into issues 

I have yet to see any game the has offered a Region transfer 

Sever transfer sure but not region 

Guild War 2 and Aion have region transfer, both are NCsoft games :P you're welcome

1 minute ago, WhiteTrash said:

Being they share the trading post I bet there not separate and why they allow transfers 

Hence why they cannot go to China being hosted from a different server 

You actually believe what you're writing?
Dude ofc there is an EU server and NA server in GuildWar 2, they can't be the same servers, that's why your delay changes from a region to another in Guild War 2 according to your country.
They only allow it in EU/NA because we share the same language, same shop, same account database, and the same premium membership table!!!

2 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

Sigh they are already linked server wise sharing data and  sharing the market they have to be linked doing so they are already tied to a data center  to do so hence when they can do it all items created do not have a duplicate item number because they are already tied together so yes the main playerbase physical server may be different they are still tied between each other 

Unlike ours that are separate hence why they say they will not because items already have the same generated numbers on both servers would cause havoc trying to switch over 

And you actually think its impossible to create a new generated numbers for the transfered accounts? :D

15 minutes ago, Hamoud said:

You actually believe what you're writing?
Dude ofc there is an EU server and NA server in GuildWar 2, they can't be the same servers, that's why your delay changes from a region to another in Guild War 2 according to your country.
They only allow it in EU/NA because we share the same language, same shop, same account database, and the same premium membership table!!!

Sigh they are already linked server wise sharing data and  sharing the market they have to be linked doing so they are already tied to a data center  to do so hence when they can do it all items created do not have a duplicate item number because they are already tied together so yes the main playerbase physical server may be different they are still tied between each other 

Unlike ours that are separate hence why they say they will not because items already have the same generated numbers on both servers would cause havoc trying to switch over 

By defending the indefensible, this already happened in GW2, the result is that you have just implemented.

Population would not be so low that the wrong server.

You have some kind of hidden desire for this not possible?
As players have easy kill delay?

These things happen when you do a beta on a hosted server NA and then open the EU and copy-paste database

Just now, WhiteTrash said:

No but seems like alot of work on there end for people that chose themselves to go where they shouldn't have to start with lol 

Well ofc its alot of work, its not an easy job, but it's worth it, they will name the price and those who are frustrated such as me, will pay whatever they ask for, its a fair trade lol

1 minute ago, Hamoud said:

Well ofc its alot of work, its not an easy job, but it's worth it, they will name the price and those who are frustrated such as me, will pay whatever they ask for, its a fair trade lol

If they do I hope it's only only char no stoarge and some ungodly amount like 500 dollars to justify them putting in the work and pay for there developers salary to make it possible 

3 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

If they do I hope it's only only char no stoarge and some ungodly amount like 500 dollars to justify them putting in the work and pay for there developers salary to make it possible 

oh trust me, f**k my storage i don't want it, i just want my character + gear

• 1 month later...

All my friends in my server has left the game and I am left alone in this server. 

I have real life friends in another server and even some in-game friends in the same server. 

I would really love to change my server....

When the linked server group was introduced, BnS said they will release paid server transfer in near future and I still do not hear from them. 

" Additionally, if you want to further control what server group you’re in, we’re going to be releasing a paid server transfer service in the near future too; more information on this service will be released in the near future.

Do they have server transfer in another server? If so, that means we will have server transfer soon right? 

I don't know. I hope BnS didnt forget about paid server transfer :( 

This is so sad to be able to meet friend through cross server dungeons only.  

Oh cool. Just a question when they say paid server transfer, would that apply or be able for application towards region transfer as well? I have a gon I dont play in eu anymore but tbh destroyer has been my favorite class to play since day one. I only started in EU because I was in the UK at the time.

^disregard, most likely not possible^

BnS:
NA 64.25.39.1 - Texas
EU 206.127.158.1 - Frankfurt

GW2:

NA 64.25.39.1 - Texas
EU 206.127.158.1 - Frankfurt

Regards

This may be true but if it is Guild Wars 2 and other NCSOFT titles don't share name databases then, as much as I would like it to happen, region transfer may not be possible.

They may share trading posts, account information etc but to an extent, the servers these type of information are stored on is shared between same servers. Take for example, how are they going to transfer a toon to another region when its possible for another toon in that region to already have the same name? What about transferring a toon that already owns items and gear in one region, that can only exist in one instance per region(for example snowfield glasses), to another region where the account already has a toon with the same gear or items? Not possible.

What I wouldn't mind though(and may be possible yet still unlikely) is them transferring outfits that are no longer available ingame from one region to the other. Multiple instances of cash shop outfits are allowed to exist per account in same region. I remember sending in a ticket for a request just to get the cash shop outfits and accessories(all except for snowfield glasses) to be transferred or if it can be done for a price in the future and they said its not possible at the moment. So there's that I guess.

Archived