July 28 Live Stream Q&A

United17

So I tried to play attention here's what I picked up as facts from the live stream:

Moonstone shortage has an overhaul incoming as to what and exactly when was not said.

Whirlwind Valley overhaul for both rewards and accessibility is incoming.

Spirit of Bamboo will be available by some means in the future.

Wind/Thunder God outfits at some point, although it did not seem it would be happening soon.

No Poh pet for now.

New items will be added to the achievement merchant at some point.

Our client optimization is at the same point as all other clients except for optimization that affects only Soulstone Plains.

Outfits we voted on will be leaving the July 29th new outfits incoming they did not say which ones.

No plans for shared storage.

Crafting outfits and items will stay as is.

DPS meters in the next patch.

No in-game voice for our client ever. (thank god)

No voice over languages ever.

Skill updates and changes in the next patch.

Nothing said about a Summer Trove event.

Growth seeds will not become a permanent fixture.

They looking into the thunder thigh swimwear bug for you fatties.

All I can remember anyone else remember anything important post it.

6 minutes ago, KlausFlouride said:

DPS meter? Worst idea ever. My ping is total shit most days so I can hear the QQ now because I am Sin with 710ap so my dps should be insane.

Ya bad idea, it'll be a P2W meter more than anything.

I remembered I struggle through a few of the lv30+ dungs when i was in the Cinderland map...so weird they would bother re-code something like this but not other more important aspect of the game.

17 minutes ago, LordMg said:

They also said that green dungeons were removed from xserver because it's easy to find party for them and you can easily do them solo. :P

12 minutes ago, Mistia said:

I remembered I struggle through a few of the lv30+ dungs when i was in the Cinderland map...so weird they would bother re-code something like this but not other more important aspect of the game.

Seems like they could easily add a filter so if you know you not gonna be doing green dungeons they're simply filtered out.

Of course they would add the dps meter, same as they added p2w in the game even though the said they won't (yes yes I know: "omg, its pay to progress not pay to win, learn what p2w means omg, like, I can't even..!!"). Gratz for giving us Aion No2, now I guess next is timed dungeons and the once-per-week entrance for ALL endgame instances..! gg, drive your players away as you did with Aion! :D xoxo

1 hour ago, LordMg said:

They also said that green dungeons were removed from xserver because it's easy to find party for them and you can easily do them solo. :P

If that's the case, then those Dragon Spires near the green dungeons should be replaced with camp fires for weapon repair, and Party Finder (F7) should be removed. Because soloable (according to Jonathan Lien).

I don't think Bethany Stout understood what we meant when someone asked when Spirit of Bamboo will be available to everyone. She made it sound like it will be available to everyone, but via giveaways only. Not once did she mention the costume coming to the Hongmoon Store. I am disappoint.

As for the DPS meter, I'm very curious to see what precautions they have taken to handle the downsides of it (harassment and trolling due to low DPS, increased player/class discrimination, additional toxicity, etc.) I asked, but they didn't address my question.

29 minutes ago, Sanjhiyan said:

If that's the case, then those Dragon Spires near the green dungeons should be replaced with camp fires for weapon repair, and Party Finder (F7) should be removed. Because soloable (according to Jonathan Lien).

I have to say it.. XD You know we can repair weapons on Dragon Spire, right? XD

About time they add DPS meter. It's need in MMO to many troll believe they are correct in way playing champs. This tool will help people fix DPS problems.

Nothing worst carrying well gear player in a zone because just doing LMB/RMB.

People with low ping are not effected as much. Low ping really effect CC/IFrame. Timer on skill reset don't appear to be effect by ping unless going up and down.

4 minutes ago, Ethria said:

I have to say it.. XD You know we can repair weapons on Dragon Spire, right? XD

The point I was making was to remove the current method of finding a party for green dungeons since finding a party is so easy, according to Jonathan Lien. If finding a party is so easy, then Dragon Spires are no longer needed. 

If the Dragon Spires were completely removed, there would be no easy way for someone to repair a weapon outside the dungeon. Remove the party finder but keep the option to repair weapons. That's why I said the Dragon Spires should be replaced with camp fires.  Do you understand now?

2 hours ago, LordMg said:

Even if that was true, and it isn't, what kind of reasoning is that? There were so many complaint thread about this so maybe many players do need it? and who or what suffers from it??

Lets try some good old thinking-

+Positive aspects for having green dungeons on xserver:

-Much easier to find party, at more times of day.

-The abillity to actually do the dungeons at the appropriate level and not having to overlevel until you're strong enough to solo and then come back.

-Grants a better and funner experience for new players and alts.

-Giving people a choice, you want to solo it? good for you. Want a party but having trouble finding one? here's cross server!

+Negative aspects for having green dungeons on xserver:

-Something that NC isn't telling us maybe?

-uhm, green text doesn't look good with the xserver's background?

This is frankly an insulting response, better if they'd said nothing about it like they do with most serious topics. I want the person who said this to try and solo farm Darkglimpse at level 25.. and maybe take a pick at F7 and faction\region chat to see people desperately failing to find parties.

Just now, Sanjhiyan said:

The point I was making was to remove the current method of finding a party for green dungeons since finding a party is so easy, according to Jonathan Lien. If finding a party is so easy, then Dragon Spires are no longer needed. 

If the Dragon Spires were completely removed, there would be no easy way for someone to repair a weapon outside the dungeon. Remove the party finder but keep the option to repair weapons. That's why I said the Dragon Spires should be replaced with camp fires.  Do you understand now?

Lien said that its easy to find party for them or even go solo them. If you're planning to solo them, fine, we're moving on, no need to fuss more about it. But if you want to find a party, then please tell me, how are you gonna do it if not via Spire? Planning to spam Faction chat for a stupid lvl 25 green dungeon? Sit outside the dungeon and spam say chat till you find people? Dragon Spires have a reason to be in the game, you're placing your message and you continue what you're doing untill you get your party. And even though people never use them here in west (only during the first month maybe), that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose. 

And at the end of the story, I don't get it, do Dragon Spires bother you that much? XD What, they interrupt the view from your balcony? :D I'm sorry, I just don't see what's the big deal with you and Dragon Spires..! Im with you on the fact they shouldn't remove green dungeons from F8, but at the end of the story, people didn't even wanted f8 in the first couple months..! Be glad we still have it, even like this..! But lets not get our anger on poor Spires lel.. 

25 minutes ago, Ethria said:

Lien said that its easy to find party for them or even go solo them. If you're planning to solo them, fine, we're moving on, no need to fuss more about it. But if you want to find a party, then please tell me, how are you gonna do it if not via Spire? Planning to spam Faction chat for a stupid lvl 25 green dungeon? Sit outside the dungeon and spam say chat till you find people? Dragon Spires have a reason to be in the game, you're placing your message and you continue what you're doing untill you get your party. And even though people never use them here in west (only during the first month maybe), that doesn't mean they don't have a purpose. 

And at the end of the story, I don't get it, do Dragon Spires bother you that much? XD What, they interrupt the view from your balcony? :D I'm sorry, I just don't see what's the big deal with you and Dragon Spires..! Im with you on the fact they shouldn't remove green dungeons from F8, but at the end of the story, people didn't even wanted f8 in the first couple months..! Be glad we still have it, even like this..! But lets not get our anger on poor Spires lel.. 

You completely missed the point of his comment. It was just a quip in response to Jonathan saying that green dungeons are soloable. If all green dugeons are soloable, then might as well remove the dragon spires by Jonathan's logic.

This doesn't have to do with the ability to repair next to them either.

My time was always better spent skipping the dungeon if I couldn't solo it, coming back later, or running something easier for the money I needed for the item.  I was waiting 20 minutes plus for queue before they removed them. Once in a while a high level farming the upgrade mats would join and carry me before leaving.  It was far more painful thinking I could run the dungeon through F8, then being stuck in the queue and having to close the game when no one would join to get out of that screen.

I wish they'd give us a heads up on what the next outfit will be. :p  They'd get more of my money that way.  I might be willing to buy one of the outfits going out, if I know I won't like any of the ones coming in.

With the introduction of a DPS meter my wallet gets closed.  I will continue playing the game until Revelation goes into CB and is released later this year.  I love this game but DPS meters do not take into account how different classes play or how high ping affects them. 

17 minutes ago, Cherish said:

With the introduction of a DPS meter my wallet gets closed.  I will continue playing the game until Revelation goes into CB and is released later this year.  I love this game but DPS meters do not take into account how different classes play or how high ping affects them. 

They also don't take into account dungeon mechanics. I.e. whoever is pulling the Gloomdross Boss, destroying Yeti ice pools, or baiting Be Ido missiles is obviously not going to be attacking for long intervals and having lower DPS than usual.

Archived