Regarding SSP

Rusgon

I am typically not one to complain about things, but unfortunately I see this as a much larger issue for my server cluster if it's not taken care of.  Before server merges, Yunwa was already a populated server with a strong Crimson representation. After the merges our faction has more than doubled and of course, because we were already a great number of Crimson, there are a ton more of us. Typically, you would think that this wouldn't be that much of an issue in SSP because when channels reach their caps newer ones are created to aid with lag, and credit issues. HOWEVER, since server merge Yunwa cluster has had three channels only once, and has had the third channel there, but grayed out. With the astounding amount of players in our cluster, wouldn't it make sense for additional channels to be brought into play? What is stopping the game from creating the channels? I am a nearly 600 AP player and should not have to worry about not getting credit for a pig! I have no issue farming and have always done so if I need to weapon upgrade etc... but the amount of players congested into one channel has made it near impossible to do so effectively. I am not asking for SSP to functionally be changed, just asking that the channels it NEEDS are brought into play, and I'm sure that many players are feeling the same frustration as me in regards to this issue.

Just my two cents! 

2 hours ago, DrowningEarth said:

Inb4 the NC apologists/shills come in to tell you that you're wrong and moonstones are meant to be super dooper hard to get.

I'm already prepared for that nonsense! 

Actually moonstones arent and shouldnt be hard to get. But they are one of the faction materials which means factions need to fight for it. same as it was during 45 cap in misty woods with soulstones.

Then again they added moonstones to mushin tower drops and to the pvp rewards.

30 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

Actually moonstones arent and shouldnt be hard to get. But they are one of the faction materials which means factions need to fight for it. same as it was during 45 cap in misty woods with soulstones.

Then again they added moonstones to mushin tower drops and to the pvp rewards.

While I understand that and 100% agree, there is little to no faction fighting on our server due to Crimson vastly outnumbering Creulean. 

The issue again is that there is an exuberant amount of Crimson and not enough channels to hold everyone in- thus creating channel lag, and a lack of prestige/credit for several people.

Well I'm a blademaster with 610AP and I can't drop shit on ssp I hate this system where only top players benifit of this and getting only more rich not allowing regular players to farm ...as you see most of people that spend all day on spp have legendaries already so thats why I quitted the game since devs don't give a shit about nothing.

Its been said that if ppls would fill the other channels instead to struggle to get invite to one,will open up other channels too.Trying to do battle etc.Yet i don't see ppls doing battle anywhere ,and even if they do ,it happens really rarely.

The lack of channels is a reality that pushes our merged servers to play in same amount of channels we had before as single server .Would be great if we would have extra channels because many of us are facing the lag and fps shutters big time .SSP is a thing that devs should rly look into it .It's getting frustrating to not be able to play because the game bad performance and optimisation,this is a thing.Yet ,no one got any kind of answer from devs whatever regarding to this aspect.Even mushin tower rewards are so cheap and rng that you can't take it into consideration to gear up with moonstones coming from there.

I think they merged the servers so they can free up a couple servers for other games, BNS is just a money cow till the next game they get. Everything they do for the "players" always seems to somehow do good for NCsoft as well. They dont do it for the players, they do everything for themselves.

To be honest....all that they would need to do is:

1. Increase slightly the Soulstone rewards from the dailies.

2. Add moonstones as a reward for the daily SSP quests.

3. Remove moonstones and the keys from the drops / boxes

4. Limit channels to 24/30 players and increse / decrese the number of channels depending on the population.

That would lessen the amount of players in the area, those who would want prestige for soulstones, can still farm, and no stupid requirements to get a box drop.

If you come out to lets say approx 10 moonstones per day with the daily quests that should be more than enough.

42 minutes ago, Grimoir said:

To be honest....all that they would need to do is:

1. Increase slightly the Soulstone rewards from the dailies.

2. Add moonstones as a reward for the daily SSP quests.

3. Remove moonstones and the keys from the drops / boxes

4. Limit channels to 24/30 players and increse / decrese the number of channels depending on the population.

That would lessen the amount of players in the area, those who would want prestige for soulstones, can still farm, and no stupid requirements to get a box drop.

If you come out to lets say approx 10 moonstones per day with the daily quests that should be more than enough.

I don't even care if they "fix" the rewards- I just want more than two channels!

28 minutes ago, QueenOfBlades said:

I think they merged the servers so they can free up a couple servers for other games, BNS is just a money cow till the next game they get. Everything they do for the "players" always seems to somehow do good for NCsoft as well. They dont do it for the players, they do everything for themselves.

Most of the instances in this game are virtual machines rather than physical servers.   Not sure about SSP but it's probably a VM too.  If so, VMs are almost trivial to migrate around, clone, etc. which implies the combines were almost certainly not done to free physical servers.   Hardware is just too cheap.   They would buy more rather than try to free it up. 

Example: 

The place where I used to work had 60+ VMs running on one physical ESX server, which was stuffed with RAM and a couple monster Zeon processors.   There were multiple boxes like that and basically everyone remoted into a VM to work.  Multiple users could be on one VM together and not even know it.   It was kind of like how game clients work though I am sure this game pushes things to a whole new level.     The main point is, it doesn't take as much hardware as you might think.  

NC has been hiring for people who have experience with the same stuff we used so that's why I suspect it's not too different at least in the tools they use. 

All They need to do is Increase Health/Defences of NPCs, They die too quick, And After Merge lagg is Not normal..., Before Merge had 60 FPS in SSP, After Merge have 7-15 FPS The Game is already poorly Optimized, So Merge Ruined even more. Of course Server is more Fun now after merge, more people everywhere, All Dungeons full of people. But SSP is Cancer... I my self have 650 AP and I can't get a drop. Terrors/GT's Dieing in 3 Sec how is that normal? They should Increase Health or Defences of NPC's or Limit Channel how many people joining. And Remove The idea that if channel is full. People can invite random players from another channel and they can join a full channel The game is out for quite some time, Most of players running with 600-700 AP in SSP. So imagine 50-60 Players with that high AP Joins channel, Only a High Spec PC, No Lagg Player Can Recive drops and Still a question IF. With that many players, Is completely unplayable. I play my self as a warlock, Skill's Casting soo Slow. it's Bullshit. I cast WingStorm skill and NPC lost half HP already. Like WTH... SSP is Ruined. after Merge We had 7 Channels, now only 1-3 Channels, So I guess so many people Quit SSP Because it's soo unplayable? As far as I know Channels are Dynamic, More people in The area channels creats them self. /I feel very sad for new players. because SSP is the main place to get your Upgrades. If a 650 AP player has very hard time getting Drops, how a new player with 500+ AP will do? /R.I.P my friend. Upgrades Require a huge amount of Moonstones per Upgrade. RNG Key boxes From GT is already Pain. So If I need to play 4-5 SSP games just to get 1 GT box and then Have a Shty RNG and not get a single key Then GG, I quit /SSP too

i agree with most people in this thread. I am in Yunwa aswell, and  even getting the quest drop from king Grim Elephant is a chore at 566 ap because too many people  attacking the same mob at once = lagg. There is another word for this, it is called denial of service, and there are reasons why the big company blizzard did not approve of many players uniting in the same spot in warcraft.  too many players= server crash or region crash. So imagine what it does to a low end pcs,  SSP  becomes virtually unplayable. 10-15 players is fine in one channel,  but 25+  its a nightmare.

at one point I got the chest from King Grim (elephant boss that spawns around 4-5 minute mark before battle phase) yet i did not get the quest item to complete the daily which i found utterly ridiculous and frustrating. And most people there  are farming for hours on end so it does not look like it will die down.

SSP needs rework,  otherwise,  many more will complain about moonstones soon, as more and more players arrive at that level.

Archived