How different are KFMs in the different region builds of the game?

RedRiot

Are there any abilities that were taken out for the US/EU release that still exist in the JP, SEA or KR releases? Are there any other significant class differences between the regions?

A long while back I was in the beta and KFM was my favorite class. I was a fan of power drop/wild tiger strike; the move you used to do when you hit F near a stunned or downed opponent. It got removed in the western build of the game at launch with no official reason behind its removal ever being given to my knowledge. That left us to speculate -- some called it a QoL buff, others called it a nerf -- but regardless, it was gone and nobody knew for sure why. I heard from multiple sources that it was still in the SEA and KR builds of the game.

That struck me as strange, and I'll admit I haven't attempted to go play on any other region to test it so I have to ask: is there anyone that has and can confirm or deny that such big differences in the class exist?

I know that the teams have some significant freedom in localizing and balancing the game, and this mostly doesn't make much of an impact as far as most of us are concerned. Regardless, I remain curious if there is any truth to the rumor that the classes themselves can differ so noticeably.

Also, that animation on power drop was cool and I am still a little salty that it is gone. I still play the game, I guess part of me is just curious what happened to the class that was originally my favorite.

That skills doesn't exist anymore in any region, I am playing KFM in TW, a lot of skills have been changed/removed throughout the years for BnS. All the classes have the same skills set regardless of region, the only difference is the skill balancing where KR will get it first.

It's quite normal for developer to change/removed skills, maybe it was for streamlining, maybe that skill was unnecessary, or maybe for balancing, could be any reason. What you heard is just rumors, there is no truth to it, look at any recent videos from any region and you will see all classes play the same.

I remember that most KFM would use skill points only to change the trigger requirements of that skill so that it would not interfere with their anicancel rotations. Effectively you had to spend skill points to _remove_ a skill, which is indeed dumb. Removing the skill is a solution, however I think everyone would have prefered if they put the animation unto a different skill, with maybe different triggers and effects / damage instead.

They still might do that eventually I guess, the animation should still be in  the code after all.

If this game didn't force all of our attacks onto two buttons, I wouldn't mind power drop coming back.  As it stands, it's already hard enough getting the "right" F skill or Tab skill to come out when you want it.  :P

yes having your longest cool down offensive buff on the same button as your most important escape skill _and_ your most important gap closer was a stroke of genius.

Otherwise, how could they still claim the 4.5/5 star difficulty rating of the KFM? XD

Thanks guys, I appreciate hearing new info on this. The first time around I wanted to ask this a few months back, the KFM forum was not up yet for some reason. Most of the info I did find was just hearsay and rumors, or old hearsay and rumors that had been reheated with a new twist or fabrication thrown in.

I hope Blade and Soul lasts and thrives long enough for them to look into adding the move back in in a well designed and functional way.

Archived