Forums

Ncwest, you don't want to solve the Moonstone problem, admit it.

WLraik

On 7/26/2016 at 0:11 AM, Almerinde said:

'cause NCSoft being NCSoft. Also, It's a free game, you are in the same boat like me, pal. We are still playing this game because there is no other good game in 2016. I Will play "We happy few" tomorrow but sadly there is no other good MMO this year. Just chill and play the game, don't try to get upset 'bout the game because some phoenix will ban you from the forums.
That bird of fire is dangerous around here...

Speak for your self buddy. Im actualy playing the game because I came from tera and its 100x better.

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If not moonstones, it will be some other widely needed mat.

The game makers fully intend to have certain mats stressed so you have something to do (grind) and for you to eventually get frustrated enough to pay cash and buy relief. It's a formula that works for f2p and if you have no real content to offer the players. 

On 7/26/2016 at 9:19 PM, Pesto said:

or maybe there is no problem?

what seems to be the problem with not being able to get moonstones that quickly?

Are you serious or just trolling?

Where are players supposed to get the 500+ moonstones required for upgrades so they don't get discriminated like crazy? They'll just drop from the sky right? I'm sure everyone's able to get a bunch of moonstones from the bullshit plains with how retarded it is?

If they were required in lesser quantities, similar to amount of moonwater transformation stones required, then it wouldn't be so much of a problem would it? Moonwater transformation stones are 10x easier to get, why only require 10-20? Because obviously NCS wants a grind sink somewhere in the game so people get extremely frustrated, and end up buying in cash shop.

P2W at its definition.

Guys please, aside from being bored after maxing out your gear and having all those wonderful gems why don't you go do something else?

Like farming for achievement points or having a casual chat with random people in open world.

I already achieved my main goal of getting to Baleful weapon and residing in the safe zone of 678 AP hurr durr.

Just bear in mind that I'll tell you guys something, I grind my ass all the way to get that AP and other important factors for my gear without dropping a single dime on this game.

Really... this game isn't going anywhere just take your time to get stuffs slowly.

Well that happened before they decide to server merge. Post server merge I can just sit on my throne and shake my legs.

5 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Are you serious or just trolling?

Where are players supposed to get the 500+ moonstones required for upgrades so they don't get discriminated like crazy? They'll just drop from the sky right? I'm sure everyone's able to get a bunch of moonstones from the bullshit plains with how retarded it is?

They were THREE ADDITIONAL WAYS to obtain Moonstones: Farming Terrors, increased channels via overpopulation, and Mushin's Tower.

Instead, none of you try to take advantage of that. You don't bother to search for a solution from the materials given to you. It's entirely the community's fault for not coming to an agreement that benefits everyone.

15 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

They were THREE ADDITIONAL WAYS to obtain Moonstones: Farming Terrors, increased channels via overpopulation, and Mushin's Tower.

Instead, none of you try to take advantage of that. You don't bother to search for a solution from the materials given to you. It's entirely the community's fault for not coming to an agreement that benefits everyone.

More channels in SSP? All channels I end up in are always overcrowded and unless you have max gear (Poharan + Iksanun) then you will be lucky to get drops since you have to compete with the hardcore farmers.

What should NCSoft/Team Bloodlust have done?

The ultimate solution would have been to hard code it to having 20 players max per SSP channel for each side. Create 2 Cerulean only channels and 2 Crimson only channels for the quests and prestige but not loot (except ones specific to finishing dailies). This would allow for people to finish the daily quests but not get Moonstones or Keys. Have a minimum of 6 Channels to start off for the global conflict ones. The conflict ones would be where you'd farm Moonstones and Keys.

The above would solve many issues related to SSP. Latency, Frame Rate, overcrowding. etc would all be solved by dropping player cap to 20 per side and separating channels into two groups. Some for Quests and others for Loot purposes.

The 4-man instance recommendation was more me not having faith that NCSoft would adjust SSP to this degree.

17 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

You do realize that most people can't solo a terror or complete floors 14 and 15. You do realize that people can't get credit for Grindtooth because of multi boxers and bots. I am Soha/Jiwan/Dochun, I am a day time player and the "Elite" clans don't come on until 12 am est because they live in China. Explain to me how I can get moonstones. I lag in Mushins, I can't do ssp because it is controlled by crims during the day and I can't solo terrors. Hmmm. I have 546 ap and I struggle to find parties because everyone weats 600 ap for a simple dungeon like Gloomdross, SM and Asura. I am happy you're max gear. However the issue remains most new people will suffer greatly because of this shortage of moonstone options. In Asia Moonstones drop from dungeons I believe. Why can't they do that here? Oh wait I forgot. This is the NA system and it is all about whales and greed. 

17 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Shadow, before the merge, there were 7 channels total for these Group 6 servers:

Junghado: 2

Juwol: 2

Yunwa: 3

Immediately after the merge, we had 4 channels, which was already less than all of the servers combined. After about 2 or 3 days we lost one channel (they locked Ch 3). And now....After the first week maintenance, we only have 2 channels in ssp with the active one ALWAYS full and difficult to get into. If both manage to fill up, (usually only on the weekends) the third channel opens up. We haven't seen that 4th channel since the first few days of merge. So tell me, how does one server, after combining their population with another 2 servers... LOSE a channel in ssp?!? (3 in yunwa to 2 in Group 6)

I work hard and farm man, but sometimes there isn't anyone willing to give up the chance that they don't get credit on the next GT or Konta by adding me to their party to let me get into the active ssp channel. 

Before merges Mushin had 5 channels rotating and I could farm 40+ moonstones a day if I really work hard (5+ hours farming).

After merge with Old Man Cho, it's down to 3 channels where reds only kill the drills on Mining phase and run away.

No one farm anymore.

23 hours ago, Shadovvv said:

Do I actually have to spell it out?

People are only "punished" because they're not making the most efficient method of collaborating. Unlike NA, all Asia servers, Korean included, ACTUALLY manage to profit off of Soulstone Plains every time. Why? Because literally the entire Asian Country unanimously agreed to split Soulstone Plains between factions, not start a grief war that benefits no one, and battle the mobs with a reasonable amount of players and damage output for everyone to get credit.

It's simply greed, stubbornness, and selfishness by the NA/EU community that garnered the whole Moonstone issue. The server merge potentially increased the number of channels on Soulstone Plains, yet everyone refused to take advantage of that by seeing it in a negative light. If everyone just took a step back, and followed the example laid out by the Asia community, none of these problems would have risen in the first place.

I'm in Yehara and prior to the merge were 2/3 channels. The first week of Group 5 merge has 7/8 channels, then deflated to 3 following suit.

It's been said that the system creates more channels once all existing channels are full. The community, as a whole, could have intentionally overpopulated all channels just to create more. The community, as a whole, could then agree to split Soulstone Plains evenly and leave one or two channels for the sake of PvP for those who want it.

But as I've said before, the community, as a whole, would rather stoop to laziness and have everything handed to them, and refuse to make any effort to create a beneficial environment for others.

1 hour ago, WLraik said:

Before merges Mushin had 5 channels rotating and I could farm 40+ moonstones a day if I really work hard (5+ hours farming).

After merge with Old Man Cho, it's down to 3 channels where reds only kill the drills on Mining phase and run away.

No one farm anymore.anymore 

Because everyone stuffs themselves into 2 channels and trys to flex there epeens 

Again blame the community not NC 

On 7/31/2016 at 3:39 PM, Shadovvv said:

Are you kidding me? Solutions? What "solutions"? Unless your definition of a "solution" is just a note from NCW to players that says "hey we know there's a dire problem and our game design is shit, but we desperately need more $$$ so instead of fixing the problem, we'll just make you buy your way there instead through cash shop".

Let's see:

• Farming terrors? Lmao wut? That's just SSP? How's that an "additional" way? Yeah good luck getting anything "farming terrors" with 50 people, even if you manage to get a box only 10-20% chance to get a key.
  • Increased channels? LOL. Like that does shit when 2-3 servers merge and SSP has 50 people onscreen at once?
  • Mushin's tower? You gotta be joking me right? Yes it's super fun spending 30-60min just to get 1 moonstone to drop. Oh and it's not even a 100% guaranteed drop, the robot and *cricket* with the strawhat just "decides when they feel like dropping it". 50% at most to drop it. It sure does feel nice after all the hard work getting from floor 9 to floor 15, just to get a bunch of naksun badges eh? Of course it's too much to ask for NCS to make it a guaranteed drop. Oh no that would actually be helpful, can't have that.

From what I see, NCSoft certainly provides more way to get Moonstones. However, NCSoft wants to ensure the supply to be set to "limited" instead of "abundance", cuz they need something for people to grind for in this grindy game.

-Linked SPP: while it sounds good on paper, it only works in Eastern servers, where players know to cooperate and share profits. Meanwhile, US players tend to do things they for themselves, instead of seeing a bigger picture, so it fails to make it easier for players to farm moonstones here. Instead, the linking makes it even harder for both sides, especially for factions are weaker after the linking. People don't mind grinding, but they DO mind GRIEF, and SSP is now a grief-prone place for grief-mongers. May as well undo the linking here, if it is even possible.

Or, linked servers might be on purprose. NCWest knows clearly that it will make it harder to farm moonstones here, so players will have to retreat to other sources of moonstones, which are:

-Mushin 14-15: chance to drop on 14th. 100% drop for one moonstone on 15th, along with a chance for 10-100 bundle. This is not a solo-friendly content and greatly depend on your skills, your classes and your gears to make it a viable moonstone income. To get better gear to farm for moonstones,  you have to have... moonstones first, lol.

-Seed events: NCSoft wants to ensure people will run their new and shiny Masts and Gloomdross. This can be considered as a source of moonstone, but unless you run a static group who take turn to get seed bundle, you literally buy a bundle with 1 moon, 5 soul and a few stingers, if you bought them at 1-1.2 gold. The good thing is that you can get a free box every 3 runs of Mast or 6 runs of Gloom.

However, you will need at least 550+ to be able to get into, or make a high-success rate run. Yeah, you can run it at 400AP, or whatever you want to say, but ask yourself if you want to run a slower run with high chance of being ruined, since 400-500AP players are tend to be either newbie or re-rolling alts who have not yet experienced with their classes? To boost your AP, you need to upgrade your gears, and to upgrade your gears, you need... moonstones, lol.

-Grinding for gold to buy moonstones: It's the story of "you need moonstones to upgrade your gears" again. Thanks to AP-gated folk, you need high AP to make meaningful gold income from running dungeons, along with other free-from-box-and-dailies upgrade materials, such as Stingers and Naryu Tablet, along with purple weapons and accessories. Or you may as well settle with humble income with Silverfrost's world quests, gradually buying your ways toward better gold income.

In the end, I think it's all about AP-gated folk that makes AP-gated content. Yeah, let blame them and fix it by making it impossible to view AP first :P

2 hours ago, Windbrand said:

Are you kidding me? Solutions? What "solutions"? Unless your definition of a "solution" is just a note from NCW to players that says "hey we know there's a dire problem and our game design is shit, but we desperately need more $$$ so instead of fixing the problem, we'll just make you buy your way there instead through cash shop".

Let's see:

• Farming terrors? Lmao wut? That's just SSP? How's that an "additional" way? Yeah good luck getting anything "farming terrors" with 50 people, even if you manage to get a box only 10-20% chance to get a key.
  • Increased channels? LOL. Like that does shit when 2-3 servers merge and SSP has 50 people onscreen at once?
  • Mushin's tower? You gotta be joking me right? Yes it's super fun spending 30-60min just to get 1 moonstone to drop. Oh and it's not even a 100% guaranteed drop, the robot and *cricket* with the strawhat just "decides when they feel like dropping it". 50% at most to drop it. It sure does feel nice after all the hard work getting from floor 9 to floor 15, just to get a bunch of naksun badges eh? Of course it's too much to ask for NCS to make it a guaranteed drop. Oh no that would actually be helpful, can't have that.
  • I already stated examples and what the community could have done, instead here you are trying to argue. How is it NCSoft's fault, when they have no way of direct control over the community? This is an issue that the NA community started, because you people would rather cause havoc and stop Grindtooth from spawning instead of creating a compromise that benefits everyone.
  • Mushin's Tower is GUARANTEED to have at least one Moonstone from Floor 15, and takes a half an hour minimum with a chance for higher bundles, meanwhile everything on Soulstone Plains respawns once every hour and drops far less. So what is this talk about "not even guaranteed," you act as if you've never even tried Floor 9-15. The entire community begged for challenging content, and now you're claiming it's too hard? If you really think Naksun is hard, wait until the next set of dungeons.
50 minutes ago, Alysha Hawkeye said:

-Linked SPP: while it sounds good on paper, it only works in Eastern servers, where players know to cooperate and share profits. Meanwhile, US players tend to do things they for themselves, instead of seeing a bigger picture, so it fails to make it easier for players to farm moonstones here. Instead, the linking makes it even harder for both sides, especially for factions are weaker after the linking. People don't mind grinding, but they DO mind GRIEF, and SSP is now a grief-prone place for grief-mongers. May as well undo the linking here, if it is even possible.

-Mushin 14-15: This is not a solo-friendly content and greatly depend on your skills, your classes and your gears to make it a viable moonstone income. To get better gear to farm for moonstones,  you have to have... moonstones first, lol.

EU actually collaborated to make Soulstone Plains a fair and equal place? That's surprising, and good to hear that they have far less issues than NA does.

On the contrary I actually support the server merge. No one does green dungeons or most 24-man instances, but the chances of finding help increase the more active players there are. And then we have the next 24-man instance, Midnight Skypetal Plains, which drops Legendary Soul Shield. But as you said it's the US playerbase who only think of themselves, and it's their own decision to promote grief. All the merge did was bring people together, but it doesn't control or influence their actions.

Naksun himself is literally doable with a broken weapon, just having higher AP makes the fight go faster. The fight is a great learning experience in preparation for whats to come, because the next dungeon Desolate Tomb makes even Sogun's Lament look like a joke.

Is that you, shadovv from dojo? :P

48 minutes ago, Shadovvv said:

EU actually collaborated to make Soulstone Plains a fair and equal place? That's surprising, and good to hear that they have far less issues than NA doe

Naksun himself is literally doable with a broken weapon, just having higher AP makes the fight go faster. The fight is a great learning experience in preparation for whats to come, because the next dungeon Desolate Tomb makes even Sogun's Lament look like a joke.

I don't talk of EU, cuz I don't play in EU. For what I know, EU has less bot problems, cuz they don't do RMT as active as NA players, so less gold suppliers. But that is the story of months ago, and is subject to change.

Merging two bad communities doesn't make a better one. It becomes a blanket-solution where it fixes one problem, or not even fix anything, while creating more. Yeah, NCWest may not predict this to happen, and they may be innocent for this whole mess. However, this is not an excuse for them to escape the responsibility of their mistakes. You might not know that your gun was loaded when you do a make-believe shot at someone, but it doesn't mean you are entirely innocent, cuz you're the one who shoot the gun, after all.

Everything in this game is doable even at 1AP if there is no stupid enrage timer. But, having less AP means slower fight, and slower fight means higher risk of making mistakes, and making mistakes too often result in wipes. Do you want successful runs or risk-prone runs? Get more moonstones first.

Also, what you do in Mushin's Tower is your own solo challenge and not give that much group play experience. It may give you an idea to learn your CC rotation to its best and how to play your class to a certain extent, but it often means next to nothing during dungeon runs where you rely more on your teammate doing the mechanics correctly. CC chain means nothing to most of boss with CC resistance. Maximize DPS means nothing when most of your damage will come from mechanics on super-health boss. Mastering 16 iframe as Soul Fighter means nothing, if you are the only one who's alive fighting the boss, while your teammates are all down. Meanwhile, while you might not even complete 7th floor of Mushin with ease, you can still rekt Talikhan 100 times, as long as you and your teammate does the mechanic correctly.

If you want to learn to run a dungeon and know how your class fares in a dungeon with other classes, it's always better running a dungeon than prove yourself again Naksun.  Mushin's Tower is solo content that does not promote anything about group play. You're there alone, with a cat, or a thrall. Do your best here, Cricket, but it won't help you to play with your fellow Crickets.

On 7/28/2016 at 6:46 PM, FakeName said:

What?  No it isn't.  This game has been out for like 5 years elsewhere, and had both alpha AND beta tests here before official release.  It is the furthest thing from beta test you could get while it's still an active game.

Friend list still bugged, even if u see the Guild player list u cant tell where they are cause messed up, and in ssp u are suppose to see Faction members and enemies in the map just like u see guild players and friends on the map that is still not fixed, FPS Drops on Naryu Labyrinth Minaou biggest bug Ever still not fixed, i can still point out lot, but why the fk i should care for this, they wont fix it anyway, their server is not stable player experiancing lags and delay they dont care about that, and still have one fked up server

Archived