Forums

Ncwest, you don't want to solve the Moonstone problem, admit it.

WLraik

10 minutes ago, WLraik said:

So you think it's all good Moonstones being 5.20g?

Let's talk about PLAYERBASE, not about yourself WhiteTrash, lets not be selfish ok? Can you do that?

Now the 40-45g from purples dungeon dailies makes you able to buy 60+ stingers... 4 or 5 days farming dungeons and you are ready to upgrade.

Back when stingers were 3g you needed 20+ days of the same farming to reach the same goal.

Tell me how is this BAD for the PLAYERBASE?

your arguments: 

- people that sells moonstone won't make as much money.

- you want easy game 

- I play 2 hours a day and can afford buying 50 moonstones/day.

- People will lose interest in playing if they gear up too fast (such stupid fallacy..)

Do you have a different argument? Let me know, I wanna understand your point. But remember, we are talking about MOONSTONES, it's only one ingredient needed to upgrade.

EDIT: if you think a game dies faster because people gear up too fast, take a look at Swtor and Gw2, the gearing is 200x faster than BnS and they have twice as active players. This "game dies if people reach max gear" is just a FALLACY, this is not an argument, neither a fact.

Millions of players in WoW have max gear and they are active every day.

Not a issue i farmed gold bought moonstone I've only Been to ssp two times

Now it's harder to get gold that stingers are nothing 

You think people are still going to farm moonstone and sell them if there 60s each? Lol yea ok 

Not a fallacy I'm 685 ap I'm starting to loose interest doing the same thing over and over and over for little reward now that stingers are worth nothing kinda.no point in farming dung now I do my dailys and log off instead of multiple runs

They also have 20x the city tent then b&s gives you tons more to do and not as toxic people 

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WhiteTrash said:

Not a issue i farmed gold bought moonstone I've only Been to ssp two times

Now it's harder to get gold that stingers are nothing 

You think people are still going to farm moonstone and sell them if there 60s each? Lol yea ok 

Not a fallacy I'm 685 ap I'm starting to loose interest doing the same thing over and over and over for little reward now that stingers are worth nothing kinda.no point in farming dung now I do my dailys and log off instead of multiple runs

'They also have 20x the city tent then b&s gives you tons more to do and not as toxic people 

"Not a issue i farmed gold bought moonstone I've only Been to ssp two times

Now it's harder to get gold that stingers are nothing" 

Ok, so you grinded HARD my friend.. You played hours and many hours a day to be able to reach 685AP without going to SSP.

Do you think an average player (3hours/day) can achieve the same as you? I assume you have a farming group formed already. Ask yourself how hard would be to achieve your stats having no farming group. Kudos to you having your group so you can farm, but the problem still exists.

Now you make less gold selling stingers... But you need them to upgrade, why are you gonna sell them to buy later? Makes no sense. Or YOU don't need stingers anymore and you just sell them, is that right? Are you thinking only about yourself again? I said let's think about the playerbase.

"You think people are still going to farm moonstone and sell them if there 60s each? Lol yea ok "

Nope, people gonna use it to upgrade and progress, being able to reach your 685AP a bit faster than they would right now.

People would not quit the game because the grind feels way to punishing, further making them spend money on the game because it's worth their time.

This would atract way more players from other games, casuals are a thing and they are the majority in the current scenario, making progress a bit easier will not make the game die faster.

"Not a fallacy I'm 685 ap I'm starting to loose interest doing the same thing over and over and over for little reward now that stingers are worth nothing kinda.no point in farming dung now I do my dailys and log off instead of multiple runs"

YOU lose interest.

but the whole majority looses interest when they see 80 moonstones to upgrade and 5.20g each. 

They loose interest in not finding a group when they have 520ap and everyone asks for 550+

And let's be honest, you don't farm (10+ runs) to get stingers only... You farm for high priced items.

That's what happens when you play too much WhiteTrash, you get burned out from the little content this game has for now. And you try to justify this by accepting this super heavy grind to gear up.

"They also have 20x the city tent then b&s gives you tons more to do and not as toxic people "

I totally agree with you.

But why are they much bigger than bns? Convenience, low rng system, alt friendly, QoL features... I could list A LOT of things on why those games are alive for many years and still have twice as more players than bns in 6 months. Imagine in 2 years how low will be the bns population if they keep doing this same stupid rng and punishing system to gear up.

7 minutes ago, WLraik said:

"Not a issue i farmed gold bought moonstone I've only Been to ssp two times

Now it's harder to get gold that stingers are nothing" 

Ok, so you grinded HARD my friend.. You played hours and many hours a day to be able to reach 685AP without going to SSP.

Do you think an average player (3hours/day) can achieve the same as you? I assume you have a farming group formed already. Ask yourself how hard would be to achieve your stats having no farming group. Kudos to you having your group so you can farm, but the problem still exists.

Now you make less gold selling stingers... But you need them to upgrade, why are you gonna sell them to buy later? Makes no sense. Or YOU don't need stingers anymore and you just sell them, is that right? Are you thinking only about yourself again? I said let's think about the playerbase.

"You think people are still going to farm moonstone and sell them if there 60s each? Lol yea ok "

Nope, people gonna use it to upgrade and progress, being able to reach your 685AP a bit faster than they would right now.

People would not quit the game because the grind feels way to punishing, further making them spend money on the game because it's worth their time.

This would atract way more players from other games, casuals are a thing and they are the majority in the current scenario, making progress a bit easier will not make the game die faster.

"Not a fallacy I'm 685 ap I'm starting to loose interest doing the same thing over and over and over for little reward now that stingers are worth nothing kinda.no point in farming dung now I do my dailys and log off instead of multiple runs"

YOU lose interest.

but the whole majority looses interest when they see 80 moonstones to upgrade and 5.20g each. 

They loose interest in not finding a group when they have 520ap and everyone asks for 550+

And let's be honest, you don't farm (10+ runs) to get stingers only... You farm for high priced items.

That's what happens when you play too much WhiteTrash, you get burned out from the little content this game has for now. And you try to justify this by accepting this super heavy grind to gear up.

"They also have 20x the city tent then b&s gives you tons more to do and not as toxic people "

I totally agree with you.

But why are they much bigger than bns? Convenience, low rng system, alt friendly, QoL features... I could list A LOT of things on why those games are alive for many years and still have twice as more players than bns in 6 months. Imagine in 2 years how low will be the bns population if they keep doing this same stupid rng and punishing system to gear up.

I don't have a group I get my parties from f8 lol 

I never sell stingers I save them for upgrades

Yes the stinger price drop affects everyone's income cause you used to make money off the people buying them in the dungs now it's virtually nothing 

Wrong if there that low people will stop farming them and buy them 

I play 3 hours a night so no I don't hard grind I just used my time wisely

and got lucky a few times thru hm coin boxes its not that hard 

Used to make 60-90gold a night in 3 hours so don't talk like you know me saying I play to much  but now that stingers are in the toilet I'm down to like 50-60 unless I want to waste time in multiple gloom runs 

80 moonstones at 5.2g each gave me something to work for and a reason to do stuff take gold or run wwv it's a mmo it should be grindy just saying 

The main issue with this game is the cross server dung it makes it non guild dependent and causes a toxic community cause people don't need to socialize and don't need to make friends and work together they can just f8 and go and noone helps each other making everyone selfish not the prices cause it's all me me me 

Unlike the one guild is I play with we trade mats and gold and craft for each other all the time to help 

Bet the game would be 1000x more healthy if they merged it to 2 severs with multiple channels and took away f8 and made people play together 

1 hour ago, WhiteTrash said:

'd rather prices not hit rock bottom like stingers are heading 

There needs to be things hard to obtain of the game will die faster then it already is lol 

There needs to be a gold sink sts and moon stones are it and that's how it should be 

I don't know about you but after I get  legendary and max level it I'm not going to have much motivation to do anything except for maybe do it all over again on my alts and that's highly unlikely 

The problem is, the ones who already have their Legendary and all that crap either bought them with (a lot of) real money, or no-lifed the game playing 12+ hours a day. The ones who haven't (my self included) are beyond sick of the tedious amount of grind required for very little progress.  Really you don't NEED any of the true end-game gear to do everything in this game, it just makes it easier and gives you a carrot to chase. 

Most FTP MMO's have proven that it's the more casual player-base that is the bread and butter of their income. The no-lifers leave as soon as they hit cap regardless because they burn-out.  The casuals are the people who spend real dollars on things like cosmetic items and who level one of every class in the game at their own pace.  Right now the end-game gearing curve is so insanely daunting for anyone who isn't putting in 30+ hours a week that they're just giving up. These are also the people telling their friends to not bother with the game because the grind is insane, which means the population will continue to decline.

Personally, I'd love to have a max level / half-decently geared alt of every class because the classes all play very differently. But I won't because I can't face the shear amount of grind or money I need to spend on these toons at max level to even get to just 500AP - Let alone a legendary weapon or all my hongmoon skills unlocked.  

I'm not saying they start handing out free legendary weapons, but instead of making it a massive resource grind, make it a quest grind, or achievements, or something "epic and legendary" that isn't farming the same location over and over again to get a single resource that gates all progress.  There's a big difference between difficulty and tedium.  Unfortunately, most eastern MMO's go with tedium because that's what their player-base enjoys.  Western MMO's tend to go for difficulty.  It is a cultural difference that I don't think any eastern MMO developer understands.

Well I just read topic and not any other messages. I remember when moonstones were 1 gold and stingers was 4 gold back then, now they just switched sides. I have to say that something always have to be expensive. If moonstones getting cheaper some other material always have to be expensive thats how this game works. Just imagine if each material be like 1 gold each. Then everyone could do same items right? To be honest I would want it too, but sadly I am not responsible from this. I just know that there always have to be someone with better items than rest of people.

I don't have a group I get my parties from f8 lol 

I never sell stingers I save them for upgrades

Yes the stinger price drop affects everyone's income cause you used to make money off the people buying them in the dungs now it's virtually nothing 

Wrong if there that low people will stop farming them and buy them 

I play 3 hours a night so no I don't hard grind I just used my time wisely

and got lucky a few times thru hm coin boxes its not that hard 

Used to make 60-90gold a night in 3 hours so don't talk like you know me saying I play to much  but now that stingers are in the toilet I'm down to like 50-60 unless I want to waste time in multiple gloom runs 

80 moonstones at 5.2g each gave me something to work for and a reason to do stuff take gold or run wwv it's a mmo it should be grindy just saying 

The main issue with this game is the cross server dung it makes it non guild dependent and causes a toxic community cause people don't need to socialize and don't need to make friends and work together they can just f8 and go and noone helps each other making everyone selfish not the prices cause it's all me me me 

Unlike the one guild is I play with we trade mats and gold and craft for each other all the time to help 

Bet the game would be 1000x more healthy if they merged it to 2 severs with multiple channels and took away f8 and made people play together 

"I never sell stingers I save them for upgrades"

Here you say you never sell stingers.

"Used to make 60-90gold a night in 3 hours so don't talk like you know me saying I play to much  but now that stingers are in the toilet I'm down to like 50-60 unless I want to waste time in multiple gloom runs "

Here you claim you're not making that much money anymore because stingers are in the toilet.

The rest about F8 I agree with you, but I don't understand you anymore WhiteTrash.

7 minutes ago, WLraik said:

"I never sell stingers I save them for upgrades"

Here you say you never sell stingers.

"Used to make 60-90gold a night in 3 hours so don't talk like you know me saying I play to much  but now that stingers are in the toilet I'm down to like 50-60 unless I want to waste time in multiple gloom runs "

Here you claim you're not making that much money anymore because stingers are in the toilet.

The rest about F8 I agree with you, but I don't understand you anymore WhiteTrash.

Yes 12 stack drops was 12 gold split 

Now your lucky to get even 6 to split lol so yes my income in the toilet now 

There's this thing when you run dungeons and don't bid on things you make money lol I don't sell the stingers from my boxes and or quests 

18 hours ago, Pesto said:

maybe 2-3? however long it takes for me to finish the daily challenge + all the level 50 purple dungeons, usually done within two tops i would say.

the rest of the time is wasted, either on pvp, or just socializing

no i dont have 700 ap 

but you don't need 700 ap to play the game

in fact, you can get by with around 550 for everything that has been released thus far. 500 if you like pushing it close to enrage timers

and you can get 550 easy with minimal moonstone used.

for example, i havent logged into game today yet, i was playing overwatch for about an hour earlier, then i went out to buy some food. now i am home i am gonna watch some tv shows while i eat, then after i finish eating i plan on logging on and finishing all the stuff. probably finishing around 1230 am i would guess. that's a typical day for me when i play.

new 4 mans have 600+ Ap requirements at the minimum usually, 6 mand doesn't drop anything valuable but the usualy stinger and stuff nobody cares about, in the end we all want to run 4 man for the great loot, not just pug through 6 mans with 550 AP for nothing. And you could get 550 easily with minimal moonstones when pirate and siren was here, not anymore. Unless you wanna spend the rest of your days doing silverfrost dailies to get to Hm9-10

I'll come here first saying i didnt read all the posts on last pages.

I want to add only that if u think adding moonstones in 14,15 in mushin is a great idea,its not for me and many others who still have problems with ping,freezes,lags at all.There is no way to kill 14,15 if u suffer from all those things.

I tried to do infinity tower yesterday and i have a rly High ap to clear many floors and i froze for one,yes,one whole minute there,then i left.So no mushins isnt an option for me atm.

So no personally i see that they done absolutely nothing so far to make moonstones available to ppl who dont like to pvp in going in ssp.

Yes 12 stack drops was 12 gold split 

Now your lucky to get even 6 to split lol so yes my income in the toilet now 

There's this thing when you run dungeons and don't bid on things you make money lol I don't sell the stingers from my boxes and or quests 

I would rather have loads of mats than lots of gold that I would have to burn on mats anyway (or grind until I get wrinkly and old). I hope Ncsoft will listen to players and give us a reliable way to get more moonstones. they don't have to rain like stingers, just a little more would do. obtainable in a way that's not behind rng. but I guess that's the idea to make them rare :(

2 hours ago, Mucski said:

new 4 mans have 600+ Ap requirements at the minimum usually, 6 mand doesn't drop anything valuable but the usualy stinger and stuff nobody cares about, in the end we all want to run 4 man for the great loot, not just pug through 6 mans with 550 AP for nothing. And you could get 550 easily with minimal moonstones when pirate and siren was here, not anymore. Unless you wanna spend the rest of your days doing silverfrost dailies to get to Hm9-10

NEW 4 mans you said?

NEW.

ITS NEW.

Why do you have to be able to do NEW content NOW? 

and i know how many moonstones it takes to go from oathbreaker to true breeze, it takes 100 total. it's not like i used siren/pirate path (soulfighter, duh)

thats 600 gold even at the current market price.

start from scratch and in one month you can play 90% of the content

and you say this game is too grindy?

Like what has the NA player culture turned into, I frequent forums from other BNS clients and honestly we are the only ones complaining about the game being too hard.

Do you guys not realize it's just as hard for every other region?

But we are the only ones who complain and want the game to get turned into hellokitty online RPG

I would blame the players before NCWest.  They just brought the game over the way it was created.  I have heard that other regions are able to split up the channels and mine without issue.  I am not sure how Poharan became channel hopping greifing all the time.  I assume it is from bots, but Iksanun's two channels could generate almost as many moonstone's into the game as Poharan's five channels it had before the merge. Last night, there were only 3 available channels.  Mushin 9-15 is more profitable for me at the moment.  If people can't work out something to farm the content efficiently, then it deserves to stay a mess. Feast or famine. If you work together then you can reap the rewards.  If you can't then you'll starve.  It's up to the players to decide.

41 minutes ago, Brand X said:

I remember a time when it was Moonstone Transformation and Soulstone problem.

yep, and people wanted the quests to give out some MTS as well as lower the mats required for MTS. People just can't handle not having the top end gear in a week because they can get to level 25 on league of legends in 30 minutes

22 hours ago, Pesto said:

I like how you people think spending money in cash shop is a waste tho.

I swear people nowadays are so used to handouts it's like anytime something isn't actually fully free they enrage faster than asura after 5 blooms

how much do you spend on a typical night out eating something other than mcdonalds or dennys?

how much do you spend going to watch the next marvel movie

how much do you spend on clothing and apparel that is nonessential? 

how much do people actually win on the average night out to a casino

yet we pay for those things willingly

but no, not for internet games, virtual goods should be free, who cares about the number of working hours invested into this virtual product that i am spending a couple hours a week on

NCSoft made 54 million dollars in the first quarter from blade and soul.

6 minutes ago, GodofWrath said:

NCSoft made 54 million dollars in the first quarter from blade and soul.

not that i am questioning the validity of your claims but where's the source on that information? 

editing for bad math

1. the whole company of NCSOFT made approximately 47 million dollars USD world wide in net profits

that's the whole company, not just BNS 

in terms of pure sales amount, BNS did make 47637393.84000 US Dollars globally, that's about 47.6 million

the 54 million USD amount i believe you saw was in total sales amount across all merchandises including lineage and aion in NA/EU (60774 million KRW)

however, the two numbers above did not take into considerations the costs of running the business, so they aren't net profit.

Comparing sales amount from Q4 2015 to Q1 2016 for BNS, the sales pushed up by BNS NA/EU launch is roughly 19 million USD

again, that isn't considering the cost of running NCWest and the servers or any other associated costs 

14 minutes ago, 876605_1452550437 said:

Math isnt your strong suit huh?

i edited for bad math because i copy pasted something wrong into google, which i noticed within a minute of posting but good job catching that right away and pointing it out as if the rest of my math is wrong tho

also, 66.243 million KRW is indeed 58000 dollars, notice i used a period not a comma. so maybe math isn't your strong suit?

On 7/26/2016 at 8:23 PM, WLraik said:

You really don't see a problem with Moonstones being almost 5 gold?

Would you rather have Stingers and Moonstones for 2g on both, or Stingers for 50s and Moonstones for 5g? Apparently you've all forgotten what Stingers was like, and what the change for Stingers now has affected the Moonstone economy. If Moonstones were to crash, then what will happen to Honorary Ornaments, Sealed Naryu Tablets, Sealed Flowers, Sealed Taikhan Skins, Hongmoon Skills, and so on? They'll inflate, and then people will once again beg NCSoft to make material farming even more easier. Once that happens, everything that deflated becomes much less profitable while simultaneously making gold much more valuable and truly then the "rich will get richer" as they sit on their thousands of hoarded gold that's only worth spending on the few materials that were inflated.

Keep in mind endgame is not supposed to be easy, yet they literally handed out Stingers like candy. Considering that they effectively eased up one part of upgrading, asking for more is just being plain greedy.

On 26/07/2016 at 2:42 AM, Reap00 said:

They have to keep the moonstone supply as low as possible. This guarantees more people waste more money on the next trove.

This is the smartest comment ive seen in this forum, i never even though of it but it makes so much fkn sence lol.

I acept this comment as the main reason cause it makes perfect sence while being so simple. Well done Reap00!

I understand the fact that we need to make some endgame items hard to get, but when we say "hard to get", it should be about dungeon difficulties, mechanics or time-consuming farming, not because of lag, fps issue, overcrowded channel etc. People who are able to farm SSP all day to sell moonstone are able to do it; and the demand for moonstone is so high that it is now 5g is not because people are too lazy to farm, it is because a lot of players are having technical issue with the location. When you want to make a certain item hard to farm, you got to make sure it is playable to all in the first place, if not, people have no choice but to keep buying from the market (punishing them just because they have average computer or internet speed). 

Archived